Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract 16:23 - Jun 28 with 624 viewsLondonSaint76

Echo report states that RM is being offered a 1 year contract extension on improved terms.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/24418013.southampton-reportedly-new-contract-t
[Post edited 28 Jun 16:24]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 17:51 - Jun 28 with 516 viewsBazza

Why ??
[Post edited 28 Jun 17:54]
Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 18:05 - Jun 28 with 488 viewsButty101

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 17:51 - Jun 28 by Bazza

Why ??
[Post edited 28 Jun 17:54]

With that squad, 4th was under achieving

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 07:27 - Jun 29 with 308 viewsCity_boy

There was no need to do this, he still had 2 years left on his contract. We should have at least waited to see how he performs in the Premiership. He also needs to lose some of the arrogance and stubbornness, when things don't for right.

None of the top 8 were ever likely to be trying to poach him, so why now ?
Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 09:08 - Jun 29 with 269 viewsTripleNiemi

#TrustTheProcess

FFS……….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 09:52 - Jun 29 with 243 viewsgrumpy

I'm no fan of RM,but he achieved promotion against my expectations,he deserves recognition for that achievement..
Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 10:06 - Jun 29 with 235 views1teeminants

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 09:52 - Jun 29 by grumpy

I'm no fan of RM,but he achieved promotion against my expectations,he deserves recognition for that achievement..

Exactly grumpy. I have defended him in the past and was one of those prepared to give him time and I’m glad I did. HE achieved promotion which is what was expected of him .

However I would have seen how he fared in the premier league first before tying him down to a longer contract .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 14:16 - Jun 29 with 174 viewsSouthamptonfan

Very happy with RM. He achieved what he was asked to do and he deserves our support and a good crack at this league. However, it would have been sensible to see how he does in the PL this year. If we have a reasonable year and he impresses, give him a new contract this time next year or even half way through the year if he is doing well.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 14:17 - Jun 29 with 173 viewsTripleNiemi

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 09:52 - Jun 29 by grumpy

Oh, don’t get me wrong Grumps, he got us promoted so deserves a fair crack of the whip (i.e. the whole of this season) but doesn’t mean I have to fawn over the guy either (like some of the Social Media plebs now in our fan base)…..

Saints could have waited a bit to see how he fares before offering him an extension.
[Post edited 29 Jun 14:23]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 14:52 - Jun 29 with 138 viewssledger

Echo reporting RM set to sign new contract on 07:27 - Jun 29 by City_boy

There was no need to do this, he still had 2 years left on his contract. We should have at least waited to see how he performs in the Premiership. He also needs to lose some of the arrogance and stubbornness, when things don't for right.

None of the top 8 were ever likely to be trying to poach him, so why now ?

i must admit i wasnt his greatest fan but once wilcox bailed out rm became a lot more flexible in tactics and selection,prepared to win scruffy if needed.I think wilcox had more control than was thought,bye bye and good riddance.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024