Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v NZ thread 17:32 - May 16 with 2099 viewsColDale

Very concerned about Compton at the top of the innings. He seems to have weakened what was an excellent top order, and I know Strauss is very difficult to replace, but we've become somewhat brittle. I know he got a couple of tons in NZ, but I hate to say I agree with the Yorkies, but I'd feel much more comfortable with Root alongside Cook at the top.
England v NZ thread on 19:06 - May 28 with 237 viewsTalkingSutty

England v NZ thread on 18:31 - May 28 by D_Alien

"your point D_alien re: the last game of the ashes actually adds weight to the defence that the above decision was right. "

I don't think it does, though. I'm concerned about the inflexibility within the England camp in making decisions based on a range of (admittedly complex) factors. My fear is that when it really matters, Cook will bottle a bold declaration which could save us a test series simply because he's not been able (or allowed) to think along anything but ultra-cautious lines. It's not easy to change that type of mindset (hence my point about Coleman).

Yesterday presented him with a virtually risk-free opportunity to declare with intent, rather than caution.

I think the finger needs pointing at Flower more than Cook, he is the real driving force behind England becoming one of the best sides in World cricket and he rules the team with a rod of iron.

They wont admit it but the decision to bat again was a wrong one and they got away with it this time. They leave nothing to chance when analysing the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and to just dismiss a weather forecast is ridiculous.

The 5 day weather forecast /conditions is a major consideration when naming the starting eleven on the first morning of the match,it often dictates wether to choose a extra spin bowler or go with an all seam attack. So the weather forecast is often crucial to planning.

Lets hope they learn their lesson for the Ashes series.
England v NZ thread on 00:28 - Jun 7 with 172 viewsDaley_Lama

Compton has sealed his place for the Ashes today, 139 not out versus Durham albeit at home.

If it's any consolation, Aus have picked two similar County players in the hope that their relative success at that level is better than owt else they can muster.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024