Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans 23:03 - Aug 9 with 3751 viewsNinco

I have to say I was a little bit surprised by the reaction to Ched Evans playing tonight. A little bit of a muted boo! when the team was first read out, then nothing. I'm not one for getting on players backs, but given the response that Lee Hughes got when he came to Spotland, I expected to hear a few nasty comments from the crowd towards Ched Evans. Is that a sign that people have their doubts over the outcome of his court case?
Ched Evans on 23:07 - Aug 9 with 3713 viewsTVOS1907

No, I think it's more of a sign there were only 1436 there and people were concentrating on the football.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ched Evans on 23:17 - Aug 9 with 3634 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The guy has lost years of his Liberty, 95% of his realistic earnings, most of his career and even when found innocent will be covered by stigma. Whilst he may have been a weird dirty bar steward whose actions are pretty filthy he should never have been convicted. I know a lot of people over Rhyl and what really happened and her texting saying she was in bed with 2 footballers allegedly never came out to start with!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ched Evans on 23:24 - Aug 9 with 3578 viewssandy_dale

Definitely some Children and sad men shouting "peado" and "watch your balls" for the full 90mins (misinformed and 5p short of 50)
Ched Evans on 00:04 - Aug 10 with 3455 viewsToffeemanc

Sounded like a few boos were actually coming from the Chesterfield fans on a couple of occasions when he had the ball which did seem strange.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Ched Evans on 00:16 - Aug 10 with 3419 viewsmikehunt

The Sandy were giving him some stick when he was in earshot. Just in case he thought he was having an easy ride.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ched Evans on 12:16 - Aug 10 with 2943 viewschalkyncfc

Probably Lee Hughes got a lot of stick solely because he was playing for Notts Country
Ched Evans on 12:21 - Aug 10 with 2914 viewsTVOS1907

Ched Evans on 12:16 - Aug 10 by chalkyncfc

Probably Lee Hughes got a lot of stick solely because he was playing for Notts Country

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Or maybe it's because his actions caused someone's death.

Ched Evans on 12:26 - Aug 10 with 2886 viewsroccydaleian

Ched Evans on 12:16 - Aug 10 by chalkyncfc

Fook off Chalky.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans on 12:33 - Aug 10 with 2852 viewschalkyncfc

Ched Evans on 12:21 - Aug 10 by TVOS1907

Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

Or maybe it's because his actions caused someone's death.

Yes what Hughes did was wrong but at the time that he was playing for Notts the abuse would have been intensified solely because he was playing for us that season (you know the one) I hated him playing for us,he brought a lot.of trouble to the club and the kop had him as a hero and still do which was wrong
Ched Evans on 12:40 - Aug 10 with 2810 viewsTVOS1907

Ched Evans on 12:33 - Aug 10 by chalkyncfc

Yes what Hughes did was wrong but at the time that he was playing for Notts the abuse would have been intensified solely because he was playing for us that season (you know the one) I hated him playing for us,he brought a lot.of trouble to the club and the kop had him as a hero and still do which was wrong

I'm sure you'll get over it.

Ched Evans on 16:25 - Aug 10 with 2496 viewsstigmundo77

I've met Ched Evans, he's a genuinely nice guy and his wife is lovely. He admitted that he hadn't made the best of decisions that night and was quite open with me, he was very remorse, HOWEVER, he stood firm that he was innocent and after spending a wedding evening with him I truly believe he is, He's learned from his mistake, grafted in the gym and by October will be acquitted, People need to move on. He's still a very good footballer and once fully fit wont be at league one level
Ched Evans on 17:32 - Aug 10 with 2375 viewsSuddenLad

Ched Evans on 16:25 - Aug 10 by stigmundo77

I've met Ched Evans, he's a genuinely nice guy and his wife is lovely. He admitted that he hadn't made the best of decisions that night and was quite open with me, he was very remorse, HOWEVER, he stood firm that he was innocent and after spending a wedding evening with him I truly believe he is, He's learned from his mistake, grafted in the gym and by October will be acquitted, People need to move on. He's still a very good footballer and once fully fit wont be at league one level

Some people still think Shipman was a good doctor.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ched Evans on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 2331 views442Dale

Why won't he be at L1 level? He was before his time out of the game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ched Evans on 23:55 - Aug 11 with 1951 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hughes was not only a drink drive killer, he was a class one c*** as well

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ched Evans on 09:22 - Aug 12 with 1825 viewsstigmundo77

No need for a debate on this, I think Ched can personally play at a higher level once fully fit. Just an opinion thats all.

and agreed on Lee , he was a cvnt
Ched Evans on 09:23 - Aug 12 with 1823 viewsstigmundo77

Fair one
Ched Evans on 10:09 - Aug 12 with 1783 viewsDaley_Lama

Ched Evans on 23:55 - Aug 11 by rochdaleriddler

Hughes was not only a drink drive killer, he was a class one c*** as well

I have to disagree with the first part of your sentence.

Hughes was not a drink drive killer because the cowardly custard hid for 36 hours from the police until the day after to avoid being found guilty of drink drive, instead the lesser charge of death by dangerous driving. He obviously didn't admit it, blaming faulty brakes on his car.

Hughes was also converted to Islam, which helped him get out of jail early as a reformed character.

I don't think he was radicalised however and took a moderate approach to getting drunk and scrapping with manager/team mates when at Oldham. He wasn't averse to assaulting women either and got done for that as well after his jail term.

The second part of your sentence is spot on.

Evans in comparison is a lesser "baddie" and it has nowt to do with Hughes playing for Notts County for me.

Poll: DF in or out

Ched Evans on 10:11 - Aug 12 with 1774 viewsstigmundo77

100% agreed
Ched Evans on 10:36 - Aug 12 with 1741 viewsTomRAFC

Didn't make the best of decisions? Bollocks!

The classic "mistakes were made" answer.

I've met countless "friendly" people in my line of work guilty of some of the heinous acts imaginable.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Ched Evans on 10:40 - Aug 12 with 1728 viewsSuddenLad

Ched Evans on 10:09 - Aug 12 by Daley_Lama

I have to disagree with the first part of your sentence.

Hughes was not a drink drive killer because the cowardly custard hid for 36 hours from the police until the day after to avoid being found guilty of drink drive, instead the lesser charge of death by dangerous driving. He obviously didn't admit it, blaming faulty brakes on his car.

Hughes was also converted to Islam, which helped him get out of jail early as a reformed character.

I don't think he was radicalised however and took a moderate approach to getting drunk and scrapping with manager/team mates when at Oldham. He wasn't averse to assaulting women either and got done for that as well after his jail term.

The second part of your sentence is spot on.

Evans in comparison is a lesser "baddie" and it has nowt to do with Hughes playing for Notts County for me.

Causing death by dangerous driving is a far more serious offence than drink/driving.

Running away did Hughes no favours at all and acted as an 'aggravating factor' and he didn't escape any form of justice as a result..

I also agree with the description of him and the Notts County factor is irrelevanthe. He is what he is.

Ched Evans on 10:47 - Aug 12 with 1716 viewsDaley_Lama

Causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs (Section 3A Road Traffic Act (RTA) 1988)
Penalty: 1 to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both; and disqualified for a minimum of two years;

Causing death by dangerous driving (Section 1 RTA 1988)
Penalty: 1 to 14 years in prison, and disqualified for a minimum of two years;

The former can have slightly the heavier penalty, with a fine also being applied.

14 years of course should read 400 years IMO for either of these offences.

Poll: DF in or out

Ched Evans on 11:25 - Aug 12 with 1648 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans on 10:36 - Aug 12 by TomRAFC

Didn't make the best of decisions? Bollocks!

The classic "mistakes were made" answer.

I've met countless "friendly" people in my line of work guilty of some of the heinous acts imaginable.

I've no doubt you have (whatever that line of work is) but you have no more right to pronounce on Evans' innocence or guilt than anyone, having presumably neither met him or being in full possession of all the material evidence, through which he is currently presumed innocent pending retrial.

I would expect, if your line of work is anything to do with the criminal justice system, that you observe a more objective line of judgement.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans on 11:32 - Aug 12 with 1629 views_dezzy

Lee Hughes .was also hated for that !"&*ing goal celebration to.

KHBA

Ched Evans on 12:10 - Aug 12 with 1568 viewsstigmundo77

Thanks D-Alien, you are spot on.

Lets see what happens at his re-trial, I'm sure there is a very good reason for it ?

and leave it at that and lets focus on DALE
Ched Evans on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 1457 viewsSuddenLad

Ched Evans on 10:47 - Aug 12 by Daley_Lama

Causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs (Section 3A Road Traffic Act (RTA) 1988)
Penalty: 1 to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine, or both; and disqualified for a minimum of two years;

Causing death by dangerous driving (Section 1 RTA 1988)
Penalty: 1 to 14 years in prison, and disqualified for a minimum of two years;

The former can have slightly the heavier penalty, with a fine also being applied.

14 years of course should read 400 years IMO for either of these offences.

The jury at Hughes trial were specifically directed by the judge to draw 'adverse influence' over the fact that Hughes fled the scene.

He was treated as if he was 'over the limit' and was sentenced accordingly. There was good evidence to prove he had consumed whisky prior to the crash.

The maximum sentence of 14 years is a farce. It is never implemented in full, and even the Plymouth goalkeeper Luke McCormick was sentenced to only half the maximum sentence when he killed two children, whilst twice the legal limit and hitting their car at 100 mph having fallen asleep at the wheel.

It is difficult to imagine how anyone can currently attract the maximum sentence when these offences attract such paltry punishment.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024