Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away 13:52 - Mar 16 with 10037 viewsChaffRAFC

Game confirmed on so here's your match thread.

Team news whenever it reaches Twitter.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:48 - Mar 16 with 1547 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:43 - Mar 16 by YouTubeDale

shit 2-1 or should I say Dogshit

Lillis superb save ...but Harrison first to react when it hits the ground. A fantastic counter attack.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

once again our defence doesnt react quick enough.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:51 - Mar 16 with 1417 viewsYouTubeDale

Tutte strikes over the top!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:53 - Mar 16 with 1338 viewsColDale

Full time 2-1
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:54 - Mar 16 with 1307 viewsYouTubeDale

FT

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:54 - Mar 16 with 1301 viewsboromat

At least our heads never went down. Sounded like we were still well up for it right until the end.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:55 - Mar 16 with 1282 viewsYouTubeDale

Mugged. We deserved at least a point.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:55 - Mar 16 with 1251 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:54 - Mar 16 by boromat

At least our heads never went down. Sounded like we were still well up for it right until the end.

but still lost, poor at the back and an inability to score...

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 16:58 - Mar 16 with 1209 viewsDaleFan7

Too many times we say we were robbed or deserved a point. The bottom line is, we aren't good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:00 - Mar 16 with 1189 viewsYouTubeDale

I'm sorry but the earlier discussion on Donnelly, Dogshit, George or whatever you want to call him are valid. If he took his chances then we could have won this, just like the York match. You can't try to hide the fact. I know he creates some of the chances but he needs to finish them off.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:04 - Mar 16 with 1123 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:00 - Mar 16 by YouTubeDale

I'm sorry but the earlier discussion on Donnelly, Dogshit, George or whatever you want to call him are valid. If he took his chances then we could have won this, just like the York match. You can't try to hide the fact. I know he creates some of the chances but he needs to finish them off.

we need to get grimes and grant up front in a front 2.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:20 - Mar 16 with 1041 viewsShun

I can understand the criticism of Donnelly's game as a lot of it is deserved. What I don't agree with, though, is this merciless branding of him as 'dogshit'. It's abhorrent and, quite frankly, embarrassing. Yes, I know what it stems from, and yes, that was just as embarrassing, but how long are you going to punish him for one comment he made many moons ago?
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:21 - Mar 16 with 1034 viewsmacro

Crazy conditions second half, we didn't deserve to lose.

Two negatives joe Thompson, had a very poor game
Donnelly tries hard but... Also looks like a serious injury to Bennett

Positives we should have been out if sight in some respects played some cracking stuff
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:30 - Mar 16 with 976 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:04 - Mar 16 by olympicdale

we need to get grimes and grant up front in a front 2.

We need to get Grimes a taxi and send him wherever he wants to go.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:31 - Mar 16 with 973 viewsmacro

George agrees his tweet says he scored a load.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:35 - Mar 16 with 951 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:30 - Mar 16 by SuddenLad

We need to get Grimes a taxi and send him wherever he wants to go.

we need to start scoring some goals, and having Donnelly up there isnt going to happen all that often, having Grimes in with Grant would at least give us more of a chance.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:11 - Mar 16 with 881 viewsdalenumber2

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:20 - Mar 16 by Shun

I can understand the criticism of Donnelly's game as a lot of it is deserved. What I don't agree with, though, is this merciless branding of him as 'dogshit'. It's abhorrent and, quite frankly, embarrassing. Yes, I know what it stems from, and yes, that was just as embarrassing, but how long are you going to punish him for one comment he made many moons ago?

Agree
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:25 - Mar 16 with 846 viewsSalwaDale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 17:35 - Mar 16 by olympicdale

we need to start scoring some goals, and having Donnelly up there isnt going to happen all that often, having Grimes in with Grant would at least give us more of a chance.

I am most certainly not George's biggest fan but I would have him ahead of Grimes every game. Effort > Ability. Donnelly has a chance of improving if he can learn to play with his head up and his confidence improves. If not, he can say he gave professional football his best shot. Grimes may suddenly realise what is required one day and go on to be a good pro but it is probably more likely that he will finish his career full of regret.

TBBT

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:31 - Mar 16 with 822 viewsMass_Debater

ffs, don't be such a wet lettuce.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:37 - Mar 16 with 800 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:25 - Mar 16 by SalwaDale

I am most certainly not George's biggest fan but I would have him ahead of Grimes every game. Effort > Ability. Donnelly has a chance of improving if he can learn to play with his head up and his confidence improves. If not, he can say he gave professional football his best shot. Grimes may suddenly realise what is required one day and go on to be a good pro but it is probably more likely that he will finish his career full of regret.

In the situation we're in, we need goals, we're not going to get ourselves safe through missing chances, yes I like Donnellys efforts, he's just not instinctive enough, and having Grimes in the box where he was always supposed to be, will see us convert more, especially now we're playing a 4-4-2.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:41 - Mar 16 with 790 viewssweetcorn

Until he proves he isn't 'Dogshit'...

Guess he better get used to it.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 19:03 - Mar 16 with 758 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:25 - Mar 16 by SalwaDale

Boiling it down to the simplest of simple:

If you're a striker, you're on the pitch to score.

Both approximately equal time on the pitch this season:
Grimes has scored 9.
Donnelly has scored 5.

I think we're all also agreed that Grimes has been played out of position for the majority (if not all) of his time at Dale. The one game I remember him playing as part of a front 2, with Ball at Bury last season, we won 4-2 and he scored and played one of his best games.

The reason Grimes probably doesn't work as hard as we'd all like and possibly doesn't have the attitude we'd all love to see him display is because he's been treated like crap since he got here. He's been by far our most clinical attacker, and one of our most gifted natural players, yet has spent half of his time on the bench or stuck out wide or asked to play as a lone striker - which we can all see clearly isn't his game.

If we let him go to Rotherham or wherever, I am so sure that we'll be the ones regretting it, not him.

As for Donnelly, from the games I've seen, I'm yet to see any inkling that he has the ability to be a football league player. And as the saying goes, you can't teach an old dogshit new tricks.

(By the way, I'm also not a big fan of the dogshit nickname but that was just too good an opportunity to miss.)

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 19:10 - Mar 16 with 726 viewssandylaner1

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 19:03 - Mar 16 by AtThePeake

Boiling it down to the simplest of simple:

If you're a striker, you're on the pitch to score.

Both approximately equal time on the pitch this season:
Grimes has scored 9.
Donnelly has scored 5.

I think we're all also agreed that Grimes has been played out of position for the majority (if not all) of his time at Dale. The one game I remember him playing as part of a front 2, with Ball at Bury last season, we won 4-2 and he scored and played one of his best games.

The reason Grimes probably doesn't work as hard as we'd all like and possibly doesn't have the attitude we'd all love to see him display is because he's been treated like crap since he got here. He's been by far our most clinical attacker, and one of our most gifted natural players, yet has spent half of his time on the bench or stuck out wide or asked to play as a lone striker - which we can all see clearly isn't his game.

If we let him go to Rotherham or wherever, I am so sure that we'll be the ones regretting it, not him.

As for Donnelly, from the games I've seen, I'm yet to see any inkling that he has the ability to be a football league player. And as the saying goes, you can't teach an old dogshit new tricks.

(By the way, I'm also not a big fan of the dogshit nickname but that was just too good an opportunity to miss.)

'cant teach an old dogshit new tricks'

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 19:42 - Mar 16 with 686 viewsShun

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 18:31 - Mar 16 by Mass_Debater

ffs, don't be such a wet lettuce.

Ladies and gentlemen, yet another top quality post from Mass Debater.
Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 20:01 - Mar 16 with 628 viewsolympicdale

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 19:42 - Mar 16 by Shun

Ladies and gentlemen, yet another top quality post from Mass Debater.

they're certainly classics, savour 'em.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 21:18 - Mar 16 with 543 viewsMass_Debater

Match Thread - Bristol Rovers away on 20:01 - Mar 16 by olympicdale

they're certainly classics, savour 'em.

your welcome
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024