Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London Sport 13:52 - Jan 20 with 38727 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone know what's going on at WLS?

No report on the new CEO and now nothing on the Dozzel move.

Dave McIntyre seems to be very quiet at the moment. Is he OK?
West London Sport on 10:32 - Sep 23 with 4361 viewsRagingbull1932

Ian McCulough seems to have completely given up and tweeted that he was at Southampton v Ipswich on Saturday reporting for a newspaper so that's why he wasn't at QPR v Millwall reporting for WLS
West London Sport on 10:33 - Sep 23 with 4348 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

West London Sport on 09:58 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

i think one of the reasons for the serious demise of West London Sport is because David McIntyre left England some time ago. I have been told by a contact in the media that David McIntrye doesn't live in London anymore and now lives in the Republic of Ireland.

What's going on here? Brand new user, bouncing old threads with little titbits on Nick London, Tony Incenzo and now Dave Mc who doesn't know where to park near LR... Hmmm...
West London Sport on 11:03 - Sep 23 with 4157 viewsEsox_Lucius

West London Sport on 10:08 - Sep 23 by BAWHoops

I do understand that with 3 Premier League clubs and limited resources you wouldn't really bother covering QPR.
The money for a small business is the other 3 clubs.

Dave Mc I'm sure will still write stories and reports etc. He'll just 'sell' those stories to other papers and news outlets.

It's a huge shame as there simply isn't a local QPR news source online which is absolutely wild

*Enter Clive looking askance...

The grass is always greener.

West London Sport on 11:50 - Sep 23 with 3963 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West London Sport on 09:58 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

i think one of the reasons for the serious demise of West London Sport is because David McIntyre left England some time ago. I have been told by a contact in the media that David McIntrye doesn't live in London anymore and now lives in the Republic of Ireland.

...or he's sat piecing articles for the dear Leader in Pyongyang under the guise of living in the Democratic People's Republic of Kilkenny.

But if Dave Mc has suddenly upped sticks and left, seems strange not to say anything, much less afford us the opportunity to wish him well.

Clearly the three Prem clubs issue raised above is probably a key factor. However, two of those three go into a season with avoiding the drop as their primary goal, so what happens if/when they do go? And do we create less traffic than Harlequins RFC, too?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport on 13:25 - Sep 23 with 3744 viewsGruntfuttock

So you're not covering little old QPR any more. Another reason to hope Fulham and Brentford get relegated; there wouldn't be many clubs left that they deem big enough. Oh, and if we're not worthy of inclusion in your esteemed organ, kindly remove our name from your sidebar.
West London Sport on 14:04 - Sep 23 with 3628 viewsdaveB

West London Sport on 11:50 - Sep 23 by PlanetHonneywood

...or he's sat piecing articles for the dear Leader in Pyongyang under the guise of living in the Democratic People's Republic of Kilkenny.

But if Dave Mc has suddenly upped sticks and left, seems strange not to say anything, much less afford us the opportunity to wish him well.

Clearly the three Prem clubs issue raised above is probably a key factor. However, two of those three go into a season with avoiding the drop as their primary goal, so what happens if/when they do go? And do we create less traffic than Harlequins RFC, too?

I think it was a family decision for him to move so not really anything to do with changes at his website
West London Sport on 14:56 - Sep 23 with 3506 viewsRagingbull1932

Oh I wasn't aware of the exact circumstances. So it was Dave Mcintyre's family who asked home to leave London and emigrate to Ireland? Has he got a new job over there?
West London Sport on 15:16 - Sep 23 with 3427 viewsNorthernr

West London Sport on 14:56 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

Oh I wasn't aware of the exact circumstances. So it was Dave Mcintyre's family who asked home to leave London and emigrate to Ireland? Has he got a new job over there?

I'm not sure that's any of our business really is it?
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport on 15:24 - Sep 23 with 3376 viewsE15Hoop

West London Sport on 10:32 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

Ian McCulough seems to have completely given up and tweeted that he was at Southampton v Ipswich on Saturday reporting for a newspaper so that's why he wasn't at QPR v Millwall reporting for WLS

Must be frustrating for him, as however irritating his questioning style was sometimes, he definitely gave the impression of someone who who genuinely cares about the club.

I wonder how he enjoyed being subjected to Russell Martin's "Land of a Thousand Passes"?
West London Sport on 15:24 - Sep 23 with 3366 viewsTheChef

West London Sport on 15:16 - Sep 23 by Northernr

I'm not sure that's any of our business really is it?

Ragingbull poster must know!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West London Sport on 15:30 - Sep 23 with 3337 viewsW7Ranger

West London Sport on 14:56 - Sep 23 by Ragingbull1932

I can't believe the family didn't make you aware?!
West London Sport on 15:31 - Sep 23 with 3336 viewssimmo

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Dave Mc on Twitter and feel he can be a little unnecessary with his opinions - but up until very recently he was the only reliable source of information you could trust on QPR online. There wasn't sensationalism or repeating of other published 'news' as content, and his was usually the only site that had articles with genuine quotes.

Even recently it was discussing transfers and fees that were miles from the initial guess work of the rest of this version of media. It's a shame to lose such a valuable resource, and even more so at a time when the Linked In Child King is purposely limiting communication and information to the fans.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

West London Sport on 16:59 - Sep 23 with 3115 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him. Hope he's happy and healthy.

Big loss for ys fans, and a big loss for our club.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

West London Sport on 08:50 - Sep 24 with 2597 viewsFDC

West London Sport on 15:31 - Sep 23 by simmo

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Dave Mc on Twitter and feel he can be a little unnecessary with his opinions - but up until very recently he was the only reliable source of information you could trust on QPR online. There wasn't sensationalism or repeating of other published 'news' as content, and his was usually the only site that had articles with genuine quotes.

Even recently it was discussing transfers and fees that were miles from the initial guess work of the rest of this version of media. It's a shame to lose such a valuable resource, and even more so at a time when the Linked In Child King is purposely limiting communication and information to the fans.

"LinkedIn Child King"

Also, yes agree on the rest - quite abrasive sometimes, but a reliably factual, non-sensationalist source of QPR-related info

Edit: This thread has just reminded me of when The Twitter was first becoming all the rage, I posted on here that I only followed two accounts - Dave Mc for QPR stuff, and Doug Stanhope for jokes. Dave Mc replied to my post with something like "what happens if I start being funny?"
[Post edited 24 Sep 8:51]
West London Sport on 09:21 - Sep 24 with 2441 viewsR_from_afar

West London Sport on 13:25 - Sep 23 by Gruntfuttock

So you're not covering little old QPR any more. Another reason to hope Fulham and Brentford get relegated; there wouldn't be many clubs left that they deem big enough. Oh, and if we're not worthy of inclusion in your esteemed organ, kindly remove our name from your sidebar.

Yeah, WLS' Twitter page and website still say they cover us. Such a shame they don't any more.

Anyone spot the glaring omission in your second sentence?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

West London Sport on 00:57 - Sep 25 with 2029 viewsLoftgirl

Good riddance.
West London Sport on 00:58 - Sep 25 with 2001 viewsstainrods_elbow

West London Sport on 00:57 - Sep 25 by Loftgirl

Good riddance.

A bit harsh to say the least - are you feeling pre-menstrual or something else? Perhaps he's just got a better job! Good luck to the guy, either way.
[Post edited 25 Sep 0:59]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

West London Sport on 11:08 - Sep 25 with 1450 viewsdaveB

He still goes to games when he can as a fan with his kids. Saw him up at Sheffield United a few weeks back
I'm sure in an ideal world he'd be at every QPR game reporting on it but he has to go where the work takes him
West London Sport on 11:39 - Sep 25 with 1307 viewssprocket

West London Sport on 11:08 - Sep 25 by daveB

He still goes to games when he can as a fan with his kids. Saw him up at Sheffield United a few weeks back
I'm sure in an ideal world he'd be at every QPR game reporting on it but he has to go where the work takes him

I think it's a great shame. Ian Mac and David Mc are/were fans and were invested in the club. IMO David Mc was pretty accurate on the direction/state of the club over many years. What he had to say was rarely popular but mostly correct.
West London Sport on 11:39 - Sep 25 with 1310 viewsaston_hoop

West London Sport on 10:33 - Sep 23 by Padulas_Shampoo

What's going on here? Brand new user, bouncing old threads with little titbits on Nick London, Tony Incenzo and now Dave Mc who doesn't know where to park near LR... Hmmm...

Looks like that user deleted that particular account now they've let us know that Tony Incenzo is very rich and some odd questions about other media folk.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

West London Sport on 11:41 - Sep 25 with 1297 viewsNorthernr

West London Sport on 11:39 - Sep 25 by aston_hoop

Looks like that user deleted that particular account now they've let us know that Tony Incenzo is very rich and some odd questions about other media folk.

I've put a temporary suspension on it, they can email me to discuss if they'd like.

I was uncomfortable with an anonymous account registered to a similarly generic email address appearing from nowhere and bouncing up old threads to post personal details/questions/comments about various QPR media/coms people.
West London Sport on 12:15 - Sep 25 with 1109 viewsStainrod

Anyone complaining about WLS not covering us - or the Standard for that matter, which gave up on us some years ago - I would politely ask "do you ever pay for news content?"
West London Sport on 12:18 - Sep 25 with 1090 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I knew we'd not seen the last of Tommy Nintendo!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport on 12:26 - Sep 25 with 1045 viewsdmm

West London Sport on 12:15 - Sep 25 by Stainrod

Anyone complaining about WLS not covering us - or the Standard for that matter, which gave up on us some years ago - I would politely ask "do you ever pay for news content?"

A fair point but the question still stands: Why has WLS stopped reporting on QPR? After all, they still report on Wealdstone, for example. Their income from advertising relies on clicks so why reduce the traffic to their website?

What's more, there is a reasonable suspicion that Nourry's communication policy may be a major factor.
West London Sport on 12:30 - Sep 25 with 1004 viewsStainrod

West London Sport on 12:26 - Sep 25 by dmm

A fair point but the question still stands: Why has WLS stopped reporting on QPR? After all, they still report on Wealdstone, for example. Their income from advertising relies on clicks so why reduce the traffic to their website?

What's more, there is a reasonable suspicion that Nourry's communication policy may be a major factor.

They probably have virtually no budget so they can't find anyone who will provide useable content, virtually for free, that enough people will read to get any advertising revenue.

If it were otherwise am sure they would continue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024