Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Appeal Red Card.. 17:04 - Apr 2 with 23745 viewsdale1968

In our current financial situation I dont get this.
We have a few games left and Hendo is avaialable so really baffling one by the club this.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/april/mitchellredcardappealed/?fbclid=Iw

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 19:00 - Apr 6 with 4183 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:19 - Apr 6 by turnthescrew

I haven't missed any point at all. There will be much to discuss going forwards, but that doesn't mean we all have to agree with you, no matter how much you whinge.

Jim himself today, said the red card was a 'shocking decision' and presumably the FA disciplinary panel agreed. The club was entirely justified in pursuing the matter, even if it was their last groat. As you say, 'the principle is important'. The player was unjustly denied the opportunity of playing 3 games and the club were denied his presence in the team.

Bury were a basket case under successive owners. Their problems were (and are) their own, so stop comparing apples with plums.

Jim McNulty's priority this season was to keep the club in this division, stop the slide with resources at a bare minimum. He's done that and I applaud him (and the players) for it, even though it's been a tough watch on many occasions.

Next season will look after itself, once the club and the investors have arranged a proper business model and a strategy that helps move the business forward and also assists the team to improve on the field.

I'm sure most supporters don't expect open cheque books and reckless spending. If any of them do, they need to think again because it isn't happening and nor should it.

Instead of bleating, see the outcome of the appeal and realise it was the just and proper thing to do.

I'll look forward to you putting your opinion forward if anyone so much as bleats about "owners not investing in the team" in future

It seems you understand that principle after all, despite posting as if it didn't matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 19:56 - Apr 6 with 4013 viewsEdindale

I can see both sides of the argument.

A new business model will take a couple of years to implement and come to fruition. We may be solvent next season but will need to operate quite frugally I would have thought.

Personally I was pleased that we pursued the appeal as a matter of principle, judgement and backing our player. Five hundred pounds is a fair chunk when you are skint but not a great deal in the wider scheme of things.

Also we should not become risk averse as this may hold us back in future commercial activities and negotiations on football and non footballing matters. Clearly we cannot take our financial comfort blanket for granted but I don't think that that was the case.

Still wishing that Kairo hadn't fluffed his big chance to-day.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 07:54 - Apr 7 with 3667 viewsrochedale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 15:04 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

You, and others, have completely missed the point, which is why i say it doesn't bode well for the future

We survived potential liquidation by the skin of our teeth

The only things the club should've been thinking about spending money on during this month - of all months - was salaries and essential bills, such as paying suppliers (have we paid them all before forking out on the appeal?)

When bury got an owner full of bullshit about spending money they didn't have, it was "Wow Wow Wow" time

Whether it's £5 or £50,000, it was just WRONG to appeal

The red itself was entirely a matter of interpreting the rules of the game. The ref made a justified decision on the evidence he saw, and that being overturned is irrelevant in the wider context

Come next season - and assuming the Ogden family investment occurs - specifically focused on allowing us to improve our setup to become self-sustaining - i've absolutely no doubt there will be calls for the billionaire investor to fork out on transfer fees because "it's only £50,000, he can afford it". It's the very same principle

I'll keep mine till hell freezes over

We didn’t survive liquidation by the skin of our teeth at all, you’ve no clue what you’re talking about and obviously fallen for Simon Gauges bull. You can try and justify your complete overreaction by all the rubbish you keep spouting about how it doesn’t bode well blah blah blah. It was never a red, it needed appealing, it was, it was overturned, as it should’ve been. Anyone who knows the rules knew it would be. Hold your hands up and admit you were wrong for a change.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 08:16 - Apr 7 with 3635 viewsRodingdale

The shareholders were told the club was running out of money by the end of March. They made decisions based on that information which came from the board and specifically the chairman.

My understanding is we have a lifeline, and depending on the outcome of due diligence, we will have new owners in the summer. Owners who know how to run businesses.

There is a very interesting article in today’s Sunday Times which describes the business disciplines being imposed by Ineos down the road at old Trafford. Obviously on a massive scale, but I would hope and expect that those same business principles are put in place around how the club is run. The comments on the online version are interesting some believe it’s penny pinching, others understand the need to change what has become a rotten culture. In my view we need to do the same.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:12 - Apr 7 with 3366 viewskel

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 07:54 - Apr 7 by rochedale

We didn’t survive liquidation by the skin of our teeth at all, you’ve no clue what you’re talking about and obviously fallen for Simon Gauges bull. You can try and justify your complete overreaction by all the rubbish you keep spouting about how it doesn’t bode well blah blah blah. It was never a red, it needed appealing, it was, it was overturned, as it should’ve been. Anyone who knows the rules knew it would be. Hold your hands up and admit you were wrong for a change.

“We didn’t survive liquidation by the skin of our teeth at all, you’ve no clue what you’re talking about and obviously fallen for Simon Gauges bull.”

Care to share what you know so we can judge for ourselves if other people have no clue what they are talking about?
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:14 - Apr 7 with 3241 viewsjudd

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:12 - Apr 7 by kel

“We didn’t survive liquidation by the skin of our teeth at all, you’ve no clue what you’re talking about and obviously fallen for Simon Gauges bull.”

Care to share what you know so we can judge for ourselves if other people have no clue what they are talking about?

From the Ogden family statement:

"To allow us the necessary time, we are making sufficient funds available to the Club to enable it to operate for the next 30 days."

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:09 - Apr 7 with 3112 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 07:54 - Apr 7 by rochedale

This is a post that shows you're interested only in trying to put one over on me rather than any semblance to what happened, either on the pitch or within the club

I don't fall for bullshit, hence i won't be falling for your mindless bluster

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:48 - Apr 7 with 2937 viewskel

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 12:14 - Apr 7 by judd

From the Ogden family statement:

"To allow us the necessary time, we are making sufficient funds available to the Club to enable it to operate for the next 30 days."

Quite. I’m sure those who know what they’re talking about will keep us up to date on developments over said 30 days.
Login to get fewer ads

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 16:49 - Apr 7 with 2710 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 13:09 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

This is a post that shows you're interested only in trying to put one over on me rather than any semblance to what happened, either on the pitch or within the club

I don't fall for bullshit, hence i won't be falling for your mindless bluster

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:43 - Apr 7 with 2627 viewsrochedale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:12 - Apr 7 by kel

No.

If you were at the EGM you’d have seen and heard gauge trying to bully us into making a decision, when all the while there were many options available and it was very unlikely that we’d ever go bust with said options. I’m not going into all that though, it’s been done to the death. My point was about the complete overreaction to the appeal of a red card, completely unnecessary and it turns out it was the right decision after all. I also wasn’t trying to get one over, as I’d made my point about knickers in a twist before the decision. Some people just need to make a big deal about everything and that was completely unjustified when it was clear it was never a red card. The rubbish spouted by D_alien was pathetic.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:23 - Apr 7 with 2550 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 17:43 - Apr 7 by rochedale

No.

If you were at the EGM you’d have seen and heard gauge trying to bully us into making a decision, when all the while there were many options available and it was very unlikely that we’d ever go bust with said options. I’m not going into all that though, it’s been done to the death. My point was about the complete overreaction to the appeal of a red card, completely unnecessary and it turns out it was the right decision after all. I also wasn’t trying to get one over, as I’d made my point about knickers in a twist before the decision. Some people just need to make a big deal about everything and that was completely unjustified when it was clear it was never a red card. The rubbish spouted by D_alien was pathetic.

And yet... many have voiced the same point of view, on both aspects: the red card and the expenditure courtesy of a benefactor. Regarding the latter especially, not all have done so on here, but in private, and it's understandable why they choose to do so. I guess they're all pathetic too - but in fact, they're some of the most thoughtful people who follow Dale

Their opinion is infinitely more valuable than yours

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:29 - Apr 7 with 2537 viewsdavidab2202

I wasn't convinced that the tackle deserved a red card but the inconsistency of refereeing decisions must be very frustrating when for those who watched todays game at Old Trafford , in my opinion if ever there was a nailed on red card it was the tackle from Casemiro on Diaz in the last few seconds of the game ,but just a yellow card was issued
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:31 - Apr 7 with 2533 viewsrochedale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:23 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

And yet... many have voiced the same point of view, on both aspects: the red card and the expenditure courtesy of a benefactor. Regarding the latter especially, not all have done so on here, but in private, and it's understandable why they choose to do so. I guess they're all pathetic too - but in fact, they're some of the most thoughtful people who follow Dale

And yet you continue to tripe on, have a day off.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:33 - Apr 7 with 2529 viewsrochedale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:29 - Apr 7 by davidab2202

I wasn't convinced that the tackle deserved a red card but the inconsistency of refereeing decisions must be very frustrating when for those who watched todays game at Old Trafford , in my opinion if ever there was a nailed on red card it was the tackle from Casemiro on Diaz in the last few seconds of the game ,but just a yellow card was issued

Red all day. Makes Mitchell’s look like an accidental tread on the laces in comparison.

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 19:04 - Apr 7 with 2497 viewssxdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:31 - Apr 7 by rochedale

And yet you continue to tripe on, have a day off.

You'll be lucky, legend in his own mind that one. His dogma will sh1t on your karma!
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 20:49 - Apr 7 with 2316 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 19:04 - Apr 7 by sxdale

You'll be lucky, legend in his own mind that one. His dogma will sh1t on your karma!

It's true sx

Here's a legendary saying: "if you want someone to 'have a day off' don't start arguing with them"

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:11 - Apr 7 with 2251 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:29 - Apr 7 by davidab2202

I was amazed that the VAR referee didn't suggest the match referee take a second look. It looked even worse in slow motion. Casemiro was very, very fortunate.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:24 - Apr 7 with 2226 viewsturnthescrew

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 18:23 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

Has the penny dropped yet? It hasn't cost the club a penny. Let it go. How do you know how or who was actually funding the appeal in any case?

And who are you to declare or determine whose opinions have more validity than others?

99% of posters on here are Dale fans, from many age categories and with varying experiences of supporting Dale over different periods of time.

They are all welcome to express what they think without you slapping them down from your self assembled throne. Your haughty attitude is unnecessary. Debate by all means. Don't try and belittle people.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 22:53 - Apr 7 with 2110 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 21:24 - Apr 7 by turnthescrew

Has the penny dropped yet? It hasn't cost the club a penny. Let it go. How do you know how or who was actually funding the appeal in any case?

And who are you to declare or determine whose opinions have more validity than others?

99% of posters on here are Dale fans, from many age categories and with varying experiences of supporting Dale over different periods of time.

They are all welcome to express what they think without you slapping them down from your self assembled throne. Your haughty attitude is unnecessary. Debate by all means. Don't try and belittle people.

Have a word with yourself

It's lost on me, has been for a very long time

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:26 - Apr 8 with 1740 viewssxdale

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 20:49 - Apr 7 by D_Alien

It's true sx

Here's a legendary saying: "if you want someone to 'have a day off' don't start arguing with them"

Alternatively "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then they'll win"

By the way I love it when you call me by my name

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:33 - Apr 8 with 1726 viewsJames1980

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:26 - Apr 8 by sxdale

Alternatively "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and then they'll win"

I like the playing chess with a pigeon analogy.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:43 - Apr 8 with 1697 viewsEllDale

Unrelated but it was nice to see Ronnie Blair looking fit and well and the guest of honour in the Oldham hospitality area on Saturday. One my favourite Dale players.
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:40 - Apr 8 with 1572 viewsD_Alien

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:33 - Apr 8 by James1980

I like the playing chess with a pigeon analogy.

Not heard that one James, cheers!

Anything but a cliche...

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 14:22 - Apr 8 with 1316 viewsDale_4_Life

I am sure nobody was more delighted than DAlien when the card got overturned.

I agree with his sentiment that it was risking £500 that only days previously we did not have.

On in all it worked.. Mitchell can play out the remainder of the season bar injury or another red!!

Lets get together now and channel all our might into making Spotland financially secure off the pitch for many years to come. The second chance has come out of the blue and really does allow the root and branch investigation into all things club related.

Yes we have made some recent mistakes. Onwards and upwards for the Dale!
Club Appeal Red Card.. on 11:50 - Apr 9 with 877 viewswheniwasyourage

Club Appeal Red Card.. on 10:26 - Apr 8 by sxdale

no its...

Me: There is no point arguing with you (or a variation)
Other: Why?
Me: You can never win an augment against an idiot

Another one that irritates is signing off an email etc with 'further discussions regarding this matter is no longer required'. Followed up by not replying to any other email or post form said individual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024