Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale 09:00 - Jan 13 with 927 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51696/refwatch-newcastle-un

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:05 - Jan 13 with 912 viewsJames1980

Will VAR be used as well?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:21 - Jan 13 with 875 viewsdingdangblue

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:05 - Jan 13 by James1980

Yes VAR is in use. Hope there aren't too many issues.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:59 - Jan 13 with 816 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:05 - Jan 13 by James1980

Read the link, James.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 10:05 - Jan 13 with 798 viewsAncoats_Blue

Oxford based eh? Let's hope he wants to help Oxford with an easier 4th round tie ;)
Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 10:12 - Jan 13 with 778 viewsjonahwhereru

Over time VAR will skew the stats on red cards for the referee’s that take mostly premier league game. VAR is all seeing and picks up off the ball incidents that the ref has missed. Plus it does seem to be that VAR is used to turn yellows into reds, more than the other way around. In fact I haven’t seen an instance of that yet. As the refs never look at the monitors I think for the stats to be reflective of the true position the red card stat should be broken down into on field and VAR reds.
I wanted to give VAR a chance but it is becoming the ruination of the game. The law says you can’t score with your hand or arm so why can you be deemed offside by the length of a finger nail. The rule should be only measure from parts of the body you can score from. The only supposed advantage I could see for it was to eradicate holding in the box, but that still happens at every corner.
Time to ditch VAR imo.
Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 10:14 - Jan 13 with 774 viewsJames1980

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 09:59 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Read the link, James.

Sorry didn't read the whole thing. Let's hope no Dale armpits lead to a goal being chalked off

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 11:10 - Jan 13 with 707 viewsTVOS1907

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 10:12 - Jan 13 by jonahwhereru

Over time VAR will skew the stats on red cards for the referee’s that take mostly premier league game. VAR is all seeing and picks up off the ball incidents that the ref has missed. Plus it does seem to be that VAR is used to turn yellows into reds, more than the other way around. In fact I haven’t seen an instance of that yet. As the refs never look at the monitors I think for the stats to be reflective of the true position the red card stat should be broken down into on field and VAR reds.
I wanted to give VAR a chance but it is becoming the ruination of the game. The law says you can’t score with your hand or arm so why can you be deemed offside by the length of a finger nail. The rule should be only measure from parts of the body you can score from. The only supposed advantage I could see for it was to eradicate holding in the box, but that still happens at every corner.
Time to ditch VAR imo.

The law hasn't changed; it is still only the parts of the body you can score from.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 671 viewsdingdangblue

The biggest problem is the marginal offside. Where an attacking player used to be level with the defender there is now no such thing as level. Offside shouldn't be judged by milimetre's - certainly where you have 2 moments to look at : when the ball is passed and the position of player receiving the ball. It is impossible to judge that in millimetres but that is what they are now doing. Its early days and I'm sure cricket and rugby had teething problems initially. The offside one is fairly easy to sort out by making the margins of measurement bigger. They could easily have a wider line to judge the offside and there would less controversy. Also the referee needs to use the monitor like in the world cup where it seemed to work a lot better.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 12:09 - Jan 13 with 640 viewsD_Alien

Refwatch: Newcastle United v Dale on 11:41 - Jan 13 by dingdangblue

The biggest problem is the marginal offside. Where an attacking player used to be level with the defender there is now no such thing as level. Offside shouldn't be judged by milimetre's - certainly where you have 2 moments to look at : when the ball is passed and the position of player receiving the ball. It is impossible to judge that in millimetres but that is what they are now doing. Its early days and I'm sure cricket and rugby had teething problems initially. The offside one is fairly easy to sort out by making the margins of measurement bigger. They could easily have a wider line to judge the offside and there would less controversy. Also the referee needs to use the monitor like in the world cup where it seemed to work a lot better.

And cricket, imo, has the solution

Simply give the captains one VAR review each half. If the onfield decision is overturned, they retain it

Not sure why this isn't being considered - it sorts the whole mess out without changing the technology or the laws

[Post edited 13 Jan 2020 12:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024