Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 13:25 - Apr 22 with 10696 viewsEllDale

Amidst all the meetings last week I wonder if one took place setting BJ a playing budget for next season?
If so, I wonder if we might see a retained list released anytime soon?
Retained list on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 6005 viewsBeechball

My feeling is he'll take a few days over it; I noted he wasn't asked about it in the post-Southend interview. Last season's wrote itself as White and Bennett were crocked. Now he'll have to man up.
Retained list on 15:48 - Apr 22 with 5864 viewssamueloneils

Come what may with the retained list.

One unsung hero.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell'

Played 45 of 46 league games- only missed 1 through suspension.

The 2 games he didn`t play were the Oldham home game and the Gateshead Cup game - when we conceded 9 goals. (Nine).

Nuff said
Retained list on 17:30 - Apr 22 with 5598 viewsblackdogblue

Hendo đź‘Ť

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Retained list on 18:01 - Apr 22 with 5523 viewsBeechball

Retained list on 15:48 - Apr 22 by samueloneils

Come what may with the retained list.

One unsung hero.

Ethan Ebanks-Landell'

Played 45 of 46 league games- only missed 1 through suspension.

The 2 games he didn`t play were the Oldham home game and the Gateshead Cup game - when we conceded 9 goals. (Nine).

Nuff said

I take your point. Part of me thinks this is the chance to sack off all those who got us relegated but Ethan and Rodney have made the best case for a new contract.
Retained list on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 5475 viewsnordenblue

Retained list on 18:01 - Apr 22 by Beechball

I take your point. Part of me thinks this is the chance to sack off all those who got us relegated but Ethan and Rodney have made the best case for a new contract.

Hendo didn't too bad, especially so considering he's weirdly sat so many games out
Retained list on 18:26 - Apr 22 with 5453 views100notout

Its funny how we see things differently.

For me Ebanks-Landell has had a shocking season. I've lost count of the times he's fannied around at the back, lost the ball and we've conceded a goal. There's loads of other times he's misplaced a pass and we've been fortunate to get away with it. I can't be arsed looking for the stats but has he got any assists? Certainly not a lot of goals - 3?

I've heard many people say that he's one of the highest paid players and for that reason also as well as the above, he has to go

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Retained list on 18:45 - Apr 22 with 5384 viewsfrequency

Retained list on 18:26 - Apr 22 by 100notout

For me Ebanks-Landell has had a shocking season. I've lost count of the times he's fannied around at the back, lost the ball and we've conceded a goal. There's loads of other times he's misplaced a pass and we've been fortunate to get away with it. I can't be arsed looking for the stats but has he got any assists? Certainly not a lot of goals - 3?

I've heard many people say that he's one of the highest paid players and for that reason also as well as the above, he has to go

He is too slow and always has a mistake in him if he is a big earner he can go for me

Hate city

Retained list on 18:51 - Apr 22 with 5343 viewsShun

Retained list on 18:26 - Apr 22 by 100notout

3 goals, 3 assists. Of our other defenders he fares well:

John 0G, 2A
Gordon 0, 1
Nevett 0, 1
Armstrong 0, 1
Ferguson 0, 0
Oduroh 1, 0
Keohane 7, 6

So, apart from Keohane who’s often played in midfield, he’s far and away our most productive defender. For all the praise given to Nevett for his passing, I actually think Ebanks-Lansdell is better at it. He’s also won a penalty, and we have the highest amount of clean sheets (9) with him in the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 18:52 - Apr 22 with 5365 viewsJames1980

Retained list on 18:45 - Apr 22 by frequency

He is too slow and always has a mistake in him if he is a big earner he can go for me

Any player that doesn't have a mistake in them surely wouldn't be playing in the National League?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retained list on 19:39 - Apr 22 with 5188 viewsEllDale

Retained list on 18:51 - Apr 22 by Shun

3 goals, 3 assists. Of our other defenders he fares well:

John 0G, 2A
Gordon 0, 1
Nevett 0, 1
Armstrong 0, 1
Ferguson 0, 0
Oduroh 1, 0
Keohane 7, 6

So, apart from Keohane who’s often played in midfield, he’s far and away our most productive defender. For all the praise given to Nevett for his passing, I actually think Ebanks-Lansdell is better at it. He’s also won a penalty, and we have the highest amount of clean sheets (9) with him in the team.

And Odoruh’s goal was the runaway one against Fylde when their keeper went up for a corner.
I’ve mentioned this before but it’s not just the defenders who didn’t chip in with goals but also the midfield.
Apart from SAJ all the eggs were in five baskets.
Three of those are out of contract and another has gone back to his parent club.
Retained list on 20:05 - Apr 22 with 5077 viewsBeechball

Retained list on 18:16 - Apr 22 by nordenblue

Hendo didn't too bad, especially so considering he's weirdly sat so many games out

No he didn't and if he were ten years younger there'd be no issue but I think time has caught up with him.
Retained list on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 5043 viewsDuckegg

Keohane is hopefully offered a contract as he is one of Dales top 5 players....
Retained list on 20:22 - Apr 22 with 5003 viewsEllDale

Retained list on 19:39 - Apr 22 by EllDale

And Odoruh’s goal was the runaway one against Fylde when their keeper went up for a corner.
I’ve mentioned this before but it’s not just the defenders who didn’t chip in with goals but also the midfield.
Apart from SAJ all the eggs were in five baskets.
Three of those are out of contract and another has gone back to his parent club.

A different level I know but Finlay Armstrong scored twice for Fleetwood under 21s this afternoon, one being a penalty.
Retained list on 20:30 - Apr 22 with 4963 viewssurb_dale

For me I think EEL has had a decent season and is deserving of a new contract. Maybe at reduced terms to reflect the national league level. The way the centre half’s are being asked to play means theres always going to be some mistakes. He might not have that many direct assists but a fair amount of our goals have started from an EEL ball forward. Finding a better replacement will be harder than people might think.
Retained list on 21:06 - Apr 22 with 4822 viewsBrierls

EEL has had a decent season. I’m confident we’ll offer him a deal on vastly reduced terms, but I’m even more confident he’ll get a better offer elsewhere. The same applies to Cam John.

Offers to high earners are going to be nowhere near their current contracts. We have to get value. Hendo falls into that category too but I hope something can be done to keep him at the club, he has been underused this season. He’s shown he’s still got plenty to offer in those appearances he has made.
Retained list on 07:42 - Apr 23 with 4420 viewsDale_4_Life

EEL is on league wages he would have to take a significant pay cut.

Has been very good the last 6-8 games... yes earlier in the season looked out of form and not 100% fit.

If he can fit into the new budget and give us 40 games like the last 6-8 then absolutely another season would give us some continuity at the back.

Its a new dawn, I am hoping Jim is pretty ruthless with the cull and then we recruit well to have a real go at the National League 2024/5.
Retained list on 08:24 - Apr 23 with 4353 viewsfrenzied

Retained list on 20:11 - Apr 22 by Duckegg

Keohane is hopefully offered a contract as he is one of Dales top 5 players....

Id be surprised if Jimmy doesn't get an offer to move elsewhere.

Hendo i think is done..outstanding service.

Hayes clearly will be back in the FL with some team prob not Fwood.

Nevett will be gone.

Striker position needs sorting.
Retained list on 11:36 - Apr 23 with 4056 viewsDrigdale

Retained list on 18:01 - Apr 22 by Beechball

I am also in the camp that we should retain both EEL and Rodney.
At this level EEL is as good or not better than the majority of centre halves.
Rodney since his return has made a hell of a difference to our attacking threat. He is strong, quick and packs a powerful shot. If he remains fit for a full season he would easily get 20 plus goals.
Obviously though none of know what offers they may have had elsewhere or what their wage demands are.
Time will tell.
Retained list on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 3884 viewsDaleFan7

It will be interesting to see what our playing budget is next season, clearly they will not be pumping millions into it but the Ogden statement they say we will have a playoff budget.

From McNulty's comments throughout the season it hasn't felt like we've had a playoff budget this season.

In regards to the retained list, I can take or leave EEL, Keohane should get a new deal, I expect John to leave, Hendo will be completely up to him I would imagine, Hays next to no chance of him being here.
Retained list on 13:46 - Apr 23 with 3702 viewsramsdale

I'd offer contracts to John, Gordon, Jimmy K & Hendo.

Think John has been outstanding this season, especially after a nightmare year in League 2.

I don't think you're finding much better than Gordon at this level, especially with a possible re-sale value at his age should he improve, and given he was linked to both Man United & Liverpool only 3 years ago, that's quite possible.

Keohane speaks for himself, however I can see a League Two team taking a chance on him.

Hendo scored 11 goals and got 2 assists, averaging a goal contribution every 189 mins. I feel that's more than worthy of offering a living legend one last dance, although if I was him I'd be inclined to drop a couple of divisions if I was to carry on.

In terms of letting go:

EEL - best of a bad bunch of CBs (Nevitt aside), hasn't redeemed himself from last season nevermind whatever league wage he is still on.

Clayton - although I do rate him, not keen for having a passenger who's possibly one of our biggest earners?

Sinclair - hit and miss. Would rather have him than Jez, but wouldn't be overly sad to see him go.

Rodney - good stats at the back end of the season, however I don't remember a particularly good performance? I actually think he was quite poor. Impressed he came back so strongly goalscoring-wise, which I suppose is all that matters, and hope he can stay fit wherever he ends up but I don't think we should be taking another chance to have a key player out for over half a season again.

There's a lot of gaps to fill, but we're already in an obviously much better position than last season, even should nobody renew their deals.
Retained list on 14:24 - Apr 23 with 3607 viewsseasidedale

I think we will offer all out of contract players term of some sort, who accepts will be another thing, I think signing will be the slots that loan players filled and those who leave
Retained list on 14:55 - Apr 23 with 3525 viewsChaffRAFC

Retained list on 14:24 - Apr 23 by seasidedale

I think we will offer all out of contract players term of some sort, who accepts will be another thing, I think signing will be the slots that loan players filled and those who leave

I can't agree with that when we have the likes of Max Taylor on our books.

Wouldn't be that gutted to see any out of contract player go to be honest but also mindful that it will be a big recruitment job again so I'd offer deals to the likes of Jimmy Keohane (versatility and experience), Ian Henderson (Sentimental reasons and the fact he still has the ability to change games in brief spells), Tyrese Sinclair (has the ability to create something out of nothing despite being frustrating), Devante Rodney (Will score goals at this level if he can stay fit) and Gordon (doubt he's on a big wage and been plenty solid enough)

Ebanks-Landell, John, Taylor, B Kelly, Clayton and Afuye can all go for me.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained list on 19:18 - Apr 23 with 3034 viewswozzrafc

This release list will tell us a lot about McNulty as a manager.

Last year it was dictated by lack of funds, player triggering options to extend and much uncertainty.

This year he can plan more and decisions need to be made.
Retained list on 20:22 - Apr 23 with 2867 viewsEllDale

He’s more room to manoeuvre than Hinshelwood, the new man at York, has.
Just been looking at their retained list and they’ve 24 players already under contract for next season and have offered further deals to three of last year’s squad who were out of contract.
Not much room for shapeshifting there unless they pay some off.
I wonder how much their money man pumps in every month to top-up that payroll although I do accept that their gates are double those of Dale.
Retained list on 20:42 - Apr 23 with 2796 viewsseasidedale

Retained list on 14:55 - Apr 23 by ChaffRAFC

I can't agree with that when we have the likes of Max Taylor on our books.

Wouldn't be that gutted to see any out of contract player go to be honest but also mindful that it will be a big recruitment job again so I'd offer deals to the likes of Jimmy Keohane (versatility and experience), Ian Henderson (Sentimental reasons and the fact he still has the ability to change games in brief spells), Tyrese Sinclair (has the ability to create something out of nothing despite being frustrating), Devante Rodney (Will score goals at this level if he can stay fit) and Gordon (doubt he's on a big wage and been plenty solid enough)

Ebanks-Landell, John, Taylor, B Kelly, Clayton and Afuye can all go for me.

Forgot about Taylor, he can go, think we can get better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024