Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium. 18:04 - Aug 9 with 129928 viewsted_hendrix

That's where our new ground will be.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:11 - Aug 9 with 3131 viewsfrancisbowles

Linford Christie Stadium. on 15:16 - Aug 9 by Boston

I believe there are always tourists at home games. Couldn't say how many but I regularly hear (when I'm in attendance perched up in SAR B Block), American accents. Often chat to them, they mainly seem to be from the North Eastern states.

As you probably know most of the 'Trump sheep' in the middle don't have passports.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 19:58 - Aug 9 with 2979 viewsNewBee

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:12 - Aug 9 by SydneyRs

One club towns, very different story to trying to do this in London.

Not only that, but one club counties (if you exclude Chesterfield FC/Derbyshire).

And Derbyshire has a population of just over 1m, while Leicestershire's is just under 700k.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 20:28 - Aug 9 with 2924 viewsWilly_WonkR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 19:58 - Aug 9 by NewBee

Not only that, but one club counties (if you exclude Chesterfield FC/Derbyshire).

And Derbyshire has a population of just over 1m, while Leicestershire's is just under 700k.

You can definitely discount Chesterfield from the Derby catchment. Far more Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed fans here than Derby. Chesterfield have a good base too.
We even have a Sheffield postcode.
You don’t have to go far though. My son is at school in Matlock and his mates are all Derby and Forest fans.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 00:57 - Aug 10 with 2695 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium. on 20:28 - Aug 9 by Willy_WonkR

You can definitely discount Chesterfield from the Derby catchment. Far more Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed fans here than Derby. Chesterfield have a good base too.
We even have a Sheffield postcode.
You don’t have to go far though. My son is at school in Matlock and his mates are all Derby and Forest fans.

The Scoreboard Paddock (when it was a terrace) at Old Trafford, was Derbyshire. You'd clearly hear 'DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE, DERBYSHIRE,' ringing out when we were up there.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:18 - Aug 10 with 2680 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:11 - Aug 9 by francisbowles

As you probably know most of the 'Trump sheep' in the middle don't have passports.

Will you be in for a lever if you mix with sports fans.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 07:45 - Aug 10 with 2512 viewsQPR_Jim

I think our best bet would be to go back to Car Giant, their land is no longer part of the OOC development area. I think that means that residential development is off the table so perhaps they'd be open to a deal if it was commercially viable for them.

If car giant would sell the buildings along Hythe Rd as you enter the site and use some of the money to rebuild some of their other buildings to replace the capacity to cover the lost buildings. We could fit a stadium there if we re-aligned the road to the north of the site. To appease planning we could extend the canal footpath along the site and put a bridge over to the new station which would probably increase the value of the rest of car giants land.

Now I appreciate that they don't like our owners but on a commercial level they'd be offloading some pretty run down looking buildings and increasing the value of the rest of their land. If we were to lease it back to them after purchase while they got their operations moved, it really would be win-win.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:25 - Aug 10 with 2428 viewsdmm

Linford Christie Stadium. on 07:45 - Aug 10 by QPR_Jim

I think our best bet would be to go back to Car Giant, their land is no longer part of the OOC development area. I think that means that residential development is off the table so perhaps they'd be open to a deal if it was commercially viable for them.

If car giant would sell the buildings along Hythe Rd as you enter the site and use some of the money to rebuild some of their other buildings to replace the capacity to cover the lost buildings. We could fit a stadium there if we re-aligned the road to the north of the site. To appease planning we could extend the canal footpath along the site and put a bridge over to the new station which would probably increase the value of the rest of car giants land.

Now I appreciate that they don't like our owners but on a commercial level they'd be offloading some pretty run down looking buildings and increasing the value of the rest of their land. If we were to lease it back to them after purchase while they got their operations moved, it really would be win-win.

I like your thinking, John. I'm sure it was essentially Fernandes who put Car Giant's back up so now he's gone perhaps they might be a bit more amenable toward us?

Also, the owners have housing in this area, don't they? Could that not play a part in negotiations?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:50 - Aug 10 with 2376 viewsfrancisbowles

Linford Christie Stadium. on 01:18 - Aug 10 by Boston

Will you be in for a lever if you mix with sports fans.

You've lost me there mate. I've visited the States hundreds of times but not since the orange one was elected in 2016. What's a lever?
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Aug 10 with 2319 viewskernowhoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 18:11 - Aug 9 by francisbowles

63 per cent of Americans do not have a passport.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:24 - Aug 10 with 2281 viewsLanhoop

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:08 - Aug 10 by kernowhoop

63 per cent of Americans do not have a passport.

And most of Europe wishes the other 37% didn’t either
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 9:24]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 2189 viewsfrancisbowles

Linford Christie Stadium. on 09:24 - Aug 10 by Lanhoop

And most of Europe wishes the other 37% didn’t either
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 9:24]

Apart from when they're spending their dollars in the economies.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 11:49]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:09 - Aug 10 with 2039 viewsQPRConor2000

Have we thought of perhaps developing a smaller venue on the current site?

I think the problem is not the capacity, but rather we dont get any non-matchday income, so perhaps we move away for a season or two, and then come back to a more modern ground seating 15k, with 2k seats for VIPs etc.

Maybe thats what Amit and others are thinking of doing?
Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:57 - Aug 10 with 1922 viewsJuzzie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:09 - Aug 10 by QPRConor2000

I think the problem is not the capacity, but rather we dont get any non-matchday income, so perhaps we move away for a season or two, and then come back to a more modern ground seating 15k, with 2k seats for VIPs etc.

This too has been discussed a lot. On other threads of the same topic in the past and possibly earlier on in this thread.

Yes, it is possible but, as you say, our capacity will be reduced to circa 15k. Not sure how that would be viable long term, we'd be pretty much 4th in the west (of) London clubs.

Secondly, as I've said before, we have got to stop looking at this continual goose>golden egg that is "non match day income". Let's say we are able to expand on that from it's current paltry income and it gives us circa £1m a season. What then happens when player salaries keep going up and that £1m is no longer enough to contribute/cover it any more? All avenues are then exhausted.
Stop paying these fukkers the obscene amounts of money they get paid. Just stop it.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:01 - Aug 10 with 1887 viewsMedwayR

Linford Christie Stadium. on 12:09 - Aug 10 by QPRConor2000

If we can get the land the school sits on behind the school end this might be what we end up doing, rebuilding with a similar capacity but with the added income from a more efficient build plus extra facilities. It might end up being our only option.

Poll: Who’s better?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:16 - Aug 10 with 1837 viewsHoopsie

Isn’t there a report Brighton’s stadium contributed to half a billion (actually £595 m) to the local economy? Brighton, population about 277,000 (actually includes Hove)

By comparison, considering our West London locality (W12 postcode) population about 545,000 (out of London metropolitan population of about 9.5 million) how much would that translate?

As if!
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 13:27]

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:27 - Aug 10 with 1797 viewsTK1

Linford Christie Stadium. on 07:45 - Aug 10 by QPR_Jim

This has always been the best site for a new stadium, and it probably remains the most likely locally along with LCS. The footprint is there but unlike LCS there wouldn't be much NIMBY opposition, if any. The opposition is from Car Giant itself, but I would not be surprised if those negotiations are ongoing or at least soon to restart post-TF.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 1745 viewsHoopsie

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:27 - Aug 10 by TK1

This has always been the best site for a new stadium, and it probably remains the most likely locally along with LCS. The footprint is there but unlike LCS there wouldn't be much NIMBY opposition, if any. The opposition is from Car Giant itself, but I would not be surprised if those negotiations are ongoing or at least soon to restart post-TF.

The naivety of our Malaysian owners shines through this one

They are successful entrepreneurs on their own right, but back in Malaysia

I believe they thought they could swagger in and impose their style of doing business from half way across the globe onto London only to fall flat and incurred the wrath of car giant, whose owners are QPR supporters?

Unbelievably naive

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:51 - Aug 10 with 1699 viewsQPR_Jim

Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:36 - Aug 10 by Hoopsie

I believe they thought they could swagger in and impose their style of doing business from half way across the globe onto London only to fall flat and incurred the wrath of car giant, whose owners are QPR supporters?

Unbelievably naive

To be fair didn't they hired Phil Beard to deal with that kind of stuff and he made a right mess of it/got some poor advice. Clearly upset Car Giant which killed it all, I think they're run by a QPR fan but not owned by a QPR fan if memory serves.

I think they were just after more money, when the site was under the development area there was the potential for residential development so pound signs in their eyes and the idea of a football stadium taking up a big chunk of that wasn't welcomed.

There was originally a bridge between the station and that area planned when it was under the development area but assume that was scrapped when the site was removed from the development area. It's also now unlikely to be approved for residential development so hopefully as others have said with TF gone and PB etc we can negotiate with them.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 13:57 - Aug 10 with 1668 viewsBostonR

Unbelievably naive

There is no point in digging up stuff relating to the previous Car Giant issue. No one really knows what went on behind closed doors and those discussions never reached a Heads of Terms agreement.
There is no investment return on building a smaller stadium on the current footprint. W10,11 and 12 have become real go-to residential development areas, so I am certain any redevelopment of LR is not going to happen.
I sense that even if the club revive the car giant opportunity there will be obstacles from the Council. The owners have made a lot of silly football decisions but I can absolutely say that when it comes to business and related opportunities they are “on it”.
They are currently forking out circa £2M per month to keep the club afloat. A sizeable portion of that money is being thrown into a bottomless pit of a stadium. That has to change and quickly.
Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:05 - Aug 10 with 1645 viewsHoopsie

Our owners dealings in old oak and LC sites, where they pissed off both car giant and the LBHF, were clearly suspect. They thought those sites owe the club something?

I recall the presumptuous OOC flyer about QPR’s new 30-40,000 capacity stadium. Also recall the overly confidence in the LCS. It turned out none of these were actually seriously considered with the land owners and stakeholders before with QPR making some very pre-matured announcements.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 14:07]

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 1557 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium. on 10:02 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

Apart from when they're spending their dollars in the economies.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 11:49]

...or fighting European wars.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:46 - Aug 10 with 1554 viewsBoston

Unbelievably naive

Objection your honour. Presumption, steering the jury.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 14:50 - Aug 10 with 3650 viewsBoston

Linford Christie Stadium. on 08:50 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

You've lost me there mate. I've visited the States hundreds of times but not since the orange one was elected in 2016. What's a lever?

Attend a sports fixture where a nationally known Democrat politician is in attendance, you'll get the idea.
Lever - hmm, probably 'Old English', guess you're a lot younger than me.

Linford Christie Stadium. on 21:21 - Aug 10 with 3404 viewsQPRConor2000

I wonder if the owners might end up moving us to Heston given we already own the land around there.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 21:23]
Linford Christie Stadium. on 21:52 - Aug 10 with 3295 viewswombat

Linford Christie Stadium. on 21:21 - Aug 10 by QPRConor2000

I wonder if the owners might end up moving us to Heston given we already own the land around there.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 21:23]

Do we ? Zero transport links near there so non runner I’m afraid

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024