Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Adams is off 19:42 - Aug 20 with 3394 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23564893/che-adams-southampt

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Looks like Adams is off on 08:13 - Aug 21 with 760 viewsSaintNick

Looks like Adams is off on 22:51 - Aug 20 by Butty101

I have a feeling if we were relegated under Nasty Nics regime you would have a different angle on this.

If people are moaning about it in a years time you may have a point. But it was only a couple months ago that they wrecked the club. The owners not here becuase he grew up with a picture of david armstrong on his wall.

Ironically we have a situation where the club is well run now in terms of its structure but because of relegation the owners are getting stick, whereas back then we were a shambles behind the scenes but doing ok, although the first half of the season in 2012/13 was not great and a disaster to start with.

So yes probably if we were relegated under Cortese I would have had a different angle, but he wasn't the owner, just an employee, he was Martin Semmens, not Sport Republic, but it would have been justified due to the chaos behind the scenes. He had no love for the club, look at how he banned Le Tissier & Benali, he was here to get rich, he hated Southampton both the club and City, he had to be removed by Katharina Liebherr as he refused to discuss anything about it with her.

He has never returned or for that matter worked in football again.

You say they wrecked the club, thats very dramatic, it's not wrecked it's suffering a setback, football clubs get relegated sometimes, if they have the right structure behind them, then they recover.

You are right the owners didn't grow up with a picture of David Armstrong on the wall, nor did Markus Liebherr, in fact there arent that many owners these days that actually supported the club prior to buying it, the only ones in the current top flight I can think of are Brighton & West Ham.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Looks like Adams is off on 08:25 - Aug 21 with 738 viewsSonicBoom

I think SR made some huge mistakes which culminated in our relegation. There was a lot of arrogance which hopefully has now gone.

Personally I'd sell Adams. He doesn't even look like he wants to be here. He didn't looked that pleased to score a winning goal and his post match interview was even less enthusiastic. Had he not got a back post tap in then he didn't do that much against Plymouth.

I think the issue is that despite Martin saying that lots of players want to come here, to date, we've had Charles (who looks like the next Lavia tbf), and a raft of 19 year. olds.
The fans would like to see some proper replacements come in.
If we sell Adams then we need a genuine striker who can come straight into the side.
Hopefully we'll all feel better once the window has closed, we've stopped flogging everyone we get an offer for, and we have bought some decent new blood in in the key positions that we need..
We look a half decent side right now, but to get promoted you need goals. Plymouth nearly managed to shut us out, and there are better sides in this league than them.
Looks like Adams is off on 09:30 - Aug 21 with 641 viewsUTS1885

Adams has gambled on reducing his contract, so that he can maximise his financial prospects with probably his last long contract. His age means hes looking to get the best deal and so any PL club can offer that. Seeing out his contract would also suit him as aside from bigger wages he would get a large signing on fee.

Whoever gets sold, we just have to make sure we buy in equal or better.
Looks like Adams is off on 10:30 - Aug 21 with 609 viewsblambo

I didn't buy a season ticket and if the tw4ts sell Che I shall feel 100% justified.
Che is a fantastic weapon in the Championship, without his goals we would have
TWO points, not 7.
Looks like Adams is off on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 586 viewssaintwizzler

Can’t see why any PL club would be in for him TBH.
His level is at The Championship.
He will score a hatful if he stays with us.
Offer him a contract, if he signs, good.
If not and an acceptable offer comes in then sell.

We need to get the clowns off the payroll.
McCarthy, Mara, Onuachu, Djenepo and it looks like Sulemana has no future at the club too.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Looks like Adams is off on 10:52 - Aug 21 with 577 viewssolent_toffee

Looks like Adams is off on 10:43 - Aug 21 by saintwizzler

Can’t see why any PL club would be in for him TBH.
His level is at The Championship.
He will score a hatful if he stays with us.
Offer him a contract, if he signs, good.
If not and an acceptable offer comes in then sell.

We need to get the clowns off the payroll.
McCarthy, Mara, Onuachu, Djenepo and it looks like Sulemana has no future at the club too.

The signing of Adams would be a reflection on the clubs scouting system e.g. they haven’t got one.

That’s 30 million on Maupay and Adams. Awesome work.
Looks like Adams is off on 11:29 - Aug 21 with 515 viewsButty101

Looks like Adams is off on 08:13 - Aug 21 by SaintNick

Ironically we have a situation where the club is well run now in terms of its structure but because of relegation the owners are getting stick, whereas back then we were a shambles behind the scenes but doing ok, although the first half of the season in 2012/13 was not great and a disaster to start with.

So yes probably if we were relegated under Cortese I would have had a different angle, but he wasn't the owner, just an employee, he was Martin Semmens, not Sport Republic, but it would have been justified due to the chaos behind the scenes. He had no love for the club, look at how he banned Le Tissier & Benali, he was here to get rich, he hated Southampton both the club and City, he had to be removed by Katharina Liebherr as he refused to discuss anything about it with her.

He has never returned or for that matter worked in football again.

You say they wrecked the club, thats very dramatic, it's not wrecked it's suffering a setback, football clubs get relegated sometimes, if they have the right structure behind them, then they recover.

You are right the owners didn't grow up with a picture of David Armstrong on the wall, nor did Markus Liebherr, in fact there arent that many owners these days that actually supported the club prior to buying it, the only ones in the current top flight I can think of are Brighton & West Ham.

How can you say the club is well run. How much money did we waste on firing 3 managers? How much has relegation cost the club? How much debt has been dumped on the club because of last seasons largely poor transfer business? For a business that wasnt in great health due to covid its in a considerably worse play now.

I see some where you have said the owner put a 160mill into the club. That is a pure fantasy statement, ffp stops the owners making this kind of investment.

How were we a shambles, we had a fantastic scouting network that brought in some talent from across europe and had some of the best finishes the club has had in its history.

I see Martin Semmens hasnt been snapped up either yet.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024