Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices & Details 16:36 - May 10 with 19451 viewsChaffRAFC

Very reasonable price increase I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:42 - Jun 11 with 3045 viewsDalenet

1100 have now bought a season ticket after three weeks of restricted sales and a first full day of open sale. That seems low to me, but it could have been a lot worse. As somebody else said, there is no incentive for the Sandy end to buy early so there may be a rush to buy those in July.

I can see that many of the regulars near me haven't yet renewed - there was a lot of frustration with the product on the pitch and I guess that may have translated into a reluctance to commit. Against my better judgement I did bite the bullet on Saturday and have found the digital process poor. I had to ring the club to ask them to intervene in the transaction as it didn't recognise me. I have downloaded the App but it still says it doesn't recognise me. We have a long way to go to fix our technology if we want to move away from cash and paper.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:56 - Jun 11 with 2998 viewsJames1980

Have we missed a trick not doing some sort of earlybird scheme or other offer such as the prize draw they did last season.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:15 - Jun 11 with 2845 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:56 - Jun 11 by James1980

Have we missed a trick not doing some sort of earlybird scheme or other offer such as the prize draw they did last season.

All down to cashflow James.

Pre-takeover, it would have been very welcome for RAFC. Post-takeover, there was always an option for the club to offer it, but it wasn't exercised. Fans have to manage their own cashflow in the absence of an offer. My credit card statement was due on the 10th. I renewed my seat late Sunday night to try to get an extra month's credit but still got billed on last month's statement. I would certainly have bought earlier if there'd been a financial inducement to me or the club would have needed it desperately.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:43 - Jun 11 with 2794 viewsBillyRudd

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:42 - Jun 11 by Dalenet

1100 have now bought a season ticket after three weeks of restricted sales and a first full day of open sale. That seems low to me, but it could have been a lot worse. As somebody else said, there is no incentive for the Sandy end to buy early so there may be a rush to buy those in July.

I can see that many of the regulars near me haven't yet renewed - there was a lot of frustration with the product on the pitch and I guess that may have translated into a reluctance to commit. Against my better judgement I did bite the bullet on Saturday and have found the digital process poor. I had to ring the club to ask them to intervene in the transaction as it didn't recognise me. I have downloaded the App but it still says it doesn't recognise me. We have a long way to go to fix our technology if we want to move away from cash and paper.

Hi Dalenet
After some soulsearching I could,nt bring myself to renew as I viewed it as an endorsement of Mcnultys football ethos. Cost wise it was very reasonable until you factored in the frustration of actually having to watch the game. But never fear I got a Your card and will live in hope that we adopt a pacier more direct style that does,nt leave me asking myself "what the hell am I doing here"?
On your second point, I consider myself reasonably tech savvy but it took me more than an hour to order my card and install the app, having had to change my password twice??
Am sure it will be ok once we get going but what a palaver to set up. Why the app can,t be open source I have no idea. Hopefully someone can explain?
Hope Dad is in good fettle. See you in August
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:02 - Jun 11 with 2726 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:43 - Jun 11 by BillyRudd

Hi Dalenet
After some soulsearching I could,nt bring myself to renew as I viewed it as an endorsement of Mcnultys football ethos. Cost wise it was very reasonable until you factored in the frustration of actually having to watch the game. But never fear I got a Your card and will live in hope that we adopt a pacier more direct style that does,nt leave me asking myself "what the hell am I doing here"?
On your second point, I consider myself reasonably tech savvy but it took me more than an hour to order my card and install the app, having had to change my password twice??
Am sure it will be ok once we get going but what a palaver to set up. Why the app can,t be open source I have no idea. Hopefully someone can explain?

Disappointing to hear of these tech problems. The question raised at the recent "Meet the Board" meeting was intended to elicit a response about how the tech side of the new regime was being addressed. A few improvements had been noted (mentioned on here) but clearly, there's a long way to go

On the other hand, the question was answered with a generic "we'll do whatever it takes to get the tech side functioning as well as it can". So these issues need to be brought to the club's attention. Since the new owners first made their name (and fortune) in the field of high tech, it shouldn't be something they're shy about getting sorted

I'll probably call in to pick up a Your Card in person so won't experience the online issue, but it'd be good if someone involved in one of the "work streams" mentioned in the forum presentation could bring this to the fore
[Post edited 12 Jun 10:41]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:14 - Jun 11 with 2670 viewsTrev

I'm still awaiting the seasonal hospitality packages which were noted as coming soon (article appears to have been changed to in due course). I did email the commercial team a week ago but no response...
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 14:34 - Jun 11 with 2426 viewsYouTubeDale

As ever I renewed my season ticket despite Jim McNulty 's boring walking football tactics.
In the forthcoming fans' forum I hope he does the decent thing and says that he has fully recognised the real frustration of fans regarding the style of play and he is going to change things next season so we can get excited again.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 14:36 - Jun 11 with 2422 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:02 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

Disappointing to hear of these tech problems. The question raised at the recent "Meet the Board" meeting was intended to elicit a response about how the tech side of the new regime was being addressed. A few improvements had been noted (mentioned on here) but clearly, there's a long way to go

On the other hand, the question was answered with a generic "we'll do whatever it takes to get the tech side functioning as well as it can". So these issues need to be brought to the club's attention. Since the new owners first made their name (and fortune) in the field of high tech, it shouldn't be something they're shy about getting sorted

I'll probably call in to pick up a Your Card in person so won't experience the online issue, but it'd be good if someone involved in one of the "work streams" mentioned in the forum presentation could bring this to the fore

I'm sure there was also a comment by Cameron about the wifi. As we are sponsored by Zen Internet, surely that shouldn't be an issue?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 15:30 - Jun 11 with 2314 viewsDale_4_Life

Two Month End Pay days to go before a ball is kicked competitively...

These dates should be targeted with office open and staff ready to roll.

30th June is a Sunday so Friday 28th June.

Wednesday 31st July.

Get some electronic activity in all Socials encouraging a pay day spend at the club.

Plus keep driving sales with any other ideas however small.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 20:15 - Jun 11 with 2120 viewsEllDale

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago but paid the extra £5 for the privilege of having a piece of plastic.
The lady in the ticket office said that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t have 100% confidence in the digital version.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 20:47 - Jun 11 with 2083 viewsmikehunt

That must be me then :-)
[Post edited 11 Jun 20:48]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 05:22 - Jun 12 with 1874 viewsBlackburnDale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 20:15 - Jun 11 by EllDale

I bought mine a couple of weeks ago but paid the extra £5 for the privilege of having a piece of plastic.
The lady in the ticket office said that I wasn’t the only one who didn’t have 100% confidence in the digital version.

Yup I paid the extra £5 for the plastic too! 😀 I much prefer to have the plastic card that I can look at & show others in any case!
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:10 - Jun 12 with 1766 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:02 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

It is frustrating. I was in Rochdale yesterday and called at the club. The office were very patient with me and tried to help with my phone and the app. They couldn't get it to work either. Tony Pockney then got involved and he tried and it wouldn't work. As he is the lead on IT he saw first hand the problem I faced - and some others may too. He was baffled too. They have asked the ticketing company to investigate. To be fair 95%+ are not having a problem and the office said a very high number of season cards have been renewed online. There will always be bugs somewhere that need ironing out.

They also saw first hand how hard it is to pick up a signal on a phone at Spotland if you use the o2 network (including Tesco mobile and Virgin). But realistically that can't be a priority for us - getting income through the door and playing better football that we all enjoy must be the focus for the next 8 weeks - we can live with technology gremlins for a while provided we don't force fans to digital and card payment options too quickly.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:13 - Jun 12 with 1764 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:43 - Jun 11 by BillyRudd

Hi Dalenet

Hi mate. Glad you haven't given up completely. The old man is fine - he is ready for a new season for some reason given how much he hates our style of play haha
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:21 - Jun 12 with 1748 viewskel

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:10 - Jun 12 by Dalenet

It is frustrating. I was in Rochdale yesterday and called at the club. The office were very patient with me and tried to help with my phone and the app. They couldn't get it to work either. Tony Pockney then got involved and he tried and it wouldn't work. As he is the lead on IT he saw first hand the problem I faced - and some others may too. He was baffled too. They have asked the ticketing company to investigate. To be fair 95%+ are not having a problem and the office said a very high number of season cards have been renewed online. There will always be bugs somewhere that need ironing out.

They also saw first hand how hard it is to pick up a signal on a phone at Spotland if you use the o2 network (including Tesco mobile and Virgin). But realistically that can't be a priority for us - getting income through the door and playing better football that we all enjoy must be the focus for the next 8 weeks - we can live with technology gremlins for a while provided we don't force fans to digital and card payment options too quickly.

Have I just read that correctly or misinterpreted your comment?

Tony Pockney is in charge of IT at the club?
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:36 - Jun 12 with 1708 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:21 - Jun 12 by kel

Have I just read that correctly or misinterpreted your comment?

Tony Pockney is in charge of IT at the club?

Well the ticket office team said he was the lead on the digital migration for ticketing and so they went to get him. I got the impression he was leading on key IT issues - but I honestly can't say "he was in charge of IT". I am assuming we have technology partners actually managing it all.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:58 - Jun 12 with 1560 viewsRodingdale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:10 - Jun 12 by Dalenet

Not ideal to read this, hopefully those with digital STs relying on O2 signal won’t have problems getting into the ground …..

I don’t bother trying to use my O2 phone at matches, it doesn’t work in the main stand. Think it actually does need fixing.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:15 - Jun 12 with 1515 viewsDalenet

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:58 - Jun 12 by Rodingdale

Not ideal to read this, hopefully those with digital STs relying on O2 signal won’t have problems getting into the ground …..

I don’t bother trying to use my O2 phone at matches, it doesn’t work in the main stand. Think it actually does need fixing.

Its okay as you don't need a signal to use the App. Once you have installed it then you are fine. You are not online when opening the app to scan your season card. Hope that reassures you. But yes O2 doesn't work at the stadium.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:16 - Jun 12 with 1294 viewskel

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:36 - Jun 12 by Dalenet

Well the ticket office team said he was the lead on the digital migration for ticketing and so they went to get him. I got the impression he was leading on key IT issues - but I honestly can't say "he was in charge of IT". I am assuming we have technology partners actually managing it all.

Christ.
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 17:08 - Jun 12 with 1240 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 16:16 - Jun 12 by kel

Christ.

With the introduction of a new Finance Director to the board, i guess the previous incumbent became (as it were) "a director in search of a role"

Whilst useful for providing an insight into the minutiae of the financial state of things to the new directors, once that's no longer necessary it does bring into question what specific skill-set is being brought to the table

If he proves to be an efficient lead in updating and fine-tuning the IT requirements as per those elements indicated by the office staff mentioned in Dalenet's post, fair enough... but one would expect a level of performance required by the Ogdens to be commensurate with the standards they'd expect in their business interests

Another way of putting it, might be: "Get it bloody sorted, or else..."
[Post edited 12 Jun 17:11]

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 09:22 - Jun 14 with 777 viewsHorton_Mouse

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:15 - Jun 12 by Dalenet

Its okay as you don't need a signal to use the App. Once you have installed it then you are fine. You are not online when opening the app to scan your season card. Hope that reassures you. But yes O2 doesn't work at the stadium.

You can always screenshot your Season Card info and just open your photos on matchday if you cannot get a signal. I do this with my Morrisons More card as it is forever asking me to log in 1
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:39 - Jun 14 with 637 views_Windydale

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:58 - Jun 12 by Rodingdale

I had BT issues in the main stand no connection and couldnt check the scores at half time.And my phone was set to roaming on, i changed to roaming off and it was ok.I'll check it again next time at a match messing with the roaming and checking whether it's 4g or 5g too
[Post edited 14 Jun 11:41]
Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:54 - Jun 14 with 602 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:39 - Jun 14 by _Windydale

I had BT issues in the main stand no connection and couldnt check the scores at half time.And my phone was set to roaming on, i changed to roaming off and it was ok.I'll check it again next time at a match messing with the roaming and checking whether it's 4g or 5g too
[Post edited 14 Jun 11:41]

This shouldn't be an issue in 2024

Once the new board members experience problems accessing the internet during a match, i'd expect the workstreams involving "tech" and "match day experience" to be tasked with sorting it. Maybe they could ask Jim Ratcliffe how Utd deal with a crowd of 75000 rather than 2500 in terms of internet access?

In fact, i'd expect it before they experience it themselves, since it's being flagged up...

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:58 - Jun 14 with 516 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 11:54 - Jun 14 by D_Alien

This shouldn't be an issue in 2024

Once the new board members experience problems accessing the internet during a match, i'd expect the workstreams involving "tech" and "match day experience" to be tasked with sorting it. Maybe they could ask Jim Ratcliffe how Utd deal with a crowd of 75000 rather than 2500 in terms of internet access?

In fact, i'd expect it before they experience it themselves, since it's being flagged up...

Cameron did flag it up at the recent meeting when he commented that they had been experiencing connectivity issues that day at the stadium.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 13:18 - Jun 14 with 501 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Prices & Details on 12:58 - Jun 14 by judd

Cameron did flag it up at the recent meeting when he commented that they had been experiencing connectivity issues that day at the stadium.

Thanks, i must've missed that at the meeting, but reassuring to know it's an issue that's on his, and their agenda

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024