Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gateshead Match Thread.. 18:16 - Dec 12 with 10720 viewsdale1968

Vital game this one as it hopefully sets us off on a cup run with the chance of earning some much needed funds for the coffers.
Cant see a big turnout but a win would be very welcome.

U T D

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 00:06 - Dec 13 with 3196 viewsfermin

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 23:39 - Dec 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

McNulty is telling Gregg and anyone else who might listen that we are incapable of playing in 2(two) competitions at once with our squad. Seems exit was the plan tonight after giving a few kids a lick about.

He should have told us this earlier so we could stay at home and watch TV.

I took that to mean that we only have 13 outfield players and two goalkeepers available so it is difficult to compete in lots of competitions. Gateshead have 25 players apparently. It is just a question of who starts and who is on the bench really. Rodney out for a while again now.
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 00:28 - Dec 13 with 3124 viewsSandyman

The 37 loyal Gateshead fans who turned up last night are going home with a result and performance their loyalty deserved.

The 1000 + Dale fans who turned up didn't get a performance their loyalty deserved. After the first 15 minutes when we had a good go, we regressed to the awful Chuckle Brothers "To me to you" rubbish that is McNulty's management at its worst. It was a night out, some classic Dale gallows humour with friends and a tad of schadenfreude in Ratcliffe's afterwards watching moneybags Man U also exit a cup competition.

Jim's post-match interview should have been done pre-match. As Yorkshire Dale said, "He should have told us this earlier so we could stay at home and watch TV". He'd given up before we started. Evident by his apathy from the dugout compared to the enthusiasm and encouragement from the Gateshead management. A concerning lack of pride on the field by his team last night.

Hopefully a good result on Saturday will mask this calamity.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 0:32]
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 07:06 - Dec 13 with 2833 viewsDale_4_Life

That is as bad as it gets.

Rochdale AFC are a football club here to take football seriously. Last night was obvious from team selection / substitutions / game plan / effort / body language / tactics that we did not want to be in this competition.

FA Cup - Did not qualify for the first round beaten by a tier 6 side in a qualifier.

FA Trophy - Entered round 3.. Home tie but rolled over making Gateshead look word beaters. Did we really not want to progress?

There is obviously something seriously wrong at Dale.. Sleepwalking off the pitch and last night for the first time in a while sleepwalking on it.

To watch a side play with so little effort and pride is gut wrenching.. If Gary Jones was on that pitch last night you would have seen him combust. I can only hope that I am totally missing a point and there is a plan for Saturday against York, A plan to actually go at teams for the remainder of the season and a plan by the club to reverse the current negative mindset that is leaking out of every corner of Spotland.

A total re-set required this morning and a reaction starting on Saturday v York.
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 09:00 - Dec 13 with 2613 viewsEllDale

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 21:27 - Dec 12 by Breakermorant

Lots of calls, last season in particular for max taylor to play more - no, seems every good attack by gateshead involved him, nevitt looked the senior player by miles. I go back to watching in the eighties i am convinced the old fashioned full backs we had then crossed more balls than jez

If Nevitt goes before Ferguson is fit then we’ll see a lot more of Taylor.
I wonder if BJ had picked the same team before the game was called off on Saturday?
And what made him pick those particular scholars?
Why not Oscar Kelly for example?
A couple of weeks ago I was thinking that (sorry FGs) that we had a nice run of league games coming up which, going off form, were all winnable. I’m not so sure now.
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 09:44 - Dec 13 with 2495 viewsdawlishdale

Didn't go last night. Didn't even look at the score updates and didn't feel sick when I saw that we'd lost heavily at home.

These things worry me greatly. I'd never ever have missed a home game when I could easily get there.

The club is in danger of losing a good proportion of its loyal supporters because of awful decisions by the board and awful tactics by the manager. Its a recipe for disaster.

This coming from a 50 plus years season ticket holder who has answered many a cry for help in the past .
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 19:59 - Dec 13 with 2002 viewsTVOS1907

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 00:06 - Dec 13 by fermin

I took that to mean that we only have 13 outfield players and two goalkeepers available so it is difficult to compete in lots of competitions. Gateshead have 25 players apparently. It is just a question of who starts and who is on the bench really. Rodney out for a while again now.

I think that's exactly what he meant.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 13:18 - Dec 15 with 1516 viewsrich_dale

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 09:00 - Dec 13 by EllDale

If Nevitt goes before Ferguson is fit then we’ll see a lot more of Taylor.
I wonder if BJ had picked the same team before the game was called off on Saturday?
And what made him pick those particular scholars?
Why not Oscar Kelly for example?
A couple of weeks ago I was thinking that (sorry FGs) that we had a nice run of league games coming up which, going off form, were all winnable. I’m not so sure now.

Wonder what's happening with the youth set up. Nevett has obviously transitioned well and quickly into the first team but Oscar Kelly, Dos Santos and Ehimamiegho, who all made their debuts last season, have been nowhere to be seen this season. You'd think the current squad and injuries situation would be an opportunity to involve them more.
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 13:45 - Dec 16 with 1223 viewsEllDale

Gateshead are on TV now, losing 1-0 to Halifax.
I’d forgotten what a windswept stadium that is.
Thank God we go there at Easter!
Login to get fewer ads

Gateshead Match Thread.. on 14:51 - Dec 16 with 1109 viewsturnthescrew

That pitch looked as though they keep cattle on it all week. A shocker
Gateshead Match Thread.. on 14:56 - Dec 16 with 1092 viewsEdindale

Like Spotland in years gone bye. There wont be any grass on it at Easter.

What struck me was the strength, athleticism and youth of the Halifax side with box to box players. These up and coming players exist out there and time for BJ to use his little black book of contacts if he is allowed to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024