Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford tomorrow 20:27 - Jan 20 with 1906 viewsShun

It's hard to believe this is our first home game of 2017. Let's hope we can make it 11 straight home wins but it'll be difficult with three huge absentees in Keane, Davies and Bunney. Perhaps Vincenti or Redshaw might make an appearance. I really want to win this one after the late winner Oxford got towards the beginning of the season in what I thought was a fairly even game. Despite last week's late late sucker punch we're still the form team in League One and it'd be nice if we can carry that on as after next week we'll have played two games less than most of our rivals.
Oxford tomorrow on 21:03 - Jan 20 with 1834 views442Dale

It was good to hear Hill mention Tanser when talking about Academy success stories, so would like to see either him or RNL at LB. McGahey and McNulty have done well together and Rafferty is far more effective in his natural position.

Think we may see Allen return and NML in for Davies, but you never can tell.

Worth noting that Lund is one yellow away from a ban.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oxford tomorrow on 23:59 - Jan 20 with 1669 viewsD_Alien

Oxford tomorrow on 21:03 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

It was good to hear Hill mention Tanser when talking about Academy success stories, so would like to see either him or RNL at LB. McGahey and McNulty have done well together and Rafferty is far more effective in his natural position.

It's great that Tanser's making a return to first team action but he's only started training this week so tomorrow might be too soon; RNL to start at LB for me

Agree with Shun, it's seemed an age since our last home game, over 3 weeks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford tomorrow on 08:55 - Jan 21 with 1526 viewsRespectTheChemistry

I think Keane will be the hardest to replace of the three as we're blessed with a good array of attacking options. Who is Keane's most likely replacement? McGahey with a replacement at full back? I haven't seen McGahey play at centre half so any thoughts on that? I haven't seen Canavan play this season but rated him last season but he seems to have gone down significantly in people's estimation.

Thought it was strange Hill mentioned Tanser as he can't even get a place on the bench.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 8:57]
Oxford tomorrow on 10:37 - Jan 21 with 1388 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill was also full of praise for RNL . That will be fascinating to see if he plays left back today.

Keith doesn't seem to be phased by Bunney's absence. He's like a pig in shit, because that is the type of challenge he likes. He will try all our squad out in training, if needs be, to get the best fit for that position. Players can adapt as Bunney has proved, especially if they have the right training to do the job. And management at Dale will provide that training.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Oxford tomorrow on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 1356 viewsNafelad

Oxford tomorrow on 21:03 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

"worth noting that Lund is one yellow away from a ban".

This seems to be the case quite a lot!!

Topcat

Oxford tomorrow on 11:43 - Jan 21 with 1245 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford tomorrow on 10:48 - Jan 21 by Nafelad

We will need him next Saturday against Uddersfield......don't get a card today Matty Lad
Oxford tomorrow on 11:52 - Jan 21 with 1218 viewsTVOS1907

Oxford tomorrow on 10:48 - Jan 21 by Nafelad

To be honest, he was quite fortunate not to be sent-off last week and be already suspended.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oxford tomorrow on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 1112 viewsShun

Scunthorpe, Bolton and Southend have already had their games called off today so after next week we won't have as many games to make up on rivals as I'd expected.
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford tomorrow on 13:49 - Jan 21 with 1082 viewsD_Alien

Oxford tomorrow on 08:55 - Jan 21 by RespectTheChemistry

I think Keane will be the hardest to replace of the three as we're blessed with a good array of attacking options. Who is Keane's most likely replacement? McGahey with a replacement at full back? I haven't seen McGahey play at centre half so any thoughts on that? I haven't seen Canavan play this season but rated him last season but he seems to have gone down significantly in people's estimation.

Thought it was strange Hill mentioned Tanser as he can't even get a place on the bench.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 8:57]

Why would it be strange for Hill to mention that Tanser had been absent through illness? Is Hill supposed to put him on the bench when he's ill? It was mildly frustrating that there'd been no news on Tanser's absence at the time, but understandable now - not everyone needs to know when someone's ill

McGahey's a highly promising centre-back, who's shown he's adaptable enough to fill in at fullback, which speaks volumes about his overall ability
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 13:50]

Oxford tomorrow on 14:08 - Jan 21 with 1027 viewsDaley_Lama

Charlton PP?

Reamsofverse must be spitting!

Poll: DF in or out

Oxford tomorrow on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 971 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford tomorrow on 13:49 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Why would it be strange for Hill to mention that Tanser had been absent through illness? Is Hill supposed to put him on the bench when he's ill? It was mildly frustrating that there'd been no news on Tanser's absence at the time, but understandable now - not everyone needs to know when someone's ill

McGahey's a highly promising centre-back, who's shown he's adaptable enough to fill in at fullback, which speaks volumes about his overall ability

He's put Tanser on the pitch now he's recovered!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oxford tomorrow on 14:57 - Jan 21 with 921 viewsD_Alien

Oxford tomorrow on 14:41 - Jan 21 by DaleiLama

He's put Tanser on the pitch now he's recovered!

Aye, good to see!

Oxford tomorrow on 15:27 - Jan 21 with 875 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Oxford tomorrow on 13:49 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

It was strange to hear Hill talk of Tanser as being an Academy success when he hasn't been anywhere near the first team for a long time. After some very promising appearances, it appeared that he had very much fallen out of Hill's favour. Would appear that Tanser has since done enough to convince Hill that he is worthy of a starting place. Let's hope he's right and Tanser goes on to fulfill that early promise.

Thanks for the info on McGahey. As I say, I've only seen him play at full back. Seems Canavan is now very much the 4th choice centre half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024