Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
COG 14:51 - Mar 2 with 3676 viewsofficialdale

is it just me or is anybody excited to see cog back tomorrow? for some reason, it's a lot different to when the likes of lambert and holt returned. no doubt, he'll get a massive cheer and standing ovation. nothing less that he deserves! hope the boo boys don't come out tomorrow!!

.... not to excited to see him on top of his game though.
COG on 14:58 - Mar 2 with 2701 viewsmaybee

Feel exactly the same as when Holt or Lambert came back. Always good to see one of our "own" come back to Spotland. He's almost certain to score though.

He will get a superb welcome I'm sure. That's something we Dale fans can be very proud of. We always welcome former players back (apart from Barry Diamond!!)
COG on 15:08 - Mar 2 with 2667 viewsNotEyreClue

As long as he has a shocker then yes, yes I will be excited to see him back

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

COG on 15:09 - Mar 2 with 2666 viewsShun

I'm quite looking forward to it. COG's one of those players I could watch all day, so I'm also looking forward to seeing the dreamlike grace in his footwork again.
COG on 15:48 - Mar 2 with 2592 viewsToffeemanc

Really looking forward to seeing him play again at Spotland, and hope he gets a great reception from Dale fans as he didn't get the chance to say goodbye when he left. A genuine Dale legend in my eyes and I just hope he doesn't do a Dagnall and blank the Dale fans.
Will be great to see his skills grace spotland again tomorrow, although I'll admit to be very nervous about what he might do to us, especially as it seems he has now learnt how to score with head !!

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

COG on 15:49 - Mar 2 with 2589 viewsChaffRAFC

He should get a fabulous reception from every Dale fan I think. He scored the goal that sent us up and without his superb contribution overall, we'd still be in the Rochdale league.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

COG on 15:58 - Mar 2 with 2570 viewsdingdangblue

With our more solid look now and Wednesday not as good away from home the game has 1-0 O'Grady all over it. The scoreline we gained promotion with could be reversed to help towards our relegation. Welcome back Chris! :-(

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

COG on 16:04 - Mar 2 with 2556 viewsHK_Dale

Hope he has an absolute mare, otherwise we could get tonked a la when Holt was on form for Shrews.
COG on 16:06 - Mar 2 with 2547 viewsSuddenLad

COG on 16:04 - Mar 2 by HK_Dale

Hope he has an absolute mare, otherwise we could get tonked a la when Holt was on form for Shrews.

When Shrews lost you mean? Holty scored a cracker, but went home with zero points.

If COG scores a cracker, and Dale win, I'll settle for that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

COG on 16:07 - Mar 2 with 2543 viewsD_Alien

I'm expecting COG to do the decent thing* and repeat his glaring miss against bury at gigg

* No, I don't mean do us any favours, he's a professional - indeed a consummate one - just expecting that after his steel city derby winner he's due a comedown!

Following the miss, Lowe can score an OG to add to his illustrious list of achievements

1-0 to Dale

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

COG on 16:16 - Mar 2 with 2513 viewsofficialdale

There is one chant that HAS to ring through spotland..

Who scored the goal that sent us up.... Super Chris O'Grady!!!!
COG on 16:46 - Mar 2 with 2450 viewsHK_Dale

COG on 16:06 - Mar 2 by SuddenLad

When Shrews lost you mean? Holty scored a cracker, but went home with zero points.

If COG scores a cracker, and Dale win, I'll settle for that.

Fair point... many brain cells lost since then...
COG on 17:11 - Mar 2 with 2409 viewsColDale

another former Dale player will be making his first ever appearance at Spotland in a first team game this weekend fourteen years after we let him go.
COG on 17:16 - Mar 2 with 2397 viewsDale_Iain

COG on 17:11 - Mar 2 by ColDale

another former Dale player will be making his first ever appearance at Spotland in a first team game this weekend fourteen years after we let him go.

Bywater?
COG on 17:23 - Mar 2 with 2379 viewsofficialdale

COG on 17:16 - Mar 2 by Dale_Iain

Bywater?

Ye I'm sure?

Rochdale born lad
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
COG on 17:26 - Mar 2 with 2369 viewsolympicdale

COG on 16:16 - Mar 2 by officialdale

There is one chant that HAS to ring through spotland..

Who scored the goal that sent us up.... Super Chris O'Grady!!!!

a chant about a former player, only at Dale. I'm looking forward to cheering on OUR players and OUR team, was a fan of COG when he was here, but he's gone now, wont boo him but i wouldnt clap him either.

Life is a game of fate.

COG on 17:34 - Mar 2 with 2349 viewsofficialdale

COG on 17:26 - Mar 2 by olympicdale

a chant about a former player, only at Dale. I'm looking forward to cheering on OUR players and OUR team, was a fan of COG when he was here, but he's gone now, wont boo him but i wouldnt clap him either.

knew there would be one
COG on 17:43 - Mar 2 with 2332 viewssweetcorn

COG on 17:34 - Mar 2 by officialdale

knew there would be one

Make that two. Never understood the kindness we show our former players, how can you possibly suggest a chant for a former player when we can't even muster one up for our own players. probably not what you want to hear, but the truth.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

COG on 17:52 - Mar 2 with 2323 viewsDale_Iain

COG on 17:43 - Mar 2 by sweetcorn

Make that two. Never understood the kindness we show our former players, how can you possibly suggest a chant for a former player when we can't even muster one up for our own players. probably not what you want to hear, but the truth.

Completely see where you're coming from there, but I think in this case, with him playing such a massive part in the only promotion we've had in 40 years, he deserves it.

Plus, it could even help us psychologically. He'll obviously be going out on the pitch with a totally professional mindset, but then if he feels a load of love and affection (not in a gay way) coming down from the stands, then subconsciously will he be as committed to hurting us?
COG on 18:01 - Mar 2 with 2307 viewssweetcorn

COG on 17:52 - Mar 2 by Dale_Iain

Completely see where you're coming from there, but I think in this case, with him playing such a massive part in the only promotion we've had in 40 years, he deserves it.

Plus, it could even help us psychologically. He'll obviously be going out on the pitch with a totally professional mindset, but then if he feels a load of love and affection (not in a gay way) coming down from the stands, then subconsciously will he be as committed to hurting us?

Oh I know that, COG is one of my favourite dale players of all time and no one was as disappointed to see him go as myself and i do put most of our misfortunes down to Chris leaving and have no doubt we would be alot more healthy with him in the side and he features in my rochdale XI. But the part that grinds me is how people come on here saying how they will clap and chant for him, but i really doubt they put this much enthusiasm into supporting the lads on a saturday.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

COG on 18:15 - Mar 2 with 2284 viewsDale_Iain

COG on 18:01 - Mar 2 by sweetcorn

Oh I know that, COG is one of my favourite dale players of all time and no one was as disappointed to see him go as myself and i do put most of our misfortunes down to Chris leaving and have no doubt we would be alot more healthy with him in the side and he features in my rochdale XI. But the part that grinds me is how people come on here saying how they will clap and chant for him, but i really doubt they put this much enthusiasm into supporting the lads on a saturday.

Well yeah I totally agree with your last sentence there. Hopefully more people will get behind them tomorrow, what with it being a more 'glamorous' fixture, and in response to the atmosphere coming from the away end.

I think it's important to give O'Grady a good 'welcome back' tomorrow, but much more important to get behind the team and make some noise, as you say.
COG on 18:33 - Mar 2 with 2261 viewsolympicdale

COG on 17:52 - Mar 2 by Dale_Iain

It is nothing against COG and what he did, I have every respect for what he did, I think hes rightfully a club legend, but once they go, we move on, and we support our own players. Finding time to chant to an opposition player, when someone like JK doesnt even have one isnt right.

Life is a game of fate.

COG on 18:44 - Mar 2 with 2246 views442Dale

Never have a problem with ex players doing well against us. Of course I want Dale to win but a goal from COG is no bad thing.

Former players always get good receptions now and long may it continue, but I still shudder at the treatment Joe Cooke received in 87.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

COG on 19:04 - Mar 2 with 2216 viewsdavidab2202

COG on 17:11 - Mar 2 by ColDale

Bywater--let him go?? My recollection was that we received a huge fee for what was little more then a boy when he went to West Ham
COG on 19:05 - Mar 2 with 2212 views442Dale

COG on 19:04 - Mar 2 by davidab2202

Bywater--let him go?? My recollection was that we received a huge fee for what was little more then a boy when he went to West Ham

He was rubbish in the reserves as well.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

COG on 19:25 - Mar 2 with 2179 viewsdingdangblue

COG on 19:05 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

He was rubbish in the reserves as well.

I always thought he'd make a better Coach.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024