Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signing Incoming 12:48 - Jun 3 with 5566 viewsBainesy15

Presumably announced at 1?

Starting to worry about the lack of contract extensions...
Signing Incoming on 13:02 - Jun 3 with 5481 viewsBainesy15

Connor McBride, winger, two-year deal after leaving Gateshead
Signing Incoming on 13:13 - Jun 3 with 5403 views_Windydale

Goals 7.15 onwards. Gateshead play a similar way to us. So hopefully he will fit in well.
Signing Incoming on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 5284 viewsBrierls

Somebody who knows the level, at a team that did well in Gateshead. Looks to have a decent pedigree and experience.

He was released by Gateshead when they had a one year extension in their favour, so obviously not in their managers plans. Though his Twitter suggests it was his decision to leave. Either way, let's hope he can kick on here.

Signing a winger means Jez is further away from a spot, which is a positive.
[Post edited 3 Jun 13:37]
Signing Incoming on 14:53 - Jun 3 with 4969 viewsjonahwhereru

Reasonable experience for a young player. See this as a step forward. That should be it for wingers.
Hoping to see EEL, SAJ Hendo and Rodders sign. That would provide a good base and enable the transfer dealings to be more focused. We could do with a core being in place early.
Signing Incoming on 15:35 - Jun 3 with 4807 viewsChaffRAFC

Signing Incoming on 14:53 - Jun 3 by jonahwhereru

Reasonable experience for a young player. See this as a step forward. That should be it for wingers.
Hoping to see EEL, SAJ Hendo and Rodders sign. That would provide a good base and enable the transfer dealings to be more focused. We could do with a core being in place early.

I disagree that should be it for wingers.

Jez Uchegbulam I don't think offers enough and we've lost Sinclair and Hayes.

I reckon we still need two wingers, along with at least one centre back, two if Nevett goes, three if Nevett and Ebanks go, a defensive midfielder to replace Clayton and probably and attacking midfielder so we have options to change it up, at least one, maybe two full backs if John goes, a striker if Rodney goes and a goalkeeper.

And that's a minimum I think.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Signing Incoming on 23:42 - Jun 3 with 4034 viewsBrierls

Signing Incoming on 15:35 - Jun 3 by ChaffRAFC

I reckon we still need two wingers, along with at least one centre back, two if Nevett goes, three if Nevett and Ebanks go, a defensive midfielder to replace Clayton and probably and attacking midfielder so we have options to change it up, at least one, maybe two full backs if John goes, a striker if Rodney goes and a goalkeeper.

Agree with everything said there. We are still two or even three attacking players short, even if contract extensions are signed.

The good news is the noises from tonight’s forum suggest several signings are in the pipeline, with plenty of announcements over the next two or three weeks. We’ll be working with a bigger squad this coming season.
Signing Incoming on 00:38 - Jun 4 with 3997 views_Windydale

A bigger squad is key, as I like that there is competition for a starting place, and to keep it. Also less players taking to the field with injuries.
[Post edited 4 Jun 0:41]
Signing Incoming on 16:58 - Jun 4 with 3342 viewsjonahwhereru

Signing Incoming on 15:35 - Jun 3 by ChaffRAFC

Fair comment on the wingers. That makes me wonder about D’mani Mellor. He is by no means a fan favourite, but I think the management do like him. Never seen him as a an out and out winger, but he is no stranger to playing on a flank.
Login to get fewer ads

Signing Incoming on 17:12 - Jun 4 with 3262 viewsD_Alien

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/june/tobiadebayorowlingsigns/

Attacking wing-back from Notts Co
[Post edited 4 Jun 17:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing Incoming on 17:24 - Jun 4 with 3154 viewsEllDale

I wonder if BJ fancies 3-5-2?
Signing Incoming on 17:53 - Jun 4 with 2973 viewsseasidedale

Sounds like we are playing same style of football with what the new signing says about Jim wants to play out from the back
Signing Incoming on 18:06 - Jun 4 with 2894 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Fully expect Chalky will be on here shortly telling us how good ( or bad even!) this guy is.....
Hope he can run a bit and take on a man but be prepared to play walking football.
Signing Incoming on 18:08 - Jun 4 with 2878 viewsBillyRudd

Signing Incoming on 17:53 - Jun 4 by seasidedale

Sounds like we are playing same style of football with what the new signing says about Jim wants to play out from the back

Indeed. My thought also. It won,t have helped on the season ticket sales front.
Signing Incoming on 18:26 - Jun 4 with 2775 viewsD_Alien

Signing Incoming on 17:53 - Jun 4 by seasidedale

Did anyone seriously expect anything different? That BJ was holding something back from us that a modest increase in playing budget would allow him to unveil?

I wish him well, for all our sakes, but i honestly don't think there's any point in expecting a change in style. Better footballers would obviously help; that's about it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Signing Incoming on 19:30 - Jun 4 with 2520 viewsDaveDave

Last seasons heatmap shows him as an attacking right back who hugs the wing and cuts into the box.

Signing Incoming on 19:37 - Jun 4 with 2452 views442Dale

Signing Incoming on 19:30 - Jun 4 by DaveDave

Last seasons heatmap shows him as an attacking right back who hugs the wing and cuts into the box.

It’s an interesting signing as Gordon progressed well at the end of the season and was a consistent player at right back. It could be an indication where we may be more flexible tactically as Gordon has played centrally, so he could play on the right of a back three and TAR at wing back - something Keohane is capable of on the other side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Signing Incoming on 20:42 - Jun 4 with 2291 viewsdiplodocus

Signing Incoming on 14:53 - Jun 3 by jonahwhereru

Can we afford Hendo any longer, at this level??
Signing Incoming on 21:04 - Jun 4 with 2215 viewsSuddenLad

Signing Incoming on 20:42 - Jun 4 by diplodocus

Can we afford Hendo any longer, at this level??

One last tango......he deserves it. Confident he will get a 12 month deal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Signing Incoming on 21:09 - Jun 4 with 2189 viewsJames1980

Signing Incoming on 21:04 - Jun 4 by SuddenLad

One last tango......he deserves it. Confident he will get a 12 month deal.

If I recall wasn't one of the issues why he left was due to a disagreement regarding his eventual testimonial?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Signing Incoming on 21:40 - Jun 4 with 2073 viewsChauncey

Signing Incoming on 18:06 - Jun 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

Fully expect Chalky will be on here shortly telling us how good ( or bad even!) this guy is.....
Hope he can run a bit and take on a man but be prepared to play walking football.

I hope he does well with Dale,he was a bit accident prone at Notts but I think that if he can get to be a regular in the lineup then he will make a difference,at NL league level he’s worth having in the squad,our defence last season was dreadful but I wouldn’t put the blame at his feet,I hope that the lad fits in and does well
Signing Incoming on 22:20 - Jun 4 with 1946 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Signing Incoming on 21:40 - Jun 4 by Chauncey

I hope he does well with Dale,he was a bit accident prone at Notts but I think that if he can get to be a regular in the lineup then he will make a difference,at NL league level he’s worth having in the squad,our defence last season was dreadful but I wouldn’t put the blame at his feet,I hope that the lad fits in and does well

Positive Chalky lad, we'll have some of that!
Signing Incoming on 22:36 - Jun 4 with 1886 views_Windydale

Watched a few podcast interviews etc. Cheeky chappie. hope he helps boost team spirit, especially during bad runs, A character that we lacked during our mean and moody relegation season in a squad that didn't gel or fight for each other. Hopefully hes a decent player too!
Signing Incoming on 13:18 - Jun 5 with 1312 viewssxdale

I asked my former boss (County season ticket holder) about him being a man of few words he said "Good player. Daft as a brush" mind you to be fair all he said about Kairo was "f****** useless" which I don't agree with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024