Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. 22:43 - Jan 7 with 4155 viewsrafcjosh

I imagined today that I would be 1 fan in a crowd of about 85, to see so many of us there was superb. We were very vocal for large parts of the game and fully got behind the lads in full spirit. It was good to see that because the players are going to have to hear us in this relegation dog fight.

Let's face it, we all now know that survival is a must for us right now. Nobody wants to go back to Accrington, no disrespect to Accrington but I much prefer visiting The Valley over the Crown Ground, we spent too much time in League 2 to simply just throw it away so easily. Last season we proved we deserved to compete with the likes of the massive Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Southampton & Huddersfield, it's too good to lose it all.

So if we are going to stay up we need to start playing our parts as fans of this football club we all adore, we need to get vocal and get behind the lads on match day! Preferably starting on Saturday against an on form Stevenage side, who like us last year they are proving there a good prospect in this division, It's going to be no easy game at all. The team need to reproduce the sort of good play we saw against Preston and we need to rally together, help them get the result and an extremely vital 3 points for Chris Beech & Rochdale Football Club as a whole.

Roll on next weekend, Up The Dale.

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 22:45 - Jan 7 with 3267 views442Dale

The team has received excellent support all season, considering how bad it's been

Would still prefer a trip to Accrington mind.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:28 - Jan 7 with 3177 viewsDale_Iain

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 22:45 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

The team has received excellent support all season, considering how bad it's been

Would still prefer a trip to Accrington mind.

No they haven't. Our support is amongst the worst in the country, we're awfully quiet, especially at home.

I do enjoy Accy away though.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:34 - Jan 7 with 3147 views442Dale

Supportive with respect to supporting the players rather than raining criticism down on them. The whole singing/noise thing regularly passes me by.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:37 - Jan 7 with 3138 viewsrafcjosh

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:28 - Jan 7 by Dale_Iain

No they haven't. Our support is amongst the worst in the country, we're awfully quiet, especially at home.

I do enjoy Accy away though.

It was more a comparison between the quality of their respective grounds rather than the away day as a whole.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:41 - Jan 7 with 3124 viewsDale_Iain

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 23:34 - Jan 7 by 442Dale

Supportive with respect to supporting the players rather than raining criticism down on them. The whole singing/noise thing regularly passes me by.

Fair enough then, you're not wrong there. I definitely think that as a fanbase we need to really, vocally get behind them and do our bit - we don't want them to go down with a whimper, so we can't either.

I do realise that posting this won't make the blindest bit of difference, I'm just bored.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:08 - Jan 8 with 3082 viewsRockerdale97

i was there stood up for the whole singing my hearts out. Performance wasn't good but wasnt that of a league two team and even at 2-0 we was still singing so people who weren't there need to stop going on about how bad the fans was and how we look like a league two club because they heard matt le tissier say it.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:08 - Jan 8 with 3082 viewsRockerdale97

i was there stood up for the whole singing our hearts out. Performance wasn't good but wasnt that of a league two team and even at 2-0 we was still singing so people who weren't there need to stop going on about how bad the fans was and how we look like a league two club because they heard matt le tissier say it.

i was there stood up for the whole singing my hearts out. Performance wasn't good but wasnt that of a league two team and even at 2-0 we was still singing so people who weren't there need to stop going on about how bad the fans was and how we look like a league two club because they heard matt le tissier say it.
Login to get fewer ads

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:10 - Jan 8 with 3079 viewsDale_Iain

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:08 - Jan 8 by Rockerdale97

I was there singing my heart out too - I didn't say we were bad today, I said we're bad in general, especially at home. Keep getting behind them pal!
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:19 - Jan 8 with 3062 viewsRockerdale97

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:10 - Jan 8 by Dale_Iain

I was there singing my heart out too - I didn't say we were bad today, I said we're bad in general, especially at home. Keep getting behind them pal!

All this season it was Eyre's fault for poor tactics. Today I thought tiredness kicked in. I can tell you the reason why we have been poor the midfield is too slow and we are getting over run in most games this season even in the second half at Bury.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:37 - Jan 8 with 3036 viewsShun

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:10 - Jan 8 by Dale_Iain

I agree with you that the atmosphere is dire at home games, but I wouldn't say that we're one of the worst in the country, simply because the vast majority of home grounds around the country are like that. I'm honestly struggling to remember any away visit where the home fans were vocal actually. Maybe Shrewsbury one time.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:43 - Jan 8 with 3031 viewsDale_Iain

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:19 - Jan 8 by Rockerdale97

All this season it was Eyre's fault for poor tactics. Today I thought tiredness kicked in. I can tell you the reason why we have been poor the midfield is too slow and we are getting over run in most games this season even in the second half at Bury.

I agree with you there, I've bee saying for a few weeks (and I do hate to say it) that Jones hasn't been good enough all season and we should try Kennedy and Tutte together.

And yeah fair point Shun!
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:59 - Jan 8 with 3019 viewsRockerdale97

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:43 - Jan 8 by Dale_Iain

I agree with you there, I've bee saying for a few weeks (and I do hate to say it) that Jones hasn't been good enough all season and we should try Kennedy and Tutte together.

And yeah fair point Shun!

Here Here Jones will always be a legend but the time has come to call an end to his career at Rochdale and move on. Lets bring in a young centre midfielder for backup with league experience in league 2. Andrew Procter fits the bill.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 03:36 - Jan 8 with 2973 viewsBeechy

To anyone that thinks our support has been brilliant this season, i'm sorry but have you been on a 24/7 bender for the last couple of months? Yes, it's not so easy for some given the prices at some grounds, e.g today's. But, one thing our support has been this year is anything but brilliant or close to good. We have the lowest average in the league! & you could hear a pin drop in terraces of Spotland on a cold Saturday afternoon.

You see clubs, with fans that are so loud and so loyal to their fellow fans. But, us? We'd rather complain at each other for standing up. I've been moaned at on a numerous times for standing up whilst singing my heart out, and I fully understand people don't pay their money for a loud mouth to be sat in front of them but when someone stands up in front of me, and impedes my view whilst singing, I'll stand up and sing with them!

Also Josh, I know your an hardcore loyal and your one of the 'singers' but on some away days we don't all stand as a unit and sing as unit. We sparse out, so maybe sometimes this causes the atmosphere to die off a bit.

I respect everybody's views, but unfortunately I feel we are piss poor supportively and it's something that I wish could mend.

I'm 34 and I'd like to call myself young, but I love the atmosphere, especially away days as we are a different set of people. We are loud, encouraging and really supportive! My 15 year old nephew is a season ticket holder, but he is dis-encouraged to attend every week because, I'll quote "The atmosphere at home is shocking and embarrassing" & to tell you the truth. I couldn't agree more!

Now is a time we need to get behind the lads!

I'm sure people will disagree! But just putting my point across.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 04:06 - Jan 8 with 2965 viewsShun

Find me a home ground in the country (barring the big clubs) that have a good atmosphere.

Seriously, I challenge you.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 05:04 - Jan 8 with 2955 viewsBeechy

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 04:06 - Jan 8 by Shun

Find me a home ground in the country (barring the big clubs) that have a good atmosphere.

Maybe not, but because other clubs don't have a good atmosphere means we cant?

We as fans are capable of making a racket, e.g Sheff Wednesday, Huddersfield etc. Yes they are big games that visited Spotland, but there is no reason why we can't make these kind of scenes a more common thing.

Its pretty useless posting tbh, because nothing will happen. But its worth putting a point across!
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 09:50 - Jan 8 with 2853 viewsjustanillusion

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 04:06 - Jan 8 by Shun

Accy Stanley
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 2798 viewsTVOS1907

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 03:36 - Jan 8 by Beechy

To anyone that thinks our support has been brilliant this season, i'm sorry but have you been on a 24/7 bender for the last couple of months? Yes, it's not so easy for some given the prices at some grounds, e.g today's. But, one thing our support has been this year is anything but brilliant or close to good. We have the lowest average in the league! & you could hear a pin drop in terraces of Spotland on a cold Saturday afternoon.

You see clubs, with fans that are so loud and so loyal to their fellow fans. But, us? We'd rather complain at each other for standing up. I've been moaned at on a numerous times for standing up whilst singing my heart out, and I fully understand people don't pay their money for a loud mouth to be sat in front of them but when someone stands up in front of me, and impedes my view whilst singing, I'll stand up and sing with them!

Also Josh, I know your an hardcore loyal and your one of the 'singers' but on some away days we don't all stand as a unit and sing as unit. We sparse out, so maybe sometimes this causes the atmosphere to die off a bit.

I respect everybody's views, but unfortunately I feel we are piss poor supportively and it's something that I wish could mend.

I'm 34 and I'd like to call myself young, but I love the atmosphere, especially away days as we are a different set of people. We are loud, encouraging and really supportive! My 15 year old nephew is a season ticket holder, but he is dis-encouraged to attend every week because, I'll quote "The atmosphere at home is shocking and embarrassing" & to tell you the truth. I couldn't agree more!

Now is a time we need to get behind the lads!

I'm sure people will disagree! But just putting my point across.

I think the comment about 'excellent support' was meaning a lack of constant criticism despite the poor football we've had to watch.

By and large, the support has been very positive and encouraging.

Whether it's been loud and enthusiastic is a different issue.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 12:57 - Jan 8 with 2655 viewsYouTubeDale

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 09:50 - Jan 8 by justanillusion

Accy Stanley

You beat me to it.

Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley.Accrington Stanley..................................................

How many times do you have to say it ???????????????????????????????????????????????

The model is there. They are very,very poor on numbers but they are very very big on atmosphere. They are a credit to themselves.

There is a hidden agenda, a culture, at Dale that there should be no drums in sight. Dale culture is a snobbish one which seems to look down on crowds with drums and our culture says that it is "non-league" to have drums. Crap.

Accrington Stanley are definately not non-league.

I am one of the singers but I don't sit with the choir...it's even harder being a soloist but at least I try. And I do think that there should be more "triers".

Let's smash this shit Dale culture and encourage drummers and get the banners made...let's get going ourselves, let us as Dale fans make a better Saturday for our fellow supporters.

When I went to Stevenage this season I think they had only 1 drum but even that seemed to galvanise the crowd.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 14:54 - Jan 8 with 2583 viewsShun

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 05:04 - Jan 8 by Beechy

Maybe not, but because other clubs don't have a good atmosphere means we cant?

We as fans are capable of making a racket, e.g Sheff Wednesday, Huddersfield etc. Yes they are big games that visited Spotland, but there is no reason why we can't make these kind of scenes a more common thing.

Its pretty useless posting tbh, because nothing will happen. But its worth putting a point across!

No, you're right. But I don't see anyone can call our home support embarassing when it's the norm around the country.
Accrington is a credible but rare exception.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 2521 viewsD_Alien

I'll be frank with you

Constant singing/chanting/drumming- regardless of what's happening on the pitch, is a complete pain in the arse

Most supporters enjoy the ebb & flow of games - having a constant racket (for me) diminishes my enjoyment of what's actually happening on the pitch

In a word, it's mindless

I've done my years standing and singing in the Sandy, and I challenge anyone to say they're a better supporter than me, but I prefer to watch seated in the Pearl St now and offer vocal support at the right time - when it's actually going to have an effect! - than throughout the game

I respect your views, but serving up Accy as an example of good support just doesn't wash with me
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 15:50 - Jan 8 with 2483 viewsYouTubeDale

I agree that the way we support is a personal thing and nobody is a better supporter than the next. Some people like Thatcher,others hate her. Some like Kiss, others are not keen. It's opinion, and over time, collective opinions help create a culture. You can only fight your corner to try to change/influence others.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 15:58 - Jan 8 with 2462 viewsColDale

I have always thought that the Accy style atmosphere is more entertainment than inspirational. Its obviously better than complete silence, but it never seems to be the sort that urges teams on - perhaps showing more similarities with the organ that is used in US Ice hockey games. I don't think it provides anything close to the sort of atmosphere that you get when your side has a corner right in front of you.
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 16:05 - Jan 8 with 2436 viewsTVOS1907

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 15:50 - Jan 8 by YouTubeDale

I agree that the way we support is a personal thing and nobody is a better supporter than the next. Some people like Thatcher,others hate her. Some like Kiss, others are not keen. It's opinion, and over time, collective opinions help create a culture. You can only fight your corner to try to change/influence others.

Who likes Kiss? Nobody I know!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024