Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Few thoughts from tonight 22:25 - Oct 22 with 6364 viewsColDale

* Their wall moved to the left just before Rose's free kick. I don't think it would have beat the wall had they not moved.

* I'd like to think the winning goal came in time added on for Northampton's time wasting

* The Matt Duke scramble back after Donnelly's winning shot made it all the sweeter (though why he never fed it through to Henderson I've no idea)

* Fair play to everyone for sticking to the gameplan tonight. When your Plan A is as good as our's, we shouldn't bother with a Plan B. Give it time, it will pay off.

* We should all be on Herbalife. This official partner the club has in this field doesn't stand a chance.

* We're top of the league
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 1910 viewsD_Dale

A Cobbler's 'Just got back':

Just back from Spotlands, totally gutted.

However.....

For 65-70 minutes this was actually a pretty good performance, I'd go as far as say as very good and completely the opposite of the turgid negativity I saw half a dozen times last year.

Fantastic strike by Norris for the first goal. I'd say their equaliser stemmed from Dallas needlessly trying to close down their CB whilst he was still in his own half and leaving the LB too much space to attack. Perhaps thats a bit harsh but it happened quite a few times in the first half. In any case Dallas redeemed himself with a great run and finish to put us 2-1 up.

Rochdale are not a bad side, you can see why they're top. They have two decent CB's who are very comfortable on the ball and their midfield play sharp, incisive football. That said, Carter, Deegan and especially Morris worked bloody hard and broke most of it down.

Norris looked half decent but boy does he need to get match fit. He was fooked before half time.

It started to go **** up when Toney came on. I'm not directly blaming the lad, he's young but he looks two years and a dozen good helpings of treacle pudding off being able to keep L2 CB's from knocking him off the ball. He's also lacking that basic nous a L2 forward needs too. His place on the bench does though, reflect our dire need for more substance up front.

Rochdale grabbed more and more possession and you could kind of sense the desperation and fear setting in. We starting just wellying it into their half and it kept coming back. That said, their equaliser was a strange one. They got a very dubious free kick just over 20 yards out and I don't know what the wall was doing but somehow Duke got beat on the side the wall should have been dealing with. Maybe the angle I was sat at was deceptive but the free kick didn't look that special and I think the wall and to an extent Duke, will be disappointed.

Their winner was pretty cruel and I did feel very sorry for the lads but thats the kind of $hit that happens when you're at the wrong end of the table. If I was to be hypercritical, I'd say Duke, having got a good hand on it, should have kept it out but it trickled in.

In open play, the defence was solid enough, I wouldn't blame them particularly. If I were to be picky, Rochdale exposed a bit of aerial inadequacy in Widdowson and Collins. Doumbe and Reid were solid enough but I'd rather have Dales two CB's.

The midfield trio of Carter, Morris and Deegan worked hard but again, not as good on the ball as Dales. Dallas was good going forward but needs to learn how to keep tabs on his fullback. Hackett was very disappointing, he had a few runs very early on but for me, didn't provide the escape outlet he should.

Norris, as I said earlier, is not bad at all, but unfit. That'll come.

As for AB.... If the players played as per his instruction then fair dues. We weren't negative particularly. We knew we'd have to soak up some pressure and for the majority of the game, we did it well and broke with genuine purpose.

I hope this doesn't shoot the players confidence. We may not have deserved a win on balance - but we didn't deserve a defeat either

The defeat was gutting but the performance was not bad at all. Doesn't get us up the table but personally for me, does give some hope that similar performances will reap a fairer dividend
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 1905 viewsboromat

Great game tonight. Hopefully all the extras that got in for a fiver will come again.

I thought Northampton were the first team to come here and give us real respect. They came with a very good game plan and it very nearly worked. Their first goal was a wonder strike their second I put down to rose not staying on his feet lucky for him he scored the freekick. I don't think we were at our best tonight but we were better than a well organised Northampton. We just about deserved the win on the second half performance. The sub's made a huge difference and if Lund is injured and hogan isn't back I can see us starting the next game with the player that were on at the end.

Great game I'm still on a high!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:32 - Oct 22 with 1873 viewsD_Dale

Few thoughts from tonight on 22:52 - Oct 22 by bazingadale

Dicker was awful tonight
Him and rose were terrible

Well, judging by his tweet, Rose is happy enough:
Another amazin end to a game!! Disappointing 1st half from us but the result is the main thing! Thanx for all ur msg's! Buzzin with my goal!
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:32 - Oct 22 with 1869 viewsdingdangblue

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:14 - Oct 22 by R17ALE

It wasn't luck, it was a good finish, even if he didn't hit the ball as cleanly as he'd have liked, and Duke (who looked uncannily like Keith Welch) had weak wrists.

Welch would have saved it tbf!

She would've saved it!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:42]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:37 - Oct 22 with 1835 viewsD_Alien

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:32 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

She would've saved it!
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:42]

Prob why Duke's got weak wrists

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:40 - Oct 22 with 1807 viewsdingdangblue

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:14 - Oct 22 by R17ALE

It wasn't luck, it was a good finish, even if he didn't hit the ball as cleanly as he'd have liked, and Duke (who looked uncannily like Keith Welch) had weak wrists.

Welch would have saved it tbf!

2 bits of luck then.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:44]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:54 - Oct 22 with 1729 viewssandylaner1

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:37 - Oct 22 by D_Alien

Prob why Duke's got weak wrists

[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:55]
Few thoughts from tonight on 23:57 - Oct 22 with 1702 viewsD_Alien

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:54 - Oct 22 by sandylaner1

[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:55]

I'll bet she has a cross cum shot

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:11 - Oct 23 with 1645 viewsSandyman

Credit to Northampton - they were way above the likes of Newport and Torquay when it comes to playing football, they were well organised and scored two excellent goals. Once results start going their way you could see a sniff at the play-offs for them. However, they got at least 3 very lucky blocks in during the second half and the match long time wasting throughout the team got them what they deserved.

Dale had something to contend with tonight and, probably deservedly, came through victorious. Some harsh comments on here about certain players and, as ever, as at any club, moans and groans from the terraces when we are less than perfect. But results speak volumes and the league table doesn't lie.

The most famous and successful club in the world ever got a draw against a team playing non league football last year and rose a massive wow wow wow revolutionary two places up the league to 20th with an incredible ten massive points.

Lowly little Rochdale only rose one place in the table and are top of the league.

Mint. KHBA.
Few thoughts from tonight on 00:28 - Oct 23 with 1589 viewsbazingadale

Few thoughts from tonight on 23:14 - Oct 22 by roccydaleian

Fook off.

Think you'll find I'm entitled to an opinion of our players showing tonight it is a messageeboard after all. Don't gloss over the fact we were not at the races tonight and we were fortunate to get the win
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:31 - Oct 23 with 1582 viewsDaley_Lama

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:40 - Oct 22 by dingdangblue

2 bits of luck then.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2013 23:44]

Cancelled out by the run and touch he made to create the winning chance?

I dont give a fig tbh, 3 points on a really really tough night delivered by a poor shot (not me) or poor keeper (not me)

Well done georgie d, methinks it will be his nod up front on Satdee and Cummins/Bunney at first swap.

Fit, on their toes, raring to go, then Hogan will be back in the equation.

There's a club not too far away working out who to pick rather than who not to pick.

Poll: DF in or out

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:34 - Oct 23 with 1578 viewsroccydaleian

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:28 - Oct 23 by bazingadale

Think you'll find I'm entitled to an opinion of our players showing tonight it is a messageeboard after all. Don't gloss over the fact we were not at the races tonight and we were fortunate to get the win

Aye well. You can still fook off for me. We're top of the league and people are having a pop at some players. Do one.
(No subject) (n/t) on 00:44 - Oct 23 with 1543 viewsdingdangblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 00:31 - Oct 23 by Daley_Lama

Cancelled out by the run and touch he made to create the winning chance?

I dont give a fig tbh, 3 points on a really really tough night delivered by a poor shot (not me) or poor keeper (not me)

Well done georgie d, methinks it will be his nod up front on Satdee and Cummins/Bunney at first swap.

Fit, on their toes, raring to go, then Hogan will be back in the equation.

There's a club not too far away working out who to pick rather than who not to pick.

And had he connected perfectly and smashed it who's to say Duke may have stopped it or it flys high or wide - last time we went top of the league on a Tuesday night we ended up staying there for 4 months! Here's to being top again.

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:45 - Oct 23 with 1540 viewsbazingadale

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:34 - Oct 23 by roccydaleian

Aye well. You can still fook off for me. We're top of the league and people are having a pop at some players. Do one.

Yeh I'm chuffed as anyone to be top but do u want me to come on here and lie about player performances
Few thoughts from tonight on 00:58 - Oct 23 with 1514 viewsDaley_Lama

I think the old adage is, if you have nowt constructive to say, then say nowt.

On the day that The Mighty Facebook allowed be-headings to be shown on their 'social' media network however, it would appear that common sense no longer applies and the power of the individual outweighs that of the common good.

Do what you want to do basically, but dont be surprised ic you get told to swearyword off.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2013 0:58]

Poll: DF in or out

Few thoughts from tonight on 07:30 - Oct 23 with 1343 viewsnordenblue

To say Rose was awful is slightly an over reaction,Dicker as previously mentioned was doubled up on to stop us playing through him and he's struggled as anyone would,to say he's terrible is laughable!!Your comment about Rose is poor,the same player(fullback!!!!) who smashed the crosssbar first half and drew us level with a quality finish in the last minutes!!Im fairy certain most teams in our league wouldn't mind swapping their players for some of our "awful" squad!!!
Few thoughts from tonight on 07:30 - Oct 23 with 1343 viewsaleanddale

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:58 - Oct 23 by Daley_Lama

On the day that The Mighty Facebook allowed be-headings to be shown on their 'social' media network however, it would appear that common sense no longer applies and the power of the individual outweighs that of the common good.

Do what you want to do basically, but dont be surprised ic you get told to swearyword off.

hear hear - This Bazingadale.
Few thoughts from tonight on 07:38 - Oct 23 with 1318 viewsaleanddale

Fair play to Northampton I agree a lot better than Newport and Torquay.

why didnt they continue to play football and be positive. The writing was on the wall with the change in approach 30 minutes to go with the timewasting antics. Sometimes you end up with what you deserve and on the blatent time wasting alone the cobblers ended up with just that - NOWT.

Dale neat and tidy whilst not at our absolute best and the first half you couldnt tell who was 2nd top and who was 2nd bottom.

Dicker had a poor game although he stuck to what he does best and that resulted in the late winner with a passage of neat passing rather than hoofball.

Hendo MOM - by a mile. Honourary mention to Gorgeous George now thats more like it - more of the same please on Saturday.

we were nearly sunk by 2 x spectacular goals. couldnt see an equaliser but when it did get to 2-2 i could certainly see a winner coming and pleased it was George who got it.

These are special times so I am enjoying it day by day. Roll on Saturday.

keep having a cheeky look at the league table.

Up the Dale.

Oh - I hope plenty of the £5 day trippers enjoyed themselves and make the effort for the Wimbledon game on the 2nd November.
Few thoughts from tonight on 07:55 - Oct 23 with 1281 viewsbatman

We were commenting that, this was the type of result you get when the team at
the top win it and the team at the bottom loose it. One of those things, but glad
were the one's benefiting.
also that with 15mins to go we'd rather watch this team play the way they do and
loose rather than (early) last seasons fare and win.
Few thoughts from tonight on 10:58 - Oct 23 with 1134 viewsbazingadale

Few thoughts from tonight on 07:30 - Oct 23 by aleanddale

hear hear - This Bazingadale.

Seriously don't see the issue in me saying a couple of players weren't at the races tonight. Looks like people agree on the ratings but I get a telling off for posting it
[Post edited 23 Oct 2013 10:59]
Few thoughts from tonight on 11:12 - Oct 23 with 1110 viewsRalphs12

Few thoughts from tonight on 10:58 - Oct 23 by bazingadale

Seriously don't see the issue in me saying a couple of players weren't at the races tonight. Looks like people agree on the ratings but I get a telling off for posting it

I think it's because you didn't just say they weren't at the races you said they were awful. I do agree some of the lads had a below par game but we still managed to grind out the result which is a great sign.
Few thoughts from tonight on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 1085 viewssweetcorn

Few thoughts from tonight on 00:58 - Oct 23 by Daley_Lama

HAHA you couldn't make this up, if I told someone to fook off for offering there opinion, you'd all have your botty cream out again and jumping on the sweetcorn hater hype.

In reality, dicker was poor, real poor. Often misplaced passes and looked a little 'too calm' in possesion, which lead to him loosing the ball because he was too slow to release it.

We were poor last night, they were good for the draw, however we've nicked it, which shows the sort of side we are, to not be at our best and still get a win is a testament to this team.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Few thoughts from tonight on 11:57 - Oct 23 with 1038 viewsaleanddale

Few thoughts from tonight on 10:58 - Oct 23 by bazingadale

fair enough but sometimes - just sometimes its better to have a cheeky wry smile - say nowt rather than seek out a negative.

we were a long way from being perfect and some players looked a little off the pace but we won 3-2 and 7 x wins in the last 8 games means they can have an off night and maybe should be immune from microscopic nit picking.

7 x wins in 8!!!!

Up the Dale!!!!!!

But Dicker was crap.
Few thoughts from tonight on 12:07 - Oct 23 with 1012 viewsYouTubeDale

I liked it when we were leading and Beech got the ball. He held it in the air in front of the 4th official pretending to time waste. There must have been a few choice words from Beechy at this point.

I thought Tutte would have scored if it wasn't blocked on a number of occasions. He has a venomous shot on him and it did cause Duke to spill his first shot. I know one shot was awful but I could see him scoring last night. His little touches were up there with the rest of the team and I can see him featuring more and more especially now Lund is injured.

The victory was even sweeter after the frustrating time wasting - Rose was having a right go at the ref just before the free kick. I bet he felt reet good when the ball went in.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Few thoughts from tonight on 12:36 - Oct 23 with 958 viewsfitzochris

I wasn't at the game last night, but what I've seen of Rose so far this season I have liked. I don't think he gets the credit for some of the decent balls he puts into the box. I honestly think if we had a real decent striker up front, a lot of these deliveries would have been put into the net. I know Rose can be culpable at the back sometimes, but he, along with the likes of Henderson and Dicker, are too good for this division overall and we're lucky to have them.

Anyway, I'm chuffed that we stole a win when not at our best (what's that old adage about the best teams being able to do that???).

I do agree with those who have said we are one COG-type player away from being an unstoppable force in League Two. I mean, Christ sake, we're top of it without a COG-type player just now. I reckon if we do bag such a player in January, we could easily stay there till May.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024