Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Kean. 21:51 - Sep 18 with 2756 viewsWeaverQPR

Seems he can manage afterall. Top of league.

@WeavQPR

Steve Kean. on 22:31 - Sep 18 with 1825 viewsN12Hoop

are the fans still booing him?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Steve Kean. on 23:19 - Sep 18 with 1753 viewsHoopza_Lawski

Steve Kean. on 22:31 - Sep 18 by N12Hoop

are the fans still booing him?

yes.
Steve Kean. on 00:09 - Sep 19 with 1695 viewsBluce_Ree

Steve Kean. on 23:19 - Sep 18 by Hoopza_Lawski

yes.

Epic bellends.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Steve Kean. on 00:18 - Sep 19 with 1677 viewssimmo

Top in spite of him and the board, not because of them

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Steve Kean. on 00:40 - Sep 19 with 1654 viewskensalriser

Two words: Jordan Rhodes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Steve Kean. on 07:01 - Sep 19 with 1604 viewsparker64

Think he's doing alright. Scoring lots of goals look quite entertaining, top of the table.
Steve Kean. on 07:36 - Sep 19 with 1555 viewsstuabd

I think having a better squad than most in the league is definitely helping him.
Steve Kean. on 07:59 - Sep 19 with 1531 viewsdaveB

Steve Kean. on 00:18 - Sep 19 by simmo

Top in spite of him and the board, not because of them

how can they be top in spite of him, he's signed some really good players this summer and has got them playing some good stuff and doing it all whilst getting dogs abuse from his own fans, I quite like the fella, good luck to him
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Kean. on 08:03 - Sep 19 with 1525 viewsdanehoop

Steve Kean. on 07:59 - Sep 19 by daveB

how can they be top in spite of him, he's signed some really good players this summer and has got them playing some good stuff and doing it all whilst getting dogs abuse from his own fans, I quite like the fella, good luck to him

Err. He didn't sign anyone. Thats the point. Someonelse decided which players were coming in. Keen wasnt let any where near the decision making process.

Never knowingly understood

Steve Kean. on 08:09 - Sep 19 with 1517 viewsdaveB

Steve Kean. on 08:03 - Sep 19 by danehoop

Err. He didn't sign anyone. Thats the point. Someonelse decided which players were coming in. Keen wasnt let any where near the decision making process.

really, so he had no say in signing Danny Murphy, Best, Gomes or Rhodes, all players he tried to get last January. I know he had to take a few foriegn players he'd never seen before but he has signed some top players for that level

Steve Kean. on 08:09 - Sep 19 with 1516 viewstooting_hoop

Steve Kean. on 08:03 - Sep 19 by danehoop

You can't have it both ways. Either he has no influence over their performance. In which case you don't need a manager at all it seems. Or he is contributing in some way, in which case he should be applauded.

Every other manager in the world would be judged that way, irrespective of the set up at their club and the details of responsibilities of individual roles.

His team are top. Well done to the man I say.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Steve Kean. on 08:14 - Sep 19 with 1509 viewsdanehoop

No. He admited himself that he hadn't seen or known about most the of the players coming in (Rhodes aside). The Malaysian football tv football pundit brought in by the chicken farmers decides and manages transfers. Keen can say who he wants, but he gets whoever the Malaysian thinks he needs, which is why they ended up with so many Portgueese players after the Malaysian popped over there.

Never knowingly understood

Steve Kean. on 08:20 - Sep 19 with 1494 viewsdaveB

he said he knew nothing of the foreign players brought in on deadline day, he obviously knew who Danny Murphy and Leon best were, he's worked with both before and knew about Rhodes and Gomes. I just think with all the abuse he gets he deserves a bit of credit, someone has coached that team into a decent side at that level
Steve Kean. on 08:25 - Sep 19 with 1489 viewsWatford_Ranger

Steve Kean. on 08:14 - Sep 19 by danehoop

No. He admited himself that he hadn't seen or known about most the of the players coming in (Rhodes aside). The Malaysian football tv football pundit brought in by the chicken farmers decides and manages transfers. Keen can say who he wants, but he gets whoever the Malaysian thinks he needs, which is why they ended up with so many Portgueese players after the Malaysian popped over there.

He didn't know or see some of the young foreign guys but Nuno Gomes, Danny Murphy, Best and Etuhu will be players he knows or maybe even has coached himself.

He's fluent in Portuguese also having played there for three years so probably knows a bit about the league.
Steve Kean. on 08:45 - Sep 19 with 1463 viewsKevinPR

Steve Kean. on 08:20 - Sep 19 by daveB

he said he knew nothing of the foreign players brought in on deadline day, he obviously knew who Danny Murphy and Leon best were, he's worked with both before and knew about Rhodes and Gomes. I just think with all the abuse he gets he deserves a bit of credit, someone has coached that team into a decent side at that level

Agreed. Working with players he knows little about makes it more of an achievement, doesn't it?
Steve Kean. on 08:50 - Sep 19 with 1457 viewsMonahoop

Felt a bit sorry for the guy last season with all the abuse he took from various quarters. He never gave up, albeit a bit naively, believing he could keep Blackburn up. This season will be the one that will make or break the man. A surprisingly good start so far, but there's miles to go to the finishing line yet.

The guy is a trier, one can't fault him for that, but he is also a careless fool. Does anyone know the outcome or possible outcome of his undercover slating of Allardyce which threatened to undermine the bloke further last season?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Steve Kean. on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 1388 viewsdaveB

Steve Kean. on 08:50 - Sep 19 by Monahoop

Felt a bit sorry for the guy last season with all the abuse he took from various quarters. He never gave up, albeit a bit naively, believing he could keep Blackburn up. This season will be the one that will make or break the man. A surprisingly good start so far, but there's miles to go to the finishing line yet.

The guy is a trier, one can't fault him for that, but he is also a careless fool. Does anyone know the outcome or possible outcome of his undercover slating of Allardyce which threatened to undermine the bloke further last season?

the outcome was the same as the panorama programme on Big Sam, he threatened legal action then did nothing
Steve Kean. on 10:20 - Sep 19 with 1355 viewsKonk

Kean was the tactical mastermind in the tactics-free halcyon days of Coleman and Kean down at Fulham, where any player who could be played out of position was, where we played one up top against Cheltenham at home in the cup, where key players and good eggs were ostracised, and where players who'd been superb or at least decent under Tigana, often became sloppy and unfit under Coleman. Kean even once explained that giving the ball away wasn't a bad thing as it gave you a chance to regroup and the team with the ball had to run around with it...which is a bit unconventional. Seeing as Coleman always said he was the motivator and that Kean was the coaching wizard, most Fulham fans have a pretty low opinion of the bloke.

I think the BRFC fans have the hump with him because of the snidey way Allardyce got the boot and he got the job, and the relationship he has with their owners, as they have with the football/results. But do you think they'd have gone down with Allardyce in charge?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Steve Kean. on 10:23 - Sep 19 with 1345 viewsPhildo

I think the chicken farmers are doing one of those infinite monkey experiments to try and definitively prove that football management is a load of tosh by leaving the bloke in charge. interesting to see how it works out.
Steve Kean. on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 1307 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Kean is a paradox. He makes a habit of alienating players. Lies about the owners intentions and plans. Seems to have no control over things that any self-respecting manager would have control over. Has made a significant element of the support mistrust and hate him.

Yet he seems to be able to set up and motivate a team often enough to win games.

I learned my lesson 18 months ago when I bet on them to be relegated because I wrongly thought he was completely out of his depth. It's a mistake to assume that things will necessarily continue as they are but I wouldn't want to bet against him being the promotion mix. Could a club with that much wrong get promotion? I suppose we did.
Steve Kean. on 10:55 - Sep 19 with 1294 viewsdaveB

Steve Kean. on 10:20 - Sep 19 by Konk

Kean was the tactical mastermind in the tactics-free halcyon days of Coleman and Kean down at Fulham, where any player who could be played out of position was, where we played one up top against Cheltenham at home in the cup, where key players and good eggs were ostracised, and where players who'd been superb or at least decent under Tigana, often became sloppy and unfit under Coleman. Kean even once explained that giving the ball away wasn't a bad thing as it gave you a chance to regroup and the team with the ball had to run around with it...which is a bit unconventional. Seeing as Coleman always said he was the motivator and that Kean was the coaching wizard, most Fulham fans have a pretty low opinion of the bloke.

I think the BRFC fans have the hump with him because of the snidey way Allardyce got the boot and he got the job, and the relationship he has with their owners, as they have with the football/results. But do you think they'd have gone down with Allardyce in charge?

no they wouldn't have gone down with Allardyce but that was a few years back now, I'm not suggesting the bloke is a good manager just that he's not as clueless as many make out, he's doing well this season despite the odds really stacked against him. After all the stick he's had from the Blackburn fans I feel like i want to see him do well.
Steve Kean. on 11:00 - Sep 19 with 1285 viewsNorthernr

Dreadful manager succeeding now because he's been given more money to spend than anybody else in the division.
Steve Kean. on 11:04 - Sep 19 with 1269 viewsdaveB

Steve Kean. on 11:00 - Sep 19 by Northernr

Dreadful manager succeeding now because he's been given more money to spend than anybody else in the division.

more than Leicester? They've spent a fortune the last 3 years and are still shit
Steve Kean. on 11:16 - Sep 19 with 1252 viewsKevinPR

Steve Kean. on 11:00 - Sep 19 by Northernr

By that logic shouldn't Southampton and Liverpool be 'succeeding' a bit better than they are?
Steve Kean. on 11:17 - Sep 19 with 1248 viewsNorthernr

Steve Kean. on 11:04 - Sep 19 by daveB

more than Leicester? They've spent a fortune the last 3 years and are still shit

They've spent more than Leicester this season yes. Purse strings seem to be coming in a little there after a few years of stupid spending lumbered them with a poor team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024