Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Waugh 19:47 - Jul 3 with 7210 viewsShun

The Labour candidate makes note in his campaign leaflet of being a lifelong Dale fan. Has anyone seen him/spoken to him at a match or is just politician rhetoric?
Paul Waugh on 20:17 - Jul 3 with 2329 viewsleedsdale

It’s the truth. I’ve followed him on Twitter for years and he often tweets about being at games.
Paul Waugh on 20:57 - Jul 3 with 2254 viewsEllDale

It’s true, he’s often mentioned it in his journalism columns.
Paul Waugh on 21:29 - Jul 3 with 2188 viewsDalenet

He asked a question at the recent 'Meet the Board' forum I think
Paul Waugh on 21:42 - Jul 3 with 2151 viewsDaleFan7

Could have had a season ticket since he was in nappies. Still not enough to vote Labour.
Paul Waugh on 22:09 - Jul 3 with 2098 viewsShun

Paul Waugh on 21:42 - Jul 3 by DaleFan7

Could have had a season ticket since he was in nappies. Still not enough to vote Labour.

Fair enough. It’s been a while since we had a good old debate on here! Who’re you voting for?

And thanks for everyone’s clarification.
Paul Waugh on 22:26 - Jul 3 with 2064 viewsDaleFan7

Paul Waugh on 22:09 - Jul 3 by Shun

Fair enough. It’s been a while since we had a good old debate on here! Who’re you voting for?

Actually not sure at the moment. I think a vote for a party that isn't Galloway or Labour is wasted in Rochdale but I don't want to vote for either, potentially the first time I'll ever spoil my ballot.
Paul Waugh on 22:30 - Jul 3 with 2054 viewsjudd

Paul Waugh on 22:09 - Jul 3 by Shun

Deffo a Greave lad, Dale fan and Trust member.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Paul Waugh on 22:58 - Jul 3 with 2015 viewsShun

Paul Waugh on 22:26 - Jul 3 by DaleFan7

Actually not sure at the moment. I think a vote for a party that isn't Galloway or Labour is wasted in Rochdale but I don't want to vote for either, potentially the first time I'll ever spoil my ballot.

Agree that there are only two realistic winners, and I’m torn. Usually Labour but I’m not exactly won over by them this campaign.
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Waugh on 00:13 - Jul 4 with 1953 viewsSandyman

Now that the Boundaries Commission has put the Crown Oil Arena and surrounding area in Heywood and Middleton constituency, there are two debates and two (potentially) helpful MP's involved.
Paul Waugh on 07:37 - Jul 4 with 1832 viewsisitme

Not really. I emailed the Labour candidate for the stadium ward asking her how a vote for her would benefit the football club and she failed to even acknowledge my email. Not surprisingly I will not be voting for her.
Paul Waugh on 08:33 - Jul 4 with 1759 viewsChaffRAFC

It will be a Labour vote from me, unsurprisingly, though I too am not completely won over by them and understand the "Tory's in red ties" line that people are coming out with but that said, there's very little other option to seriously rid the country of the absolute shambles we'd have for the last 14 years.

The amount of people I hear and see wanting to vote for the Racist UK Party both saddens and worries me greatly that the whole country might see a bit of an uprising in the next 10 years from the very right of politics.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Paul Waugh on 09:21 - Jul 4 with 1679 viewsD_Alien

Paul Waugh on 08:33 - Jul 4 by ChaffRAFC

It will be a Labour vote from me, unsurprisingly, though I too am not completely won over by them and understand the "Tory's in red ties" line that people are coming out with but that said, there's very little other option to seriously rid the country of the absolute shambles we'd have for the last 14 years.

The amount of people I hear and see wanting to vote for the Racist UK Party both saddens and worries me greatly that the whole country might see a bit of an uprising in the next 10 years from the very right of politics.

It's already a feature of politics in mainland Europe, largely due to whole swathes of the population having nowhere else to turn to change policies such as Net Zero (bankrupting us while China/Russia/India couldn't care less about burning fossil fuels) and uncontrolled immigration (nowt wrong with a proper system of accepting genuine asylum seekers or skilled people wishing to integrate)

No surprise if the same happens in the UK. Your point about "Tories in red ties" is well made, to which i'd add there's no real choice for a great number of people, which then fosters discontent

I'll be voting for Waugh, as the best person to represent our town when Starmer gets his huge majority by default, with possibly fewer votes nationally than Corbyn got in 2019

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paul Waugh on 11:14 - Jul 4 with 1580 viewsCockneyDale

I think Starmer has to be mindful of going too hard too soon. He has to win over the middle-ground voters, to get the mandate, then slowly move the dial.
Paul Waugh on 12:04 - Jul 4 with 1472 viewsturnthescrew

If you think the last 14 years has been a sha
mbles (much of it has), then you'd better bed yourself in for a rough ride, because the sh1tstorm to come will be unprecedented. With people like Lammy, Rayner and their ilk as representatives of our government is trulyfrightr.ning. Where is Nick Brown? Suspended on an MP's salary for 2 years and we aren't allowed to know why. This isn't anything like a traditional Labour party. It's being manipulated from behind the scenes and what follows will be a tragedy for our country.
Paul Waugh on 12:06 - Jul 4 with 1469 viewssxdale

Paul Waugh on 11:14 - Jul 4 by CockneyDale

I think Starmer has to be mindful of going too hard too soon. He has to win over the middle-ground voters, to get the mandate, then slowly move the dial.

The other side if this argument is that people may be expecting the current situation to change under a Labour government and to start to feel richer, be able to get doctors appointments etc, but I think there is very little wriggle room for Labour to play with especially having had to rule out most of the areas where you could potentially raise revenue by tax increases. I think the next election will be more important and may signal the abandonment of the political middle ground as is happening across the channel.
Paul Waugh on 13:10 - Jul 4 with 1350 viewsChaffRAFC

Paul Waugh on 12:04 - Jul 4 by turnthescrew

mbles (much of it has), then you'd better bed yourself in for a rough ride, because the sh1tstorm to come will be unprecedented. With people like Lammy, Rayner and their ilk as representatives of our government is trulyfrightr.ning. Where is Nick Brown? Suspended on an MP's salary for 2 years and we aren't allowed to know why. This isn't anything like a traditional Labour party. It's being manipulated from behind the scenes and what follows will be a tragedy for our country.

The likes of Lammy, Rayner and "their ilk" or Sunak, Gove, Cleverly, Dowden, Hunt, Cameron (Who is a major major part of the absolutely dustbin fire that is Brexit, a huge reason we've had so many issues to do with immigration which is pushing people towards Reform) and countless other contributors to the worst government in my lifetime. Not to mention it's previous "right honourables" in Johnson (the criminal), Truss (who literally crashed the economy), Raab, Hancock, Reece-Mogg etc.

You're right though, this isn't a Labour government like the ones previous, and there is definitely a worry that they're not the party for us woke lefties anymore but the change that's actually needed (in my opinion of course) either isn't there or isn't substantial enough a threat to the Tories.

My major worry is the momentum that Reform are building DESPITE them being shown up for what they are and what they're built on.

My biggest wish would be that the Lib Dems kick the Tories into third and become the opposition but there's not much chance of that happening unfortunately.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Paul Waugh on 13:21 - Jul 4 with 1334 viewsjudd

Paul Waugh on 13:10 - Jul 4 by ChaffRAFC

The likes of Lammy, Rayner and "their ilk" or Sunak, Gove, Cleverly, Dowden, Hunt, Cameron (Who is a major major part of the absolutely dustbin fire that is Brexit, a huge reason we've had so many issues to do with immigration which is pushing people towards Reform) and countless other contributors to the worst government in my lifetime. Not to mention it's previous "right honourables" in Johnson (the criminal), Truss (who literally crashed the economy), Raab, Hancock, Reece-Mogg etc.

You're right though, this isn't a Labour government like the ones previous, and there is definitely a worry that they're not the party for us woke lefties anymore but the change that's actually needed (in my opinion of course) either isn't there or isn't substantial enough a threat to the Tories.

My major worry is the momentum that Reform are building DESPITE them being shown up for what they are and what they're built on.

My biggest wish would be that the Lib Dems kick the Tories into third and become the opposition but there's not much chance of that happening unfortunately.

What is so wrong with Reece-Mogg?

I think re-inventing the 19th century is a mighty fine policy, when Britain ruled the waves and gunboat diplomacy meant no risky channel crossing by Johnny Foreigner.

Re-introduce diptheria, Polio and ricketts, just so the hoi polloi can realise just how good we have it.

Reintroduce the Workhouse for the workshy, with a diet of gruel, stale bread and festering well water, and proper apprenticeships for 4 year olds + up chimneys or cleaning looms.

Or you can just go sit in Wetherspoons.

Paul Waugh on 14:00 - Jul 4 with 1255 viewsYadHoDale

What's wrong with Rees (note speling)Mogg?

If terrace style chanting were allowed in the Commons:
"Shit Charles Hawtrey, you're just a shit Charlie Hawtrey"...

Probably the most useless tosser involved in English government since Despencer the Younger in the early 1320s..
Paul Waugh on 14:18 - Jul 4 with 1209 viewsD_Alien

Paul Waugh on 13:21 - Jul 4 by judd

What is so wrong with Reece-Mogg?

I think re-inventing the 19th century is a mighty fine policy, when Britain ruled the waves and gunboat diplomacy meant no risky channel crossing by Johnny Foreigner.

Re-introduce diptheria, Polio and ricketts, just so the hoi polloi can realise just how good we have it.

Reintroduce the Workhouse for the workshy, with a diet of gruel, stale bread and festering well water, and proper apprenticeships for 4 year olds + up chimneys or cleaning looms.

Or you can just go sit in Wetherspoons.

"Or you can just go sit in Wetherspoons."

I'd sleep there overnight too, if allowed. Alas, i just have to sleep there during the day instead

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Paul Waugh on 14:20 - Jul 4 with 1214 viewsCedar_Room

Paul Waugh on 12:04 - Jul 4 by turnthescrew

to think that a fairly bland centrist like Starmer is going to produce a "tragedy" for the country, after 14 years of Tory decline, is utterly delusional. The tragedy has been austerity, Brexit, Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, a decline in living standards for the first time since the end of WW2, a decade and half of wage stagnation and lost growth as the Conservative party has driven the country off a cliff. There is nothing whatsoever better now than when they came into power in 2010 and you think what comes next will be a tragedy?? As the song goes - things can only get better.
Paul Waugh on 14:24 - Jul 4 with 1199 viewsjudd

Paul Waugh on 14:20 - Jul 4 by Cedar_Room

to think that a fairly bland centrist like Starmer is going to produce a "tragedy" for the country, after 14 years of Tory decline, is utterly delusional. The tragedy has been austerity, Brexit, Boris Johnson, Liz Truss, a decline in living standards for the first time since the end of WW2, a decade and half of wage stagnation and lost growth as the Conservative party has driven the country off a cliff. There is nothing whatsoever better now than when they came into power in 2010 and you think what comes next will be a tragedy?? As the song goes - things can only get better.

What about the aquaduct?

Paul Waugh on 14:45 - Jul 4 with 1129 viewsturnthescrew

Paul Waugh on 14:20 - Jul 4 by Cedar_Room

If you think we've been driven off a cliff wait until we hit the bottom under these lions who are about to take the helm. David Lammy as a Foreign Secretary? God help us. Last week he claimed that hormone treatment can produce a cervix after a course of injections. The internal fighting within the party will begin on Friday when the unions start to dictate policy and insist on preferable appointments in key roles. Starmer is leader in name only. He's weak and spineless. He has the charisma of a coconut. They'll have him out in no time.
Paul Waugh on 14:45 - Jul 4 with 1128 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Paul Waugh on 22:30 - Jul 3 by judd

Deffo a Greave lad, Dale fan and Trust member.

Martyn Savin, the Green candidate is also a season ticket holder, born, bred and lives in Rochdale, no idea if he is a Trust member but wether or not a candidate supports the Dale is not the main issue.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Paul Waugh on 14:54 - Jul 4 with 1101 viewsCedar_Room

Paul Waugh on 14:45 - Jul 4 by turnthescrew

If you think we've been driven off a cliff wait until we hit the bottom under these lions who are about to take the helm. David Lammy as a Foreign Secretary? God help us. Last week he claimed that hormone treatment can produce a cervix after a course of injections. The internal fighting within the party will begin on Friday when the unions start to dictate policy and insist on preferable appointments in key roles. Starmer is leader in name only. He's weak and spineless. He has the charisma of a coconut. They'll have him out in no time.

Ah so it’s the old ‘secretly being controlled by union puppet masters’ is it?
🤡🤡🤡
Paul Waugh on 14:58 - Jul 4 with 1076 viewsdiplodocus

Paul Waugh on 14:24 - Jul 4 by judd

What about the aquaduct?

can anyone tell me what Brexit or BORIS ISN'T responsible for?? as for as for the old-fashioned diseases that JRM would like to 'reintroduce' . they ARE here, imported from the sub-Indian continent. thats a fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024