Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham team news 19:27 - Nov 2 with 12365 viewsderbyhoop

Steve Cook likely to be involved. Dunne back from suspension. So we'll have 2 recognised CBs.
Dozzell & Colback both suspended but Marti says it gives others opportunities. Could that include Willock? Plenty of fans creaming themselves about that, despite the impression that he either doesn't trust his hamstrings, can't be bothered, or both.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Rotherham team news on 22:09 - Nov 2 with 2479 viewshoopedmonkey

Rotherham team news on 21:53 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

He's not huge or built really, none of this is a criticism though. More a point that he's not the physically dominant type but easily has the raw technical skills that Cifuentes might want to work with. I hope he does, always impresses me

I think he has stood out in the u21/development team for a couple of seasons now along with ED-B last season (more so than SD-M), and this season has added the goals from midfield runs into the box which ED-B showed last season
Rotherham team news on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 2457 viewsB_Wad

Not that I know anything but I've been fantasizing about a formation like this

Begovich

Kakay Cook Dunne Paal

Cannon Field Smyth/Larkeche

Willock Dykes Chair

Would like to see Cannon get an opportunity in more of an advanced role and what Smyth might do on the left side, although if Willock isn't a go, then swap Smyth there and maybe have Larkeche in the midfield.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2023 22:18]
Rotherham team news on 22:31 - Nov 2 with 2378 viewscolinallcars

It seems we're all including Willock in a potential team.
I think that, above all else will give us a clue to GA's relations with the squad.
If they all suddenly start to play as if their lives depended on it, obviously I'd be delighted in terms of getting out of trouble but uneasy that they'd basically go on strike because they didn't like the manager - or at least his tactics.
They are paid to do a job.
Rotherham team news on 22:35 - Nov 2 with 2368 viewsessextaxiboy

Rotherham team news on 21:49 - Nov 2 by Hastings_Hoops

Get a sneaky 12th man in there… clever

Dixon - Bonner ...sorted
Rotherham team news on 22:56 - Nov 2 with 2306 viewsbenhurst

I do quite like the idea of Paal playing in midfield whilst we've only got one available senior CM, he does play there for Suriname and I believe he had done so before he joined us. Whether it'd work here is another question but the XI for me would be:

Begovic
Cannon Cook Dunne Larkeche
Chair Field Paal
Smyth Dykes Willock
Rotherham team news on 00:01 - Nov 3 with 2192 viewsOakR

I would love to see Kolli upfront, I think he's better in the air than Dykes, and better with his feet - I'd love to see him get a full game with Chair and Willock behind him. I do have no idea who we should play in midfield alongside Field defensively though but will go with this:

Begovic
Cannon Kakay Cook Dunne Paal
Dixon-Bonner Field Willock
Kolli Chair

I think he might go 3 or 5 at the back as we are low in midfield.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Rotherham team news on 01:11 - Nov 3 with 2118 viewsDejR_vu

Rotherham team news on 21:06 - Nov 2 by aston_hoop

On that basis, I wonder if Alex Aoraha is a name that comes into contention. Always looks very good for the dev squad, is a good technical central midfielder. Small and lightweight of course, but then that doesnt seem to stop him. Plus Cifuentes has talked up youth. Would offer far more at the base of a midfield than Kakay or SDM. I'll reserve judgement on EDB though, haven't seen enough of him

Agree on Aoraha. He seems to be one of the Development Squad who seems to have been overlooked somewhat, but was never going to get a look-in under Ainsworth. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him more involved.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Rotherham team news on 01:13 - Nov 3 with 2118 viewsNorthernr

Jake Clarke-Salter - injured
Grant Hall - injured

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham team news on 01:26 - Nov 3 with 2096 viewsDannyPaddox

Jordan Hugill … fit
Rotherham team news on 02:59 - Nov 3 with 2021 viewsHooparoo

Rotherham team news on 01:26 - Nov 3 by DannyPaddox

Jordan Hugill … fit

🤣

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Rotherham team news on 03:02 - Nov 3 with 2015 viewsHooparoo

Being short doesn’t seem to bother Chair too much so why would it bother Alex Aoraha? By that logic we wouldn’t play Messi or Maradona either. Sorry amigo, you’re not tall enough

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Rotherham team news on 03:08 - Nov 3 with 2009 viewsjohnhoop

Rotherham team news on 03:02 - Nov 3 by Hooparoo

Being short doesn’t seem to bother Chair too much so why would it bother Alex Aoraha? By that logic we wouldn’t play Messi or Maradona either. Sorry amigo, you’re not tall enough

I take your point but despite being small Maradona was built like a brick sh——house and at his peak Messi was so skilful that opposition players could barely get close enough to take him out.
Rotherham team news on 06:48 - Nov 3 with 1878 viewsdmm

According to Wikipedia, Aoraha is 5' 10", the same height as Dozzell. He's never looked too small when I've seen him play.

I'd love to see Aoraha brought into the first team squad. Together with Bala and Talla, they're the ones who seem to have the greatest potential to progress.
Rotherham team news on 06:56 - Nov 3 with 1864 viewsngbqpr

Iniesta & Scholes more valid comparisons for AA's position.

Caveat - I am NOT for a second suggesting AA is the next Scholes / Iniesta...tho is fans on The Socials have high hopes...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Rotherham team news on 07:08 - Nov 3 with 1848 viewsdavman

Back 4 with Cook and Dunne? *Shudder*.

The lack of pace would be a killer alongside the fact that this lot cannot defend without safety in numbers.

Marti will not have changed much this week, so I still think tomorrow will be about how bad Rotherham will be and whether we can be sufficiently less bad to get point(s).

It is going to take time and a minor miracle with this squad...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rotherham team news on 08:02 - Nov 3 with 1739 viewstraininvain

Rotherham team news on 07:08 - Nov 3 by davman

The lack of pace would be a killer alongside the fact that this lot cannot defend without safety in numbers.

Marti will not have changed much this week, so I still think tomorrow will be about how bad Rotherham will be and whether we can be sufficiently less bad to get point(s).

Glad I’m not the only one who’s concerned by our centre backs. I wouldn’t have Dunne near the first team if we had other available options but looks like we don’t.

He’s consistently been part of a defence that ships goals over the past couple of years and it’s no coincidence that his return to the first team coincided with some of our worst defensive performances of the season before looking more solid in his absence vs Leicester.

But I guess that circumstances will dictate that he has to start tomorrow.
Rotherham team news on 08:45 - Nov 3 with 1642 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rotherham team news on 03:02 - Nov 3 by Hooparoo

Don't get me wrong, Messi and Maradona would be great additions to the squad. However, I just can't see even the 86 vintage Maradona getting the nod over an inform Chair.

Now the new muchahco might have other ideas, but it would be utter madness under the Cuban heeled one to unsettle a losing side.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rotherham team news on 08:55 - Nov 3 with 1607 viewswombat

Rotherham team news on 01:13 - Nov 3 by Northernr

Grant Hall - injured

Any idea where joel lynch is these days ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Rotherham team news on 09:40 - Nov 3 with 1519 viewsdaveB

Rotherham team news on 22:31 - Nov 2 by colinallcars

It seems we're all including Willock in a potential team.
I think that, above all else will give us a clue to GA's relations with the squad.
If they all suddenly start to play as if their lives depended on it, obviously I'd be delighted in terms of getting out of trouble but uneasy that they'd basically go on strike because they didn't like the manager - or at least his tactics.
They are paid to do a job.

I don't think effort was a problem under Ainsworth, they were putting in great blocks in games, working hard and showing effort, part of the problem was we hardly ever had the ball so spent 70% of the game defending and clearing our lines. A balance between the culture and work rate Ainsworth wanted and some sort of style of play will be of great benefit to us

Willock has got so much stick in the last year but 2 managers in a row have basically just not picked him as he couldnt play the style of football they wanted
Rotherham team news on 09:50 - Nov 3 with 1502 viewsLongRanger

I'll be surprised if he makes more changes than he needs to, he's had 2 days to work with them, I don't think we can expect more than being better organised. Also like EDB, he's just looked lost under GA in my opinion, but most young ball playing midfielders would have.
Rotherham team news on 09:51 - Nov 3 with 1501 viewsterryb

Rotherham team news on 07:08 - Nov 3 by davman

I understand this & I'm far from being a Dunne fan, but he should relish a physical battle with Hugill & he can probably match him for pace.

If he can't achieve both/either of those, he has no role to play in the team.
Rotherham team news on 09:52 - Nov 3 with 1496 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rotherham team news on 09:40 - Nov 3 by daveB

I don't think effort was a problem under Ainsworth, they were putting in great blocks in games, working hard and showing effort, part of the problem was we hardly ever had the ball so spent 70% of the game defending and clearing our lines. A balance between the culture and work rate Ainsworth wanted and some sort of style of play will be of great benefit to us

Willock has got so much stick in the last year but 2 managers in a row have basically just not picked him as he couldnt play the style of football they wanted

He didn’t perform at all though when given a chance? Has he had an even half-decent game since his injury over a year ago? Maybe he has but I’m honestly struggling to remember it. FWIW I’d like to see him given a fresh start in the Marti revolution with Chair and Smyth behind the striker but I’m not optimistic.

Surprised people rate Dixon-Bonner. Nothing against the kid but I’ve not seen it yet.
Rotherham team news on 09:54 - Nov 3 with 1488 viewsTheChef

Rotherham team news on 08:55 - Nov 3 by wombat

Any idea where joel lynch is these days ?

Dubai Rovers?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rotherham team news on 10:13 - Nov 3 with 1410 viewsCamberleyR

Rotherham team news on 01:13 - Nov 3 by Northernr

Grant Hall - injured

I'm taking a punt on just after Burns' night when he's gracing us with his presence again...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rotherham team news on 10:14 - Nov 3 with 1404 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham team news on 10:13 - Nov 3 by CamberleyR

I'm taking a punt on just after Burns' night when he's gracing us with his presence again...

Which year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024