Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Grant 21:56 - Mar 21 with 12171 viewsSalwaDale

Cheat who should be drummed out of the club as soon as possible?

Or someone who legitimately went down to emphasise an awful near assault?

Discuss.

TBBT

Bobby Grant on 09:40 - Mar 22 with 1956 viewsmaybee

Bobby Grant on 07:06 - Mar 22 by SalwaDale

He made it look to all and sundry that he'd been punched or butted. Their player then got sent off. Looking at the video he maybe didn't deserve the red card.

My thoughts are that I'm enjoying watching us so much more since Coleman went. The ridiculous antics have mostly gone too. Grant holding his face let the team down. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't like it. And I certainly hope we don't see it again.

I hope someone has got the same message through to Bobby. If not, then yeah I would get rid.

Disagree with you 100%.

Definate red card offence. Fed up with posters picking on our own players at every opportunity.
Bobby Grant on 09:49 - Mar 22 with 1933 viewsTVOS1907

He made it look to all and sundry that he'd been punched or butted. Their player then got sent off. Looking at the video he maybe didn't deserve the red card.

My thoughts are that I'm enjoying watching us so much more since Coleman went. The ridiculous antics have mostly gone too. Grant holding his face let the team down. Maybe I'm naive but I didn't like it. And I certainly hope we don't see it again.

I hope someone has got the same message through to Bobby. If not, then yeah I would get rid.

The question you have to ask is: "Did Frampton commit an act of violent conduct?", as detailed in the Laws of the Game.

Regardless of Grant's reaction to that act, it was violent conduct and a mandatory red card offence.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bobby Grant on 10:08 - Mar 22 with 1914 viewsgeorgedale

Bobby Grant on 09:49 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

The question you have to ask is: "Did Frampton commit an act of violent conduct?", as detailed in the Laws of the Game.

Regardless of Grant's reaction to that act, it was violent conduct and a mandatory red card offence.

Does it matter - Bobby play's for us nobody else stop moaning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Dale player at present - keep writing crap about him and I am sure he will be off at the next opportunity. Not many stikers in the lower league as good.

We need him for the battle this season and hopefuly part of the team that takes us up next season.
Bobby Grant on 10:26 - Mar 22 with 1901 viewsR442D

Seen as this is his only (apparent to yourself) 'cheat'. No he shouldn't be.

Oh... and also because he's simply one of the best players at our club too.

You silly forum member you
Bobby Grant on 10:34 - Mar 22 with 1892 viewsRAFC1907

Deary me, cant believe im even replying to this, I actually thought April fools was in a week or 2.

You ever watched Madrid? United? any premier league football? international football? any other football apart from Rochdale?

We should of had a pen on Tuesday night and didnt get one, the amount of biassed refs against us etc we need all the help we can get.

BOBBY FOR ENGLAND.

Poll: Bottomley...

Bobby Grant on 10:39 - Mar 22 with 1884 viewsdingdangblue

Bobby Grant on 10:08 - Mar 22 by georgedale

Best Dale player at present - keep writing crap about him and I am sure he will be off at the next opportunity. Not many stikers in the lower league as good.

We need him for the battle this season and hopefuly part of the team that takes us up next season.

Well said Georgie - and great goal the other night by the way.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bobby Grant on 10:42 - Mar 22 with 1882 views442Dale

He had to go as per the rules, but what is hard to understand is why, not being specific to this incident, any players go down holding various parts of their body when they know it'll appear on tv for everyone to judge.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bobby Grant on 10:55 - Mar 22 with 1867 viewsD_Alien

Just so all the "get on with your knitting" posters are in absolutely no doubt - describing what Grant does (and differentiating it from what Buckley does, as I did in my post) is one thing. Making a moral judgment is another.

I'm not making a moral judgment, so stick your knitting needles up your own arses.

However, those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by it too.

So a Plymouth player (to quote one moronic example from earlier in the thread) who gets one of our players sent off whilst feigning injury if we needed the result to stay up... yeah?

You're OK with that too?

You'd be the first on here crying your little eyes out and moaning about the injustice of it all.

Hypocrites.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Bobby Grant on 10:57 - Mar 22 with 1860 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 10:08 - Mar 22 by georgedale

Erm, I'm not moaning. I'm disagreeing with WiganDale. Calm down and read it again.

Bobby Grant on 10:59 - Mar 22 with 1854 viewsdingdangblue

Frampton is guilty of lying to his manager also - he told Allen that he didn't touch Grant.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bobby Grant on 11:00 - Mar 22 with 1853 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 09:40 - Mar 22 by maybee

Disagree with you 100%.

Definate red card offence. Fed up with posters picking on our own players at every opportunity.

Like BBM?

Bobby Grant on 11:23 - Mar 22 with 1823 viewssweetcorn

Couldn't disagree more.

It was a red card offence regardless of Grant's reaction to it.

'Grant holding his face let the team down. Maybe i'm naive but I didn't like it. And I certainly hope we don't see it again'

You should toughen up pal. This is the way of the world in football these days.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bobby Grant on 11:24 - Mar 22 with 1823 viewsmaybee

Bobby Grant on 11:00 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

Like BBM?

The fish looked at the bait, and refused it.

Must try harder.
Bobby Grant on 11:29 - Mar 22 with 1812 viewsjudd

Bobby Grant is to swap places with Dale Cregan.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bobby Grant on 11:39 - Mar 22 with 1801 viewsD_Alien

Bobby Grant on 11:29 - Mar 22 by judd

Bobby Grant is to swap places with Dale Cregan.

Has Cregan got a shot on him?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bobby Grant on 11:40 - Mar 22 with 1742 viewssweetcorn

Bobby Grant on 11:39 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Has Cregan got a shot on him?

I'd say so.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bobby Grant on 11:42 - Mar 22 with 1743 viewsKenBoon

I hate that people interpret the laws as "you cannot raise your hands to an opponent" as if Football is so vain you cannot touch the face. Violent conduct is striking anywhere. Touching someones face isn't violent conduct. It's touching someones face. Punching someone in the face is violent conduct.

From what I saw Frampton was going to cheat and ask for one of our players to be sent off, went steaming into Grant when he was going in to defend his team mate and steamed in too far. Red Card. Simple. He didn't run into him by accident. He knew he was there. He decided to confront another player and barge him with his chest and maybe his head. Cheerio.

In regards to Will Buckley. When he wasn't making defenders look like mugs he was usually being fouled by them. A lot of his dives were a result of stupid defending. I don't like it, but nor do I like stupid defenders who use their clumsiness as a skill by not quite winning a tackle but also not quite taking the opposition out and they get away with it (Sodje is a good example of this).
Bobby Grant on 12:35 - Mar 22 with 1704 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 11:24 - Mar 22 by maybee

The fish looked at the bait, and refused it.

Must try harder.

Right.

Bobby Grant on 12:43 - Mar 22 with 1689 viewsmaybee

Bobby Grant on 12:35 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

Right.

Fish catches angler
Bobby Grant on 12:55 - Mar 22 with 1668 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 12:43 - Mar 22 by maybee

Fish catches angler

Darby?

Bobby Grant on 12:56 - Mar 22 with 1666 viewsChaffRAFC

Agree wholeheartedly with SteTsGoldenBoot and Col. Both are spot on. The team as a whole, have behaved impeccably under Keith Hill whereas it was the complete opposite under John and Jimmy. I remember having a right good moan away at Morecambe in the FA Cup. I hadn't bought into the whole Grant diving and feigning injury thing until that day and I counted 7 times in the first half where he won a free kick and had quite clearly dived and conned the referee. I hated seeing that.

On Tuesday night, their defender was quite rightly sent off. It wasn't a headbutt, but it was a foul so to speak and it was violent conduct. There is no charge to answer for Bobby here.

Whether people like him or they don't. Bobby Grant is currently our most valuable player in my view in terms of his goals and his ability and I'd be doing everything I could to keep him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Bobby Grant on 13:41 - Mar 22 with 1622 viewsDale57

Bobby Grant on 10:55 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

Just so all the "get on with your knitting" posters are in absolutely no doubt - describing what Grant does (and differentiating it from what Buckley does, as I did in my post) is one thing. Making a moral judgment is another.

I'm not making a moral judgment, so stick your knitting needles up your own arses.

However, those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by it too.

So a Plymouth player (to quote one moronic example from earlier in the thread) who gets one of our players sent off whilst feigning injury if we needed the result to stay up... yeah?

You're OK with that too?

You'd be the first on here crying your little eyes out and moaning about the injustice of it all.

Hypocrites.

Its football,it happens..........get over it.Ffs there was a time when people could have a good gab over a beer after a match about the wrong and right decisions etc etc,if it was or was'nt over the line,there was some good hard tackling etc etc but as per,too many softies and taking away peoples pleasure.People are expected to sit in stands,behave themselves and clap like seals.No wonder football is going to the dogs.
Bobby Grant on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 1595 viewsolympicdale

People are over reacting to this whole situation IMO. Why is it suddenly Grants fault that he was the victim of a ridiculous and stupid decision by Frampton? He may have said something to Frampton to antagonize him, but you can not react like that, he had every right to go down. Since Hill has come back we haven't had any playacting and cheating behaviour, so this kind of incident stands out more, but he doesn't deserve to be criticised.

Life is a game of fate.

Bobby Grant on 13:59 - Mar 22 with 1597 viewssandylaner1

if bobby hadn't been in our team this season we'd be in the bottom 2 now

/thread
Bobby Grant on 13:59 - Mar 22 with 1595 viewsBobbyjoe

Players like Grant, Suarez, Maradonna, Rivaldo (good company!) are fools to themselves; they tarnish their own achievements. I'm not saying I would have behaved any better (Who knows?), but at such moments you reveal your true character. Pele and Bobby Moore weren't saints, but they will forever be immortal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024