Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread 15:09 - Nov 30 with 55636 viewsE17hoop

Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

1-1 Dixon-Bonner

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:45 - Dec 1 with 2601 viewsNed_Kennedys

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:54 - Dec 1 by FDC

Hmm... Not sure at this moment in time, fighting to dig out of relegation, having just brought in a foreign manager who is discovering his team... It would be nuts to sell the players who have stepped up for him, you'd be consigning the club to relegation which would be very expensive

If Willock does not sign a new contract then he can leave for free in the summer: if we get a decent offer in January then you take it.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:48 - Dec 1 with 2567 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:40 - Dec 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Both, Benny.

GAA is the acronym for the Gaelic Athletic Association, whose members promise to promote and protect its games which are Gaelic Football (men and women), Hurling (men and women but called Camogie when played by women), Handball and Rounders.

Also, something called Scór, which is competitive singing, dancing and theatrics, all with a Gaelic twist as you'd imagine. Most clubs, mine included, ignore that duty.

Thanks for that. You learn something every day.

I've never been to a Gaelic Football or Hurling match but hope to check both off my list one day.

As for Scór, I've probably witnessed the amateur variety in a few pubs and bars in my time.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:52 - Dec 1 with 2527 viewsdavman

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:08 - Dec 1 by ParkRoyalR

We'll agree to differ on that one,

I get JCS looks better on the ball in a Rio Ferdinand type of way,

Dunne has an awkward gait so doesn't look as good on the ball (a bit like comparing Steve Bruce to Gary Pallister) but Dunne's defending was top draw tonite.

Dunne better, but from a really, really low base.

...but JCS was, as he mostly is when on the pitch, our best defender (and I think footballer too by the way). Strong, aggressive, calm, great in the tackle, good in the air , will pick a pass that beats the lines.

If (and I know, it is the biggest IF in the world) he stays fit, we don't go down in my eyes and he'll be the next big sale.

BUT, this is QPR, so we don't get nice things, so expect him to have picked up another minor calf niggle on the coach on the way home and he'll be out for 6 weeks.

Dunne is just NOT aware of what is going on around him at the moment - an absolute liability.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:59 - Dec 1 with 2457 viewsDamo1962

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:05 - Dec 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Happy for you, Damo.

You were definitely getting down, and very understandable too.

Glad you're back.

Thanks Brian. Appreciate it.👍
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:00 - Dec 2 with 2457 viewsloftus77

A Sky victory in the Arctic North on a Friday night. Cripes - how the world turns.

Well Done Rangers. Onto Hull we go - the week after next is big.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:02 - Dec 2 with 2445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:07 - Dec 1 by Boston

I didn't tune in until the game had kicked off, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think he wasJosh Watson, if not Preston's regular commentator, a chap who has covered their games and other teams fixtures t'up north. To be honest, he was quite fair, fcked up some of the Rangers names, but then again, so do I.

Only caught the last 30 or so but I thought he was decent.

Three games, though, since London left and three different commentators.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:25 - Dec 2 with 2300 viewsHoopinEssex

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:40 - Dec 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Both, Benny.

GAA is the acronym for the Gaelic Athletic Association, whose members promise to promote and protect its games which are Gaelic Football (men and women), Hurling (men and women but called Camogie when played by women), Handball and Rounders.

Also, something called Scór, which is competitive singing, dancing and theatrics, all with a Gaelic twist as you'd imagine. Most clubs, mine included, ignore that duty.

God bless you Brian.

Im a man of Cork heritage myself so we've had not much ti shout about of late.

Where you from?
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:33 - Dec 2 with 2251 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:25 - Dec 2 by HoopinEssex

God bless you Brian.

Im a man of Cork heritage myself so we've had not much ti shout about of late.

Where you from?

Both parents from Beara in West Cork, HoopinEssex.

I was born in Colindale and into a Rangers family, thank God. We moved to Beara when I was five, and back to NW London when I was fifteen. For the following eleven years (85-96) it was my delight to follow Rangers all over England and occasionally further afield.

Back in Ireland since the late 90's and living in Cork City. But my home is in the Loft, slightly to the right of our goal as you look out on the hallowed turf.

Login to get fewer ads

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:54 - Dec 2 with 2180 viewsPunteR

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 00:33 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

I was born in Colindale and into a Rangers family, thank God. We moved to Beara when I was five, and back to NW London when I was fifteen. For the following eleven years (85-96) it was my delight to follow Rangers all over England and occasionally further afield.

Back in Ireland since the late 90's and living in Cork City. But my home is in the Loft, slightly to the right of our goal as you look out on the hallowed turf.

Colindale is a great DJ

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:08 - Dec 2 with 2135 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:48 - Dec 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Thanks for that. You learn something every day.

I've never been to a Gaelic Football or Hurling match but hope to check both off my list one day.

As for Scór, I've probably witnessed the amateur variety in a few pubs and bars in my time.

Right now in 2023 is the golden era in hurling Benny so get to a live match in the next couple of years to experience something amaxing.
It does not have to be the All Ireland Final but try and find a summer match with top counties going hell for leather .
Fastest land sport in the world apparantly and the skill level is incredible.
All amature too no pay for play .
Football I struggle with (sorry Brian ) its pretty rough and not close to as many scores but inter county rivalry is very intense and great craic .
Last thing there iz absolute zero chance of voilence so no need to worry like outside Villa Park for example .
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:11 - Dec 2 with 2117 viewsmonners1969

Top evening - half time couldn’t come soon enough dire match and then chair lit up a frozen landscape - never seen one sub make such a difference- 2-0 win away perfect
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:12 - Dec 2 with 2111 viewsThe_Beast1976

Dunne has an awkward gait so doesn't look as good on the ball (a bit like comparing Steve Bruce to Gary Pallister) but Dunne's defending was top draw tonite.

JCS is, IMO, the best defender we have by some distance (when fit). With him fit and playing, our defence is far better than without him. He oozes quality. Let's hope he can stay fit because, if he does, we stay up comfortably
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 1:17]
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:13 - Dec 2 with 2107 viewsThe_Beast1976

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 23:06 - Dec 1 by CopenhagenRs

In the not-too-distant past on this board many wrote that not even Pep or Ancelotti would get a tune out of this miserable bunch of players. But Marti could!!!!

I hear Marti walks on water
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:16 - Dec 2 with 2093 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:08 - Dec 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Right now in 2023 is the golden era in hurling Benny so get to a live match in the next couple of years to experience something amaxing.
It does not have to be the All Ireland Final but try and find a summer match with top counties going hell for leather .
Football I struggle with (sorry Brian ) its pretty rough and not close to as many scores but inter county rivalry is very intense and great craic .
Last thing there iz absolute zero chance of voilence so no need to worry like outside Villa Park for example .

No need for apologies, Bannerman, and I absolutely recommend hurling to anyone who hasn't seen it before. Great game.

But I disagree with you that it's in a golden era. I think it's the opposite, it's rugby with sticks compared to what I used to love and adore. Skill level is very high, but refereeing is non-existent so tricky creative players and team scores are hardly ever seen any more.

Gaelic Football wasn't my first love, but I think it's a fine game when played well. I have little time for the hand-passing and cynicism of Tyrone and Kerry, I love watching Dublin and Mayo.

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:49 - Dec 2 with 2039 viewsHoopsie

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:41 - Dec 1 by lassel

It is rather damning that Willock, EDB and Larkeche who Ainsworth had no interest in have all and big parts to play in us gaining 6 points in a week.

Where are them to play with hoof ball?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 02:01 - Dec 2 with 2010 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:12 - Dec 2 by The_Beast1976

JCS is, IMO, the best defender we have by some distance (when fit). With him fit and playing, our defence is far better than without him. He oozes quality. Let's hope he can stay fit because, if he does, we stay up comfortably
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 1:17]

Really genuinely a question on fitness/availability.....but when there he does have a class about him....been really good since Marti took over
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 02:07 - Dec 2 with 2005 viewsHoopsie

Happy this

“Arguing” about who was the better defender, won on a freezing pitch, clean sheet, away win, 8 points in 5 games, 5 shots on goal (9 the previous match)

Happy days

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 03:20 - Dec 2 with 1916 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:08 - Dec 2 by CLAREMAN1995

Thanks for the tips. An Irish friend has invited me to both a Gaelic football and hurling match so I think I'll be taking him up on his offer next summer. He took me to watch the Irish rugby team play at the World Cup in Paris; that was something I'll not forget in a hurry.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 03:25 - Dec 2 with 1909 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 01:16 - Dec 2 by BrianMcCarthy

No need for apologies, Bannerman, and I absolutely recommend hurling to anyone who hasn't seen it before. Great game.

But I disagree with you that it's in a golden era. I think it's the opposite, it's rugby with sticks compared to what I used to love and adore. Skill level is very high, but refereeing is non-existent so tricky creative players and team scores are hardly ever seen any more.

Gaelic Football wasn't my first love, but I think it's a fine game when played well. I have little time for the hand-passing and cynicism of Tyrone and Kerry, I love watching Dublin and Mayo.

Are the rules of each sport difficult to understand for the uninitiated? Should I get an understanding before I go or is it fairly intuitive?
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 06:58 - Dec 2 with 1727 viewsHoopinEssex

Brilliant Brian.

Great to hear a fellow Corkman with a love for the hoops.

Is there any other QPR fans in Cork now? I knew a couple years back. All my family are United fans. Mainly due to Roy Keane and Denis Irwin's time
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 07:12 - Dec 2 with 1703 viewscorse

Excellent win. Still looked a bit shaky sometimes and who ever spotted Larkeche hats of for him. And Cifuentes...what can I say. And all this improvement in couple of weeks. Top manager
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 09:24 - Dec 2 with 1481 viewsGaryT

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 22:43 - Dec 1 by NottsQPR

But it was exactly that type of thinking that got us in trouble in the first place…

‘We’ve got to keep Austin, Johansen…etc’

If the right offer (and it must be the right amount) comes in for either; we sell and re-invest.

I usually agree with the 'selling to survive' philosophy and in hindsight, it was probably the right thing to do when we were flying high with our best assets in the shop window.

The problem now is that we are trying to avoid sinking so it might not be the wisest decision to start selling off your biggest buckets. On the other hand, if we go on an amazing run of wins through December and January and are sitting comfortably 16th before the window slams shut, that's a different matter.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 09:45 - Dec 2 with 1419 viewseasthertsr

Right let's have a good set of results this afternoon to finish off a perfect weekend! Huddersfield winning on Wednesday was a bit of a downer, no repeat please!
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 10:03 - Dec 2 with 1377 viewsWatford_Ranger

Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 09:45 - Dec 2 by easthertsr

Right let's have a good set of results this afternoon to finish off a perfect weekend! Huddersfield winning on Wednesday was a bit of a downer, no repeat please!

Even if they win, Swansea are only a point ahead. A draw there isn’t the worst result. Plenty of dross in this league within six points.
Preston Never-Ending Journey match thread on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 1350 viewsEsox_Lucius

There is only me, Marilyn & Phyl left from that little gang behind the goal now. Ariel gets to the occasional game but now lives in Italy. They were good times alright.

The grass is always greener.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024