Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else thrown in the towel? 15:04 - Jan 16 with 6490 viewsmexmike

After what i watched on Saturday ive kinda got it into my head that next year its back to L2 football.
I know it sounds very defeatist but i just cant see any way back playing football (if you can call it that) like that.
Anyone else feeling like that or is it just me?
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:45 - Jan 16 with 1307 viewswimborne_dale

RE "After what i watched on Saturday ive kinda got it into my head that next year its back to L2 football.... "

I was just coming to that conclusion myself based largely on what I've heard from Dale Player and read here. Chris Beech seemed depressed in the post match interview - understandably. There's still enough season left to turn things round though. -edit:- I am still behind the team though win or lose and hope to get to more games yet.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Edgar Allan's Crow

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:48 - Jan 16 with 1293 viewsFondles

I can't say I am feeling the most positiv, but until I have seen how bad it is for myself not quite thrown the rag in yet.
I can't believe after 3 years (and all the missed glory!) I am actually not looking forward to my first game back.
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:58 - Jan 16 with 1274 viewsDaley_Lama

Your timing is fantastic Fondles, it should really have been Saturday, that would have been enough to make you wish for another 3 years exile.

Poll: DF in or out

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:07 - Jan 16 with 1251 viewsFondles

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:58 - Jan 16 by Daley_Lama

Your timing is fantastic Fondles, it should really have been Saturday, that would have been enough to make you wish for another 3 years exile.

It could be a blessing in disguise this crapness, cos after a few weekends on the trot of buying all things baby, I am starting to realize I am going to have to cherry pick which games I attend!!
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 1231 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:48 - Jan 16 by Fondles

I can't say I am feeling the most positiv, but until I have seen how bad it is for myself not quite thrown the rag in yet.
I can't believe after 3 years (and all the missed glory!) I am actually not looking forward to my first game back.

get yer cock out

Gissa job

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:14 - Jan 16 with 1229 viewsDaley_Lama

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:07 - Jan 16 by Fondles

It could be a blessing in disguise this crapness, cos after a few weekends on the trot of buying all things baby, I am starting to realize I am going to have to cherry pick which games I attend!!

Alternatively, getting to every game "because you're on catch up" could just be the break you need from the little un.

Not me though of course, treasure every second, cherish every moment etc etc etc.

I only stayed til final whistle on Sat to avoid the dangerous post match traffic.

Poll: DF in or out

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:20 - Jan 16 with 1213 viewsFondles

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:11 - Jan 16 by PDIDDY

get yer cock out

I will for you a week Saturday diddy my old spunk bubble x
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:22 - Jan 16 with 1198 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:20 - Jan 16 by Fondles

I will for you a week Saturday diddy my old spunk bubble x

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:25 - Jan 16 with 1198 viewsdalenumber2

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 20:27 - Jan 16 by qlrken05

Agree , we are in a dog fight within the bottom 7 or so,
Come on all you Dale supporters , We have waited 40 bloody to get out of that bottom league.
I for one am NOT giving up until it is mathematically impossible for us to stay up .
If Dunphy wants to give Beech a chance then lets just get behind them.
I am pretty certain that the whole board would prefer lge 1 football,
UP THE DALE

Hear hear, I am not going to give up hope yet - can you imagine if the players/management let it be known that they had thrown in the towel at this point (no comments that they already have, please, let's stay positive).
Like I said earlier, our survival also depends on the performance of the teams around us - granted we should not be banking on them to bail us out, but there are a number of possible scenarios which may occur and rescue us from the bottom 4. Let's keep the faith for the time being.
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 1192 viewsFondles

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:22 - Jan 16 by PDIDDY

Oi diddy I am off to your lots sportsmans dinner on the 1st march. You going to be in attendance?
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:43 - Jan 16 with 1167 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 15:18 - Jan 16 by StudiousDale

I can't see us picking up many points at the moment - but my hope is that come March we sort ourselves out and then have quite a few winnable games starting with Oldham at home, March 17th (winnable because it's a derby). The results below would give us 20 points from our last 10 games, which would probably be enough to stay up. However the run predicted below would be a miracle at the moment, so unless in the next 2 months things aren't majorly turned round we are going down.

Saturday, 17 March 2012
Rochdale v Oldham, 15:00 - WIN

Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Rochdale v Tranmere, 19:45 - WIN

Saturday, 24 March 2012
Brentford v Rochdale, 15:00 - DRAW

Saturday, 31 March 2012
Rochdale v Walsall, 15:00 - WIN

Saturday, 7 April 2012
Yeovil v Rochdale, 15:00 - WIN

Tuesday, 10 April 2012
Rochdale v Sheffield Utd, 19:45 - LOSS

Saturday, 14 April 2012
Rochdale v Exeter, 15:00 - WIN

Saturday, 21 April 2012
Chesterfield v Rochdale, 15:00 - WIN

Saturday, 28 April 2012
Rochdale v MK Dons, 15:00 - DRAW

Saturday, 5 May 2012
Leyton Orient v Rochdale, 15:00 - WIN

You might think it's big and clever getting off your cake on spliff smoke at your age but think of the future son. Some of the greats such as Andy Gibb, Zammo and Dustin Gee (never proved but look at his eyes) have succumbed to it's life shattering effects. Sure, it's fun at first. I can fly, I'm going to listen to Soul music when I should be watching out for the the Viet Cong and Dale are gonna win back to back games.
Pull back son, you've got your whole life in front of you.
Look at Richard Bacon - he's the winner. Not Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison.
Just say no.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:45 - Jan 16 with 1156 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:43 - Jan 16 by BigDaveMyCock

You might think it's big and clever getting off your cake on spliff smoke at your age but think of the future son. Some of the greats such as Andy Gibb, Zammo and Dustin Gee (never proved but look at his eyes) have succumbed to it's life shattering effects. Sure, it's fun at first. I can fly, I'm going to listen to Soul music when I should be watching out for the the Viet Cong and Dale are gonna win back to back games.
Just say no.

Just say no.

Like you should have done.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:45 - Jan 16 with 1155 viewsFondles

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:43 - Jan 16 by BigDaveMyCock

Just say no.

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:46 - Jan 16 with 1153 views442Dale

Zammo getting a mention has to be a first.

Mr Bronson would make a good manager in our current situation.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 1131 viewsTVOS1907

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:46 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

Zammo getting a mention has to be a first.

Mr Bronson would make a good manager in our current situation.

Shame we got rid of Roland.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 22:23 - Jan 16 with 1092 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:45 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

Just say no.

Like you should have done.

Wow, hang on SuddenLad. It wasn't me who said Rochdale are going to show Champions League form from March onwards.

The only controversial thing I said was that Dustin Gee (Les Dennis's 1980s comedy sparring partner, for those philistines out there) may have been a smack head.

One day I'll tell the whole story, but I warn you now you will not look at Sid Little in the same light again.

The rest of my post, in comparison with the obvious drug-fuelled ramblings about Rochdale suddenly winning a load of matches in March, is quite sensible.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 09:30 - Jan 17 with 1017 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 21:27 - Jan 16 by Fondles

Oi diddy I am off to your lots sportsmans dinner on the 1st march. You going to be in attendance?

whos the speaker? think im going to 1 with gazza speaking at bolholt hotel, is that the 1? to be honest not much work on( hence me being on here all fekin day) budapest march, malaga may and thailand nov ,with the fiancee (not ting tong) funds are low, just waiting for wigandale to organise a whip round for my 28th jan spottyland trip

Gissa job

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 12:40 - Jan 17 with 997 viewsFondles

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 09:30 - Jan 17 by PDIDDY

whos the speaker? think im going to 1 with gazza speaking at bolholt hotel, is that the 1? to be honest not much work on( hence me being on here all fekin day) budapest march, malaga may and thailand nov ,with the fiancee (not ting tong) funds are low, just waiting for wigandale to organise a whip round for my 28th jan spottyland trip

Steve daley i think mate.
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 12:56 - Jan 17 with 969 viewsjudd

Well I've been right through Wikipedia and there is absolutely no mention of Dustin Gee being a smack head.

He was from Yorkshire though.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 14:03 - Jan 17 with 927 viewsPDIDDY

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 12:40 - Jan 17 by Fondles

Steve daley i think mate.

remember now, meant to be good aswell

Gissa job

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 14:45 - Jan 17 with 912 viewsTomRAFC

i havent thrown in the towel just yet but maybe spending a large amount of the season in exile helps

the reason i havent quite given up is that the team sheet reads relatively well and with an experienced manager and another wide player i dont see any reason why we can't stay up

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 898 viewsSuddenLad

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 22:23 - Jan 16 by BigDaveMyCock

Wow, hang on SuddenLad. It wasn't me who said Rochdale are going to show Champions League form from March onwards.

The only controversial thing I said was that Dustin Gee (Les Dennis's 1980s comedy sparring partner, for those philistines out there) may have been a smack head.

One day I'll tell the whole story, but I warn you now you will not look at Sid Little in the same light again.

The rest of my post, in comparison with the obvious drug-fuelled ramblings about Rochdale suddenly winning a load of matches in March, is quite sensible.

Sensible 'by comparison' maybe. It just seemed like your were rambling uncontrollably. You appeared all at sea, as you often were in your playing days !!

Dustin Gee was a more watchable Vera Duckworth than Liz Dawn herself. A great portrayal of Robert Mitchum but an untimely death brought it all to an end, though I always thought he had a congenital heart defect from birth. At least that was how I remember it. I don't recall any suggestion of drug abuse.

Doubly unfortunate when you consider Dustin Gee and Les Dennis were the act due to follow Tommy Cooper when he snuffed it on live TV. That was a 'near do' . Could have gone sooner !!!!

Up the Dale

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 14:57 - Jan 17 with 896 viewsD_Alien

Lets hope Phil Collinson never throws in the trowel

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 15:32 - Jan 17 with 875 viewsSandy_Lane

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 19:06 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

My 9 year old grandson asked me on Saturday, "Why are the other teams players so much bigger"?

Now, if he can see it................

I remember thinking similar in the season we went to Wemberly.

Looking at Stockport's players I thought they looked like a bunch of thugs - all 6ft+ skinheads.

In contrast I thought our team looked a bit boyband - Rundle, Alfie, Ramsden etc. and thought then that what you need to get out of L2 is some big fellas.

Next season we're playing Jason Taylor, Jason Kennedy, etc.

Whether the players are thugs or not matters little, but it makes me feel a lot better if when the teams line up I'm thinking the oppo are looking at our lads and sh1tting themselves.
Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 17:45 - Jan 17 with 844 viewsbuckbyname

Anyone else thrown in the towel? on 15:30 - Jan 16 by DaleAwaydayBot

I'm sure we play in see the End of Janauary at home aswell as a trip to Tranmere Rovers(Once again), Wycombe Wanderers, Buckets Homecoming, February aswell SD?

a dyslexic Broot?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024