Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium. 18:04 - Aug 9 with 129930 viewsted_hendrix

That's where our new ground will be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:34 - Jul 24 with 5908 viewsandrew1302

I really cannot see a new stadium is other than a joke. We can't afford a button let alone a new stadium. I imagine by the end of this season you will be able to buy tickets without any problem in any stand so why on earth would anyone invest in a new stadium?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:39 - Jul 24 with 5882 viewsJuzzie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:34 - Jul 24 by andrew1302

I really cannot see a new stadium is other than a joke. We can't afford a button let alone a new stadium. I imagine by the end of this season you will be able to buy tickets without any problem in any stand so why on earth would anyone invest in a new stadium?

The owners can afford a new stadium because it doesn't come under FFP.

But yes, dwindling crowds and lack of demand for conference venues since C19 won't help speed things along.

Stop paying player's obscene salaries (yes, even at this level) and maybe we don't need to worry about a multi-purpose venue and we can just have an actual football stadium.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:12 - Jul 24 with 5764 viewsdmm

One issue I don't see mentioned much is, if a new stadium was built, who would own it? At this point in time I assume it would substantially be Gnanalingam and the board as they'd have to stump up the money.

I guess the club could have a stake in the new build through investing the proceeds of selling off LR but it would be a big change as we'd effectively become tenants.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:55 - Jul 24 with 5256 viewsQPRConor2000

Talking of the new stadium, didnt we buy some land near Old Oak Common to build housing on, so it would help fund the new stadium a few years ago?

It wouldn't surprise me if the owners brought some land around there big enough to support a new stadium, just like they did for Heston.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 23:07]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:37 - Jul 25 with 5131 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 22:55 - Jul 24 by QPRConor2000

Talking of the new stadium, didnt we buy some land near Old Oak Common to build housing on, so it would help fund the new stadium a few years ago?

It wouldn't surprise me if the owners brought some land around there big enough to support a new stadium, just like they did for Heston.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2023 23:07]

from an article on shepherdsbushW12 website ( https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shared:common:hfoldoak012):

"Queens Park Rangers Football Club and Genesis Housing Assocation have been given the go ahead to build a new housing development called Oaklands, described as a £175 million mixed use regeneration project, on the western edge of the Old Oak area.

The Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, OPDC has approved its first planning application this week, giving QPR and Genesis Housing Association the go-ahead for Oaklands, on a currently derelict site at the top of Old Oak Common Lane in Hammersmith & Fulham.

The scheme will create 605 new homes, 40% of which will be affordable, and a new creative neighbourhood expected to attract companies from the new high tech economy providing hundreds of new jobs.
Genesis and QPR have agreed to work together to deliver the first major development in the regeneration area.

In their announcement, QPR make it clear that they see this development as a step towards building a new stadium in Old Oak Park, saying they have other strategic land interests in Old Oak and would like to build a new stadium as part of the wider development, providing a new home for the club.
..............................."

This goes back 2016,

And the website: https://www.nhg.org.uk/building-homes/developments/oaklands-old-oak-common/

Oaklands, Old Oak Common - Oaklands Rise
"We worked in partnership with Queens Park Rangers to deliver Oaklands Rise, the first regeneration site at Old Oak Common in west London, home to the UK’s largest regeneration scheme."

Anyone knows if this development is completed?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 04:59 - Jul 25 with 5057 viewsSydneyRs

Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:37 - Jul 25 by Hoopsie

from an article on shepherdsbushW12 website ( https://www.shepherdsbushw12.com/#!pages/shared:common:hfoldoak012):

"Queens Park Rangers Football Club and Genesis Housing Assocation have been given the go ahead to build a new housing development called Oaklands, described as a £175 million mixed use regeneration project, on the western edge of the Old Oak area.

The Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, OPDC has approved its first planning application this week, giving QPR and Genesis Housing Association the go-ahead for Oaklands, on a currently derelict site at the top of Old Oak Common Lane in Hammersmith & Fulham.

The scheme will create 605 new homes, 40% of which will be affordable, and a new creative neighbourhood expected to attract companies from the new high tech economy providing hundreds of new jobs.
Genesis and QPR have agreed to work together to deliver the first major development in the regeneration area.

In their announcement, QPR make it clear that they see this development as a step towards building a new stadium in Old Oak Park, saying they have other strategic land interests in Old Oak and would like to build a new stadium as part of the wider development, providing a new home for the club.
..............................."

This goes back 2016,

And the website: https://www.nhg.org.uk/building-homes/developments/oaklands-old-oak-common/

Oaklands, Old Oak Common - Oaklands Rise
"We worked in partnership with Queens Park Rangers to deliver Oaklands Rise, the first regeneration site at Old Oak Common in west London, home to the UK’s largest regeneration scheme."

Anyone knows if this development is completed?

From what I can see from a bit of googling it does look either completed or close to completed.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Jul 25 with 4899 viewsNorthantsHoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 02:04 - Jul 22 by Hoopsie

I really hope the owners do a “Heston” on the stadium, suddenly they bought the land some where close by to LR out of no where. I think a lot of us were taken by surprise after a decade slog with no end result on Warren Farm, then Heston happened. We own and not a lease that would be WF.

My wishful thinking. 💭

Sort of feel that this will be the way it happens, very similar to how Heston came about.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:05 - Jul 25 with 4730 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Jul 25 by NorthantsHoop

Sort of feel that this will be the way it happens, very similar to how Heston came about.

I think the same too, recon the owners will end up buying some land in OOC and end up building the new stadium there, tbf a 13 acre site might be fine for a new stadium

Old Oak Common is going to be a big development area in the coming years with HS2 set to have a station there, so we might as well go in now.

I recon our new stadium might actually end up in Old Oak Common after all, despite what a certain company called Cargiant says.

In fact, the old oak common development cooperation removed Cargiants plans from the development, so potentially there is a chance here for us to buy land if we want it.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:04]
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:24 - Jul 25 with 4544 viewsHoopsie

It will be great if we could own it fully not a lease, but 8 years of silence after the initial excitement I wonder if we are is still in it?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:41 - Jul 25 with 4478 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:24 - Jul 25 by Hoopsie

It will be great if we could own it fully not a lease, but 8 years of silence after the initial excitement I wonder if we are is still in it?

I wonder too, the proposed stadium sat on land owned by Cargiant, and we know that they played hardball didnt they and refused to sell?

Perhaps we have gone back in for it?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 23:09 - Jul 25 with 4130 viewsNewBee

Linford Christie Stadium. on 23:30 - Jul 21 by QPR_Jim

The last bit about ownership I think that's what the key issue is at the Linford Christie Stadium.

Club would want a long lease like the warren farm set up where they build the stadium for private use tailored to QPR and provide some community use (although at LC there would be limited space for much else)

I think it was reported that the council wanted QPR as a tenant which means some council built stadium, probably with a running track, certainly adding a rent to our FFP calculations. Completely unviable to anyone with a working knowledge of how FFP works and how we need control to generate non-matchday revenues etc so obviously what the council are trying to force. Hence the council framing the long lease with QPR giving some community function as giving land away to rich owners rather than securing the future of a community asset.

"... we need control to generate non-matchday revenues etc"

No offence, but out of all the new stadia which have been built, or substantially re-built, in the post Taylor Report era, how many actually do generate significant non-matchday revenues?

We keep hearing fans talk about this (not just QPR), but unless someone can demonstrate to me otherwise, I don't believe it actually happens very much, if at all*.

* - OK, I'll give you Spurs - easy enough if you've a billion quid to spare.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 00:11 - Jul 26 with 4008 viewsCateLeBonR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:05 - Jul 25 by QPRConor2000

I think the same too, recon the owners will end up buying some land in OOC and end up building the new stadium there, tbf a 13 acre site might be fine for a new stadium

Old Oak Common is going to be a big development area in the coming years with HS2 set to have a station there, so we might as well go in now.

I recon our new stadium might actually end up in Old Oak Common after all, despite what a certain company called Cargiant says.

In fact, the old oak common development cooperation removed Cargiants plans from the development, so potentially there is a chance here for us to buy land if we want it.

[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 19:04]

Here it is.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Old%20Oak%20Common%20Elizabeth%20Line%20Depot&am
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 0:11]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:47 - Jul 26 with 3928 viewsHoopsie

Oaklands Rise
Location Old Oak Common, London
Client Notting Hill Genesis Housing Association (NHG) | Queens Park Rangers FC (QPR)
Content 605 Residential Units (40% Affordable and 60% PRS) | 3,500m² Commercial
Status Built

<Above, from the architects CZWG website, the development is completed>

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:29 - Jul 30 with 3415 viewsHoopsie

https://calfordseaden.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road/

Has anyone seen this? Just wondering what happened to the feasibility study, never been brought up by the club why this didn’t go ahead?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:29 - Jul 30 with 3256 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:29 - Jul 30 by Hoopsie

Has anyone seen this? Just wondering what happened to the feasibility study, never been brought up by the club why this didn’t go ahead?

I saw this as well, my guess is that it might be purely down to the club keeping their options open at the time.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:20 - Jul 30 with 3155 viewsMedwayR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:29 - Jul 30 by Hoopsie

Probably because that had nothing to do with the club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:28 - Jul 30 with 3130 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:20 - Jul 30 by MedwayR

Probably because that had nothing to do with the club.

You are probably right but conducting “speculative” feasible study by a property and construction consultancy firm collaborating with an architect firm, those time and resources spent is going to cost someone some serious monies. They wouldn’t do it to impress the club, would they?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:37 - Jul 30 with 3098 viewsfrancisbowles

Reading that, I think they are having a laugh.

'You can't squeeze a quart into a pint pot'.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:19 - Jul 30 with 2976 viewsEsox_Lucius

With the ULEZ expansion and rising congestion charges in the offing it might be time to head out past Hillingdon to stay in the west and still attract fans who can afford tickets?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 16:17]

The grass is always greener.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 19:08 - Jul 30 with 2696 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:19 - Jul 30 by Esox_Lucius

With the ULEZ expansion and rising congestion charges in the offing it might be time to head out past Hillingdon to stay in the west and still attract fans who can afford tickets?
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 16:17]

ULEZ will end up not lasting long, or end up being deemed unenforceable, many wont pay it and it will end up going down the way of the poll tax.

As for the stadium, I could see Ealing/Acton perhaps being the area we settle on, I think options next to W12 should be considered if there are any possible sites.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:13 - Aug 8 with 2281 viewsWegerles_Stairs

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/3621049/albions-595m-contribution-to-
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:26 - Aug 8 with 2202 viewsHoopstar

Truly am envious of Brighton - an example of how to go about it right. I don't live too far away from the Amex, bit out of the way but has good transport links and is a great stadium in my opinion.

Only 20 or so years since we had the Andy Thomson/Bobby Zamora top scorer showdown in League One. How far Brighton have come in the interim period, admittedly with very little other local competition, further highlights our own failings as a club.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:39 - Aug 8 with 4800 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:26 - Aug 8 by Hoopstar

Truly am envious of Brighton - an example of how to go about it right. I don't live too far away from the Amex, bit out of the way but has good transport links and is a great stadium in my opinion.

Only 20 or so years since we had the Andy Thomson/Bobby Zamora top scorer showdown in League One. How far Brighton have come in the interim period, admittedly with very little other local competition, further highlights our own failings as a club.

I'm certainly critical of the clown show's approach to acquiring a new ground over the last decade but that figure is staggering - £595m. You see Brighton shirts all over Sussex now too. Just goes to show what's possible - H&F Council should hang their heads in shame.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2023 11:40]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 4771 viewsHayesender

Funny lot down here in Sussex. Man utd, Liverpool, and Chelsea shirts everywhere, yet when Brighton were in the semi final a few months ago, they all seemed to swap their shirts to Brighton for the day.

Even the man utd lot, and they were playing them. Fcking weird

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:00 - Aug 8 with 4664 viewsA40Bosh

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:53 - Jul 23 by dutch

God I hope not. I support a London team not one in the boondocks. Have no idea how to get to Ruislip and don't want to find out. That would be like leaving Mayfair to live in Macclesfield. In W12 we stay. (O maybe W111. Or 10)

I know it was probably meant in jest but getting to “Ruislip” will be the least of your problems.

One of the best served areas of ‘west London’ in terms of public transport.
Central Line to one of 3 Ruislip based stations within 18 mins from White City.
Met and Piccadilly lines out to Eastcote, Ruislip Manor, Ruislip stations. You also have the Chiltern line from Marylebone calling at two Ruislip stations.

And then there are the many bus services.

As I said that will be the least of your problems. You think LBH&F are difficult to deal with, wait until you take on LB Hillingdon for planning.

Anyway we have our own local team in Ruislip Manor now who will be in League Two in a few years and we won’t want you cockney yobs moving your tin pot club out to Middlesex darling. (Just practicing for when I lose the plot when we get relegated and start supporting Wealdstone next season)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024