Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congrats Huddersfield 17:57 - May 29 with 4312 viewsD_Alien

They deserved it

Puts our defeat in the cup in a better perspective too - against a premier league side in the making. They'll need to strengthen, obviously, but looked a very good side at the COA and we did well against them early doors

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Congrats Huddersfield on 18:30 - May 29 with 3403 viewsColDale

Interesting that the first season we had in League One back in 2010-11, four of the top six will be playing Premiership football next season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Football_League_One
Congrats Huddersfield on 18:46 - May 29 with 3361 viewsNigeriamark

Bet that lad who missed the sitter in the 1st half is relieved - As shocking a miss as you will see and in front of millions. All forgotten now !!
Congrats Huddersfield on 18:47 - May 29 with 3357 viewsSaxonDale

Congrats Huddersfield on 18:30 - May 29 by ColDale

Interesting that the first season we had in League One back in 2010-11, four of the top six will be playing Premiership football next season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_Football_League_One

And 7th out of the Football League!

Still reckon that was the strongest league we've ever been a part of, some of Hilly's best wins came in that season too.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:49]
Congrats Huddersfield on 18:58 - May 29 with 3326 viewsfitzochris

We looked alright against them in the cup until Wagner shoved that big blond German lad up front. He combined well with Brown (he of the sitter miss). We couldn't cope with them at all after that (although we helped them a bit with calamitous keeping and defending).

Just shows what a good manager and team spirit can achieve. They were odds on for relegation at the start of the season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Congrats Huddersfield on 19:14 - May 29 with 3266 viewsColDale

Must be the first team to have gone up through the Play Offs without actually scoring a goal
Congrats Huddersfield on 19:24 - May 29 with 3230 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Really chuffed for Hudds........Yarkshire needs a Prem Team now that Hull and Leeds both messed up......the original highlight of their season was the lucky 4-0 win at San Spotty but today possibly beats that?

Just hope they don't get mullered everywhere they travel next season......it's a little bit like Leicester City last term.

Vell done Herr Wagner!
Congrats Huddersfield on 19:41 - May 29 with 3172 viewsfitzochris

Congrats Huddersfield on 19:24 - May 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Really chuffed for Hudds........Yarkshire needs a Prem Team now that Hull and Leeds both messed up......the original highlight of their season was the lucky 4-0 win at San Spotty but today possibly beats that?

Just hope they don't get mullered everywhere they travel next season......it's a little bit like Leicester City last term.

Vell done Herr Wagner!

Lucky?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Congrats Huddersfield on 21:59 - May 29 with 2955 viewsTVOS1907

Congrats Huddersfield on 19:41 - May 29 by fitzochris

Lucky?

Think you mean 'luckio?'

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Congrats Huddersfield on 23:13 - May 29 with 2861 viewsR17ALE

To add to the odd stats:

Is there a correlation between teams that Dale have played in cups who have immediately gone on to win promotion to the Prem in this Century?

I'm certain with Barnsley and Huddersfield.

Think I'm right on Norwich.

Might be right on Bradford.

May have missed one out?

Edit: Barnsley might have been in the 1990s
[Post edited 29 May 2017 23:15]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Congrats Huddersfield on 23:27 - May 29 with 2835 viewsNerazzurri

Congrats Huddersfield on 23:13 - May 29 by R17ALE

To add to the odd stats:

Is there a correlation between teams that Dale have played in cups who have immediately gone on to win promotion to the Prem in this Century?

May have missed one out?

Barnsley was late 90's & you can add Blackburn & Stoke to that list following our league cup matches with them.

Forza Nerazzurri

Congrats Huddersfield on 00:17 - May 30 with 2795 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Congrats Huddersfield on 19:41 - May 29 by fitzochris

Lucky?

injest............................................
Congrats Huddersfield on 07:17 - May 30 with 2696 viewsColDale

To add to the odd stats:

May have missed one out?

had wondered something similar, but didn't realise it was to that extent.

Something of a statto's dream this PO final. All suggestions seem to point to Huddersfield being the first ever side to win promotion with a negative goal difference.
Congrats Huddersfield on 07:30 - May 30 with 2683 viewsTVOS1907

To add to the odd stats:

May have missed one out?

We played Bradford in the League Cup about five years after they had been relegated from the Premier League.

Norwich finished 17th in the Championship in the season they beat us on penalties in the League Cup and then went down to League One a year later. They didn't return to the Premier League until 2011.

But you're right with Barnsley (1996/97) and Huddersfield.

Congrats Huddersfield on 07:32 - May 30 with 2679 viewsTVOS1907

Congrats Huddersfield on 07:17 - May 30 by ColDale

Something of a statto's dream this PO final. All suggestions seem to point to Huddersfield being the first ever side to win promotion with a negative goal difference.

I'm surprised 442 hasn't been on yet to comment on three striped shirts winning promotion...

Congrats Huddersfield on 09:48 - May 30 with 2584 viewsTipperaryDale

Stoke when they beat us at home in Carling Cup, remember thinking they were awful. Been in Prem ever since!
Congrats Huddersfield on 10:06 - May 30 with 2557 viewsTVOS1907

Congrats Huddersfield on 09:48 - May 30 by TipperaryDale

Stoke when they beat us at home in Carling Cup, remember thinking they were awful. Been in Prem ever since!

We beat them on penalties.

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:15 - May 30 with 2548 viewsdingdangblue

Congrats Huddersfield on 07:17 - May 30 by ColDale

The 2nd club now to be promoted in all 3 divisions outside the Prem via Play Off finals. Who were the other?
Blackpool?

Edit : yes it was Blackpool

http://thesetpieces.com/features/play-offs-30-history-numbers/
[Post edited 30 May 2017 10:23]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:22 - May 30 with 2532 views442Dale

Congrats Huddersfield on 07:32 - May 30 by TVOS1907

I'm surprised 442 hasn't been on yet to comment on three striped shirts winning promotion...

That's a good stat.

re. yesterday: has there ever been a game at Wembley that's seen both sides in hoops before?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:22 - May 30 with 2527 viewsD_Alien

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:15 - May 30 by dingdangblue

The 2nd club now to be promoted in all 3 divisions outside the Prem via Play Off finals. Who were the other?
Blackpool?

Some clubs seem to have a knack of winning the playoffs, without Reading too much into it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:32 - May 30 with 2506 viewsdingdangblue

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:15 - May 30 by dingdangblue

Blackpool?

Stat no.15 is wrong stating that Keith Hill is one of the current football league managers that has won a play off final.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Congrats Huddersfield on 13:26 - May 30 with 2326 viewsonedalefan

They have just announced that anyone who has had a season ticket since 2009 will be able to have one for next year in the Premiership for £100.
Congrats Huddersfield on 13:46 - May 30 with 2294 viewsColDale

Congrats Huddersfield on 10:22 - May 30 by 442Dale

That's a good stat.

re. yesterday: has there ever been a game at Wembley that's seen both sides in hoops before?

Saw that mentioned on Twitter yesterday but I'd take issue with Huddersfield being hoops. The back of that shirt was a plain background making it just horizontal stripes in my book..
Congrats Huddersfield on 20:38 - May 30 with 2060 viewsrochdaleriddler

Also shows that you don't need a massive wage bill,however they have played the loan market superbly, something we aren't v good at for whatever reason.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Congrats Huddersfield on 14:26 - May 31 with 1864 viewsToffeemanc

Congrats Huddersfield on 18:47 - May 29 by SaxonDale

And 7th out of the Football League!

Still reckon that was the strongest league we've ever been a part of, some of Hilly's best wins came in that season too.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 18:49]

Not just 7th placed Leyton Orient out of the football League from that seasons final League table.
You can add 16th placed Hartlepool, 18th placed Tranmere along with 21st placed Dagenham & Redbridge.
Also 22nd placed Bristol Rovers dropped into the conference only to return back to League One this season after successive promotions.

A very strange League table for sure.

16 Hartlepool United 46 15 12 19 47 65 −18 57
18 Tranmere Rovers 46 15 11 20 53 60 −7 56
21 Dagenham & Redbridge (R) 46 12 11 23 52 70 −18 47
22 Bristol Rovers (R) 46 11 12 23 48 82 −34 45

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Congrats Huddersfield on 14:55 - May 31 with 1846 viewsdingdangblue

Congrats Huddersfield on 20:38 - May 30 by rochdaleriddler

Also shows that you don't need a massive wage bill,however they have played the loan market superbly, something we aren't v good at for whatever reason.

Yes they've had some great loan players from Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea - the problem is as Hill has said before a lot of these players are offered cash to move to certain clubs and their wages are probably out of our range too - unless the parent clubs are prepared to pay the majority we've no chance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024