Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland 21:28 - Jan 27 with 13390 viewsClivert

I'll go for Steve Whitehall Vs Exeter in 1995.

Cross cushioned on the edge of the box and volleyed home.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:15 - Jan 27 with 2342 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 22:05 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

If that had gone in I'd have paid for his taxi back to Oswestry.

I'm sure someone would have taken him for you instead.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:15 - Jan 27 with 2328 viewsRAFC_JS

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 22:33 - Jan 27 by Clivert

Was it Cav who scored from miles out for Accy when they beat us during the promotion season?

I remember a Robbie Wakenshaw scissor kick against somebody from my youth.

No it wasn't cav that scored that goal, it was the one and only Michael symes. Cav did score a peach of a free kick against us a few years back though.

Another goal against that I can remember is Danny n'guessan for Lincoln, absolute peach of a strike
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:16 - Jan 27 with 2320 viewssweetcorn

jason kennedy's goal for darlington when we were on sky. he cant have been much past the half way line.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:17 - Jan 27 with 2323 views442Dale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:15 - Jan 27 by RAFC_JS

No it wasn't cav that scored that goal, it was the one and only Michael symes. Cav did score a peach of a free kick against us a few years back though.

Another goal against that I can remember is Danny n'guessan for Lincoln, absolute peach of a strike

The free kick was Craney on the night Higginbotham turned the game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:19 - Jan 27 with 2318 viewsRAFC_JS

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:17 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

Pretty sure cav scored a free kick against us at spotland, I remember seeing it on one of the goal DVDs
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 2316 viewsoddjob007

Surprised no one's mentioned any of Lambert's free kicks that he is now gracing the Premier League with.

Simmo scored some absolute belters when he joined us at the back end of the play off season.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:20 - Jan 27 with 2316 viewsPassmondsBlue

Ronny Moore v Scunthorpe - the goal that took us to Old Trafford

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:54 - Jan 27 with 2294 viewsDaley_Lama

Andy Flounders into the Pearl St End as was from The Cemetery Car Park.

Added praise to a lad who played for Halifax who was hated by all but equally wanted by all for an overhead goal at the sane end. Can't remember his name, odd feeling his surname began with K

Leytin orient after schooling from Robbie Fowler was a game where thw opposition scored 3 screamers.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:01 - Jan 28 with 2287 views442Dale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:54 - Jan 27 by Daley_Lama

Added praise to a lad who played for Halifax who was hated by all but equally wanted by all for an overhead goal at the sane end. Can't remember his name, odd feeling his surname began with K

Leytin orient after schooling from Robbie Fowler was a game where thw opposition scored 3 screamers.

'twas Steve Kerrigan. Can't remember the hated bit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:15 - Jan 28 with 2280 viewsroccydaleian

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 23:54 - Jan 27 by Daley_Lama

Wasn't that M.K. Dons?
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:17 - Jan 28 with 2275 viewsTVOS1907

JS and myself mean the game at Spotland the season after.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:19 - Jan 28 with 2272 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:15 - Jan 28 by roccydaleian

Wasn't that M.K. Dons?

Yes.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:21 - Jan 28 with 2270 viewsroccydaleian

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:19 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

Yes.

Sloppy by Lama's standard.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:24 - Jan 28 with 2262 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 22:30 - Jan 27 by deeplishblue

Steve oshaunessy free kick v Scarborough.

Totally agree with that - you selling you tretchikoff pic for £500k in S.A. btw :)

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 01:01 - Jan 28 with 2251 viewsAtThePeake

I can't think of the very best, too many to choose from, but a few that I haven't seen mentioned yet include Paul Simpson's strike on his debut versus Plymouth (think they went on to win 3-1 and thus won the league.)

Ashley Williams during the centenary season for Stockport County.

Jonah hit a few absolute belters too. A personal favourite was the one versus Swansea (04/05) maybe at the Pearl Street end? Was one of the first games of the season and it was an absolute screamer.

McEvilly FK same game as the Holt goal for Shrewsbury mentioned earlier. For pure surprise more than actual skill!

Glenn Poole scored a great goal in the last minute for Brentford against us too, believe it was a winner or an equaliser? I'm not sure, but what I do remember is that it was against the run of play and I was not a happy chappy afterwards!

Paul Ince for Wolves in the League Cup.

Tangled up in blue.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 01:08 - Jan 28 with 2043 viewsShun

Kuqi for Oldham last season.

JLAA vs. Huddersfield 2 seasons ago.

And, purely because I never see headers get mentioned, Grimes vs. someone last season. A looping header in the Sandy Lane end.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 01:44 - Jan 28 with 2042 viewsYadHoDale

Some other contenders:
Kev Townson vs Fulham in the league cup on 9/11
Paddy vs Brizzle R in a 2-2 draw
Jimmy Seal's screamer vs Scunny (totally unexpected long range twomp)
ALF's header from Rene Howe's cross vs Notts County in the 4-1 win.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 07:32 - Jan 28 with 2021 viewsDomDale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 22:30 - Jan 27 by roccydaleian

My fave
Best goal agin us

Forgot about that one. Had me clapping at the time

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 08:09 - Jan 28 with 2006 viewsBlueDutch

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 21:58 - Jan 27 by Ralphs12

I'm terrible for remembering goals...

TK vs Chesterfield? Last second free kick I think...

Shaw vs maybe Barnet?

TK against Brighton too last minute, earned us a draw if I remember rightly.

upthedale.nl

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 08:56 - Jan 28 with 1994 viewsfermin

Back in the days when even a mention of our name in the national press was a miracle, I cut out a short report (which I kept for years as it was so rare) about a cup game in the late 1970s which described a goal by Bob Scaife as 'fantastic strike if only he had meant it to go there' or something like that.

Does anyone remember that goal? It was several years before I was allowed to travel up north on my own, so I have always wondered what it was like. It was against Bury or Burnley, I think.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 09:02 - Jan 28 with 1993 viewselectricblue

Andy flounders from just in front of the dugouts thats before beckham even thought of it..
Im almost sure bowden did something similar..
Paul connor mid air sidefoot it the top corner againt carlisle..
Muirhead for everybodys reason..
Plus loads of others....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 09:06 - Jan 28 with 1989 viewsmaybee

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 08:56 - Jan 28 by fermin

Back in the days when even a mention of our name in the national press was a miracle, I cut out a short report (which I kept for years as it was so rare) about a cup game in the late 1970s which described a goal by Bob Scaife as 'fantastic strike if only he had meant it to go there' or something like that.

Does anyone remember that goal? It was several years before I was allowed to travel up north on my own, so I have always wondered what it was like. It was against Bury or Burnley, I think.

I remember Bobby Scaife scoring two long range goals in a cup tie away at bury.
Notable because he was a useless lump who wouldn't normally shoot; never mind score good goals.

From memory... they were both shots from about 30 yards or so. Flew into the net, causing a mixture of wild celebrations & utter shock amongst the Dale fans who were (in those days) standing up in the Manny Road End, on a wooden floor, which bounced.

Can't remember when it was...but late 70's wold be a decent shout.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 09:12 - Jan 28 with 1983 viewsdeeplishblue

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:24 - Jan 28 by Thacks_Rabbits

Totally agree with that - you selling you tretchikoff pic for £500k in S.A. btw :)

Thanks for letting me know. Just sold it.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:20 - Jan 28 with 1961 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 08:09 - Jan 28 by BlueDutch

TK against Brighton too last minute, earned us a draw if I remember rightly.

That was Lee Todd.

TK never played for Dale against Brighton.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:24 - Jan 28 with 1961 viewsfollon

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:20 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

That was Lee Todd.

TK never played for Dale against Brighton.

was that goal by Lee Todd not against Plymouth?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024