Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? 23:45 - Sep 1 with 6346 viewsRichardO

Will be interesting to see how all things will fit together.
Any news on Wood?
Disappointed at losing Morgan but if he wanted to go then so be it.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:07 - Sep 2 with 1224 viewsWhiterockin

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:03 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

All the indications are that Duff will stick with three CBs, but doesn't this look appealing?

Rushworth
Ashby Humpreys Pederson Tymon
Patino/Fulton Grimes/Allen
Key Lowe Ginnelly
Yates

Who knows, having pace in the squad might encourage Grimes to pass forwards more often and morph into the creative playmaker we would love him to be.

I can't see Wood being benched.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:14 - Sep 2 with 1209 viewsswan_si

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 07:44 - Sep 2 by AnotherJohn

+1. That is a major concern. I can't see where the goals that Piroe and Ntcham gave us will come from. Hope I'm wrong.

as far as where the goals are coming from, as they were both in the last year of their contracts and refusing to sign another, we would be asking the same question next season but without the money we received this year, give what we have a chance, if we're struggling by Xmas we can had another striker to Santa's list.šŸ˜‰
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:28 - Sep 2 with 1159 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:03 - Sep 2 by cadleigh

All the indications are that Duff will stick with three CBs, but doesn't this look appealing?

Rushworth
Ashby Humpreys Pederson Tymon
Patino/Fulton Grimes/Allen
Key Lowe Ginnelly
Yates

Who knows, having pace in the squad might encourage Grimes to pass forwards more often and morph into the creative playmaker we would love him to be.

Think most of the fans would like to see back just to see if it would work?
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 1129 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:07 - Sep 2 by Whiterockin

I can't see Wood being benched.

Not fussed on having Fulton, Grimes and Allen all playing, Allen and Grimes with Fulton to come on when Allen tires, or Allen to come on for Fulton, although I'd rather see Allen start.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:51 - Sep 2 with 1124 viewsonehunglow

We seem to have @ lot of players right now.
Quite who is going to be benched will be interesting .
Ashby might well want game time but he s not really pulled up any trees for us thus far .
Iā€™d go Wood and Humphreyā€™s as CBs with Pedersen and Key full backs .
The rest ā€¦I have no idea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:56 - Sep 2 with 1115 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:51 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

We seem to have @ lot of players right now.
Quite who is going to be benched will be interesting .
Ashby might well want game time but he s not really pulled up any trees for us thus far .
Iā€™d go Wood and Humphreyā€™s as CBs with Pedersen and Key full backs .
The rest ā€¦I have no idea

Having just paid 2mill or whatever for Tymon he's gonna play, Chelsea haven't sent Humphrey's here to pick splinters out of his arse sitting on the bench either, not saying that both of either will start today after only arriving yesterday mind, that goes for Lowe and Pederson to.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:58 - Sep 2 with 1104 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:56 - Sep 2 by max936

Having just paid 2mill or whatever for Tymon he's gonna play, Chelsea haven't sent Humphrey's here to pick splinters out of his arse sitting on the bench either, not saying that both of either will start today after only arriving yesterday mind, that goes for Lowe and Pederson to.

Yep,I see it that way.
Some of iur squad are going to feel dumped very soon.
Today is a chance for them to make their m@rk

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:03 - Sep 2 with 1093 viewsmax936

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:58 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Yep,I see it that way.
Some of iur squad are going to feel dumped very soon.
Today is a chance for them to make their m@rk

Hopefully we got some strength in depth in the squad now, very nice problem to have, down to Duffers to find the best formula now.

Login to get fewer ads

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:37 - Sep 2 with 1005 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:03 - Sep 2 by max936

Hopefully we got some strength in depth in the squad now, very nice problem to have, down to Duffers to find the best formula now.

When he came in I said I thought he would do well.

Iā€™m starting to get the nagging feeling weā€™ve spent a lot of money backing a bad manager. Maybe we were so desperate to get away from Russell Martin football we appointed a manager who is much more direct, but gets out thought every week.

Even without yesterdays signings, our players are much better than the last 5 games.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:28 - Sep 2 with 984 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:37 - Sep 2 by jack247

Iā€™m starting to get the nagging feeling weā€™ve spent a lot of money backing a bad manager. Maybe we were so desperate to get away from Russell Martin football we appointed a manager who is much more direct, but gets out thought every week.

Even without yesterdays signings, our players are much better than the last 5 games.

But for a great deal of last season they weren't that much better players we lacked pace, leaked goals we had a left sided player in Manning but still looked lop side with no threat on the right.
We have managed to go ahead in two games this year but are still leaking goals.
Duff doesn't know how fragile some of his players are yet a number of managers of teams we have played against do and did a job on us.
We knew the defence needed help from last year given last years performances and have got some new players in the transfer window.
Would have been very surprised to see any of them today maybe Tjoe-A-On should have been brought on and Key swapped to the right and Naughton removed at half time along with Ashby and Ginnelly brought on rather than after the damage was done.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:37 - Sep 2 with 979 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:28 - Sep 2 by RichardO

But for a great deal of last season they weren't that much better players we lacked pace, leaked goals we had a left sided player in Manning but still looked lop side with no threat on the right.
We have managed to go ahead in two games this year but are still leaking goals.
Duff doesn't know how fragile some of his players are yet a number of managers of teams we have played against do and did a job on us.
We knew the defence needed help from last year given last years performances and have got some new players in the transfer window.
Would have been very surprised to see any of them today maybe Tjoe-A-On should have been brought on and Key swapped to the right and Naughton removed at half time along with Ashby and Ginnelly brought on rather than after the damage was done.

Weā€™ve got a stronger, more balanced squad than last season. Key may be on the wrong side, but heā€™s quite capable there.

Duff has been here since June. Heā€™s had a full pre season, 5 league and 2 cup games. If he doesnā€™t know more about his players than managers who have come up against us twice a season for the last couple of years, thereā€™s a lot wrong.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:40 - Sep 2 with 974 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:37 - Sep 2 by jack247

Weā€™ve got a stronger, more balanced squad than last season. Key may be on the wrong side, but heā€™s quite capable there.

Duff has been here since June. Heā€™s had a full pre season, 5 league and 2 cup games. If he doesnā€™t know more about his players than managers who have come up against us twice a season for the last couple of years, thereā€™s a lot wrong.

Can see why Plymouth hung on to their manager
Surprise packet

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:44 - Sep 2 with 975 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:40 - Sep 2 by onehunglow

Can see why Plymouth hung on to their manager
Surprise packet

Was he interviewed here or just linked?
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:48 - Sep 2 with 970 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:44 - Sep 2 by jack247

Was he interviewed here or just linked?

I just read we were ā€œ interestedā€ but he decided to stay put. Wise man and one who knows what he is doing .

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 23:57 - Sep 2 with 896 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 16:37 - Sep 2 by jack247

At what point was the squad stronger before the end of this seasons transfer window and would anyone have put any of our new signing in the team today.
We lost Piroe, Ntcham and Manning three of our most influential players, have we replaced them with proven suitable players, experienced at this level, no, so we are now dealing with the same problems in todays game that Martin took almost two years to work out with the remaining squad
Ashby struggled today and Naughton shouldn't be in the team as one of the last men in the defence, be it as centreback or full back.
If the experienced managers of teams have done their job in the last two years and research us properly they would know our weaknesses, as today's showing also proves Duff doesn't yet, he is making the very the early season mistakes others of our managers have made.
We now have a number of players to come in their correct positions to make us a more balanced squad because today's outing showed just how unbalanced our team is so far this season.
Duff fault for not having the right players available for today's game or at fault for not yet aware the strengths and weaknesses within the previous members of our squad and unable to integrate the new players we had available for today's game.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:00 - Sep 3 with 824 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 23:57 - Sep 2 by RichardO

At what point was the squad stronger before the end of this seasons transfer window and would anyone have put any of our new signing in the team today.
We lost Piroe, Ntcham and Manning three of our most influential players, have we replaced them with proven suitable players, experienced at this level, no, so we are now dealing with the same problems in todays game that Martin took almost two years to work out with the remaining squad
Ashby struggled today and Naughton shouldn't be in the team as one of the last men in the defence, be it as centreback or full back.
If the experienced managers of teams have done their job in the last two years and research us properly they would know our weaknesses, as today's showing also proves Duff doesn't yet, he is making the very the early season mistakes others of our managers have made.
We now have a number of players to come in their correct positions to make us a more balanced squad because today's outing showed just how unbalanced our team is so far this season.
Duff fault for not having the right players available for today's game or at fault for not yet aware the strengths and weaknesses within the previous members of our squad and unable to integrate the new players we had available for today's game.

Did they sign in time to be eligible? I would have thought a couple would have been on the bench if so, arguably even throw Humphreys in at the deep end for Naughton?

A stronger squad, not stronger best 3 players. We wonā€™t replace Piroes goals from one player, agreed.

Fisher and Webb/the backup keeper who we signed late on or Rushworth and Fisher?

Piroe and Cullen or Yates, Cullen, Kukharevych and Ginelly?

Ntcham and Patino are different types. You could argue that one either way.

Manning and Latibaudiere or Key and Ashby?

Iā€™d say we are stronger up front, in goal and despite Ashbys start at fullback. Midfield is 50/50 and that doesnā€™t account for the four deadline day signings that undoubtedly improve our back three and give us a natural fullback on his stronger foot on each side.

I think weā€™ve quite emphatically got a stronger squad now.

Not doubting managers who have played us recently will know our players strengths and weaknesses. I am doubting they will know our players better than Duff, heā€™s been here 3 months working with them daily.

If you meant theyā€™ll know our players better than he will know theirs, I agree.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:10 - Sep 3 with 811 viewsWhiterockin

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:00 - Sep 3 by jack247

Did they sign in time to be eligible? I would have thought a couple would have been on the bench if so, arguably even throw Humphreys in at the deep end for Naughton?

A stronger squad, not stronger best 3 players. We wonā€™t replace Piroes goals from one player, agreed.

Fisher and Webb/the backup keeper who we signed late on or Rushworth and Fisher?

Iā€™d say we are stronger up front, in goal and despite Ashbys start at fullback. Midfield is 50/50 and that doesnā€™t account for the four deadline day signings that undoubtedly improve our back three and give us a natural fullback on his stronger foot on each side.

Not doubting managers who have played us recently will know our players strengths and weaknesses. I am doubting they will know our players better than Duff, heā€™s been here 3 months working with them daily.

If you meant theyā€™ll know our players better than he will know theirs, I agree.

I watched the game through Bristol City TV. In the build up they knew exactly our weaknesses and how to beat us and this was the commentary team, obviously a professional coaching set up will be more knowledgeable. Currently we are just too predictable and easy to work out.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 09:31 - Sep 3 with 764 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 15:37 - Sep 2 by jack247

You may have a Point
I hope not

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:05 - Sep 3 with 741 viewsjack247

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:10 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

I watched the game through Bristol City TV. In the build up they knew exactly our weaknesses and how to beat us and this was the commentary team, obviously a professional coaching set up will be more knowledgeable. Currently we are just too predictable and easy to work out.

Agree with that totally. Weā€™re predictable. They sat back quite soon after taking the lead, they must have been very confident we wouldnā€™t break them down as we were there for the taking.

The bit I donā€™t agree with is the likes of Pearson and his team knowing our players strengths and weaknesses better than Duff. If thatā€™s the case, what has he been doing for three months?
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:27 - Sep 3 with 731 viewsonehunglow

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:05 - Sep 3 by jack247

Agree with that totally. Weā€™re predictable. They sat back quite soon after taking the lead, they must have been very confident we wouldnā€™t break them down as we were there for the taking.

The bit I donā€™t agree with is the likes of Pearson and his team knowing our players strengths and weaknesses better than Duff. If thatā€™s the case, what has he been doing for three months?

Pearson,like Tony Mowbury is an old sweat
Not Swansea way material really

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:46 - Sep 3 with 721 viewsRichardO

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 08:00 - Sep 3 by jack247

Duff has been three months but know all the players and how they will perform game by game is a different thing, how many of the pre-season games included Piroe and Ntcham, some of the forwards have only been here a limited time or not fit enough according to Duff.
We have seen him try and not to make too many changes but he has had to play what looks like a very capable player in Keys out of position, let him settle in, at least on the side he is use to playing, because he got turned inside out for one of their goals.
Ashby looks a good player but one who has a lot to learn about Championship football hopefully can adjust in the same way as Guehi who took time to adjust.
Duff has tried at half time to implement little changes to strengthen our positions in games which haven't come off.
He could of put Tjoe-A-On on at half time seeing as we went to, as requested by most of us, four at the back but did he not want to make too many changes?
I do think the squad is after the last day transfers is a better one but don't think some of the squad are up to speed at the this level yet as a organised team with 3 months of all the players ins and outs.
As people have said, early days for both manager and players. Want to see a turn around of results of course especially with our next game.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:50 - Sep 3 with 712 viewsWhiterockin

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:46 - Sep 3 by RichardO

Duff has been three months but know all the players and how they will perform game by game is a different thing, how many of the pre-season games included Piroe and Ntcham, some of the forwards have only been here a limited time or not fit enough according to Duff.
We have seen him try and not to make too many changes but he has had to play what looks like a very capable player in Keys out of position, let him settle in, at least on the side he is use to playing, because he got turned inside out for one of their goals.
Ashby looks a good player but one who has a lot to learn about Championship football hopefully can adjust in the same way as Guehi who took time to adjust.
Duff has tried at half time to implement little changes to strengthen our positions in games which haven't come off.
He could of put Tjoe-A-On on at half time seeing as we went to, as requested by most of us, four at the back but did he not want to make too many changes?
I do think the squad is after the last day transfers is a better one but don't think some of the squad are up to speed at the this level yet as a organised team with 3 months of all the players ins and outs.
As people have said, early days for both manager and players. Want to see a turn around of results of course especially with our next game.

Good post, I read your posts and know exactly who posted it before checking. Consistent quality.

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:56 - Sep 3 with 692 viewsFireboy2

General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 11:50 - Sep 3 by Whiterockin

Good post, I read your posts and know exactly who posted it before checking. Consistent quality.

Agreed.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:15 - Sep 3 with 665 viewsRichardO

We all have our view point and opinions many times we think we are right, only for events to prove us wrong, football seems to accentuate it all but after all it is only a game, although we wife knoew when I was plaging when my team lost and still has a good idea how the Swans have done just by my 100% readable mood.
General concensus of opinion on transfers this evening? on 12:22 - Sep 3 with 651 viewsmagicdaps10

Give you a idea of our transfers over the summer.

We have no creative/attacking midfielder but yet have 3 left backs in Pedersen, Tymon and Ojo.

We got in 2 players for the future in Mykolo and Ojo....rumoured to have cost between 700k up to 2.8M šŸ˜‚

We bid between 2-3M for Keinan Davis when a week before was heading to Hull for 1M, a bidding war kicked in for the last week and we are prepared as I say to go to 2/3M but ended up with a winger striker in Jamal Lowe on loan for a season, interesting to see that Andre Gray has just become a free agent!

I have always liked the free agent market, it's a useful avenue and I would certainly if I were Duff and Watson be looking down this route for a bit of creativity.

Numbers wise it's been good but it's been unbalanced and clearly not planned and kept to that plan as it should.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024