Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary 15:30 - Oct 14 with 15868 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/67005774

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:03 - Oct 15 with 3616 viewsTVOS1907

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:46 - Oct 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

There's an interview with Bulls GK, Pond..... seems surprised with our shower, says all his saves were pretty routine and he was expected to save. Caddis had also done his homework on us and had us well sussed before hand watching us get dicked at Solihull......did McNulty trip down and watch them.

You're loving this, aren't you?

The draw was made 12 days before the tie. In that time, Hereford played one game, which was away at South Shields last Saturday. McNulty was in the dugout at Maidenhead that afternoon, so when exactly was he supposed to 'trip down' to watch them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:05 - Oct 15 with 3607 viewsTVOS1907

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 10:10 - Oct 15 by samueloneils

Its mostly said above.

Being sat right above the linesman in the 2nd half. I counted 6 occasions when there were 5 or even 6 attackers lined up against the Hereford defensive wall, and yet not once did a midfielder take the chance tp slip a ball through a gap alongside those attackers . They chose every time to play sideways or back.

OK so most of those potential forward passes may have reulted in losing possession , but still in the opponents half. But one would probably have got through. You could see Hendo tearing his hair out for just one bit of boldness.

As above, possession isnt everything. Clayton, East and Gilmour are talented players but they need more ambition.

Jim is wrong- its not just about taking chances, its about creating chances.

Hayes was the one star today, and now EEL is presumably banned for the Oldham game.

EEL was already banned for the Oldham game, as he picked up his fifth yellow card at Maidenhead (wrongly attributed to Oduroh).

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:38 - Oct 15 with 3473 views49thseason

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:03 - Oct 15 by TVOS1907

The draw was made 12 days before the tie. In that time, Hereford played one game, which was away at South Shields last Saturday. McNulty was in the dugout at Maidenhead that afternoon, so when exactly was he supposed to 'trip down' to watch them?

It wouldnt have made any difference, we have one way of playing, no deviation from the plan. The system is set in stone, the players have been hired on their ability to fit into it, training systems are designed to support it, the board and MRKT have endorsed it. The problem is its not working against hard-working sides who are prepared to put defenders behind the ball in numbers ie 90% of the division. Results are now going backwards, the early season Platt Lane fitness advantage has gone, every team is now match fit and capable of doing 100 minutes. Most are bigger and stronger than our team, yes we have some pace but there has to be a finisher and with all respect to Ian Henderson his best years are well behind him, Mitchell isnt a natural finisher and Rodney clearly isnt fit.
I have settled for a lower mid-table finish. This BoD will not spend any more money on anything if they cannot attract an investor. Their overarching ambition is to recoup their money. It seems that a great deal hangs on the emergence of Nevett, if he can be sold for a large fee in cash, we can probably soldier on for another season, my fear is they will accept much less. Next season will see the remaining bigger wages leave and another mass influx of untried loanees and wannabes. The death spiral is still spinning and they have no idea how to stop it.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:39 - Oct 15 with 3473 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:03 - Oct 15 by TVOS1907

Easy tiger......don't get all wound up, I simply asked the question as I don't have the undoubted knowledge you have as to who was where and when. I don't care for that.

My point is Hereford did their homework on us and won.....

"loving it"....I think not. Stay cool.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:48 - Oct 15 with 3440 viewsNorthernDale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 09:33 - Oct 15 by Mass_Debater

How are we better than most teams in the division?

I think most of the teams in the NL are average at best and our squad is a decent squad and as the ability to win most games, but as many posters have highlighted, the style of football Jim prefers is handicapping us. We have shown, that when we attack, we can score and look good, then we revert back to the tippy tappy passing football, which nullifies any attacking football potential and we look poor.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 13:36]
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:50 - Oct 15 with 3437 viewsTVOS1907

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:39 - Oct 15 by Yorkshire_Dale

Easy tiger......don't get all wound up, I simply asked the question as I don't have the undoubted knowledge you have as to who was where and when. I don't care for that.

My point is Hereford did their homework on us and won.....

"loving it"....I think not. Stay cool.

Undoubted knowledge? The 'knowledge' I posted is in the public domain on this thing called the internet. It's not rocket science.

I'm sure Dale had Hereford watched last week, just like we would have had Barnet and Dorking watched before we beat them last month. But that won't fit your narrative, will it?

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 14:51 - Oct 15 with 3148 viewsRAFCBLUE

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:48 - Oct 15 by NorthernDale

I think most of the teams in the NL are average at best and our squad is a decent squad and as the ability to win most games, but as many posters have highlighted, the style of football Jim prefers is handicapping us. We have shown, that when we attack, we can score and look good, then we revert back to the tippy tappy passing football, which nullifies any attacking football potential and we look poor.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2023 13:36]

https://footystats.org/england/national-league

https://fbref.com/en/comps/34/National-League-Stats

https://fbref.com/en/squads/51e48db2/Rochdale-Stats

That point is played out in the statistics so far ND on the links above (some behind a paywall).

Possession is good compared to others; shots on target is not good compared to others.

When the heavy pitches arrive in in the next few weeks the tippy tappy football will start to stick in in the mud.

I'd personally sacrifice -5% possession in every game between now and the end of the season if it means 8+ shots on target.

Maidenhead last week and Hereford yesterday were not 8+ shots on target performances.

And both of those teams are part time.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 16:55 - Oct 15 with 2944 viewsrich_dale

An alternative way to approach the post-match interview:

Login to get fewer ads

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 02:41 - Oct 16 with 2574 viewsSandyman

Goals from midfield have done us proud over the years, Gary Jones the best example that springs to mind.

This season, I recall Gilmour scoring one, East and Clayton 0.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell has scored more (2) than the midfield 3 who have so much possession of the ball. Jimmy K has scored as many on his own (1).

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/rochdale/2023-24/top-scorers.html

We appear to have a shot shy midfield that prefers too much tippy tappy rather than wanting goals.

Over to you Big Jim.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:20 - Oct 16 with 2276 viewsfrenzied

With us having no game on Nov 4th now is it likely another fixture could be moved to that date .?
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 16:20 - Oct 16 with 1940 viewsNorthernDale

I was thinking the same thing. We could move the Altrincham forward from Tuesday 21st November for example.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:08 - Oct 16 with 1853 viewsfrenzied

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 16:20 - Oct 16 by NorthernDale

I was thinking the same thing. We could move the Altrincham forward from Tuesday 21st November for example.

Either home or away..im sure a Sat attendance at either would be higher than the present Tuesday fixtures arranged
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 18:12 - Oct 16 with 1732 viewsDale_4_Life

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 16:20 - Oct 16 by NorthernDale

Now that would make a lot of sense!
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:18 - Oct 16 with 1579 viewsTVOS1907

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 17:08 - Oct 16 by frenzied

Either home or away..im sure a Sat attendance at either would be higher than the present Tuesday fixtures arranged

We're not going to look to move the Altrincham away game when we're scheduled to play them at home only 17 days after 4th November and putting the away match on that date would mean three consecutive Saturday away fixtures!

The home game, yes, but not the away fixture.

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:26 - Oct 16 with 1567 viewsFrog

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 09:33 - Oct 15 by Mass_Debater

How are we better than most teams in the division?

I think we probably are, but the tactics which are being employed are not compatible with this league, as they weren't in the 2 leagues we've just been dumped out of. Plus it's woefully boring and frustrating.
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 22:21 - Oct 16 with 1433 viewsEllDale

I notice that the Hereford keeper has just been picked in the Vanarama Team of the Week so he must have had something to save?
Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 07:52 - Oct 17 with 1252 viewsJames1980

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 20:26 - Oct 16 by Frog

I think we probably are, but the tactics which are being employed are not compatible with this league, as they weren't in the 2 leagues we've just been dumped out of. Plus it's woefully boring and frustrating.

Hasn't a Notts C fan commented on here about them playing possession based football? So it can work in this NL if correctly executed and with the right players.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 11:52 - Oct 17 with 1111 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Hereford match thread - BBC radio commentary on 07:52 - Oct 17 by James1980

Hasn't a Notts C fan commented on here about them playing possession based football? So it can work in this NL if correctly executed and with the right players.

Of course it can, if like you say you have the right players and execute it correctly, we don't however have the right players or the right coaching staff , or more likely both, to execute it.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024