Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread 15:09 - Nov 30 with 55633 viewsE17hoop

Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

1-1 Dixon-Bonner

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 2360 viewsFDC

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:05 - Dec 1 by traininvain

Willock’s still a player. He’s not as fast but it feel like he’s slowly start to realise that he can find other ways to impact games with his movement and slowly trusting his body again.

It’s such a basic formula to succeed at QPR, play Chair and Willock together and let them cook.

Yeah it's weird, it's like he's rediscovering himself, albeit in slow motion . Don't know if it's a hangover from his injury. but he's definitely starting to look like he wants to play again
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 2360 viewsderbyhoop

Game management at its best.
1st half, stayed in shape. Very disciplined.
Chair added that extra bit of quality and made both goals.

2nd half I thought we looked really good.
JCS was immense at the back , although lucky to get away cardless.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:22 - Dec 1 with 2359 viewsAntti_Heinola

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:17 - Dec 1 by Bedford_R

I wonder what he must be thinking. The same players playing 500% better since he was replaced.

Just need to keep on doing it now. Marti is a genius...

I don't blame Ainsworth. It was the wrong appointment for these kinds of players. It was obvious then and even more obvious within a month. You can't blame him for taking it but it wasn't the right fit.

Bare bones.

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 2337 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:06 - Dec 1 by stevestrange

These last few games have shown how out of his depth Ainsworth was.
Just 14 points off the playoffs !

Absolutely. We were fantastic in the second half. Relentless pressing, some lovely passing and everyone looks comfortable in the system. Their respective treatment of Willock says it all.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 2341 viewsflynnbo

Deluded Preston manager "but he would say that, wouldn't he" to quote Miss Keeler.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 22:24]
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 2324 viewsAntti_Heinola

Word for Dozzell - the pass to Paal for the first goal was superb.

Bare bones.

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:23 - Dec 1 with 2319 viewsJimthehip

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:17 - Dec 1 by Rangersw12

Dykes hold up play in the 2nf half was superb and probably his best game for a while

Yes he was superb tonight
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:26 - Dec 1 with 2235 viewsdannyblue

8 points in 5 games, over a season is 73 points...almost playoff form!
Login to get fewer ads

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:26 - Dec 1 with 2230 viewsHooping_Mad

Ziyad play a cracking ball up to Chair for the second as well.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:27 - Dec 1 with 2195 viewsflynnbo

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:26 - Dec 1 by Hooping_Mad

Agree, Dozzell and Larkeche are interchangeable-a good position to be in.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:27 - Dec 1 with 2172 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:17 - Dec 1 by Rangersw12

Dykes hold up play in the 2nf half was superb and probably his best game for a while

Agree however he was very lucky to get away with a naughty elbow in the first half. If VAR was in place, I think he's walking.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 2141 viewsVancouverHoop

As others have said, excellent game management by Marti Di. I noticed the way he lets Dykes run up and down the centre of the pitch laying off balls to players either side of him. He doesn't have cover as much ground and is more productive. We've also got players backing each other other up, The second goal: Larkeche to Chair to Willock was a miniature masterpiece. The first goal had Smyth running in on goal ready for the cross. We don't need a Big Man Up Front if we can do that regularly.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:28 - Dec 1 with 2143 viewsJimthehip

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:23 - Dec 1 by Antti_Heinola

Word for Dozzell - the pass to Paal for the first goal was superb.

Yes was class

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:29 - Dec 1 with 2123 viewsflynnbo

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:27 - Dec 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Agree however he was very lucky to get away with a naughty elbow in the first half. If VAR was in place, I think he's walking.

True but people were crying out for him to put himself about and he did and, as Lowe said, he's done it to them before. I thought he linked up really well when he dropped into midfield too.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 22:30]
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:30 - Dec 1 with 2084 viewsQPROslo

Great night, a good performance after the first 30 minutes or so and a well needed and deserved 3 points.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:33 - Dec 1 with 2008 viewsVancouverHoop

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:26 - Dec 1 by Hooping_Mad

Yup. In ice hockey he'd get an assist (point) for that ball to Chair.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:35 - Dec 1 with 1922 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:29 - Dec 1 by flynnbo

True but people were crying out for him to put himself about and he did and, as Lowe said, he's done it to them before. I thought he linked up really well when he dropped into midfield too.

Putting yourself about doesn't mean swinging elbows and giving opposition players a bloody nose. If you look back at the match thread there were quite a few on here who thought it deserved a red. Obviously I'm relieved that it wasn't and he played well thereafter but he has to watch that in future.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:38 - Dec 1 with 1863 viewsQPROslo

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:27 - Dec 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Nah, he never looked at the bloke. Just a natural jump. Yellow was harsh.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:38 - Dec 1 with 1860 viewsManinBlack

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:29 - Dec 1 by flynnbo

Great win and the manager's tactics were really good leading to that second half performance. Dykes was lucky though to stay on doing that on the halfway line. I thought it was a red all day long and the outcome might have been different if he had walked. Looks like our luck has improved in the last few days as we were getting nothing with Ainsworth from the officials.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:39 - Dec 1 with 1800 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:38 - Dec 1 by QPROslo

Nah, he never looked at the bloke. Just a natural jump. Yellow was harsh.

Hahahahaha....

Broken leg? Nah, never looked at the bloke. Just a natural slide.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:41 - Dec 1 with 1788 viewslassel

It is rather damning that Willock, EDB and Larkeche who Ainsworth had no interest in have all and big parts to play in us gaining 6 points in a week.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:43 - Dec 1 with 1731 viewsNottsQPR

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:11 - Dec 1 by TommyQPR

Very professional performance.

It bodes well for the rest of the season.

It's vital we keep Chair and Willock until the end of the season at least.

But it was exactly that type of thinking that got us in trouble in the first place…

‘We’ve got to keep Austin, Johansen…etc’

If the right offer (and it must be the right amount) comes in for either; we sell and re-invest.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:47 - Dec 1 with 1661 viewsBoston

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:41 - Dec 1 by lassel

It is rather damning that Willock, EDB and Larkeche who Ainsworth had no interest in have all and big parts to play in us gaining 6 points in a week.

Damning? No, it's purely that Marti appears to be a better judge of player. I wouldn't damn GA, it's just a fact he had a more kick and run approach to football management.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:51 - Dec 1 with 1588 viewsDieByYourSide

You can see those relationships on the pitch building. Patterns of play & link up between the likes of Willock, Chair, Paal, Dykes with some nice touches tonight and Larkeche when he came on.

Still loads more to come from Cannon going forward. Dixon-Bonner uses the ball really well and perhaps unlucky not to have scored in our colours yet. Another lovely cameo from him, he'll be be knocking on the door for more regular starts if he keeps going this way.

Dunne didn't put a foot wrong tonight but get Cook & JCS starting together and that is a solid pairing who can defend and put their foot on the ball assuredly too.

Massive for confidence tonight.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:54 - Dec 1 with 1551 viewsFDC

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:43 - Dec 1 by NottsQPR

But it was exactly that type of thinking that got us in trouble in the first place…

‘We’ve got to keep Austin, Johansen…etc’

If the right offer (and it must be the right amount) comes in for either; we sell and re-invest.

Hmm... Not sure at this moment in time, fighting to dig out of relegation, having just brought in a foreign manager who is discovering his team... It would be nuts to sell the players who have stepped up for him, you'd be consigning the club to relegation which would be very expensive
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024