Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham Thread 11:40 - Oct 16 with 28801 viewsChaffRAFC

NO TICKET SALES ON THE DAY - Not seen that posted anywhere other than the "Next at home" article on the Official Site. The correct decision as well.

Rochdale vs Oldham Athletic | Saturday 21st October 2023, Vanarama National League, Crown Oil Arena, 3pm Kick-Off

Dale welcome Oldham Athletic to the Crown Oil Arena later this month.

Following consultation with Greater Manchester Police, we can confirm that there will be no ticket sales on the day of the game.

Supporters will be able to buy tickets online and over the phone until 3pm on Friday 20th October, whilst in-person sales will be available to buy until 5pm.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/october/athome_oldhamathletic_211023/

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Oldham Thread on 16:36 - Oct 21 with 6078 viewsRodingdale

2-4
Oldham Thread on 16:39 - Oct 21 with 6036 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Oldham Thread on 16:36 - Oct 21 by Rodingdale

2-4

Immensely proud of our defence 😠

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Oldham Thread on 16:46 - Oct 21 with 5969 viewsnordenblue

Oldham Thread on 16:39 - Oct 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

God only knows what Max Taylor was thinking of when Norwood strolled past him...
Oldham Thread on 17:47 - Oct 21 with 5403 viewsBarrowdale

Im not convinced we can win again playing like we did in the first half. At one point whilst in possession every player was stood still. It was so slow as to be unreal. Good effort by Odu and Jez second half but defence ( read Taylor) embarassing.
As a final comment Oldham’s fans were the most embarassing set of morons to grace Spotland for years.
Oldham Thread on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 5261 viewsRAFCBLUE

Oldham Thread on 16:39 - Oct 21 by Thacks_Rabbits

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=5

13 goals against in the last six league games; third worse defence in the form league.

1 win in 8 in all competitions

2 home wins in 8 home league games. 8 points at home from 24.

Gateshead next who are currently scoring 2 a game will fancy their chances.

At some point Jim has to accept that the pedestrian style of this is not suited at all to the National League and it needs to change to a more robust style capable of regularly getting results.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Oldham Thread on 18:10 - Oct 21 with 5154 views442Dale

The second illustrated how we look perfectly ok when trying to play the game in the opposition half, going at them and getting the ball into the box.

Defensively is a whole different conversation but when we are direct we cause problems. Could have scored six today, our left back could, and maybe should, have had five.

We’re starting to really suffer now it seems with injuries and it’s now on the board to give clarity to supporters around our financial position and whether we can get in some help. There’s no excuses now, the club have to make it clear where we stand.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 18:18]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham Thread on 18:22 - Oct 21 with 5024 viewsrichfoad32

Oldham Thread on 17:47 - Oct 21 by Barrowdale

Im not convinced we can win again playing like we did in the first half. At one point whilst in possession every player was stood still. It was so slow as to be unreal. Good effort by Odu and Jez second half but defence ( read Taylor) embarassing.
As a final comment Oldham’s fans were the most embarassing set of morons to grace Spotland for years.

I thought Oduroh was poor to be honest, like the Chesterfield game he seemed to be a bit intimidated playing in front of a large away following. Jez was class though, he definitely seems to play better as an impact sub but whether we'll have that luxury with Sinclair possibly facing some time on the sidelines remains to be seen. Clayton was off it today but Hendo did well orchestrating things in the middle. and I've defended Mitchell on here but fortuitous goal aside, he carried no threat. Shame we had to wait until going 2 down to start playing and it's a good sign we didn't let our heads drop. Oldham were really no great shakes, just that little bit more streetwise.
Oldham Thread on 18:28 - Oct 21 with 4965 viewsdawlishdale

Oldham Thread on 18:10 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

The second illustrated how we look perfectly ok when trying to play the game in the opposition half, going at them and getting the ball into the box.

Defensively is a whole different conversation but when we are direct we cause problems. Could have scored six today, our left back could, and maybe should, have had five.

We’re starting to really suffer now it seems with injuries and it’s now on the board to give clarity to supporters around our financial position and whether we can get in some help. There’s no excuses now, the club have to make it clear where we stand.

Another home defeat.. yet more poor defending and sadly, yet more awful tactics from a coach who is too defensive. Its madness trying to play like we did in the first half. Jim needs to rip up the international coaching manual and concentrate on doing the basics right.

Yes, the Board need to start communicating with the fans, and not in a patronising manner. I'm still mad with them for the complete turnaround from us being a fan owned club to one up for sale..to the detriment of supporters who bought shares but didn't get invited onto the top table.

The revelation that someone;presumably a Director, signed up for a 3 year fixed energy deal when prices were at their highest is shockingly naive bordering on sheer incompetence.

Any positives?

We actually do scare teams when we go for goals

We will never be as disgusting as the BIFFO hoardes. As bad a set of scumbags as FCUM were.

Gateshead will be licking their lips in anticipation of attacking us .
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham Thread on 18:28 - Oct 21 with 4960 viewsD_Alien

We started to play once Sinclair and Clayton were replaced by Hendo and Jez, though of course we had little choice at 0-2 down. Sinclair was our only threat first half but Mellon had a hatchet job done on him early doors in the second half - it very nearly backfired, but a lesson in the harsh realities of football management for JM by a former colleague

At least it wasn't another Halifax, and i guess we got our money's worth but the bottom line is a defeat and the slide continues

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham Thread on 18:32 - Oct 21 with 4906 viewsDalenet

Oldham Thread on 18:10 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

That was a ÂŁ100k game today. We had an extra 1300 home fans who must have been wondering why they bothered at half time. But I doubt many will be back and there are probably only two games in the rest of the season where we might get a decent 500 away fans. But will it count...have we drawn the directors funds down yet? If we have, I doubt we'll be signing anybody any time soon. Besides which, the Chairman thinks we are playing attractive football so he won't see the need to strengthen. But we are in free fall playing walking football.
Oldham Thread on 18:37 - Oct 21 with 4861 viewsEdindale

Oldham Thread on 18:02 - Oct 21 by RAFCBLUE

https://thefishy.co.uk/formtable.php?table=5

13 goals against in the last six league games; third worse defence in the form league.

1 win in 8 in all competitions

2 home wins in 8 home league games. 8 points at home from 24.

Gateshead next who are currently scoring 2 a game will fancy their chances.

At some point Jim has to accept that the pedestrian style of this is not suited at all to the National League and it needs to change to a more robust style capable of regularly getting results.

Depressing statistics - something needs to change and quickly. The pressure is well and truly on the manager now given that his philosophy is not producing results.

The squad is depleting and he does not seem to trust some of his loan signings to start games.

It sounded like we created a good few chances to-day. Maybe play Keohane in a more advanced role?
Oldham Thread on 19:10 - Oct 21 with 4556 viewsNorthernDale

Until we made the subs, we were poor, we lacked any sense of structure and I am fed up with the passing between the defenders and keeper, like it was a training session. In the first half, it nearly cost us a goal, but we continued to pass backwards, combine this with some of the most inept defending, what do they do in training? I like Jim, and I want him to succeed, but I am beginning to wonder, if he is right man, he seems to lack any urgency or plan. But as somebody as stated, the board thing his preferred style of football is great, despite two relegation's in recent years playing that style of football. I hope Jim
can look into his heart and realise, pedestrian possession football is not working and change.

I will however say, Keohane deserved the M.o.M, he was prepared to shoot and get forward, and I will praise the attacking attitude in the second half from the Dale.
Oldham Thread on 19:30 - Oct 21 with 4405 viewsSuddenLad

Today showed as clear as daylight, that when we play with intensity, at pace and take the game to the opposition, we cause problems and score goals. We handed the initiative to Oldham too many times, we were sloppy at the back and some players were way off the levels required - most notably Clayton, but he's given his all up to now.

After today, this squad will be down to the bare bones. It wouldn't surprise me if Sinclair hasn't broken a bone in his foot. A shocking, needless challenge from the Oldham player. Ferguson clearly won't be ready for Tuesday with a groin strain.

Jim is doing his best with what he has, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He needs help and some recruits, by whatever means possible.

At our best, firing on all cylinders, with intensity, we are as good as anyone in this league as the Barnet game showed and as evidenced in spells in other games. Get consistency and everyone fit, we are a decent side. We have too few resources to call on. That's the major problem that Jim has to contend with and until we can recruit,we will struggle.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Thread on 19:37 - Oct 21 with 4340 views442Dale

The news on Rodney doesn’t sound good. Deeply depressing to hear about what Oduroh had to endure.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham Thread on 19:50 - Oct 21 with 4211 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Oldham Thread on 13:58 - Oct 17 by 49thseason

Seems like some Biffos have had their tickets withdrawn because they were in amongst the Dale fans ....and no refund. OD,HS,NM.

But not the ones who were with an Ex Employee of the club, which lead to the trouble in the Pearl St end.

Spoke to one steward at half time who obviously didn’t have a clue what I was saying.

Then a more senior steward who said ‘I’m an Oldham fan and I know the ex employee. He said that he will get the cameras on that area in the second half.

When they scored their second goal, most of that row jumped up, I tried to shout the steward and draw the attention of the people supposedly watching the camera.

When the third went in and an incident occurred, after surrounding fans attempting to call the stewards, the senior steward went to the ex employee and said, they can’t stay here!

Today reminded me of the Wrexham game in the 80’s.

Very sad.

On the match, for a defender to be manager and defend as we do is ridiculous.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Oldham Thread on 20:14 - Oct 21 with 4030 viewsnordenblue

Oldham Thread on 19:30 - Oct 21 by SuddenLad

Today showed as clear as daylight, that when we play with intensity, at pace and take the game to the opposition, we cause problems and score goals. We handed the initiative to Oldham too many times, we were sloppy at the back and some players were way off the levels required - most notably Clayton, but he's given his all up to now.

After today, this squad will be down to the bare bones. It wouldn't surprise me if Sinclair hasn't broken a bone in his foot. A shocking, needless challenge from the Oldham player. Ferguson clearly won't be ready for Tuesday with a groin strain.

Jim is doing his best with what he has, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. He needs help and some recruits, by whatever means possible.

At our best, firing on all cylinders, with intensity, we are as good as anyone in this league as the Barnet game showed and as evidenced in spells in other games. Get consistency and everyone fit, we are a decent side. We have too few resources to call on. That's the major problem that Jim has to contend with and until we can recruit,we will struggle.

I'm not sure Jim is doing his best with anything at the minute, he's certainly not getting the best out of that bunch of players, it's painful to watch and until we have little to no other alternative and chasing the game we play the game little above walking speed.
Oldham Thread on 20:15 - Oct 21 with 4033 viewsTrev

Fair play to Oldham for holding us at bay for 18 mins of injury time. If it was the other way round you could be sure we wouldn't have the mental strength to do so.
Oldham Thread on 20:15 - Oct 21 with 4031 viewsEllDale

Dear me, that interview was a bit depressing in parts.
I actually thought that Dale were worth a point today.
The problem was that it was only when they were two goals down and changing personnel after three injuries that they became a bit more gung-ho.
But you can’t continue to give away silly goals.
Oldham’s first came when they shot downfield after Clayton’s shot hit the wall.
I’m reluctant to criticise Moulden but could he have done better with the header for the second goal?
And as for the fourth…..
We already suspected that Taylor isn’t equipped for this style of football, EEL was a massive miss today.
But, despite all that, SAJ could have four or five on his own. There were other chances as well.
Oldham were run ragged by Jez. He offers more sometimes than Sinclair who was crowded out when he tried to cut in from the right. The latter is now getting kicked all over the place as well with little or no protection.
The point still remains though that teams have done their homework.
Oldham were never going to let East and and Clayton settle on the ball in their own half. Mellon has some hard work to do if they’re going to get promotion.
As for their fans, why do we let people stand right up to the perimeter wall in the Willbutts Stand.
If they were all in a seat then it’s a lot harder to access the pitch.
Thanks for the £60k though, much needed although BJ seemed to think that it won’t lead to new faces.
God knows who will be on the bench on Tuesday against a team who are bang in form and who had the day off today.
Oldham Thread on 07:46 - Oct 22 with 2897 viewsNorthernDale

I think is best, when he comes on as a sub, because he seems to struggle for 90 minutes, which is a pity, because he can turn defenders inside out. Keohane is more difficult, do you play at left back or as a attacking midfielder, a couple of seasons ago, he scored a fair number of goals from midfield.

EEL will be back on Tuesday, but Ferguson looks like he could out for a few weeks and Sinclair injury looked bad, and Rodney's news seems serious and as McNulty indicated he could be out all season. The problem is that we are running the club on a tight budget, so McNulty indicated we cannot sign anyone at the moment and if we sign on loan, McNulty indicated some clubs will not let players out on loan and if they do, they impose conditions. Also, it could be a month, before John could return, the one positive is that we showed McNulty that by attacking we can score goals.

Will the NL take action against Oldham, their fans invaded the pitch on numerous occasions yesterday and did the same at Chesterfield, and apparently they are going to be reported for racially abusing one of our players.
Oldham Thread on 08:25 - Oct 22 with 2807 viewsRodingdale

Oldham Thread on 19:37 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

The news on Rodney doesn’t sound good. Deeply depressing to hear about what Oduroh had to endure.

A good interview. McNulty is likeable and genuine a bloke as we could wish for. It’s clear he’s juggling a lot of things around the playing personnel. What he said about DR sounded quite serious and you wonder why he’s anywhere near a football pitch until he gets that properly signed off. I wish him well. When probed we got some more around the injury’s and racial abuse, which needs to be reported and in my view the club should be making a statement that racial abuse has no place at RAFC, though they may be in something of a bind given their stance on the outcome of the groundsman’s disciplinary case.

He’s clearly on party line with resources, “the board have done all they can”. Which is understandable- his smile when the question was being asked was telling. He’s obviously been told.

The bit we didn’t get though was how we performed on the pitch, apart from battling and mistakes costing us; can we please have someone press him on one win from eight games. Clearly the pedestrian style is not working. It’s absolutely obvious the style of play doesn’t work he needs to be directly questioned on it, instead of - “well Jim it’s been a difficult afternoon” type questions.
Oldham Thread on 09:49 - Oct 22 with 2547 viewsRAFCBLUE

Oldham Thread on 08:25 - Oct 22 by Rodingdale

A good interview. McNulty is likeable and genuine a bloke as we could wish for. It’s clear he’s juggling a lot of things around the playing personnel. What he said about DR sounded quite serious and you wonder why he’s anywhere near a football pitch until he gets that properly signed off. I wish him well. When probed we got some more around the injury’s and racial abuse, which needs to be reported and in my view the club should be making a statement that racial abuse has no place at RAFC, though they may be in something of a bind given their stance on the outcome of the groundsman’s disciplinary case.

He’s clearly on party line with resources, “the board have done all they can”. Which is understandable- his smile when the question was being asked was telling. He’s obviously been told.

The bit we didn’t get though was how we performed on the pitch, apart from battling and mistakes costing us; can we please have someone press him on one win from eight games. Clearly the pedestrian style is not working. It’s absolutely obvious the style of play doesn’t work he needs to be directly questioned on it, instead of - “well Jim it’s been a difficult afternoon” type questions.

It’s about time we considered coming off the pitch when there are such significant incidents involving racial abuse against our players.

There’s absolutely no reason for it, the FA rules are clear on it and if we come off once then it will set a tone that we are not going to have it done to our players.

There’s the obvious PR point it makes but when McNulty has to spend his time talking about it rather than 1 win in 8, clearly it’s an unnecessary distraction.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Oldham Thread on 09:59 - Oct 22 with 2463 viewsNorthernDale

To be fair, a number of fans on their forum are condemning the behaviour of their fans and apparently it was chaos after the game, with the Oldham fans suggesting that the police control of the crowd was poor during and after the game, and some of our own mentally deficient idiots looking for trouble did not help the situation.

Even Chesterfield fans are slagging off Oldham fans and the behaviour of the Oldham players.
Oldham Thread on 10:10 - Oct 22 with 2417 viewsDalenet

Oldham Thread on 07:46 - Oct 22 by NorthernDale

I think is best, when he comes on as a sub, because he seems to struggle for 90 minutes, which is a pity, because he can turn defenders inside out. Keohane is more difficult, do you play at left back or as a attacking midfielder, a couple of seasons ago, he scored a fair number of goals from midfield.

EEL will be back on Tuesday, but Ferguson looks like he could out for a few weeks and Sinclair injury looked bad, and Rodney's news seems serious and as McNulty indicated he could be out all season. The problem is that we are running the club on a tight budget, so McNulty indicated we cannot sign anyone at the moment and if we sign on loan, McNulty indicated some clubs will not let players out on loan and if they do, they impose conditions. Also, it could be a month, before John could return, the one positive is that we showed McNulty that by attacking we can score goals.

Will the NL take action against Oldham, their fans invaded the pitch on numerous occasions yesterday and did the same at Chesterfield, and apparently they are going to be reported for racially abusing one of our players.

Just reflecting the morning after. Another Dale game where two halves were poles apart. Most clubs in this league are challenged with budgets and most squads are no bigger than ours. We have injuries and suspensions to cope with - we aren't the only ones. We will have to suck it up and bring some of the youth team in as back up. But the first half performance was driven by our style of play and not by our injuries. It isn't working Jim and if we want any of the 1300 or so extra home fans from yesterday to return (so that you have cash to spend) then we need to play attacking football like we did against Barnet or in the second half yesterday.

As for Owdum and the significant minority that can't behave as we see everytime they come here. They are the one club where you wish we had cages to pen them in. They have form and the mass police presence in riot gear doesn't make it an appealing fixture. We bring it on ourselves by not making fans sit in an allocated seat. If we have to play them again I hope both clubs learn from this. Only sell to their season ticket holders, use allocated seats, and fence off the bottom two rows. At least trouble makers can be identified by the seats they were allocated. Invading the pitch 3 or 4 times was rewarded with 18 minutes of added time - Karma should have rewarded us there. We could have sold them another 500 seats had we been more focussed - it can't be allowed to happen like this again. And the racist has to be identified and shamed.
Oldham Thread on 10:55 - Oct 22 with 2227 viewsSuddenLad

There were some Oldham fans in the block in front of the home Directors box. They were identified to a steward who was directly beside them in the tunnel area. She completely ignored the Dale fans who were pointing them out and carried on chewing her gum and looking around her like a dormant clown. She had no kind of communication equipment to contact anyone else, and she may as well have been at home, for all the use she was.

Eventually, the senior female steward arrived, they were pointed out to her, and were quickly and effectively removed, with assistance, displaying the usual variety of hand gestures as they departed.

Why on earth a steward in such a key location within the ground should not be able to communicate with any of her colleagues is a mystery and it shouldn't be allowed to happen again. Whoever that steward was (badge number 066) needs a reminder as to why she is there in the first place and to pay attention to people who are baying at her to do her job.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Oldham Thread on 11:02 - Oct 22 with 2189 viewsBillyRudd

Its style over substance Jim, AND IT IS,NT WORKING!!!!!!
The players must love you and your philosophy. It means, with one or two exceptions they can fulfil their contracts without breaking into a sweat. Everyone can see it (including opposing managers) except the people running the club.

Imagining our opponents team talk is,nt difficult. "From the kick off let them do their Man City impression, let them feel good about themselves while we settle in. After awhile start pressing them, get some crosses into the box and we will be one up from poor defending. They will then wake up and we must be prepared to defend but don,t worry they won,t shoot unless they can see the whites of our goalkeepers eyes" .

I think our squad is capable but we play in a straightjacket of our own making.
Carry on in this vain and we will soon be flirting with relegation again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024