Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obadeyi 12:16 - Mar 18 with 4355 viewsJorDale

Brought nothing to the game yesterday, even though we won !
He has amazing pace but apart from that?
Obadeyi on 12:19 - Mar 18 with 3080 viewsSuddenLad

As discussed on an earlier thread, he improved as the game went on. He played some neat inter-passing between team mates, set up Andrew Tutte for what would have been a super goal but for a top-notch save from Cisak, and then nearly scored a blinder himself with a stinging shot that the goalie did well to parry.

You need to pay attention.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Obadeyi on 12:20 - Mar 18 with 3067 viewsRalphs12

Got to remember he wont be that match fit, hes getting to grips with the team and he looks shot of confidence. Did alright imo.
Obadeyi on 12:22 - Mar 18 with 3056 viewsJorDale

Very frustrating as he looked dangerous on several occasions and ran it out of play!
Obadeyi on 12:27 - Mar 18 with 3037 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Obadeyi on 12:22 - Mar 18 by JorDale

Very frustrating as he looked dangerous on several occasions and ran it out of play!

That's what you do when you are so rapid!
Obadeyi on 12:31 - Mar 18 with 3025 viewsmacro

Pace though means defenders have to commit or stand off which causes problems
Obadeyi on 12:36 - Mar 18 with 3003 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Looked very dominant on the pitch yesterday the biffo players must of though they were coming up against a tank on the pitch

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Obadeyi on 12:52 - Mar 18 with 2976 viewshitman

He was S H I T E !!!! not much else to sat realy
Obadeyi on 12:55 - Mar 18 with 2962 viewsIcelandDale

Obadeyi on 12:52 - Mar 18 by hitman

Thanks for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Obadeyi on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 2940 viewshitman

Obadeyi on 12:55 - Mar 18 by IcelandDale

Thanks for that.

your very welcome
Obadeyi on 13:29 - Mar 18 with 2883 viewssweetcorn

fruitful comments as ever.

I would say he brought an element of danger to the team, as he has the sort of pace that could really hurt a side. yes he ran it out a couple of times, but he also nearly set up 2 goals and nearly finished what would have been an amazing solo effort. Apart from his pace, he also has a bit of skill.

He did more yesterday than what adams has done since the bury game. starts on tuesday for me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Obadeyi on 13:41 - Mar 18 with 2858 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Obadeyi on 13:29 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

fruitful comments as ever.

I would say he brought an element of danger to the team, as he has the sort of pace that could really hurt a side. yes he ran it out a couple of times, but he also nearly set up 2 goals and nearly finished what would have been an amazing solo effort. Apart from his pace, he also has a bit of skill.

He did more yesterday than what adams has done since the bury game. starts on tuesday for me.

He got the ball up the pitch quickly, rather than the inane passing which the centre half had to touch 7 times before we move over the half way line.

The lad also had a shot deflected just wide.

He may be our modern day Andy Milner, frustrating as hell, but will make things happen!

Lets get behind the lad, he is an option that has been sadly lacking for most of the season.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Obadeyi on 13:44 - Mar 18 with 2849 viewsColDale

well it was a great win given we clearly played with ten men, similar to the way we effectively got promoted with ten men given Joey T's inclusion in the team that season.
Obadeyi on 13:50 - Mar 18 with 2838 viewsTVOS1907

Very harsh, Hitman.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Obadeyi on 14:04 - Mar 18 with 2818 viewshitman

Obadeyi on 13:50 - Mar 18 by TVOS1907

Very harsh, Hitman.

he had some good runs, but on 3 occasions he could have crossed the ball in the middle, 1 were symes was screaming for it! what did he he do' got tackled twice and run the ball out of play'
we will see what tuesday night brings, hopefully he will make me eat my words.
Obadeyi on 14:20 - Mar 18 with 2798 viewsD_Alien

Coleman obviously thinks he brings something to the team which has been lacking

Yes, it'll take him a game or two to get used to playing competitively, but he was clearing hurting Oldham in that he drew at least two of their defenders across to cover him whenever he got the ball. he also found space very well, which stretched their defence, even if he hasn't yet got the confidence to use it to best effect

Anyone who can't see what a major advantage that is to the side simply doesn't understand football

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Obadeyi on 14:35 - Mar 18 with 2770 viewsShun

He was not shite in the slightest. He played well. Much better than Adams has been playing of late.

As macro hinted at, he has pace, and no matter what he does with that pace it's one ability that always scares defenders. I'd start him on Tuesday definitely.
Obadeyi on 14:39 - Mar 18 with 2760 viewsRotherhamDale

He has pace... and that's about it. His pitiful attempts at tracking back and tackling were embarrassing. And before anybody starts saying 'he's a winger, it's not his job', we're in a relegation fight. 11 battlers are needed on the pitch and there's no room for passengers.
As soon as Akpro is back fit, he starts.

Possession with progression.

Obadeyi on 14:42 - Mar 18 with 2755 viewsMoonyDale

Thought he did ok for a first start, he is clearly a fast big individual and he will cause problems for defenders..Good close control and he almost scored himself after some tricky work just outside the box, once he beds himself into the side he should be fine...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Obadeyi on 15:16 - Mar 18 with 2723 viewsDorsetDale

Obadeyi on 14:39 - Mar 18 by RotherhamDale

He has pace... and that's about it. His pitiful attempts at tracking back and tackling were embarrassing. And before anybody starts saying 'he's a winger, it's not his job', we're in a relegation fight. 11 battlers are needed on the pitch and there's no room for passengers.
As soon as Akpro is back fit, he starts.

I understand where you're coming from but have to agree with others in that it's pace that scares defenders as much as ability.

Our defence is a much better unit also which makes it less likely we are going to get hurt simply because wingers don't backtrack.

Someone of his pace should stay upfield in case of quick breaks and can latch on to loose balls. Also means their defenders stay back as well and can't support their midfield quite so efficiently.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Obadeyi on 15:24 - Mar 18 with 2704 viewsSaxonDale

One of the positives about Obadeyi as has been mentioned is his pace. Defences will have to drop 10 or so yards deeper to limit the open space behind them for him to exploit, meaning that a back to goal striker like Symes will have much more success as seen yesterday.
Obadeyi on 16:39 - Mar 18 with 2648 viewsaleanddale

Half decent debut in his second spell.

He has pace and we need that in a midfield thats full of bite but no pace to drive us forward.

If we can get the best out of him now as we approach 3 or 4 winable games he could be the difference in getting us to 5th bottom.

lets get behind the lad - One team Rochdale - Up the Dale.
Obadeyi on 16:45 - Mar 18 with 2636 viewsupthedale

Main positive has to be he's improved from last time! My heart sank when I saw he'd come back - first time round I think he had to be one of the worst loanees I've seen us have, but I thought he had a decent enough game yesterday although personally I'd rather have Adams on the pitch.

Like others say maybe running the ball into a decent area (rather than out of play) will come with match experience and although his tackling wasn't exactly the best, he was making the effort to track back.
Obadeyi on 17:17 - Mar 18 with 2599 viewsD_Dale

Obadeyi on 13:44 - Mar 18 by ColDale

well it was a great win given we clearly played with ten men, similar to the way we effectively got promoted with ten men given Joey T's inclusion in the team that season.

Perhaps a 'rate the players' thread could be added to the News section, to get a wider cross-section of assessments of him, and the others who played yesterday ....
Obadeyi on 18:19 - Mar 18 with 2542 viewsDale_Iain

A lot of things he tried yesterday didn't come off, but for me, the fact that he was trying is a positive. The one thing you demand more than anything is effort, and if you get that from a player then I think you afford him a bit more patience. That's why Jones is still in the team.

Besides, we may not have seen it yet, but he obviously has some ability otherwise a Premiership club wouldn't have kept him on their books all this time.
Obadeyi on 20:18 - Mar 18 with 2435 viewsChaffRAFC

I was genuinely fairly pleased with Temi yesterday. People in the Sandy were slating him and I'm not sure it was warranted on the whole. He always wanted the ball and always gave their full back something to think about. Grimes was frozen out of the game for the most part and did very little but it was Temi on the end of the criticism. Yes, he was frustrating at times but the effort was there and there were glimpses of what he can do. I was one that didn't welcome him back when I heard but I was pleasantly surprised yesterday.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024