Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a week! 17:42 - Mar 19 with 5340 viewsboromat

Two derby wins, Hilly's 400th, bought the stadium and a pub. Feels like all our Christmas' have come at once!

I don't want to get our hopes up but 4 points off the play offs we can dream!

Up the Dale!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

What a week! on 17:46 - Mar 19 with 4002 viewsTalkingSutty

I think it's the most satisfying week of my Dale supporting career without a doubt.I can't think of a better one.

We needed a performance today to make up for last season and the team delivered on a sand pit of a pitch. They did the fans proud and in turn I thought our vocal support was tremendous. I've got a headache with all the singing, time for a Chimay Blue!!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 17:51]
What a week! on 18:09 - Mar 19 with 3861 viewsMoonyDale

What a week! on 17:46 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

I think it's the most satisfying week of my Dale supporting career without a doubt.I can't think of a better one.

We needed a performance today to make up for last season and the team delivered on a sand pit of a pitch. They did the fans proud and in turn I thought our vocal support was tremendous. I've got a headache with all the singing, time for a Chimay Blue!!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 17:51]

The atmosphere was fantastic today , when camps rocketed in our 3rd the roof almost came off. Thought we played better with 10 men after hendo had one of his moments again (will he ever learn)? We are on a roll and let's hope it continues.......well done to all the lads for a well deserved victory....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

What a week! on 18:18 - Mar 19 with 3803 viewsTVOS1907

We've also taken eight points off Oldham and Bury, which is a pretty satisfying return.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What a week! on 18:22 - Mar 19 with 3758 viewsD_Alien

What a week! on 18:09 - Mar 19 by MoonyDale

The atmosphere was fantastic today , when camps rocketed in our 3rd the roof almost came off. Thought we played better with 10 men after hendo had one of his moments again (will he ever learn)? We are on a roll and let's hope it continues.......well done to all the lads for a well deserved victory....

It seems he won't learn, so he can sit out the next couple of games and hope he has to fight to win back his place, because it shouldn't be automatic, that'd be disrespectful to the lads who stayed calm enough to ensure a fantastic victory today and pick up all the plaudits from the fans at the end. Hilly included - seemed to be shrugging his shoulders as if to say "no idea how I do this"!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

What a week! on 18:25 - Mar 19 with 3733 viewsTalkingSutty

What a week! on 18:18 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

We've also taken eight points off Oldham and Bury, which is a pretty satisfying return.

After this week we can say that Hilly does do local derbys after all. They all need a big pat on the back,they made the fans proud. Jim McNulty looked over the moon at the end of the game,he seems like a nice bloke.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 19:46]
What a week! on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 3502 viewsregjenkins

That was some second half for sure. After me thinking at half-time that we had blown it a touch. After the fixture last season K.H must have had a grin as big as the proverbial cat.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

What a week! on 20:57 - Mar 19 with 3361 views1mark1

What a week! on 18:09 - Mar 19 by MoonyDale

Is it better being in the Chaddy Lane end? Would have thought it gives a bette4 atmosphere for away fans.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

What a week! on 21:04 - Mar 19 with 3308 viewsTalkingSutty

What a week! on 20:57 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Is it better being in the Chaddy Lane end? Would have thought it gives a bette4 atmosphere for away fans.

Crap stand, crap view, but better acoustics than the Rochdale Road end. Never heard their fans once, even though they had some kids singing in a corner like at Accrington. They had a decent attendance but the crowd didn't get behind the players for some reason. There was a strong stench of relegation about the place.
Login to get fewer ads

What a week! on 21:10 - Mar 19 with 3287 viewsSwissdale

Securing the long term future of the club with a stadium purchase, and two great wins against our biggest two rivals.

Surely has to be up there with the best week in the history of Rochdale FC.
What a week! on 21:15 - Mar 19 with 3247 views1mark1

What a week! on 21:04 - Mar 19 by TalkingSutty

Crap stand, crap view, but better acoustics than the Rochdale Road end. Never heard their fans once, even though they had some kids singing in a corner like at Accrington. They had a decent attendance but the crowd didn't get behind the players for some reason. There was a strong stench of relegation about the place.

Cheers for that. Thought that would be the case, re the acoustics and view.

What a week! on 22:04 - Mar 19 with 3113 views442Dale

During the cup runs in 1990, the Chaddy End was a wall of noise. Still the best atmosphere I've experienced watching games over the years. All about those acoustics and I'm amazed they've moved ends.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

What a week! on 11:55 - Mar 26 with 2684 viewsaleanddale

What a week has turned into fantastic fortnight!!!
What a week! on 12:53 - Mar 26 with 2595 viewsDannyG_RAFC

What a week! on 20:57 - Mar 19 by 1mark1

Why don't you go to a game see for yourself
What a week! on 14:08 - Mar 26 with 2477 views1mark1

What a week! on 12:53 - Mar 26 by DannyG_RAFC

I am not able to go to many games, so the ones I choose are the ones at Spotland to benefit OUR club rather than another's. Is that ok?

What a week! on 14:34 - Mar 26 with 2418 views100notout

What a week! on 12:53 - Mar 26 by DannyG_RAFC

Don't get the need for these personal digs. We are all dale fans. Don't know 1mark1 but quite a few on here do and I gather from them that he lives and breathes our beloved club. Hope you can get to a few games mark

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

What a week! on 14:55 - Mar 26 with 2355 views1mark1

What a week! on 14:34 - Mar 26 by 100notout

Don't get the need for these personal digs. We are all dale fans. Don't know 1mark1 but quite a few on here do and I gather from them that he lives and breathes our beloved club. Hope you can get to a few games mark

Cheers 100notout.
There are many Dale fans unable to get to matches for various reasons. Never stops me from be very happy when we win, and unhappy when we lose. I am proud of my previous Dale supporting history over the years when we were around 92nd best in the league, going up and down the country , but I was able to do so.

What a week! on 15:01 - Mar 26 with 2328 viewsTalkingSutty

Agree. Don't know the poster but maybe he struggles financially to get to games, or his work/ personal life doesn't allow it, maybe he has health issues, who knows? I don't think he's answerable to anybody on this forum anyway is he?
What a week! on 15:09 - Mar 26 with 2304 views1mark1

What a week! on 15:01 - Mar 26 by TalkingSutty

Agree. Don't know the poster but maybe he struggles financially to get to games, or his work/ personal life doesn't allow it, maybe he has health issues, who knows? I don't think he's answerable to anybody on this forum anyway is he?

Cheers TalkingSutty. There are various reasons, some mentioned, why sadly I am unable to watch the Dale as often I would like to. That will be the same with others too. I do however always prioritise home games. Yes as well, I always wear the Dale colours while out and about, Dale coat, bobble hat 😀
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 15:38]

What a week! on 15:34 - Mar 26 with 2265 viewsroccydaleian

Not sure if it's a personal dig, someone's asked a reasonable question to somebody who spends a lot of time on this forum but doesn't attend. However, fair play to Mark has replied as he normally does. So lets all be a happy slappy Dale family.
Up The Dale.
What a week! on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 2247 views1mark1

What a week! on 15:34 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Not sure if it's a personal dig, someone's asked a reasonable question to somebody who spends a lot of time on this forum but doesn't attend. However, fair play to Mark has replied as he normally does. So lets all be a happy slappy Dale family.
Up The Dale.

Ah but I do attend matches, just not as ,many as I would like to.
UP THE DALE

What a week! on 15:43 - Mar 26 with 2224 viewsTalkingSutty

What a week! on 15:34 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Up The Dale.

To be fair I bet there are quite a lot who post on this forum but don't attend many games.Being able to attend most of the matches or having a Season Ticket is a bit of a luxury these days, it's a very expensive hobby.

I know people who haven't been for years but attended games regularly decades ago, people's life's change. Anybody who posts on this forum, apart from the obvious few, have to be termed as real supporters otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time on the forum. What I am trying to say is, you don't have to attend games to be a supporter or offer an opinion.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 15:44]
What a week! on 15:55 - Mar 26 with 2185 viewsSalwaDale

What a week! on 15:43 - Mar 26 by TalkingSutty

To be fair I bet there are quite a lot who post on this forum but don't attend many games.Being able to attend most of the matches or having a Season Ticket is a bit of a luxury these days, it's a very expensive hobby.

I know people who haven't been for years but attended games regularly decades ago, people's life's change. Anybody who posts on this forum, apart from the obvious few, have to be termed as real supporters otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time on the forum. What I am trying to say is, you don't have to attend games to be a supporter or offer an opinion.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 15:44]

Quite right. I have the same feelings now when we win or lose as I did when I was in the UK and able to get to games. Dale still is, and always will be, my team. I now have another team I watch week in, week out and I sit there with my headphones in listening to the Dale commentary.

I could well be wrong but is the poster having a bit of a pop at 1mark1 the same as the chap who had a pop at Peter Vincenti on twitter?

TBBT

What a week! on 16:12 - Mar 26 with 2139 viewsTVOS1907

What a week! on 15:55 - Mar 26 by SalwaDale

Quite right. I have the same feelings now when we win or lose as I did when I was in the UK and able to get to games. Dale still is, and always will be, my team. I now have another team I watch week in, week out and I sit there with my headphones in listening to the Dale commentary.

I could well be wrong but is the poster having a bit of a pop at 1mark1 the same as the chap who had a pop at Peter Vincenti on twitter?

Has Peter Vincenti not been going to games either?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What a week! on 16:27 - Mar 26 with 2096 viewsroccydaleian

What a week! on 15:55 - Mar 26 by SalwaDale

Bit different for you pal seeing you live on t'other side of the world and their are a few more exiles as well, but i reckon most of the posters on here are probably regular goers.
The thing is, is how many United/City fans etc do we all know who sit in the pub watching Prem games and they get slagged off for being arm chair supporters and such.Can you have it both ways? This isn't a pop at Mark by the way, just an observation about how different people perceive others as supporters.
What a week! on 17:03 - Mar 26 with 2029 viewsTalkingSutty

What a week! on 16:27 - Mar 26 by roccydaleian

Bit different for you pal seeing you live on t'other side of the world and their are a few more exiles as well, but i reckon most of the posters on here are probably regular goers.
The thing is, is how many United/City fans etc do we all know who sit in the pub watching Prem games and they get slagged off for being arm chair supporters and such.Can you have it both ways? This isn't a pop at Mark by the way, just an observation about how different people perceive others as supporters.

So if all of a sudden circumstances dictated that you could no longer attend games how would you feel if other posters had a pop at you everytime you made observations on the forum, it's not very nice. Majority of those watching games in the pub probably couldn't afford to attend Premiership games anyway. I even know a Dale fan who would rather watch the Dales televised games in the pub rather than watch them live, even when they're only down the road at somewhere like bury or even Spotland
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 17:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024