Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendos Goal.... 06:01 - Aug 31 with 4511 viewsdale1968

Does that count on his attempt to become the clubs Top Scorer??

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Hendos Goal.... on 08:02 - Aug 31 with 4357 viewsTVOS1907

Yes! Why wouldn't it?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendos Goal.... on 08:11 - Aug 31 with 4345 viewsYadHoDale

And also - is the 18 years and 5 months age gap between Hendo and Ethan Brierley the largest between two scorers in the same match for Dale?
Hendos Goal.... on 08:16 - Aug 31 with 4323 viewsfinberty

Hendos Goal.... on 08:11 - Aug 31 by YadHoDale

And also - is the 18 years and 5 months age gap between Hendo and Ethan Brierley the largest between two scorers in the same match for Dale?

You’d need to research, for example, any game where Dale scored more than once and Tony Ford was one of the scorers. Good chance of a wide age range there.
Hendos Goal.... on 08:48 - Aug 31 with 4232 viewsTomRAFC

Does it have to be from open play? If not, Aaron Wilbraham scored in the penalty shoot out after Luke Matheson's goal at Old Trafford.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 8:51]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hendos Goal.... on 12:02 - Aug 31 with 3889 viewsLincsDale

Been through the database and the biggest age gap between scorers was from a game against York in February 2002 when Kevin Townson, aged 18, and Richard Jobson, 38, both scored two in a 5-4 win. They were just under 20 years apart as Townson's birthday is 19th April and Jobson's 9th May.

Biggest gap involving Tony Ford looks to be just over 18 years, when he and Gary Jones, then just 23, scored in the same game against Hartlepool in October 2000.

As far as I can see, those are the only two examples of an age gap of over 18 years before, though, so last night's would be the second biggest.
Hendos Goal.... on 12:20 - Aug 31 with 3808 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 12:02 - Aug 31 by LincsDale

Been through the database and the biggest age gap between scorers was from a game against York in February 2002 when Kevin Townson, aged 18, and Richard Jobson, 38, both scored two in a 5-4 win. They were just under 20 years apart as Townson's birthday is 19th April and Jobson's 9th May.

Biggest gap involving Tony Ford looks to be just over 18 years, when he and Gary Jones, then just 23, scored in the same game against Hartlepool in October 2000.

As far as I can see, those are the only two examples of an age gap of over 18 years before, though, so last night's would be the second biggest.

What's this database you have? Can I borrow it?

Hendos Goal.... on 12:44 - Aug 31 with 3714 viewsLincsDale

Hendos Goal.... on 12:20 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

What's this database you have? Can I borrow it?

Being a bit of a nerd (OK, more than a bit), I have an Access database with all Dale's results, players and lineups since we joined the league. Don't have birth dates for everyone, particularly in the early years, but it's pretty complete since the War.

I guess I don't mind sharing it, if you're particularly interested. Send me a DM if you are.
Hendos Goal.... on 12:58 - Aug 31 with 3634 viewsDaleiLama

Hendos Goal.... on 12:44 - Aug 31 by LincsDale

Being a bit of a nerd (OK, more than a bit), I have an Access database with all Dale's results, players and lineups since we joined the league. Don't have birth dates for everyone, particularly in the early years, but it's pretty complete since the War.

I guess I don't mind sharing it, if you're particularly interested. Send me a DM if you are.

TVOS has a previously unknown twin!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendos Goal.... on 13:00 - Aug 31 with 3624 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 12:44 - Aug 31 by LincsDale

PM sent

Hendos Goal.... on 13:04 - Aug 31 with 3617 viewsSandyman

Hendos Goal.... on 12:58 - Aug 31 by DaleiLama

Further proof that Quantum Entanglement exists.
Hendos Goal.... on 14:29 - Aug 31 with 3450 viewsD_Alien

Hendos Goal.... on 13:04 - Aug 31 by Sandyman

Further proof that Quantum Entanglement exists.

Indeed

Whilst DM/PM-ing, they should check to see if they share a common ancestor. Subsequent to a chimpanzee, that is

Dunno about LincsDale, LinksDale seems more appropriate!

[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 14:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendos Goal.... on 14:35 - Aug 31 with 3420 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hendos Goal.... on 12:58 - Aug 31 by DaleiLama

Maestro and his Russian twin Maestrov? Talk about double trouble?
Hendos Goal.... on 14:59 - Aug 31 with 3359 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 14:35 - Aug 31 by Yorkshire_Dale

Maestro and his Russian twin Maestrov? Talk about double trouble?

For you, at least.

Hendos Goal.... on 09:04 - Sep 1 with 2927 viewsDale_4_Life

Hendos Goal.... on 12:02 - Aug 31 by LincsDale

A very wet night played out at Spotland Swimming pool!
Hendos Goal.... on 22:49 - Sep 12 with 2444 viewsmikehunt

Out of interest did Reg's goals in the Lancashire Senior Cup count towards his total?
The point being that, if not, his goals were scored in fewer competitions, if goals from the Pizza Cup count towards the grand total.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Hendos Goal.... on 23:04 - Sep 12 with 2409 views442Dale

Hendos Goal.... on 22:49 - Sep 12 by mikehunt

Out of interest did Reg's goals in the Lancashire Senior Cup count towards his total?
The point being that, if not, his goals were scored in fewer competitions, if goals from the Pizza Cup count towards the grand total.

The Football League Trophy is a nationally recognised cup tournament, games played in it will count towards a player’s overall appearance total. Localised cups won’t because it would be almost impossible to classify what’s seen as a first team game.

If we start to do that, Gary Jones’ appearance record will need knowing down by a few!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendos Goal.... on 23:17 - Sep 12 with 2384 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 22:49 - Sep 12 by mikehunt

Lancashire Cup games don't count towards records of this nature, as per 442's explanation.

Reg scored his 129 goals in 332 appearances.

Henderson is currently on 127 goals in 353 appearances.

Hendos Goal.... on 21:36 - Sep 13 with 2004 viewspioneer

Hendos Goal.... on 23:17 - Sep 12 by TVOS1907

Lancashire Cup games don't count towards records of this nature, as per 442's explanation.

Reg scored his 129 goals in 332 appearances.

Henderson is currently on 127 goals in 353 appearances.

The ‘total goals’ record will always be a bit subjective - given the pizza trophy includes age restricted teams not those clubs first teams.

For that reason the total goals in league games is a more objective record.
Hendos Goal.... on 22:33 - Sep 13 with 1906 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 21:36 - Sep 13 by pioneer

The ‘total goals’ record will always be a bit subjective - given the pizza trophy includes age restricted teams not those clubs first teams.

For that reason the total goals in league games is a more objective record.

Could say the same about appearances.

Like 442 says, the EFL Trophy is a nationally recognised competition, which is open to all L1 and L2 clubs, so it has a right to be included in the stats, especially as it was first teams up to 2016.

Hendos Goal.... on 22:40 - Sep 13 with 1881 views442Dale

Hendos Goal.... on 22:33 - Sep 13 by TVOS1907

Could say the same about appearances.

Like 442 says, the EFL Trophy is a nationally recognised competition, which is open to all L1 and L2 clubs, so it has a right to be included in the stats, especially as it was first teams up to 2016.

And look how some teams make wholesale changes for other cup competitions.

Should Harry Kane lose one off his Spurs total because we were playing Mark Kitching in midfield?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendos Goal.... on 00:08 - Sep 14 with 1766 viewsD_Alien

Tbh, this debate is a luxury in the context of our fight for survival

Hendo isn't justifying starting games. We need pace and energy alongside Quigley. I'd be starting either Campbell or Sinclair at Northampton ahead of Hendo

The record can wait. It'd be a poor way to celebrate if he scored to break it in a 1-2 home defeat or a 3-1 away loss whilst we remained rooted to the bottom

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendos Goal.... on 06:35 - Sep 14 with 1701 viewsdingdangblue

I was really surprised Hendo started tonight. After going 3-1 up in the last game with him off the pitch? Certainly Sinclair did more positive things in the time he was on and looked quite a handful.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendos Goal.... on 06:51 - Sep 14 with 1691 viewspioneer

Hendos Goal.... on 22:40 - Sep 13 by 442Dale

And look how some teams make wholesale changes for other cup competitions.

Should Harry Kane lose one off his Spurs total because we were playing Mark Kitching in midfield?

Thats why I think league goals is a better basis for comparison - and i wish Hendo well in his pursuit of both records.
Hendos Goal.... on 21:09 - Sep 14 with 1466 viewsTVOS1907

Hendos Goal.... on 06:51 - Sep 14 by pioneer

Thats why I think league goals is a better basis for comparison - and i wish Hendo well in his pursuit of both records.

Yes, I would agree with that, but it is what it is and has been since the days of Albert Whitehurst!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024