Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JK 13:10 - Jun 21 with 9387 viewsSiDale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/jk-update-875732.aspx
JK on 13:21 - Jun 21 with 5519 viewsD_Dale

Most managers - except of course bury's - are signing players and keeping their fans interested by commenting on how these signings are expected to figure in next season's games. Which make me wonder why JK hasn't already agreed terms and given the usual interview to say how excited he is about joining Bradford City (or wherever). But, then, I thought Grimes and Gornell would have new clubs by now.
JK on 13:23 - Jun 21 with 5492 viewsolympicdale

What I dont get about this whole situation, why hasnt JK actually told Hill he didnt want to stay long before now. It was obvious to the fans for sometime he wasnt going to stay, I respect JK massivelly he's been a great servent, but it just seems to me that he's been messing around with the manager, and I hope that Hill has not lost out on his number one CM target waiting for Jk to sign.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 13:26 - Jun 21 with 5472 viewsrochdale1987

So he might still sign? Or definately going? Hmm
JK on 13:29 - Jun 21 with 5452 viewsIOMDale

Definitely sounds as though he's off now. Hilly said the likely club is 'much closer to home'. I can't remember who mentioned Hartlepool on here, but we could well be seeing him back 1st game of the season.

Hilly said he could even have another midfielder secured before Monday.

UTDNFS

JK on 13:31 - Jun 21 with 5445 viewsColDale

JK on 13:23 - Jun 21 by olympicdale

What I dont get about this whole situation, why hasnt JK actually told Hill he didnt want to stay long before now. It was obvious to the fans for sometime he wasnt going to stay, I respect JK massivelly he's been a great servent, but it just seems to me that he's been messing around with the manager, and I hope that Hill has not lost out on his number one CM target waiting for Jk to sign.

That's unfair on JK. I imagine he's personally always been very at Rochdale and very happy with the value of the contract on offer. Due to personal circumstances, a move closer to home would suit after years of living away from home. He may not get that offer that he wishes, but it would be the preferred choice for him and his family. Keith Hill seems very comfortable with the situation and as shown in the interview will not feel let down or messed about in any way at all.
JK on 13:39 - Jun 21 with 5387 viewsSaxonDale

JK on 13:29 - Jun 21 by IOMDale

Definitely sounds as though he's off now. Hilly said the likely club is 'much closer to home'. I can't remember who mentioned Hartlepool on here, but we could well be seeing him back 1st game of the season.

Hilly said he could even have another midfielder secured before Monday.

In the interview Hill suggested that JK may still be in this league come next season, which would point towards Hartlepool given their location. If it's true then I'd like to thank JK for the fantastic servant and continual presence of professionalism that came from him during not only Hill's first reign but then that of Eyre and Coleman. However that said I trust Hill to sign a more than able replacement. In a way I'm just grateful that JK has chosen to leave now on very good terms with the club, management and fans as opposed to in January under Coleman. Good luck in the future JK, time for Rochdale to move on and look to the future.
JK on 13:46 - Jun 21 with 5347 viewselectricblue

It comes across that JK is trying to force hills hand.
In other words JK cant make his mind up to stay or go and if hill signs a replacement then that effectively makes up his mind to leave.....
But what gets me is even though hes been travelling to spotland etc for a good number of seasons why now all of a sudden is he not wanting to travel.....
Something not quite right.....
Is it possible an interested club as withdrawn its off and leaves JK wondering what to do next....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

JK on 13:50 - Jun 21 with 5327 viewsD_Alien

JK on 13:39 - Jun 21 by SaxonDale

In the interview Hill suggested that JK may still be in this league come next season, which would point towards Hartlepool given their location. If it's true then I'd like to thank JK for the fantastic servant and continual presence of professionalism that came from him during not only Hill's first reign but then that of Eyre and Coleman. However that said I trust Hill to sign a more than able replacement. In a way I'm just grateful that JK has chosen to leave now on very good terms with the club, management and fans as opposed to in January under Coleman. Good luck in the future JK, time for Rochdale to move on and look to the future.

100% seconded. Every single word.

It's utter rubbish for anyone to suggest JK is playing fast and loose with Hilly or the club. He's a genuine guy, probably reluctant to leave but trying to do what's best for his family and future.

Best of luck JK, with the Dale or elsewhere. Just don't suddenly start sticking 30-yarders in against us again!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

JK on 13:53 - Jun 21 with 5307 viewsAtThePeake

I can imagine JK has been waiting for an offer to come in. I don't think it's a case of him wanting to leave and so leaving straight away - he has probably taken the time to weigh up his options and has now possibly found one that suits him more than here, which is understandable.

Wonder who the likely new CM is then?

Tangled up in blue.

JK on 13:54 - Jun 21 with 5297 viewsTalkingSutty

JK on 13:46 - Jun 21 by electricblue

In other words JK cant make his mind up to stay or go and if hill signs a replacement then that effectively makes up his mind to leave.....
But what gets me is even though hes been travelling to spotland etc for a good number of seasons why now all of a sudden is he not wanting to travel.....
Is it possible an interested club as withdrawn its off and leaves JK wondering what to do next....

I think JK has a young family and thats the real reason why he wants to be nearer to home. The guys been a fantastic servant to our club and will always be remembered as one of the key players in our promotion season.

He owes our club nothing and stayed loyal even through the last couple of bad years. I wish him all the best for the future.
JK on 13:57 - Jun 21 with 5275 viewsBrierls

JK on 13:53 - Jun 21 by AtThePeake

I can imagine JK has been waiting for an offer to come in. I don't think it's a case of him wanting to leave and so leaving straight away - he has probably taken the time to weigh up his options and has now possibly found one that suits him more than here, which is understandable.

I've never heard of JK's replacement, but in Hilly's judgement I trust!
JK on 13:59 - Jun 21 with 5267 viewsBigDaveMyCock

In terms of technical ability he's Championship player, just a lack of pace meant he hasn't, as yet, got there. I've always said that Tutte could do no worse to look at the way Kennedy moves the ball on - Cav seems to have done that in the latter stages of the season. Good in the air, works hard and reads the game well to boot. One of my all time favourites - a technically gifted player that you don't see to many of in this division. Enjoyed watching him. It's no use................ don't go JK......I think I love you.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

JK on 14:00 - Jun 21 with 5257 viewsBrierls

JK has been a fantastic servant to the club, just about as honest a pro as you're likely to meet. His surprise decision to join Dale was based on football reasons, when he could have got more money elsewhere, and his decision to leave is based on family reasons when I'm sure he could have got more money elsewhere.

I hope he gets a cracking reception come the 3rd August, he deserves it!*

* based on the fact that Hartlepool is a damn sight closer to Middlesbrough than Bradford!

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
JK on 14:04 - Jun 21 with 5233 viewsChaffRAFC

Nonsense.

Kennedy has had a big big decision to make and it's purely because he didn't want to leave us. The whole issue has been about his family being in the North East and that's been the deciding factor so I suspect he'll be playing at Hartlepool or Bradford next season.

One thing is for certain, we cannot be accused of not trying hard enough to keep him. We've tried moving Heaven and Earth to keep him.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

JK on 14:15 - Jun 21 with 5181 viewsroccydaleian

JK on 13:54 - Jun 21 by TalkingSutty

I think JK has a young family and thats the real reason why he wants to be nearer to home. The guys been a fantastic servant to our club and will always be remembered as one of the key players in our promotion season.

He owes our club nothing and stayed loyal even through the last couple of bad years. I wish him all the best for the future.

Agreed. Well said TS.
JK on 14:33 - Jun 21 with 5103 viewsolympicdale

JK on 13:53 - Jun 21 by AtThePeake

I'm not suggesting he's playing fast and loose with the club or the manager, it just seems that if the main reason for him wanting to leave is to be nearer his family in the north east, he could have told Hill weeks previous he was not going to stay on that basis. We, as an area are not going to suddenly move northwards over night.

I am going to miss his calming influence that he gave the midfield, hardly ever putting a foot wrong or indeed a pass, I never thought we would even get last year out of him. I am not convinced procter is the answer to replace him, whoever does come in to replace him will have relatively big shoes to fill on a consistent basis.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 14:38 - Jun 21 with 5081 viewsChaffRAFC

JK on 14:33 - Jun 21 by olympicdale

I'm not suggesting he's playing fast and loose with the club or the manager, it just seems that if the main reason for him wanting to leave is to be nearer his family in the north east, he could have told Hill weeks previous he was not going to stay on that basis. We, as an area are not going to suddenly move northwards over night.

I am going to miss his calming influence that he gave the midfield, hardly ever putting a foot wrong or indeed a pass, I never thought we would even get last year out of him. I am not convinced procter is the answer to replace him, whoever does come in to replace him will have relatively big shoes to fill on a consistent basis.

"but it just seems to me that he's been messing around with the manager"

So yes, you are suggesting just that.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

JK on 14:43 - Jun 21 with 5054 viewsBrierls

JK on 14:33 - Jun 21 by olympicdale

That's exactly what you suggested.

The club were more than aware of the 'issue' with the distance between JK and his family. Read Chaff's post, digest it, and then put your brain in gear and think about what he could mean based on whats been said about being closer to his family. You may realise why it wasn't the black & white decision that you're making out.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
JK on 15:02 - Jun 21 with 5000 viewsSuddenLad

JK on 13:21 - Jun 21 by D_Dale

Most managers - except of course bury's - are signing players and keeping their fans interested by commenting on how these signings are expected to figure in next season's games. Which make me wonder why JK hasn't already agreed terms and given the usual interview to say how excited he is about joining Bradford City (or wherever). But, then, I thought Grimes and Gornell would have new clubs by now.

I perfectly understand the dilemma that JK faces and I am sure that he will make his decision for entirely the right reasons. His family must always come first and if that means re-locating his job, then so be it. If it happens, he will leave here with my best wishes and my thanks for his dedication and commitment whilst he's been a Dale player. He's been a shining example to some of the dross that he has been encumbered by during the last 2 seasons. If only others had followed his example.

That said, I'm not surprised that Grimes and Gornell are (apparently) not yet 'snapped up'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

JK on 15:03 - Jun 21 with 4998 viewsfitzochris

Sad to lose him but, as I said on another thread, he has more than earned the right to move on with our best wishes. I would understand if it was for a better deal but am even more understanding if he is moving for family reasons.

Onwards though, and I look forward with interest to see who Hilly has in mind to fill JK's boots.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

JK on 15:20 - Jun 21 with 4931 viewsColDale

JK on 13:46 - Jun 21 by electricblue

Based on his family at the Awards Evening, his young lad looked to be about 2, so it not have seemed an issue when he signed his last contract but given the past couple of years, it's become an issue since then.
JK on 15:30 - Jun 21 with 4888 viewsfitzochris

JK on 15:03 - Jun 21 by fitzochris

Sad to lose him but, as I said on another thread, he has more than earned the right to move on with our best wishes. I would understand if it was for a better deal but am even more understanding if he is moving for family reasons.

Onwards though, and I look forward with interest to see who Hilly has in mind to fill JK's boots.

It wasn't a long wait.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

JK on 15:39 - Jun 21 with 4858 viewsolympicdale

JK on 14:04 - Jun 21 by ChaffRAFC

Nonsense.

Kennedy has had a big big decision to make and it's purely because he didn't want to leave us. The whole issue has been about his family being in the North East and that's been the deciding factor so I suspect he'll be playing at Hartlepool or Bradford next season.

One thing is for certain, we cannot be accused of not trying hard enough to keep him. We've tried moving Heaven and Earth to keep him.

I do respect JK for not making a rash choice and turning down the contract immediately, this would have come across that it was a financial decision. I get that he did not want to go, and that to stay here was probably his first preferred choice, but he must have known that he wanted to be closer to the north east for some time. The club will have pulled out all the stocks to keep him, I do not doubt that for a second.

Life is a game of fate.

JK on 15:50 - Jun 21 with 4819 views442Dale

Honestly believe that if Kennedy was making a decision based purely on football, he'd be here for the rest of his career and would blow the Jones appearance record out of the water. If he had signed again, this probably would have happened.

He's a very rare breed in the modern game where players will bounce all over the country taking their family from house to house. A modern day footballer with old school views on life. Massive loss.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

JK on 15:54 - Jun 21 with 4792 viewsdilligas

I assume the signing of Lund stamps the departure of jk
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024