Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Highlights 23:12 - Mar 20 with 2255 viewsD_Dale

Less than 2 minutes between Donnelly's wonder goal (you wonder if he'll ever score one like it again) and his foul that led to the Coleman-days'-type mayhem: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/rochdale/8580032/roc
Sky Highlights on 00:16 - Mar 21 with 2191 viewsAtThePeake

Can't help but feel Lillis has been at fault for quite a few of our dropped points this season. From the looks of that he could have done better again there.

Tangled up in blue.

Sky Highlights on 00:27 - Mar 21 with 2169 viewsKenBoon

Sky Highlights on 00:16 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

Can't help but feel Lillis has been at fault for quite a few of our dropped points this season. From the looks of that he could have done better again there.

lol
Sky Highlights on 00:43 - Mar 21 with 2159 viewsAtThePeake

Sky Highlights on 00:27 - Mar 21 by KenBoon

lol

Please, do expand good sir.

Tangled up in blue.

Sky Highlights on 01:01 - Mar 21 with 2149 viewsSaxonDale

To be honest ATP i have been as harsh as anyone in criticising Lillis for the points he's cost us this season but from 6 yards out the keeper is always going to struggle to react in time to save it, especially when the ball is headed towards the ground.
Sky Highlights on 07:27 - Mar 21 with 2072 viewsnordenblue

Sky Highlights on 01:01 - Mar 21 by SaxonDale

To be honest ATP i have been as harsh as anyone in criticising Lillis for the points he's cost us this season but from 6 yards out the keeper is always going to struggle to react in time to save it, especially when the ball is headed towards the ground.

If the cross is only 6 yards out should he not be claiming the ball anyway?to be honest at the time i didn't think it was his fault and haven't seen their goal yet but if a free header from that sort of range comes at you,as a keeper its more luck if you save it,its in the net before you can move anyway!!
Still don't rate him as a keeper full stop,we've released better in the last few years in my opinion
Sky Highlights on 08:36 - Mar 21 with 2014 viewsdingdangblue

Donnellys goal is quite brilliant. Goal of the season for me so far.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sky Highlights on 09:06 - Mar 21 with 1981 viewsD_Dale

Sky Highlights on 07:27 - Mar 21 by nordenblue

If the cross is only 6 yards out should he not be claiming the ball anyway?to be honest at the time i didn't think it was his fault and haven't seen their goal yet but if a free header from that sort of range comes at you,as a keeper its more luck if you save it,its in the net before you can move anyway!!
Still don't rate him as a keeper full stop,we've released better in the last few years in my opinion

Their scorer was marked - by SC-S? - but he went in so strongly that the defender was flattened. From the video, it looked like a foul, but none of the Dale defenders appealed and SC-S, or whoever, stayed down. I didn't think Lillis was blameworthy.
Sky Highlights on 09:38 - Mar 21 with 1939 viewsjudd

Sky Highlights on 09:06 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

Their scorer was marked - by SC-S? - but he went in so strongly that the defender was flattened. From the video, it looked like a foul, but none of the Dale defenders appealed and SC-S, or whoever, stayed down. I didn't think Lillis was blameworthy.

Edwards. SCS is the nearest defender to the man out wide, not closing him down and allowing him far too much time to pick his spot.

I was behind that goal and thought the forward had a hand on each of Edwards' shoulders, but there was no complaint from the Dale player.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Highlights on 09:45 - Mar 21 with 1934 viewsdingdangblue

Sky Highlights on 09:06 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

Every goal could be stopped - so we might as well blame Lillis for all our goals this season? Look at Spurs v Fulham last Sunday, Defoe had a chance in the last minute where he connects perfectly about 8 yards out and it hits Scwartzer and stays out. Kedwells header the other night could easily have hit Lillis and stayed out - thems the breaks.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sky Highlights on 09:55 - Mar 21 with 1928 viewsAtThePeake

Sky Highlights on 09:45 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

Every goal could be stopped - so we might as well blame Lillis for all our goals this season? Look at Spurs v Fulham last Sunday, Defoe had a chance in the last minute where he connects perfectly about 8 yards out and it hits Scwartzer and stays out. Kedwells header the other night could easily have hit Lillis and stayed out - thems the breaks.

I appreciate other people taking the time out to explain why they thought I was wrong rather than issuing a condescending 'lol' without any explanation.

I know next to nothing about goalkeeping but I know other people have been unhappy with his performances this season and on first viewing it looked like a less than powerful header at the middle of the goal and as others have pointed out from approximately six yards out so he could have either gone to try and collect the ball or done a better job of getting in the way of it.

Maybe he isn't to blame, like I say I don't know much about goalkeeping and others have pointed out it's no easy save, but he hasn't been comfortable all season for me.

Tangled up in blue.

Sky Highlights on 10:03 - Mar 21 with 1916 viewsDaley_Lama

It was a good, strong, powerful downward header, reaction time minimal and for me no blame at all towards Lillis.

On the flip side, his speed out, positioning, anticipation and save at 1-1 when their lad was through was excellent.

Had we gone 2-1 down i very much doubt we would have come back.

Poll: DF in or out

Sky Highlights on 11:41 - Mar 21 with 1830 viewsJumeirahDale

Very harsh to blame Lillis for that, striker did exactly what he should have done - hard, downwards header - cross was decent, difficult to defend.

Their sending off on the other hand - ridiculous.
Sky Highlights on 13:22 - Mar 21 with 1703 viewsRotherhamDale

Hmm, tough one on whether he could have done better or not.

I've never understood why keepers feel the need to go down when the ball comes straight at them like with Kedwell's header on Tuesday. Just stick your foot in the way like a defender would! I suppose its to create a bigger area for the ball to hit but it does seem to cause problems now and again.

Half of all goals nowadays seem to go through the keepers legs.

Possession with progression.

Sky Highlights on 14:01 - Mar 21 with 1654 viewsColDale

I think Lillis has been like a different player since Hill returned. He's thriving on being the first point of attack, rather than the role had under Coleman where we were so defensive that we had 4 defenders at the edge of the box whilst taking goalkicks. It seems to have added confidence to his all round game as well.
Sky Highlights on 17:07 - Mar 21 with 1564 viewsD_Dale

Sky Highlights on 11:41 - Mar 21 by JumeirahDale

Very harsh to blame Lillis for that, striker did exactly what he should have done - hard, downwards header - cross was decent, difficult to defend.

Their sending off on the other hand - ridiculous.

I agree about the sending off, especially as Frampton was - if with a lot more power - barging into Grant who had barged into him. Both were silly and I hope KH has reminded BG to behave himself (especially as there still as far as I'm aware the prospect of an FA charge against him). A quiet word with Donnelly also seems in order if Hill wants to see the team going up the fair-play league.
Sky Highlights on 17:11 - Mar 21 with 1553 viewsolympicdale

Sky Highlights on 09:55 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

I appreciate other people taking the time out to explain why they thought I was wrong rather than issuing a condescending 'lol' without any explanation.

I know next to nothing about goalkeeping but I know other people have been unhappy with his performances this season and on first viewing it looked like a less than powerful header at the middle of the goal and as others have pointed out from approximately six yards out so he could have either gone to try and collect the ball or done a better job of getting in the way of it.

Maybe he isn't to blame, like I say I don't know much about goalkeeping and others have pointed out it's no easy save, but he hasn't been comfortable all season for me.

I thought at the time Lillis could have come out to collect it, seemed too hesitant, his indecisiveness has cost us in the past, but no one is denying his shot stopping ability.

Life is a game of fate.

Sky Highlights on 20:41 - Mar 21 with 1430 viewsmacro

Well it answers the question about the yellow card for gd
Sky Highlights on 21:44 - Mar 21 with 1389 viewsD_Dale

Sky Highlights on 20:41 - Mar 21 by macro

Well it answers the question about the yellow card for gd

GD's booking should have been clear enough to observers, including the press, but neither Soccerbase nor the Football League record it: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/LineUpsDetail/0,,10794~3093844,00.html . I wonder if referees are expected to book players in the order that their offences were commited - so GD and then Frampton. I suppose the booking will go into the ref's report and eventually be recorded.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Sky Highlights on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 1375 viewsTVOS1907

Sky Highlights on 21:44 - Mar 21 by D_Dale

GD's booking should have been clear enough to observers, including the press, but neither Soccerbase nor the Football League record it: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/LineUpsDetail/0,,10794~3093844,00.html . I wonder if referees are expected to book players in the order that their offences were commited - so GD and then Frampton. I suppose the booking will go into the ref's report and eventually be recorded.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I would imagine the minute of the caution would be recorded by the referee, rather than the minute of the offence, especially as sorting out the fracas took precedence at the time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Sky Highlights on 22:32 - Mar 21 with 1353 viewsViva_la_Dale

Sky Highlights on 00:16 - Mar 21 by AtThePeake

TBH, for me - as soon as you see a Centre Half going out to block a cross your're in the sh1t.

You need your CH's in the centre heading the cross away. One last CH in the middle means your Full Back is somewhere they shouldn't be and the box is loaded more to the attacking team than the defending team.

It doesn't always work out, coz a load of the strikers in our league are sh1te, but it's always squeeky bum time!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024