Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol rovers highlights now online 21:10 - Nov 18 with 2666 viewsjamRAFC

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23764_8257616,00.html
Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:15 - Nov 18 with 2649 viewsColDale

great effort by Matty Edwards in the first half.

That 2nd sending off looks worse with every viewing.
Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:18 - Nov 18 with 2626 viewssweetcorn

Penalty looks soft on the highlights if you ask me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:19 - Nov 18 with 2618 views442Dale

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:18 - Nov 18 by sweetcorn

Penalty looks soft on the highlights if you ask me.

Definite pen, and Edwards knows it.

A foul is a foul and it would been a free-kick on the halfway line, so it's a penalty.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 23:25 - Nov 18 with 2510 viewsDaley_Lama

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:15 - Nov 18 by ColDale

Desperation/amateurish tackle brought about by the situation in the game, i.e. if Grimes breaks away, it's game over as it was the very last minute of the game.

The Brizzle Pen doesn't look like a pen because their player doesn't roll around the floor screaming as though he has been shot.

RE caught him alright.

Poll: DF in or out

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 10:51 - Nov 19 with 2345 viewsMoonyDale

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:19 - Nov 18 by 442Dale

Definite pen, and Edwards knows it.

A foul is a foul and it would been a free-kick on the halfway line, so it's a penalty.

Have to say it looked a soft penalty to me but we all see things differently I guess. The foul on Grimes looks worse on the screen that it did live, shows how hard it is for the officials who don't get the benefit of replays...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 10:55 - Nov 19 with 2340 viewsdalenumber2

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:15 - Nov 18 by ColDale

Matty Edwards?
edit: just watched the highlights!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Bristol rovers highlights now online on 12:32 - Nov 19 with 2264 viewsolympicdale

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 23:25 - Nov 18 by Daley_Lama

Desperation/amateurish tackle brought about by the situation in the game, i.e. if Grimes breaks away, it's game over as it was the very last minute of the game.

The Brizzle Pen doesn't look like a pen because their player doesn't roll around the floor screaming as though he has been shot.

RE caught him alright.

I still think it looked soft at the time, and having seen the highlights it hasnt changed my mind. It looks like to me that their guy simply tripped over his own feet, if there was true contact he would have at least shouted for a penalty, but from the view the ref had, you stick a leg out and he falls over it looks like one.

Life is a game of fate.

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 12:55 - Nov 19 with 2227 viewslurker

Bottom line is that fouls like that in the box do not usually get given. Obviously the rule is that if you make contact with your opponent without touching the ball and he goes down it is a foul. However, if the referee was consistent he would have to be giving 20+ penalties a game. Very harsh decision IMHO
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 2182 views442Dale

Watch the reaction of Edwards, he puts his hands up in mock horror when he realises he's tripped him.

It was a clear penalty and our lack of protests illustrate that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 13:49 - Nov 19 with 2174 viewsD_Alien

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 12:55 - Nov 19 by lurker

Bottom line is that fouls like that in the box do not usually get given. Obviously the rule is that if you make contact with your opponent without touching the ball and he goes down it is a foul. However, if the referee was consistent he would have to be giving 20+ penalties a game. Very harsh decision IMHO

Those were my thoughts at the time. Their lad was obviously "inviting" contact and the actual contact should have been seen in that context - it was nothing like a blatant trip.

On the subject of consistency, a "no penalty" decision was made in one of the premiership games (MOTD highlights, but can't remember which game now) following the exact same type of shoulder contact for which a penalty was awarded against us in the D&R game.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 13:54 - Nov 19 with 2163 viewsdingdangblue

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 12:55 - Nov 19 by lurker

I think that the fact their player didnt have much momentum made it look soft. Usual penalties involve players being fouled on the run. He just seemed to get a kick on his ankle/shin and fell to the floor. The ref hesitating a few seconds before pointing to the spot didnt help matters.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 14:11 - Nov 19 with 2141 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 13:54 - Nov 19 by dingdangblue

I think that the fact their player didnt have much momentum made it look soft. Usual penalties involve players being fouled on the run. He just seemed to get a kick on his ankle/shin and fell to the floor. The ref hesitating a few seconds before pointing to the spot didnt help matters.

the way it looked on that Replay compared to the Pearl Street view i still think it were a Penalty but I'd of booked for 2 foul's not the one

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 16:37 - Nov 19 with 2047 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 13:54 - Nov 19 by dingdangblue

Talking of hesitating for a few seconds.......the Ref should have played advantage at the first red card....we were in on goal......then gone back and send the Gas man off.
Bristol rovers highlights now online on 16:38 - Nov 19 with 2042 viewsDaley_Lama

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 16:37 - Nov 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Talking of hesitating for a few seconds.......the Ref should have played advantage at the first red card....we were in on goal......then gone back and send the Gas man off.

That was about the only thing the ref got wrong all day for me.

9/10

Poll: DF in or out

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 17:04 - Nov 19 with 2018 viewssweetcorn

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 16:37 - Nov 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

The problem with that is that he could get back and prevent the play, when he should no longer be on the pitch. don't think i've ever seen the ref call back a red card.

regardless of what is said, i still think it looks soft, doesnt look like much if any contact and as if he's fell over his feet. but that may be my blue tint.

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:11 - Nov 19 with 1901 viewsscarrow

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Mark-McGhee-confident-turnaround/s

McGhees view

Poll: Final position

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:26 - Nov 19 with 1870 viewsBeefCurtain

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:11 - Nov 19 by scarrow

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-Rovers-Mark-McGhee-confident-turnaround/s

McGhees view

Love it. 'Unfortunate to lose the game..' If we'd have finished that game with any less than three points then it'd have been a crime against football.

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 22:25 - Nov 19 with 1819 viewssweetcorn

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 21:26 - Nov 19 by BeefCurtain

Love it. 'Unfortunate to lose the game..' If we'd have finished that game with any less than three points then it'd have been a crime against football.

A crime against football is in the daily star, the 7 that donnelly got for his sub appearance and only a 6 for gornell. Lawl. what game did they watch, donnelly was mostly ineffective when he came on.

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 22:53 - Nov 19 with 1793 viewsphomem

Bristol rovers highlights now online on 22:25 - Nov 19 by sweetcorn

A crime against football is in the daily star, the 7 that donnelly got for his sub appearance and only a 6 for gornell. Lawl. what game did they watch, donnelly was mostly ineffective when he came on.

They will just have guessed or rolled dice or made it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024