Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notts County forum on Langstaff 11:12 - Jun 24 with 2662 viewsKeithHaynes

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/12393-macca-to-swansea/

Not sure about the Swansea defence post, but they will be devastated if he goes. If it wasn’t for the vile abuse on Twitter Dave received I would almost feel sorry for them.

Rumours of a medical and contract seems way off.

The only thing that they are missing is we know as do others now that Langstaff remains a priority for Williams. How that affects the bidding, offers, talks, calls and agent involvement only time will tell.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 11:30 - Jun 24 with 2003 viewsunion_jack

It’s comical how a lot of them say they hold all the aces as he’s got 3 yrs left in his contract. That’s just wishful thinking.

They need to realise that if he wants to go they can’t really stop him. Officially and legally yes but not in reality.

Also, the cost to keep him will need to be more because to keep him there he’ll need an improved contract.

I don’t know if he’ll end up here or not but they need to take the blinkers off and understand he’ll go somewhere else if he feels it’s worth it. Guaranteed to play at a higher per level with better T&Cs or risk Notts Co get promoted. No brainer really.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 12:01 - Jun 24 with 1948 viewsRhonddaSwans

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 11:30 - Jun 24 by union_jack

It’s comical how a lot of them say they hold all the aces as he’s got 3 yrs left in his contract. That’s just wishful thinking.

They need to realise that if he wants to go they can’t really stop him. Officially and legally yes but not in reality.

Also, the cost to keep him will need to be more because to keep him there he’ll need an improved contract.

I don’t know if he’ll end up here or not but they need to take the blinkers off and understand he’ll go somewhere else if he feels it’s worth it. Guaranteed to play at a higher per level with better T&Cs or risk Notts Co get promoted. No brainer really.

They are a league 2 side.
I would guess 2 million would be way to much to say no too.
The Notts County fans are just mental.
They thaght the likes of Steve Cooper or Potter would be interested in them , when Luke Williams left.
Around that time they thaght that Luke wouldn't leave.
For some reason they think they are around the same size club as us 😆.

Langstaff will leave this summer.
They turn down two million and he breaks his leg first game of the season.
They would forever be kicking their selves. Every player at every club has a price, being in league 2 if a championship club comes knocking they won't be able to keep him.
At his age its getting to the point of now or never at playing in the top leagues.

Poll: what is more Exciting

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 14:22 - Jun 24 with 1717 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

They need to look more long term. We never wanted trundle to go to Bristol city but it was deals like that, selling our top scorers when we were in the lower leagues that helped us bring in Jason Scotland, Angel Rangel, Nathan dyer etc, and crucially made it possible to keep hold of other top players like Bodde.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 11:34 - Jun 25 with 1273 viewsRhonddaSwans

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 14:22 - Jun 24 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They need to look more long term. We never wanted trundle to go to Bristol city but it was deals like that, selling our top scorers when we were in the lower leagues that helped us bring in Jason Scotland, Angel Rangel, Nathan dyer etc, and crucially made it possible to keep hold of other top players like Bodde.

3 million in to their club will get them half a team at that level.
I have no doubt the captain's armband was given to him to inflate his price.

Is Langstaff better than Yates?
Yates will have a full pre season now settling into the area.
I believe that Jerry will come back a new player next year.

The Notts County fans need to know like you have pressed on football is a business.
All clubs are selling clubs. They have probably got targets already lined up to replace macca.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 14:54 - Jun 25 with 1163 viewsRhonddaSwans

Lets get Macca and Jones here check this clip out of what we could get.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:22 - Jun 25 with 1126 viewsonehunglow

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 11:34 - Jun 25 by RhonddaSwans

The Notts County fans need to know like you have pressed on football is a business.
All clubs are selling clubs. They have probably got targets already lined up to replace macca.

Just,love that optimism .
Personally, more chance of John Lennon on rhythm guitar,Jim Morrison lead vocals,John Entwhistle on bass ,Keith Moon on drums and Jerry Lee Lewis on piano.
Some band that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:39 - Jun 25 with 1105 viewsnantywatcher

I believe that Jerry will come back a new player next year.'

Not the remotest chance, he will a better player - take £500k and move on!
Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:47 - Jun 25 with 1094 viewsonehunglow

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:39 - Jun 25 by nantywatcher

I’d drive him my self although I’d have to pass Builth house on the way down
I don’t want my windows smashed
Jerry is a bad debt as is fisher.
Replace these and we will be fine

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:55 - Jun 25 with 1067 viewsWhiterockin

Yates may well be a better player next season but not for us. He can't play up front alone and we aren't going to change the way we set up. He needs to be gone ASAP, dreadful signing by whoever sanctioned it, no forward thinking.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:20 - Jun 25 with 963 viewsDr_Winston

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:55 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

Yates may well be a better player next season but not for us. He can't play up front alone and we aren't going to change the way we set up. He needs to be gone ASAP, dreadful signing by whoever sanctioned it, no forward thinking.

He was signed for Duff, and did just fine for Duff. Was comfortably on target to at least equal his tally for Blackpool the previous season until we changed managers.

He didn't suit Williams' style. It happens.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:24 - Jun 25 with 956 viewsRhonddaSwans

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:22 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Just,love that optimism .
Personally, more chance of John Lennon on rhythm guitar,Jim Morrison lead vocals,John Entwhistle on bass ,Keith Moon on drums and Jerry Lee Lewis on piano.
Some band that

😂
You know me pre season should work in pr for the club.

But Jerry has got a chance to sort it out.
All the guy needs is to hit form and he would be a god here.
That is how fickle we are as fans.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:26 - Jun 25 with 952 viewsRhonddaSwans

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:20 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

He was signed for Duff, and did just fine for Duff. Was comfortably on target to at least equal his tally for Blackpool the previous season until we changed managers.

He is the same type of player as Macca.
Strong plays off the shoulder.

How many do you think Jerry would get in league 2?
I would say 20/30 easy

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:28 - Jun 25 with 947 viewsRhonddaSwans

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 15:39 - Jun 25 by nantywatcher

Jerry could mate 💯 the guy is a pro.

He could settle into Swansea over the summer and come back swinging.
He is a Striker he hits a purple patch and we will all love him.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:38 - Jun 25 with 918 viewsWhiterockin

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:20 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

5 goals in 19 league games under Duff, just fine?

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:45 - Jun 25 with 902 viewsDr_Winston

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:38 - Jun 25 by Whiterockin

5 goals in 19 league games under Duff, just fine?

Considering how the team was playing at the time, yes. The only forward we had who looked even remotely like he knew what he was trying to do.

I know I'm swimming against the tide here. Overall he was a disappointment, but there is a tendency towards one track thinking when it comes to players that I find distasteful. It's ALWAYS the players fault, even when there are quite valid reasons for it not to be.

Many people thought that Whittaker was useless, lazy, disinterested etc and said so repeatedly. Many of the same things said about JR in the latter half of last season. The reality was that he was a decent player who the manager at the time didn't have much interest in.

Different players suit different managers. Yates will probably go elswhere and do well. He won't here under Williams.
[Post edited 25 Jun 17:47]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:49 - Jun 25 with 894 viewsnantywatcher

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:28 - Jun 25 by RhonddaSwans

Jerry could mate 💯 the guy is a pro.

He could settle into Swansea over the summer and come back swinging.
He is a Striker he hits a purple patch and we will all love him.

Take the time to look at the goals he scored last season, at least75% of them he is positioned nowhere near where he should, he is totally unavailable to the player with the ball, and then after a defensive howler a chance drops at his feet. No understanding of his role, but he undoubtedly lucky. That will get him another 3/4 this season.
Notts County forum on Langstaff on 18:12 - Jun 25 with 860 viewsWhiterockin

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 17:45 - Jun 25 by Dr_Winston

Considering how the team was playing at the time, yes. The only forward we had who looked even remotely like he knew what he was trying to do.

I know I'm swimming against the tide here. Overall he was a disappointment, but there is a tendency towards one track thinking when it comes to players that I find distasteful. It's ALWAYS the players fault, even when there are quite valid reasons for it not to be.

Many people thought that Whittaker was useless, lazy, disinterested etc and said so repeatedly. Many of the same things said about JR in the latter half of last season. The reality was that he was a decent player who the manager at the time didn't have much interest in.

Different players suit different managers. Yates will probably go elswhere and do well. He won't here under Williams.
[Post edited 25 Jun 17:47]

I said in my post that he will probably go elsewhere and be a better player, but for us he has been shocking. He was marginally better under Duff as the goals per game show but never a decent buy or slightly successful for any of the three coaches he played under here.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 19:47 - Jun 27 with 560 viewsWhiterockin

Apparently Millwall have submitted a bid. There is an interesting comment in there regarding Obafemi.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/millwall-bid-for-notts-county-goal-machine-

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:26 - Jun 27 with 504 viewsFireboy2

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 19:47 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

Apparently Millwall have submitted a bid. There is an interesting comment in there regarding Obafemi.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/sport/millwall-bid-for-notts-county-goal-machine-

I'm hoping against all hope that he will pick us because of the Williams factor but if it comes down to money we all know what will happen 🙄

What I find interesting is Harris mentioning obafemis discipline for him going back to burnley, so yet another managers fault for not getting the best out of him 🤷
Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:34 - Jun 27 with 481 viewsWhiterockin

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:26 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

I'm hoping against all hope that he will pick us because of the Williams factor but if it comes down to money we all know what will happen 🙄

What I find interesting is Harris mentioning obafemis discipline for him going back to burnley, so yet another managers fault for not getting the best out of him 🤷

Regarding Obafemi exactly right, the guy is a total waste of talent and his football career could well come to an end. Ridiculous to continually blame his managers.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:45 - Jun 27 with 454 viewsFireboy2

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:34 - Jun 27 by Whiterockin

Regarding Obafemi exactly right, the guy is a total waste of talent and his football career could well come to an end. Ridiculous to continually blame his managers.

Well we have quite a few on here who blamed Martin for obafemis petulance.

Still blame him for whittaker, when he was also problem.
Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:46 - Jun 27 with 446 viewsunion_jack

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:45 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

Well we have quite a few on here who blamed Martin for obafemis petulance.

Still blame him for whittaker, when he was also problem.

At least Whittaker is capable of performing if handled correctly. Obafemi has been a problem wherever he lays his hat.

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:51 - Jun 27 with 433 viewsFireboy2

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:46 - Jun 27 by union_jack

At least Whittaker is capable of performing if handled correctly. Obafemi has been a problem wherever he lays his hat.

Very true, whittaker was nowhere near as bad as oba, still a pr!ck on occasions though but has proved that he can perform, been told he still causes problems at Plymouth though and it's going to be interesting with potato head managing him again when it was him who got shut of whittaker at Derby.
[Post edited 27 Jun 20:52]
Notts County forum on Langstaff on 21:12 - Jun 27 with 384 viewsunion_jack

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 20:51 - Jun 27 by Fireboy2

Very true, whittaker was nowhere near as bad as oba, still a pr!ck on occasions though but has proved that he can perform, been told he still causes problems at Plymouth though and it's going to be interesting with potato head managing him again when it was him who got shut of whittaker at Derby.
[Post edited 27 Jun 20:52]

Oh yes! I’d forgotten about that. He’ll be off again😂

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 21:15 - Jun 27 with 374 viewsFireboy2

Notts County forum on Langstaff on 21:12 - Jun 27 by union_jack

Oh yes! I’d forgotten about that. He’ll be off again😂

Depends if potato head has grown as a manager but after brum I seriously doubt it.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024