Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Symes? 21:42 - Jan 31 with 11305 viewsRAFC_1994

Tweet from JohnHillSport:
#RAFC Michael Symes on his way on-loan from Bournemouth until end of the season. Ex-Accy player of course. Nice addition.
Michael Symes? on 22:47 - Jan 31 with 2722 viewsBrierls

Michael Symes? on 22:38 - Jan 31 by afcbmatt

Bournemouth fan in peace. Be a good move for Symes.Had a great season for us last year but struggled with injuries this season. He's certainly more than than just a target man. Got good feet and scores goals. If he does sign then make sure he takes your penalties as he doesnt miss! Tubbs signing has dropped him down the pecking order so a move to you guys is probably best for him and the club.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Up the Cherries!!

Thanks. Hillcroft wanted to sign Symes when he left Accy, but he decided to join your lot. It's good to finally get our man, and Coleman has already shown he can get the best out of him.

Obviously everyone know's about the outrageous Tubbs signing, but I've just seen that you've signed Donal McDermott as well. He's a cracking player.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Michael Symes? on 22:53 - Jan 31 with 2653 viewsfitzochris

Well chuffed about Symes if he stays fit. Here's hoping we can get him on a perm in the summer.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Michael Symes? on 22:56 - Jan 31 with 2602 viewsScunnydale

Michael Symes? on 22:53 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

Well chuffed about Symes if he stays fit. Here's hoping we can get him on a perm in the summer.

Perm?! Enough of the Scouse jibes!
Michael Symes? on 23:00 - Jan 31 with 2572 viewsafcbmatt

Michael Symes? on 22:47 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Thanks. Hillcroft wanted to sign Symes when he left Accy, but he decided to join your lot. It's good to finally get our man, and Coleman has already shown he can get the best out of him.

Obviously everyone know's about the outrageous Tubbs signing, but I've just seen that you've signed Donal McDermott as well. He's a cracking player.

Yep were still in shock at the Cherries making an £800k signing! His goals to games played ratio is great so lets hope that continues. McD is a great signing as he was the bollocks last season. Really surprised that HT let him go and for only £175k. Cheaper than Richie would have been from Swindon. Our finall offer was apparently 1.2M!!! Crazy money for a league 2 player. (see he scored tonight though).
Michael Symes? on 23:00 - Jan 31 with 2559 viewsfitzochris

Michael Symes? on 22:56 - Jan 31 by Scunnydale

Perm?! Enough of the Scouse jibes!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Michael Symes? on 23:12 - Jan 31 with 2490 viewsRAFC_1994

Excellent signing.
Michael Symes? on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 2470 viewssandylaner1

Excellent signing
Michael Symes? on 00:05 - Feb 1 with 2368 viewsolympicdale

great signing this, much better signings from Coleman than Eyre/beech combined already!

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Symes? on 00:08 - Feb 1 with 2361 viewsD_Alien

Michael Symes? on 00:05 - Feb 1 by olympicdale

great signing this, much better signings from Coleman than Eyre/beech combined already!

Eyre/beech combined?

What an awful thought!!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Michael Symes? on 01:20 - Feb 1 with 2306 viewsNotEyreClue

McDermott is excellent, by far the bargain of the transfer window for me

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Michael Symes? on 01:20 - Feb 1 with 2306 viewsNotEyreClue

McDermott is excellent, by far the bargain of the transfer window for me

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Michael Symes? on 07:36 - Feb 1 with 2201 viewsaleanddale

Class act Symes - was gutted when Hillcroft failed to land him.

If this lad can get back to full fitness quickly and we can continue playing football like we did last saturday* there is more than a chink of light for the upcoming relegation scrap.

*Dale 3 - 0 Bury

Akpa Akpro - Grimes ( 2 ).
Michael Symes? on 08:06 - Feb 1 with 2150 viewsjav14

He'll just have to be reminded that Jonah takes our penalties. Don't want an embarrassing repeat of the Buckets episode.
Michael Symes? on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 2022 viewsCedar_Room

Michael Symes? on 23:00 - Jan 31 by afcbmatt

Yep were still in shock at the Cherries making an £800k signing! His goals to games played ratio is great so lets hope that continues. McD is a great signing as he was the bollocks last season. Really surprised that HT let him go and for only £175k. Cheaper than Richie would have been from Swindon. Our finall offer was apparently 1.2M!!! Crazy money for a league 2 player. (see he scored tonight though).

so just to clarify - after all that time spent in administration and having a winding up order you're now able to spend £800k on a player? Congratulations on your financial turnaround.
Michael Symes? on 17:10 - Feb 1 with 1757 viewsafcbmatt

Michael Symes? on 09:18 - Feb 1 by Cedar_Room

so just to clarify - after all that time spent in administration and having a winding up order you're now able to spend £800k on a player? Congratulations on your financial turnaround.

Things have changed. Lost the whole first team squad at beginning of the season all snapped up by bigger clubs, hence the shit start! (made around 3M in player sales which went on paying debits) Bradbury slowly rebuilt squad and few months back Maxim Denim a Russian millionare bought 50% satke in club. Things are now on the up. Hence 800k for Tubbs!
Michael Symes? on 17:34 - Feb 1 with 1625 viewsDaley_Lama

Michael Symes? on 17:10 - Feb 1 by afcbmatt

Things have changed. Lost the whole first team squad at beginning of the season all snapped up by bigger clubs, hence the shit start! (made around 3M in player sales which went on paying debits) Bradbury slowly rebuilt squad and few months back Maxim Denim a Russian millionare bought 50% satke in club. Things are now on the up. Hence 800k for Tubbs!

I think the only player Bormuf didn't sell this summer was Bradbury himself, matt aint wrong on that score.

Bormufski are the new Chelski.

Poll: DF in or out

Michael Symes? on 21:24 - Feb 1 with 1503 viewsBFC1

Michael Symes? on 17:34 - Feb 1 by Daley_Lama

I think the only player Bormuf didn't sell this summer was Bradbury himself, matt aint wrong on that score.

Bormufski are the new Chelski.

Another Cherry here - and I'll be popping in from time to time to see how Symesy is doing.

Just to be clear what you are getting - M/S is match fit but not match sharp, he's been playing out of position and is a bit low on confidence. He is a wholhearted player, strong, good feet and decent in the air, though not dominant.

If you can bear with him for 3-4 games, play him as an out an out striker and give him confidence I'm sure he will do really well for you.

Without our new found rouble mine I think we would have stuck with him for the rest of this Season but he has been playing in the hole behind Wes Thomas, who is class and improving all the time. We've bought Tubbs and will no doubt now revert to a 442 rather than a 451. The signing of Donal M means we don't need anyone to now play in the hole at times either. If rumour is correct Cody MacDonald will be coming our way on loan when fit too.

Faced with all that it's no wonder M/S asked for a loan move - he wants to be playing football. Take no notice of the idiots our our main m/b about him being lazy, disinterested etc etc.

I hope you survive this year - or at the very least go down fighting to the wire. Look after Michael and as it seems very unlikely we will offer him a new contract, you could have an excellent permanent signing - especially as he is still a decent age.
Michael Symes? on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 1382 viewsMatt_

If you're wanting a target man then Symesy isn't your man, if you try and play it to him as if he's a target man you'll be disappointed. But i'm sure John Coleman knows this.

Symesy is a really classy player if teams play to his strengths, and that's the ball to feet. Despite his size he's not great in the air, but get it to his feet and he can link play and really make things happen. His awareness of space, his ability to find space and of those around him is excellent.

Think in terms of a lower league version of Teddy Sheringham.
Michael Symes? on 19:24 - Feb 2 with 1360 viewsphomem

Michael Symes? on 19:18 - Feb 2 by Matt_

If you're wanting a target man then Symesy isn't your man, if you try and play it to him as if he's a target man you'll be disappointed. But i'm sure John Coleman knows this.

Symesy is a really classy player if teams play to his strengths, and that's the ball to feet. Despite his size he's not great in the air, but get it to his feet and he can link play and really make things happen. His awareness of space, his ability to find space and of those around him is excellent.

Think in terms of a lower league version of Teddy Sheringham.

cog replacement then
Michael Symes? on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 1343 viewsColDale

I remember when Symes was scrapping with Jason Taylor at Accy when they both got red carded. Even in adversity, Flicker's reaction was to try and placate Symes when he went on the field never wanting to upset a potential signing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024