Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland 21:28 - Jan 27 with 13386 viewsClivert

I'll go for Steve Whitehall Vs Exeter in 1995.

Cross cushioned on the edge of the box and volleyed home.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:35 - Jan 28 with 2051 viewsfollon

no I am wrong.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 2037 viewsJumeirahDale

Definitely Scott Warner's thunderbolt, purely for the joy on the lad's face (he was our Joey T before Joey T). Anyone know if it's kicking around on youtube somewhere?
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:36 - Jan 28 with 2041 viewsThe_DJ

Paul Comstive rocket.

Would image the ball has left the solar system by now as its 31 years ago .
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:44 - Jan 28 with 2019 viewsDaley_Lama

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 00:21 - Jan 28 by roccydaleian

Sloppy by Lama's standard.

Not really to be honest, about normal.

Steve kerrigan! Cheers 442.

Poll: DF in or out

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:45 - Jan 28 with 2019 viewsdale1968

I Think Tony Bird for Cardiff City during their Promotion Campaign.He cracked it in at the Sandy from fully 30 Yards what a screamer.

Best dale ones are Holt v Oxford
Townson v York (Inch Perfect Pass From Paddy)
COG v Rotherham (Promo Season)

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 11:10 - Jan 28 with 1999 viewsD_Alien

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 09:06 - Jan 28 by maybee

I remember Bobby Scaife scoring two long range goals in a cup tie away at bury.
Notable because he was a useless lump who wouldn't normally shoot; never mind score good goals.

From memory... they were both shots from about 30 yards or so. Flew into the net, causing a mixture of wild celebrations & utter shock amongst the Dale fans who were (in those days) standing up in the Manny Road End, on a wooden floor, which bounced.

Can't remember when it was...but late 70's wold be a decent shout.

1980 I believe?

The game at bury followed a boring 0-0 draw at Spotland, the last time we've had a 10,000+ gate

It was on a midweek night (the original game must have been postponed) and the queues snaked all the way round the ground. I didn't get in till nearly half time!

You're dead right about Scaife's strike(s) at bury - total shock!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 11:55 - Jan 28 with 1959 viewswindowsbug

What about O'shaunessy's in the FA cup. Against Lincoln I think.
Nope. Scarborough
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 12:24 - Jan 28 with 1939 viewsolympicdale

For memories sake i dont think you can top Perkins and Muirheads goals vs Darlo, but there are a few others that stick in my mind.

Jones against Daggenham (?) last minute daisy cutter from about 25 yards out

JLAA against 'uddersfield was just amazing, the celebrations when it went in wont be forgotten,

Joe Thompson against Southampton, I thought at the time that was a really good looping header, against a top class keeper in Kelvin Davis

Tks freekick against the Spirites in the last minute

Townson vs York, after what was a fantastic throughball by Paddy

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 12:48 - Jan 28 with 1923 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 10:24 - Jan 28 by follon

was that goal by Lee Todd not against Plymouth?

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 12:49 - Jan 28 with 1918 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 11:55 - Jan 28 by windowsbug

What about O'shaunessy's in the FA cup. Against Lincoln I think.
Nope. Scarborough

Rumbelows Cup too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 13:01 - Jan 28 with 1904 viewssurb_dale

Remember Jonny Bowden scoring a screamer v bury one season.

Best headed goal has to be Grimes v Charlton last season.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:23 - Jan 28 with 1880 viewsolympicdale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 08:09 - Jan 28 by BlueDutch

TK against Brighton too last minute, earned us a draw if I remember rightly.

Always remember that goal from Toddy, stunning freekick, also the news filtered through right away that man united had conceded in the 92nd minute against Bayern in CL.

Life is a game of fate.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:55 - Jan 28 with 1869 viewsdingdangblue

Alex Russell scored some superb free kicks in his time also - he seems to be forgotten behind Lambert and Stuart. Remember a quite brilliant one when we beat Wigan 3-1 back in 96-97 (Barrows 1st and best season). My best goal at Spotland is Perkins v Darlington (even with a little help from JK's toe it was a stunning strike and so important too).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 16:02 - Jan 28 with 1843 viewsChaffRAFC

Grant Holt v Macclesfield

Grant Holt for Shrewsbury

Steve Kerrigan for Halifax

Shefki Kuqi for Oldham

Paul Simpson v Plymouth

Paul Connor v Carlisle

Andrew Tutte v Barnsley

Whoever scored FC United's second goal

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 1782 viewsRAFC_1994

Grant Holt Vs Oxford.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:44 - Jan 28 with 1765 viewsfermin

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 11:10 - Jan 28 by D_Alien

1980 I believe?

The game at bury followed a boring 0-0 draw at Spotland, the last time we've had a 10,000+ gate

It was on a midweek night (the original game must have been postponed) and the queues snaked all the way round the ground. I didn't get in till nearly half time!

Thanks to both of you. At the time I thought the reporter was being patronising to Division 4 footballers, but it sounds like he wasn't. Anyway, it wasn't at Spotland, so no use for this thread, unless anyone wants to start a new one for away goals.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:45 - Jan 28 with 1763 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 12:49 - Jan 28 by TVOS1907

Rumbelows Cup too.

I seem to remember O'Shaugnessy scoring a screamer against Northampton in the FA cup as well. We won 3-0 and I think Jason Dawson (crap but a good pair of early indie curtains (hair)) aslo scored.

Northampton fans smashed up the Foresters Arms if I remember.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:52 - Jan 28 with 1756 viewsfermin

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:45 - Jan 28 by BigDaveMyCock

I seem to remember O'Shaugnessy scoring a screamer against Northampton in the FA cup as well. We won 3-0 and I think Jason Dawson (crap but a good pair of early indie curtains (hair)) aslo scored.

I believe there is a video of that game around somewhere. Not sure if it is online but I remember people talking about it not that long ago.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 21:29 - Jan 28 with 1728 viewsRodingdale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:52 - Jan 28 by fermin

I believe there is a video of that game around somewhere. Not sure if it is online but I remember people talking about it not that long ago.

Shosh v Cobblers 23yrs ago, yesterday. Just under 10,000 in Spotland. Hopefully can dig out the video.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 09:59 - Jan 29 with 1684 viewsBarryStrange

Colin Woodthorpe in the LDV in 2002 - still travelling that one.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 13:22 - Jan 29 with 1644 viewsfinberty

Depends on your definition of best...

Lyndon Simmonds, 6 May 1987 v Stockport County.
Possibly one of the most important.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:00 - Jan 29 with 1625 viewsBigKindo

I recall Reg Jenkins hitting a volley at the Church End and it went through the back of the net and ended up on the terrace. There then followed a debate with the officials and players as to whether it was goal or a miss. It was awarded. On the other hand didn't Lee Brogden hit the side netting against Barnsley and was awarded a goal?
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:02 - Jan 29 with 1623 viewsDorsetDale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 11:10 - Jan 28 by D_Alien

1980 I believe?

I have a feeling the tie began with a draw at Bury, another draw in the replay with the game at Gigg in 1980 being a 2nd replay.
The game had been postponed at least twice due to rain much to my massive disappointment as between the pp and actual game, I moved down here

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:13 - Jan 29 with 1615 viewsDorsetDale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 19:45 - Jan 28 by BigDaveMyCock

Cracking game. Was O'shaunessy's goal the free kick that rocketed in at the Sandy end - in fact they might all have been 2nd half goals.
Anyway, that 3rd signalled a mass departure of northants fans whilst at the same time the heavens opened and over the course of the next few hours deposited copious amounts of snow.

Celebrations in The Cem went on till about 3 in the morning and then 'cos of the snow myself and mate had to walk back to Red Lumb.

Remember watching the draw for next round on the sunday and being hugely disappointed with an away tie at Palace.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:13 - Jan 29 with 1614 viewsD_Alien

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:02 - Jan 29 by DorsetDale

I have a feeling the tie began with a draw at Bury, another draw in the replay with the game at Gigg in 1980 being a 2nd replay.
The game had been postponed at least twice due to rain much to my massive disappointment as between the pp and actual game, I moved down here

Ah, thanks for the update DD, I'd completely disregarded the fact that up until recently, FA Cup ties had any number of replays until one team won!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024