Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium. 18:04 - Aug 9 with 129927 viewsted_hendrix

That's where our new ground will be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:40 - Aug 13 with 2711 viewsCamberleyR

I think we need to face up to the fact that other than the LCS site, which I personally think now is unattainable anyway for all the myriad reasons mentioned before, the ship has sailed for finding another site in the W12 postcode area.

I wouldn't be unhappy in moving to another W postcode whether that be W3, W9 or W10 if we're within a couple of miles of our spiritual home.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 2579 viewsnadera78

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:21 - Aug 11 by QPRConor2000

Im just looking at Rotherham's ground and when they moved to their new stadium in 2012, it cost them around £17m to build a 12,000 seat stadium which is £1,414 per seat.

Brighton's ground when it was opened a year earlier in 2011, it cost them £93m, at the time it held 22,000, which is around £4,227 per seat

We also have 8k season ticket holders at Loftus Road, and we dont have any waiting lists ether I dont think, which tells me we probably dont need 30k capacity.

So the issue isnt about capacity, its about generating non-matchday income, which if we do move, we can do.

I recon we will do something similar to when we brought Heston, we buy a plot of land and we use it to develop a new stadium on it.

[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 15:46]

Just on the capacity thing, the reason we don't sell out is that Loftus Rd is, unfortunately, not a great place to watch football. We have 18,000 seats and a good 3-4,000 of those have a limited view of the pitch which means they only sell when there's no other option. Then there's the lack of leg room, terrible food and drink options, etc, etc. I have no doubt whatsoever that with a better stadium we'd sell more tickets, even with a mid-table championship team. I can't think of a single club that has built a new stadium and not seen a significant increase in attendances - maybe Coventry but that's a completely different scenario. People want, in fact demand, better facilities than Loftus Rd offers.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:13 - Aug 13 with 2408 viewscolinallcars

Linford Christie Stadium. on 17:00 - Aug 13 by nadera78

Just on the capacity thing, the reason we don't sell out is that Loftus Rd is, unfortunately, not a great place to watch football. We have 18,000 seats and a good 3-4,000 of those have a limited view of the pitch which means they only sell when there's no other option. Then there's the lack of leg room, terrible food and drink options, etc, etc. I have no doubt whatsoever that with a better stadium we'd sell more tickets, even with a mid-table championship team. I can't think of a single club that has built a new stadium and not seen a significant increase in attendances - maybe Coventry but that's a completely different scenario. People want, in fact demand, better facilities than Loftus Rd offers.

I've mentioned Colchester a few times way back near the start of this thread. They moved out of town and now play in a stadium hard by the A12. Nothing for miles around apart from a petrol station on the other side of the A12. You have to get a shuttle bus from central Colchester.
I haven't checked but I'd he surprised if they've a rise in attendances.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:43 - Aug 13 with 2349 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:13 - Aug 13 by colinallcars

I've mentioned Colchester a few times way back near the start of this thread. They moved out of town and now play in a stadium hard by the A12. Nothing for miles around apart from a petrol station on the other side of the A12. You have to get a shuttle bus from central Colchester.
I haven't checked but I'd he surprised if they've a rise in attendances.

Since theyve moved, the average attendance hasn't changed, in fact attendances have gone down slightly.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/colchester-united/besucherzahlenentwicklung/vere
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:23 - Aug 14 with 2057 viewsQPRConor2000

At the moment, the club gets £22m per year in revenue, and we lost £24m last year.

So the need to generate extra revenue is paramount.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:29 - Aug 14 with 2036 viewsdmm

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:23 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

At the moment, the club gets £22m per year in revenue, and we lost £24m last year.

So the need to generate extra revenue is paramount.

I thought it was worse than that as the owners have to put in £2m a month to keep us afloat.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 1991 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:29 - Aug 14 by dmm

I thought it was worse than that as the owners have to put in £2m a month to keep us afloat.

£2m a month pumped in to balance the books would equate to a £24m loss?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 1972 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:29 - Aug 14 by dmm

£24m net loss. So £46m in outgoings, reduced to a £24m loss by £22m revenue. Equals £2m per month.

Although isn't that £24m an outlier from overspending relative to surrounding years? And this season we won't lose anywhere near that much?
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:21 - Aug 14 with 1895 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paradoxically, last night attendance for Getafe vs Barcelona was just over 13k. If it isn't watching the top teams play, what is the attraction needed to draw a crowd? facilities?

The grass is always greener.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:05 - Aug 14 with 1795 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:21 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

Paradoxically, last night attendance for Getafe vs Barcelona was just over 13k. If it isn't watching the top teams play, what is the attraction needed to draw a crowd? facilities?

I would imagine so, or it could be the fact that they are playing the La Liga Champions.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 12:05]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:23 - Aug 14 with 1717 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Linford Christie Stadium. on 11:21 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

Their capacity is only 17,000 and they are the third team in Madrid, but yes, surprising that it wasn't full, particularly for the first match of the season. However, their style of football isn't particularly easy on the eye.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:36 - Aug 14 with 1669 viewsQPRConor2000

There's one ground im just looking at and thats Grosvenor Vale in Ruislip, which is home to Wealdstone FC who play in the National League, the stadium currently holds 4000, but there are areas around it which make it a 10.40 acre site.

Surely we could form some kind of partnership with them, and build a new ground there, which both teams use.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:38 - Aug 14 with 1654 viewsSydneyRs

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:36 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

There's one ground im just looking at and thats Grosvenor Vale in Ruislip, which is home to Wealdstone FC who play in the National League, the stadium currently holds 4000, but there are areas around it which make it a 10.40 acre site.

Surely we could form some kind of partnership with them, and build a new ground there, which both teams use.

I imagine the NIMBYs would be out in force there if such a thing was proposed. The idea isn't a terrible one though.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:42 - Aug 14 with 1626 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:38 - Aug 14 by SydneyRs

I imagine the NIMBYs would be out in force there if such a thing was proposed. The idea isn't a terrible one though.

The NIMBYs of course will moan, like they always do, but I think if we can get Wealdstone on board, then it might probably tempt them.

It could be an option, but it would require goodwill on all sides.

[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 12:58]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:51 - Aug 14 with 1568 viewsCateLeBonR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:36 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

If we did have to move to the outskirts then this would be my preferred location. However I’d imagine it would be to Wealdstone’s detriment so I doubt they’d go along with it. Quite plausible that they could be playing in the league below us next season.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:57 - Aug 14 with 1519 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:51 - Aug 14 by CateLeBonR

If we did have to move to the outskirts then this would be my preferred location. However I’d imagine it would be to Wealdstone’s detriment so I doubt they’d go along with it. Quite plausible that they could be playing in the league below us next season.

Im sure we would have to work with them to find an alternative place for them, but it would be a challenge.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 13:02]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:59 - Aug 14 with 1491 viewsNorthernr

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:57 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

Im sure we would have to work with them to find an alternative place for them, but it would be a challenge.

You can tell them.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:03 - Aug 14 with 1453 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:59 - Aug 14 by Northernr

You can tell them.

Weadstone actually rent their site from someone else, so it probably complicates things a bit.

And they are after a permament home as well, so maybe it could come up in future.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 13:10]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 1420 viewsdmm

Ruislip? Bloody boring suburban Ruislip?! That's 10 miles away from LR. No way thank you very much!
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:20 - Aug 14 with 1357 viewsCamberleyR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:13 - Aug 14 by dmm

Ruislip? Bloody boring suburban Ruislip?! That's 10 miles away from LR. No way thank you very much!

10 miles would be a no from me as well even if it had decent public transport links.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:26 - Aug 14 with 1334 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:20 - Aug 14 by CamberleyR

10 miles would be a no from me as well even if it had decent public transport links.

Right thats crossed off the list then...
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 1299 viewsNorthantsHoop

All options need to be considered, not convinced Ruislip would be an option can't see locals going for a 20k plus stadium in middle class suburbia. Never know the HS2 stalling around Old Oak area may free up some space, although maybe I'm totally off the pace with that.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 3431 viewsQPRConor2000

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:31 - Aug 14 by NorthantsHoop

All options need to be considered, not convinced Ruislip would be an option can't see locals going for a 20k plus stadium in middle class suburbia. Never know the HS2 stalling around Old Oak area may free up some space, although maybe I'm totally off the pace with that.

Can see Old Oak coming up as a potential option again.

I think Cargiant was withdrawn from one of the big developments in that area, so it could be an option again.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 3414 viewsA40Bosh

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:57 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

Working with Wealdstone would be the least of our problems.

Living 1 mile away I pop down there 2 or 3 times a season with a mate who has a couple of season tickets. Having just measured the site compared to current LF footprint it surprised how big that plot is. a bigger LR would easily fit in there.

However, I cannot for the life of me think of any way that Hillingdon planning authority would allow a major football stadium in the middle of a residential area, with very limited on street parking on narrow roads.

Unless Hillingdon see it as a bonus to have an actual football club in the borough it just wont happen.

Walk back to Ruislip station has a rat run alleyway I would imagine the old bill and H&S would say would be a no go and I would imagine every single bungalow owner between the site and Ruislip/Ruislip Manor would be registering a protest the minute any planning discussion went live

Won't ever happen, so those who would hate the idea needn't worry!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:40 - Aug 14 with 3409 viewsRs_Holy

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:37 - Aug 14 by QPRConor2000

Can see Old Oak coming up as a potential option again.

I think Cargiant was withdrawn from one of the big developments in that area, so it could be an option again.

email Lee Hoos
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024