Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee 17:13 - Jan 5 with 2681 viewsnordenblue

We are in receipt of your recent email regarding the above.

Please be advised our matchday ticket prices of £20 Adults £10 Concessions (seating) had been frozen from Season 2007-2008 to Season 2010-2011 inclusive. We reviewed our prices across the board prior to the commencement of the current 2011-2012 campaign and, after taking a number of factors into consideration (including the current economic climate), the decision was made to increase our matchday prices. Please note for the seating area we have available on matchdays to our home support (Family Enclosure) they are charged the same price as away fans, i.e. £25 Adults and £13 Concessions. We are therefore not discriminating against away fans by charging them a different price to our own fans.

This season we also introduced our £100 Season Ticket initiative which has enabled our home support to travel to more away games than they would have in previous seasons due to the low initial outlay for home fixtures. We have witnessed this in a number of our away games so far this season, particularly away to your own Club Rochdale at the end of August. This in effect means extra revenue for away clubs as our fans are purchasing their matchday ticket, followed potentially by further items including a programme and items from the catering kiosks. This extra income therefore goes straight to the away club.

We hope this response helps clarify our position on the above and hope that you decide to make the trip to Victoria Park.

Best Regards
For and on behalf of
Hartlepool United FC 

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:24 - Jan 5 with 2621 viewsKenBoon

How many home seats do they actually sell for £25?

Its £20 to stand behind a goal. Its £25 to sit along the side. It shouldn't be £25 to sit in a seated terrace behind a goal.

Fair play to them replying though.
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:31 - Jan 5 with 2589 viewsnordenblue

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:24 - Jan 5 by KenBoon

Its £20 to stand behind a goal. Its £25 to sit along the side. It shouldn't be £25 to sit in a seated terrace behind a goal.

Sorry folks for the new thread but just thought id contact their club and post the response, in reality though hardly any home fans will ever pay the £25 entrance due to the season ticket pricing ie if your planning on attending even 5 of the 20 or whatever home games its still cheaper to buy a season ticket anyway?
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:34 - Jan 5 with 2574 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:24 - Jan 5 by KenBoon

KB its £20 behind their home goal yet its £25 behind the away goal and £20 for the terracing wasnt it stated that a football club should charge same both sides of the pitch i can see myself reporting this this to Football League and Football Association as they breaking the rules hope it lands them a nice fine

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/MatchdayPrices/0,,10326,00.html

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:13 - Jan 5 with 2469 viewsBrierls

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:34 - Jan 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

KB its £20 behind their home goal yet its £25 behind the away goal and £20 for the terracing wasnt it stated that a football club should charge same both sides of the pitch i can see myself reporting this this to Football League and Football Association as they breaking the rules hope it lands them a nice fine

Hartlepool have a very simple pricing structure...£20 for terracing, £25 for seating. The away section is seated, so they charge visiting supporters £25. Simples.

Everybody knows the matchday pricing is high to compensate for Hartlepool's fantastic Season Ticket offer, and anybody who has been to Victoria Park knows how poor the (seated) away section is. There's nothing to report.

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:22 - Jan 5 with 2429 viewsDaley_Lama

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:13 - Jan 5 by Brierls

Hartlepool have a very simple pricing structure...£20 for terracing, £25 for seating. The away section is seated, so they charge visiting supporters £25. Simples.

Everybody knows the matchday pricing is high to compensate for Hartlepool's fantastic Season Ticket offer, and anybody who has been to Victoria Park knows how poor the (seated) away section is. There's nothing to report.

If you're going to complain about different pricing between the two ends tazzy, don't forget to mention that Rochdale do exactly the same thing.

As above, the difference is between seated and standing, not where the stands are. Rochdale get away with charging more for the away fans due to the experience being better than the TDS, because there are no pillars obstructing views and it is along the side of the pitch.

Poll: DF in or out

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:24 - Jan 5 with 2411 viewsColDale

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:22 - Jan 5 by Daley_Lama

If you're going to complain about different pricing between the two ends tazzy, don't forget to mention that Rochdale do exactly the same thing.

As above, the difference is between seated and standing, not where the stands are. Rochdale get away with charging more for the away fans due to the experience being better than the TDS, because there are no pillars obstructing views and it is along the side of the pitch.

and I bet the pies must taste nicer in our away end than the home ends too
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:29 - Jan 5 with 2390 viewsDaley_Lama

They sold out before HT on Monday at one food bar in the TDS, I was most aghast.

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 2353 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:22 - Jan 5 by Daley_Lama

I just noticed that but their oposite end isnt Terracing its seating therefore both should be Priced at £20 unless people were planning on going in the College End to save £5?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 2348 viewsD_Alien

"This season we also introduced our £100 Season Ticket initiative which has enabled our home support to travel to more away games than they would have in previous seasons due to the low initial outlay for home fixtures. We have witnessed this in a number of our away games so far this season, particularly away to your own Club Rochdale at the end of August. This in effect means extra revenue for away clubs as our fans are purchasing their matchday ticket, followed potentially by further items including a programme and items from the catering kiosks. This extra income therefore goes straight to the away club."

Aw thanks Hartlepool, so that's why you introduced the cheapo season ticket?

Absolute Bollox!!! That's just about the most mealy-mouthed excuse for overcharging away fans I've ever heard

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:41 - Jan 5 with 2328 viewsDaley_Lama

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:38 - Jan 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

I just noticed that but their oposite end isnt Terracing its seating therefore both should be Priced at £20 unless people were planning on going in the College End to save £5?

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/page/VictoriaPark/0,,10326,00.html

The College of FE stand is an all terraced stand....

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:43 - Jan 5 with 2322 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:38 - Jan 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

Seating is classed as better accommodation than terracing, Tazzy, therefore they can charge more for it, as we do at Dale.

EDIT: And the other end behind the goal is terracing. I particularly recall standing on there for Dave Sutton's last game as Dale boss ...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:44 - Jan 5 with 2315 viewsD_Alien

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:43 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

Seating is classed as better accommodation than terracing, Tazzy, therefore they can charge more for it, as we do at Dale.

EDIT: And the other end behind the goal is terracing. I particularly recall standing on there for Dave Sutton's last game as Dale boss ...

Just as a matter of interest TVOS, have you got the respective figures for Hartlepool away fans from this season and last?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 2302 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:43 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

good point

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 2294 viewsPhil

I wish we'd charged Hartlepool fans £25! Maybe next year
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 19:30 - Jan 5 with 2187 viewsR17ALE

I emailed Hartlepool earlier on the advice of Dalenumber2.

I wrote....

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write with regret that I shall not be attending this fixture as I believe £25 is far too much to charge away fans, for accommodation in your away end.

I appreciate your cheap season ticket deal means walk on support has to pay more, and I share the sentiment to a point. But, £25 for a Division 3 game??!!

There comes a point where fans put their foot down out of principle. I and many fellow Dale fans have reached that tipping point with your excessive £25 admission.

Last year we brought 349 visitors. I expect the number this Satuday to be around the 100 mark.

It is the first Dale game I have missed this season, and it is also the first Dale game I have missed voluntarily (whilst in England) since 1993. It is also the first match v Hartlepool I have missed since 18/09/1990.

If you are putting off fans like me, then you will be alienating several hundred others.

Please reconsider your pricing policy, as you are in danger of killing the goose that lays the golden egg!

They replied....

Good Afternoon,

We are in receipt of your recent email regarding the above.

Please be advised our matchday ticket prices of £20 Adults £10 Concessions (seating) had been frozen from Season 2007-2008 to Season 2010-2011 inclusive. We reviewed our prices across the board prior to the commencement of the current 2011-2012 campaign and, after taking a number of factors into consideration (including the current economic climate), the decision was made to increase our matchday prices. Please note for the seating area we have available on matchdays to our home support (Family Enclosure) they are charged the same price as away fans, i.e. £25 Adults and £13 Concessions. We are therefore not discriminating against away fans by charging them a different price to our own fans. (R17 Edit - I didn't even accuse you of doing so, you automated bint!)

This season we also introduced our £100 Season Ticket initiative which has enabled our home support to travel to more away games than they would have in previous seasons due to the low initial outlay for home fixtures. We have witnessed this in a number of our away games so far this season, particularly away to your own Club Rochdale at the end of August. This in effect means extra revenue for away clubs as our fans are purchasing their matchday ticket, followed potentially by further items including a programme and items from the catering kiosks. This extra income therefore goes straight to the away club.

We hope this response helps clarify our position on the above, and hope that you decide to make the trip to Victoria Park.

Best Regards
For and on behalf of
Hartlepool United FC

Good of them to reply (with a carefully well worded standard response probably written last August!) but it didn't even remotely make me think to change my mind.

They do seem totally unaware that their pricing policy sits outside the moral compass of most football fans!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 2125 viewsjoneill

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 17:34 - Jan 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

i will still be going things are looking up CBBA
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 20:10 - Jan 5 with 2076 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:47 - Jan 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

good point

Cheers Taz ... erm, Bot ... erm Tazzy!

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 20:11 - Jan 5 with 2074 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:44 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Just as a matter of interest TVOS, have you got the respective figures for Hartlepool away fans from this season and last?

No, but they could be in Saturday's programme, so I'll report back if so.

Or, we could always get WalkleyOwl to tell us!

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 2069 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 18:49 - Jan 5 by Phil

I wish we'd charged Hartlepool fans £25! Maybe next year

But that means we'd have to charge our own fans in the main stand almost the same.

The only difference - and how Dale get away with an extra £1 in the Willbutts - is the lack of obstructing pillars and the use of a bar and concourse underneath.

I think the FL guidelines refer to something like 'equivalent accommodation and facilities'.

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 12:25 - Jan 6 with 1837 viewsPhil

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 20:13 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

But that means we'd have to charge our own fans in the main stand almost the same.

The only difference - and how Dale get away with an extra £1 in the Willbutts - is the lack of obstructing pillars and the use of a bar and concourse underneath.

I think the FL guidelines refer to something like 'equivalent accommodation and facilities'.

As you said, we get away with charging an extra £1 now so it must be within the rules for us to charge higher prices for away fans. Those obstructing pillars muist make all the difference! So why not £25 against Hartlepool? And then Dunphy could give the extra £5 to any Dale fan producing a full price ticket for Hartlepool away!

Someone posted already that this is setting a new benchmark and it's spot-on. I remember missing Stockport away a few years back because it was £20 and that's now standard everywhere (including ourselves I'm afraid to say). Now it's £25, how long before £30?
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 12:54 - Jan 6 with 1782 viewsmaybee

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 20:13 - Jan 5 by TVOS1907

But we don't charge £1 more in Willbutts than Main Stand TVOS.

According to the O/S it's £20 in both.
Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 13:03 - Jan 6 with 1756 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 12:54 - Jan 6 by maybee

But we don't charge £1 more in Willbutts than Main Stand TVOS.

According to the O/S it's £20 in both.

We did a few years ago, but maybe(e) the pricing policy has changed. I don't suppose we ever advertise to our own fans how much it costs at Spotland for away fans.

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 13:06 - Jan 6 with 1743 viewsTVOS1907

Response from Hartlepool regarding the entrance fee on 12:25 - Jan 6 by Phil

As you said, we get away with charging an extra £1 now so it must be within the rules for us to charge higher prices for away fans. Those obstructing pillars muist make all the difference! So why not £25 against Hartlepool? And then Dunphy could give the extra £5 to any Dale fan producing a full price ticket for Hartlepool away!

Someone posted already that this is setting a new benchmark and it's spot-on. I remember missing Stockport away a few years back because it was £20 and that's now standard everywhere (including ourselves I'm afraid to say). Now it's £25, how long before £30?

I think we're more ethical than Hartlepool and personally, I don't think it's fair to punish the Hartlepool fans for something that's of their own club's making.

I would imagine they have pretty much the same views about it all as we do, especially if they aren't season ticket holders.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024