Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. 13:17 - Nov 27 with 21109 viewsdale1968

Dont know what to make of this...
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=3462718963874334&set=gm.7106120186115888

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:28 - Nov 27 with 3183 viewsEllDale

Whatever the reason the fact remains that someone was pretty quick to contact O’Rourke.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:31 - Nov 27 with 3164 viewswozzrafc

If this is just payroll admin then why don’t the club just come out and say so. The last thing a business wants are rumours they are struggling to pay the bills. Before you know it you suppliers want paying up front!!!

There may be more to it if romours are to be believed. Either way this needs putting to bed quickly
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:36 - Nov 27 with 3104 viewsTalkingSutty

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:28 - Nov 27 by EllDale

Whatever the reason the fact remains that someone was pretty quick to contact O’Rourke.

We have hundreds of shareholders, why have they not been informed, at a time when we have a Trust Director? The fans and shareholders have been treated like mugs for too long now. The Chairman is in the wrong job, he just doesn't get it. If we do get new investors then let's hope we have some proper leadership.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 18:39]
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:50 - Nov 27 with 2977 viewsJumeirahDale

Gulp.

I believe a takeover is imminent. No idea how, or to who, but something is coming, I can smell it like a bovril fart in the Sandy.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:51 - Nov 27 with 2969 viewsNorthernDale

I do wonder at times, if somebody are sh*t stirring with an hidden agenda.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:55 - Nov 27 with 2932 viewsBrierls

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:22 - Nov 27 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good thinking 49er, but as everyone on this thread seems to agree, we are all just guessing and hoping things are not as bad as eluded too.

Clarity please,RAFC......is Stacey working from home?

Stacey is just a fan who has responded on Twitter. How difficult is that to grasp?!
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:59 - Nov 27 with 2886 viewsTalkingSutty

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 18:51 - Nov 27 by NorthernDale

I do wonder at times, if somebody are sh*t stirring with an hidden agenda.

Well maybe they are but this is a fan owned club with about 500 shareholders, we arent the bloody enemy. Don't bleat about the fans not embracing money making initiatives when you treat them like something you've picked up on the bottom your shoe. If we do end up with new investors then let's pray that the have enough savvy to have people at the top who can engage the fan base because the last 18 months has been a car crash with a Chairman who has no connection with the fan base whatsoever. Does he even have a proper connection with his own Directors? If the priority is to engage the fan base then change the Chairman.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 19:32]
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 19:00 - Nov 27 with 2874 viewsBrierls

Perhaps the club/board are busy dealing with the 'imminent' takeover?

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather they focussed on the immediate future (and hopefully sound communication when it happens) than put out a half-baked statement which will only cause others to question anyway.

Let's see what this week brings. If it's decent investment/a takeover that secures the competitive future of the club, and payment of wages, then it won't have been a bad week.
Login to get fewer ads

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 19:12 - Nov 27 with 2788 viewsJames1980

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 17:38 - Nov 27 by Dale_4_Life

That reads that the payroll has changed from the 25th to the 30th.

Inconvenient YES but why pay 25% just 5 days earlier.

If RAFC have paid the 25% to help out thats all well and good I just cant imagine many would be inconvenienced much by waiting 5 days to a new pay date.

Clarity is required, this is horrendous (the uncertainty).

It also insinuates this was made public or at least the relevant parties had been made aware.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 19:15]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 19:17 - Nov 27 with 2763 viewsnordenblue

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 17:38 - Nov 27 by mikehunt

God I hope Stacey is correct. Then sue O’Rourke for putting out half a tale. If our side of events is true let’s see if he corrects his story as quickly as he put it out.

All the best trying to get a prosecution for that...he has put out a rumour he has heard based on the only facts that have come out, he's hardly shit stirring.

The club could and more the to the point Should have let the news out of its possibleto do so as yet, again expecting them to communicate anything is clearly asking too much, an absolute shit show, but sadly very much expected
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 19:19]
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 20:02 - Nov 27 with 2531 viewssurb_dale

Find it hard to believe the club would fork out for an overnight trip for Dagenham if they were struggling to pay this months wages. So the payroll thing sounds more believable to me.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 2435 views49thseason

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 19:17 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

All the best trying to get a prosecution for that...he has put out a rumour he has heard based on the only facts that have come out, he's hardly shit stirring.

The club could and more the to the point Should have let the news out of its possibleto do so as yet, again expecting them to communicate anything is clearly asking too much, an absolute shit show, but sadly very much expected
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 19:19]

The Board will be under NDAs, we don't know how wide reaching they are in respect of making public statements regarding finances etc. I have no doubt they will be being extremely careful about what they can say and to whom. There is serious money involved and for some Directors, buying the MH shares may have put them under financial stress they never envisioned when they became Directors. There is no one at fault for the situation we are in other than Bottomley and his gang of idiots, BBM, MH and Covid. Apportioning blame to people with £100 of thousands on the line is just poor form especially at this stage in the proceedings. They may not be the Perfect BOD but they were the ones who accepted the challenge and put their money on the line when there wasn't exactly a queue lining up for their jobs.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 2432 viewsJames1980

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 20:02 - Nov 27 by surb_dale

Find it hard to believe the club would fork out for an overnight trip for Dagenham if they were struggling to pay this months wages. So the payroll thing sounds more believable to me.

Wouldn't the accommodation have been booked and paid for in advance.

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 21:11 - Nov 27 with 2156 viewsEllGazzell

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 20:17 - Nov 27 by 49thseason

The Board will be under NDAs, we don't know how wide reaching they are in respect of making public statements regarding finances etc. I have no doubt they will be being extremely careful about what they can say and to whom. There is serious money involved and for some Directors, buying the MH shares may have put them under financial stress they never envisioned when they became Directors. There is no one at fault for the situation we are in other than Bottomley and his gang of idiots, BBM, MH and Covid. Apportioning blame to people with £100 of thousands on the line is just poor form especially at this stage in the proceedings. They may not be the Perfect BOD but they were the ones who accepted the challenge and put their money on the line when there wasn't exactly a queue lining up for their jobs.

hear! hear!

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 21:25 - Nov 27 with 2058 viewsJames1980

If we were listed what sort of effect would O'Rourke's tweet have had on our share price? If this is an accounting adjustment and there is nothing to worry about great. However if that is the case and an NDA proscribes the club from putting out a simple statement explaining the staff and players wages will be paid and that they are disappointed the club weren't approached to clarify the situation before Pete's tweet. It makes me feel a tad uncomfortable.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 21:29]

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 21:44 - Nov 27 with 1954 viewsBrierls

Very well said.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:31 - Nov 27 with 1753 viewsDalenet

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 15:15 - Nov 27 by A_Newby

From the trust's update to members.

"Could the loan from S.Gauge / R.Knight be sold to any potential new owners to give them control of the ground?

No, as the loan has not been taken.

Has that loan been acted on yet?

No, as The National League did not grant permission for it to be taken on a secured basis (despite other clubs within The National League entering into secured loans as recently as September 2023)."

It looks like the NL will allow the directors to loan money to the club but only as an unsecured loan.

And at the Trust AGM we were told that just because the directors couldn't lend the money via a secured route, it doesn't mean they are not lending it unsecured. I interpreted that to mean that Simon et al were still putting money in to keep us going before any transaction is done. But that can't be sustainable for any length of time.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:32 - Nov 27 with 1744 viewsRodingdale

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 21:25 - Nov 27 by James1980

If we were listed what sort of effect would O'Rourke's tweet have had on our share price? If this is an accounting adjustment and there is nothing to worry about great. However if that is the case and an NDA proscribes the club from putting out a simple statement explaining the staff and players wages will be paid and that they are disappointed the club weren't approached to clarify the situation before Pete's tweet. It makes me feel a tad uncomfortable.

I agree with James here, the club is the vendor and we dictate the terms in the NDA. The PO’R comms are harmful to the club and need swift rebuttal. The usual silence from Gauge is not in the interests of the club or its fans. If it is then frankly it better be a bloody good reason. The fear I have it’s only in the interests of Gauge; but the glimmer of light is he was at Dagenham on Saturday for one reason or another….
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:40 - Nov 27 with 1703 viewsBrierls

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:32 - Nov 27 by Rodingdale

I agree with James here, the club is the vendor and we dictate the terms in the NDA. The PO’R comms are harmful to the club and need swift rebuttal. The usual silence from Gauge is not in the interests of the club or its fans. If it is then frankly it better be a bloody good reason. The fear I have it’s only in the interests of Gauge; but the glimmer of light is he was at Dagenham on Saturday for one reason or another….

If the investment/takeover goes through, I hope we see how much is “only in the interest of Gauge”.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:47 - Nov 27 with 1661 viewsnordenblue

While I totally agree with what you're saying, maybe if when given the opportunity to provide fans,shareholders etc with information they should have made available countless times previously, they would have been cut far more slack regarding information that's clearly confidential with a possible imminent takeover.

Their obsession with solely getting shut of their shares has been done clearly to the detriment of literally every single other aspect of the club, sadly its clearly filtered its way onto the pitch too more than it should have done.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:51 - Nov 27 with 1645 viewsRodingdale

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:40 - Nov 27 by Brierls

If the investment/takeover goes through, I hope we see how much is “only in the interest of Gauge”.

I’ve a sense there are those in the know and the rest of us.

I’m offline at the moment and not watching but if Sky pick this up it draws our reported mismanagement to the attention of a much great audience. Not sure the PO’R tweet can be considered anything other than not good.

We are approaching the anniversary of Gauge unexpectedly announcing a move away from fan owned. I’ve been suspicious since, he’s done nothing to change my mind since, so if you don’t mind I’ll continue to be sceptical until he’s proved me wrong. As I said it better be good.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:56 - Nov 27 with 1627 viewsJames1980

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 22:47 - Nov 27 by nordenblue

While I totally agree with what you're saying, maybe if when given the opportunity to provide fans,shareholders etc with information they should have made available countless times previously, they would have been cut far more slack regarding information that's clearly confidential with a possible imminent takeover.

Their obsession with solely getting shut of their shares has been done clearly to the detriment of literally every single other aspect of the club, sadly its clearly filtered its way onto the pitch too more than it should have done.

If a rebuttal to PO'R'S tweet contravenes an NDA then wouldn't the leaked info also constitute a breach of the same NDA? If club employees have been told their pay for this cycle is being staggered and they will receive their full wage by the end of the month, then it would not be of interest for someone in the club to leak the information to a journalist. I believe the quote attributed to Cicero translates to 'To whom does this benefit'
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 22:57]

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 23:15 - Nov 27 with 1567 views49thseason

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 21:25 - Nov 27 by James1980

There are one-way and two-way NDA's, its a safe bet this will be a two-way as the potential buyers will want it kept as quiet as possible to try to prevent others stepping in, and to keep their financial and other details out of the public gaze. The club will not want to publicise what is happening or who with because they will not want to upset the buyers.
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 23:23 - Nov 27 with 1547 viewsnordenblue

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 23:15 - Nov 27 by 49thseason

There are one-way and two-way NDA's, its a safe bet this will be a two-way as the potential buyers will want it kept as quiet as possible to try to prevent others stepping in, and to keep their financial and other details out of the public gaze. The club will not want to publicise what is happening or who with because they will not want to upset the buyers.

While that may be true for whats currently going on it surely can't be used as a valid reason(excuse) for their absolutely shite communication for what seem like forever?
Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 23:24 - Nov 27 with 1534 viewsJames1980

Peter O'Rourke Quote.. on 23:15 - Nov 27 by 49thseason

However someone has tipped of a journalist that Rochdale staff/players have not been paid their full wages for the month. I fail to understand how a clarification regarding wages would constitute a breach of an NDA. 'We are moving the pay day to Xth of the month this means staff will be paid in two instalments, this was for accounting purposes' No revelation about prospective buyers needed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024