Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit in stock now ! 09:38 - Jul 3 with 17592 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/newkits-arrive-891738.aspx

The new kits have arrived ahead of schedule and are on sale immediately in the club shop.

That bloody sponsors logo looks awful, goalkeepers kit looks the best of the lot for me.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit in stock now ! on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 6951 viewsfitzochris

The home shirt is horrendous. This will be the first year I cannot justify buying it. £40 for that! Ugh.

It'll have to be the white one this season, although I'll run the gauntlet of pie and bovril stains as I did with the white Carcraft shirt we had circa '95.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New Kit in stock now ! on 09:50 - Jul 3 with 6927 viewsDale27

New Kit in stock now ! on 09:47 - Jul 3 by fitzochris

The home shirt is horrendous. This will be the first year I cannot justify buying it. £40 for that! Ugh.

It'll have to be the white one this season, although I'll run the gauntlet of pie and bovril stains as I did with the white Carcraft shirt we had circa '95.

Couldn't agree more - people actually voted for that?!?! White kit looks ok though
New Kit in stock now ! on 10:03 - Jul 3 with 6899 viewsShakerMaker

That home shirt is disgusting. Away strip is nice. Probably both be better than what we get served up.
New Kit in stock now ! on 10:25 - Jul 3 with 6846 viewsBarryStrange

Of course your away kit looks great - seen as how it is basically a Bury home shirt.

Decent keeper kit mind.
New Kit in stock now ! on 10:37 - Jul 3 with 6823 viewssandylaner23

Both are terrible, they remind me of a Sunday league kit you could buy at the old jjb.

They could have made it look half decent though by making the sponsor logo white instead of red,
lower it and have it so the oil part is underneath the crown so it doesn't stretch all the way across.

I thought last years Fila kit was good simple design and it didnt fall to bits like carbrini, but this year just looks awful for me.

It will be a big hit in the pocket if we can't shift these.
New Kit in stock now ! on 11:21 - Jul 3 with 6742 viewsCockneyDale

I usually like to have the current shirt, but i just can't bring myself to like either strip. The home one is just a mess.

I find myself looking enviously at the quality designs coming from the bigger named kit providers and wishing we had gone down that route. Undoubtedly we get a better percentage per shirt with Fila, but how many fewer do we sell? Maybe the leisure wear will more up to scratch this year, to make up for it. Maybe not.

There's always next year...
New Kit in stock now ! on 11:33 - Jul 3 with 6695 views442Dale

As was said in the thread a couple of weeks ago, it's not the fault of anyone who voted (and the club must not use this when talking about sales), it was that all three choices were poor. Anyone who knows anything about kits wouldn't have put them up for vote.

Amazed Crown Oil wanted red rather than white lettering on the home shirt. It might well be their corporate colour for the logo, but it just doesn't read very well. I'm sure everyone involved in this process was aware of what Ramsdens did at Middlesbrough to solve a similar problem.

Edit: and why are the shirts not showing on the club shop page? And where is the training kit on there too as it arrived TWO weeks ago?
That photoshoot had been done and as soon as the shirts arrived, the page for the club shop page ( which could have already been pre-prepared) should have been included as a link off the main story.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:41 - Jul 3 with 6661 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Quite simply awful home shirt.

Another year of poor sales figures ahead for the Club Shop I suspect.
Login to get fewer ads

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:43 - Jul 3 with 6653 viewsfitzochris

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:33 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

As was said in the thread a couple of weeks ago, it's not the fault of anyone who voted (and the club must not use this when talking about sales), it was that all three choices were poor. Anyone who knows anything about kits wouldn't have put them up for vote.

Amazed Crown Oil wanted red rather than white lettering on the home shirt. It might well be their corporate colour for the logo, but it just doesn't read very well. I'm sure everyone involved in this process was aware of what Ramsdens did at Middlesbrough to solve a similar problem.

Edit: and why are the shirts not showing on the club shop page? And where is the training kit on there too as it arrived TWO weeks ago?
That photoshoot had been done and as soon as the shirts arrived, the page for the club shop page ( which could have already been pre-prepared) should have been included as a link off the main story.

Crown's corporate colour does seem to be red but, as anyone who has worked with brand guidelines will know, most corporate logos have a colour scheme to reflect the field on which they're placed.

As you say, I would be amazed if Crown didn't have a white version of their logo for when it is placed on a dark field. If they do, it should have been used on our home shirt. However, I don't even think that would be enough to save it.

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:45 - Jul 3 with 6645 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:43 - Jul 3 by fitzochris

Crown's corporate colour does seem to be red but, as anyone who has worked with brand guidelines will know, most corporate logos have a colour scheme to reflect the field on which they're placed.

As you say, I would be amazed if Crown didn't have a white version of their logo for when it is placed on a dark field. If they do, it should have been used on our home shirt. However, I don't even think that would be enough to save it.

And as said, they better not once utter "well, it's the one fans wanted"

That would miss the point spectacularly.

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 6643 viewsSaxonDale

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:43 - Jul 3 by fitzochris

Agree, the club should have consulted this company before the final design was complete

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:29 - Jul 3 with 6553 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 11:21 - Jul 3 by CockneyDale

I usually like to have the current shirt, but i just can't bring myself to like either strip. The home one is just a mess.

I find myself looking enviously at the quality designs coming from the bigger named kit providers and wishing we had gone down that route. Undoubtedly we get a better percentage per shirt with Fila, but how many fewer do we sell? Maybe the leisure wear will more up to scratch this year, to make up for it. Maybe not.

There's always next year...

Disagree completely on the designs point. Some of the standard templates used by Nike and adidas are poor, and numerous clubs are using them. eg. Barca's Nike 'fade away-two tone' away kit of last season is being used by Orient and Dundee United and looks terrible.

Meanwhile Fila have produced three superb shirts for Bournemouth. Simple and uncluttered. We should have asked for better designs when sent the three we got.

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:35 - Jul 3 with 6516 viewschuckleberry

Home shirt is bloody awful, urgh!
New Kit in stock now ! on 12:36 - Jul 3 with 6511 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Look OK to me......Crown Oil's Corporate colour is red and cannot be changed.

The font of the lettering is also something that the shirt manufacturers are locked into.

Just make the best of it.
New Kit in stock now ! on 12:42 - Jul 3 with 6491 viewswindowsbug

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:36 - Jul 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Look OK to me......Crown Oil's Corporate colour is red and cannot be changed.

The font of the lettering is also something that the shirt manufacturers are locked into.

Just make the best of it.

Horrendous.
Thats what you get when you design by commitee.
New Kit in stock now ! on 12:44 - Jul 3 with 6486 viewsFred_Talbot

Super League>Uhlsport>Carbrini>Fila>Dogshit

Where's Fred?

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:51 - Jul 3 with 6464 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:42 - Jul 3 by windowsbug

Horrendous.
Thats what you get when you design by commitee.

Who designed it though?

Re People actually voted for that ? ! on 12:57 - Jul 3 with 6445 viewswimborne_dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 09:50 - Jul 3 by Dale27

Couldn't agree more - people actually voted for that?!?! White kit looks ok though

No. People did NOT actually vote for that! They couldn't have voted for it if they wanted to because it was not one of the options given at the time of the vote. What we voted for was the kit that was shown on the website AT THAT TIME, which was pretty much the same as that for our promotion season (as worn by the snowman in my avatar). But that and the one we have NOW are two completely different things!

In hindsight I wish I had kept screenshots of the pages. I voted for the Inter stripes but I did not vote for this, its awful!

Edgar Allan's Crow

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:58 - Jul 3 with 6442 views1907

Reg would be rolling in his grave if he saw this. Its a football shirt not a fashion shirt. I purchase the shirt whatever it looks like as I support the team and the brand that pay us the most. Nobody has even seen it in the flesh yet so reserve your judgement.
New Kit in stock now ! on 13:02 - Jul 3 with 6423 viewsjudd

I never buy shirts anyway, but these designs are shite.

The white one, as Barry points out, is too close to a bury kit for comfort.

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:02 - Jul 3 with 6423 viewsChaffRAFC

The home shirt would be nice without that big red sponsor on it. That alone makes it look awful.

The away shirt is truly awful, and God only knows why it was a) given as a choice and b) voted for ahead of either of the other options. Why in Gods name would we want a bury kit as an away kit.

The choices we were given were a joke and the club really do need to learn from this.

I wont be buying either until the end of season sale and I'll only be buying one of those because I get a shirt signed to go on my stairs in my house every year.

Says a lot that the GK kit is the best by a mile.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:06 - Jul 3 with 6408 views442Dale

Re People actually voted for that ? ! on 12:57 - Jul 3 by wimborne_dale

No. People did NOT actually vote for that! They couldn't have voted for it if they wanted to because it was not one of the options given at the time of the vote. What we voted for was the kit that was shown on the website AT THAT TIME, which was pretty much the same as that for our promotion season (as worn by the snowman in my avatar). But that and the one we have NOW are two completely different things!

In hindsight I wish I had kept screenshots of the pages. I voted for the Inter stripes but I did not vote for this, its awful!

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530

Same design, apart from a central badge.

Far too much black on all three shirts with the sleeves being that colour. The current shirt would actually look much better with blue sleeves for example. These are the things to be considered.

The Bury thing was so easily solved if those involved had asked for a white option containing black trim too. All been said before.

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:16 - Jul 3 with 6380 viewswimborne_dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:06 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530

Same design, apart from a central badge.

Far too much black on all three shirts with the sleeves being that colour. The current shirt would actually look much better with blue sleeves for example. These are the things to be considered.

The Bury thing was so easily solved if those involved had asked for a white option containing black trim too. All been said before.

Re "Same design, apart from a central badge"

Look at my avatar and look at the new kit on the official site. The colours are the same but the stripes are different. So they are not the same design.

Edgar Allan's Crow

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:18 - Jul 3 with 6371 viewsfitzochris

"Crown Oil's Corporate colour is red and cannot be changed"

Do you know this for a fact? If this is true, they either need a brand identity manager, or, if they have one, they need a new one.

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:20 - Jul 3 with 6359 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:16 - Jul 3 by wimborne_dale

Re "Same design, apart from a central badge"

Look at my avatar and look at the new kit on the official site. The colours are the same but the stripes are different. So they are not the same design.

The kit that won the vote was one of the options available to vote on, as per the link from the time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024