Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County (h) Match Thread 19:34 - Dec 5 with 8699 viewsHullDale

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:43 - Dec 5 with 6581 viewsHullDale

For the first time this season, I am seriously not looking forward to the Dale game at the end of the week.

If EBJ does anything other than perform open heart surgery on the endeavour, commitment, effort, fitness and adherance to tactics across the whole squad this week then I fear we may be on the wrong end of a cricket score.

I wonder if its time to go back to a back three, playing players in the positions they were signed to play, and hoping that gives us something more solid against Stockport & Bradford. We know Stockdale signed a squad to play that shape, so maybe that is what we have to do until January.

I think I'd be going with:

That lineup gives us tactical flexibility with subs and shape during the game, including:

Odoh for White
Malley on for Seriki with Keohane to RB
Ball on for Diagouraga
Sinclair on for Brierley, Keohane or Hendo

It feels like its getting desperate.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 19:44]
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:51 - Dec 5 with 6553 viewsEllDale

Changing formation had crossed my mind too over the weekend.
I discounted it though because it wasn’t working before even with the players being played in the positions in which they were intended.
EBJ’s preferred formation did beat Barrow though.
Perhaps 4-4-2 is needed or even 4-5-1 to stifle them?
To be honest I’d settle for a draw right now.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:56 - Dec 5 with 6536 viewsHullDale

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:51 - Dec 5 by EllDale

Changing formation had crossed my mind too over the weekend.
I discounted it though because it wasn’t working before even with the players being played in the positions in which they were intended.
EBJ’s preferred formation did beat Barrow though.
Perhaps 4-4-2 is needed or even 4-5-1 to stifle them?
To be honest I’d settle for a draw right now.

A lot of the goals we were conceding under Stockdale were from set pieces and, in the main, EBJ has improved that a lot.

There is no reason we can't attack defensive set pieces as we have been doing the last 10/11 weeks, and once cleared go back into shape with 3 at the back. I'm beginning to think the players are not capable of, or are choosing not to, be successful longer term in positions they were not signed to play.

The new manager dead cat bounce got us out of the bottom two... maybe we need some radical thinking to sustain us until we (hopefully) make major personnel changes in Jan.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:37 - Dec 6 with 6153 viewsAtThePeake

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:43 - Dec 5 by HullDale

For the first time this season, I am seriously not looking forward to the Dale game at the end of the week.

If EBJ does anything other than perform open heart surgery on the endeavour, commitment, effort, fitness and adherance to tactics across the whole squad this week then I fear we may be on the wrong end of a cricket score.

I wonder if its time to go back to a back three, playing players in the positions they were signed to play, and hoping that gives us something more solid against Stockport & Bradford. We know Stockdale signed a squad to play that shape, so maybe that is what we have to do until January.

I think I'd be going with:

That lineup gives us tactical flexibility with subs and shape during the game, including:

Odoh for White
Malley on for Seriki with Keohane to RB
Ball on for Diagouraga
Sinclair on for Brierley, Keohane or Hendo

It feels like its getting desperate.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 19:44]

Agree with the idea of going to a back three until we can sign some wingers because Hendo and Rodney aren't wingers and Odoh has zero end product. I'd make it more of a back five this weekend if possible though, literally just see how long we can hold out for.

I'm less confident of getting a result in this game against a team in the same division as us than I have been when we've played Championship/Premier League teams in the cup in the past. And that's not got anything to do with how good Stockport may or may not be.

How on earth we've signed as many players as we have and ended up with a squad that's short in both midfield and out wide is beyond me. I was thinking about it after Saturday's game and I'd go as far as to say we haven't made a good signing since BBM left. The few that you could potentially argue for either had a good spell and a bad spell with us (O'Keeffe, Dorsett) barely played through injury (Downing) or are in poor form right now (O'Donnell).

I don't know if there is any manager in our history that will have had as poor a recruitment record as Stockdale. He goes down as our worst manager since I started watching Dale I think, not just for how poor we were on the pitch under him but for the absolute mess he has left us in with this squad and the sheer number of players we have spent good money on that have proven to be nowhere near good enough for this level.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 21:29 - Dec 6 with 5647 viewsD_Alien

Just noticed that Stockport are playing Charlton in a 2nd round replay tomorrow night, bound to take something out of them

Any straws must be clutched at!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 21:49 - Dec 6 with 5608 viewsEllDale

Extra time and penalties please!
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 22:56 - Dec 6 with 5539 viewsEllDale

Charlton have just sacked manager Ben Garner as well.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 23:37 - Dec 6 with 5510 viewsSandyman

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:37 - Dec 6 by AtThePeake

Agree with the idea of going to a back three until we can sign some wingers because Hendo and Rodney aren't wingers and Odoh has zero end product. I'd make it more of a back five this weekend if possible though, literally just see how long we can hold out for.

I'm less confident of getting a result in this game against a team in the same division as us than I have been when we've played Championship/Premier League teams in the cup in the past. And that's not got anything to do with how good Stockport may or may not be.

How on earth we've signed as many players as we have and ended up with a squad that's short in both midfield and out wide is beyond me. I was thinking about it after Saturday's game and I'd go as far as to say we haven't made a good signing since BBM left. The few that you could potentially argue for either had a good spell and a bad spell with us (O'Keeffe, Dorsett) barely played through injury (Downing) or are in poor form right now (O'Donnell).

I don't know if there is any manager in our history that will have had as poor a recruitment record as Stockdale. He goes down as our worst manager since I started watching Dale I think, not just for how poor we were on the pitch under him but for the absolute mess he has left us in with this squad and the sheer number of players we have spent good money on that have proven to be nowhere near good enough for this level.

FRMSE ( "Former Rochdale Manager Steve Eyre" © Radio Bolton) definitely had the worst recruitment record in my eyes. Trotman, Balkenstein, et al ad infinitum.
Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 08:48 - Dec 7 with 5357 viewsAtThePeake

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 23:37 - Dec 6 by Sandyman

FRMSE ( "Former Rochdale Manager Steve Eyre" © Radio Bolton) definitely had the worst recruitment record in my eyes. Trotman, Balkenstein, et al ad infinitum.

Potentially, although he was only here long enough to sign 12 players and I'd say Darby and Ball weren't terrible signings.

Stockdale signed 31 players and to make matters worse, while the likes of Balkestein, Ecclestone and Barnes-Homer were brought in on short-term loan deals by Eyre, players like Rodney, Ball and John have been brought in on two year contracts by Stockdale. We are stuck with them.

Tangled up in blue.

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 15:35 - Dec 7 with 4961 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 21:29 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

Just noticed that Stockport are playing Charlton in a 2nd round replay tomorrow night, bound to take something out of them

Any straws must be clutched at!

Just noticed it's on ITV4 from what I read?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 16:27 - Dec 7 with 4887 viewsD_Alien

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 15:35 - Dec 7 by DaleiLama

Just noticed it's on ITV4 from what I read?

Indeed it is. Probably some arrangement ITV have with the EFL/FA around broadcasting rights

Might tune in for the last ten minutes

[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 16:28]

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 7 with 4760 viewsNorthernDale

Does anyone know, when Campbell, Kelly and White will be fit for the first team? I have not seen any recent updates on their recovery progress.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 17:44 - Dec 7 with 4732 viewsD_Alien

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 17:34 - Dec 7 by NorthernDale

Does anyone know, when Campbell, Kelly and White will be fit for the first team? I have not seen any recent updates on their recovery progress.

White played in the Central League fixture last week. Not sure why he wasn't on the bench last Saturday, maybe needed another week's training

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 17:52 - Dec 7 with 4718 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 17:44 - Dec 7 by D_Alien

White played in the Central League fixture last week. Not sure why he wasn't on the bench last Saturday, maybe needed another week's training

As I was going into the match he was chatting to a few folks in the car park in his civvies. Seemed ok - not doing a mummy impersonation or needing walking aids anyway.

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 4615 viewsTVOS1907

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 16:27 - Dec 7 by D_Alien

Indeed it is. Probably some arrangement ITV have with the EFL/FA around broadcasting rights

Might tune in for the last ten minutes

[Post edited 7 Dec 2022 16:28]

ITV and BBC have the FA Cup broadcast rights, including 2 replaying each of the first two rounds.

Gillingham v Dagenham is on tomorrow night.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 19:09 - Dec 7 with 4577 viewsD_Alien

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 18:55 - Dec 7 by TVOS1907

ITV and BBC have the FA Cup broadcast rights, including 2 replaying each of the first two rounds.

Gillingham v Dagenham is on tomorrow night.

Won't be an audience of millions, and an amazingly sharp contrast with Qatar during the break before the QFs

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 21:32 - Dec 7 with 4359 viewsHullDale

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:40 - Dec 9 with 3256 viewsHullDale

First one off. Admittedly its a longer travel distance for Portsmouth to Accy, but can't imagine we'll be far behind with an announcement.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:50 - Dec 9 with 3228 viewsDalenet

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:40 - Dec 9 by HullDale

First one off. Admittedly its a longer travel distance for Portsmouth to Accy, but can't imagine we'll be far behind with an announcement.

Hope not. Surely the frost covers will work - its not as though it has been -9 yet
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 10:15 - Dec 9 with 3171 viewsEllDale

The game at Accrington will have been postponed to stop Portsmouth from travelling today.
I presume that Stockport won't be staying overnight and so a decision won't be made until tomorrow morning.
I'll be setting at 10.30am though so would like to know before then.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 10:29 - Dec 9 with 3116 views442Dale

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 09:50 - Dec 9 by Dalenet

Hope not. Surely the frost covers will work - its not as though it has been -9 yet

It was -5 this morning, with the main problem being it’s been consecutive nights of frost with temperatures not raising much during the day.

50/50 at best.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 10:39 - Dec 9 with 3080 viewsDaleiLama

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 10:29 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

It was -5 this morning, with the main problem being it’s been consecutive nights of frost with temperatures not raising much during the day.

50/50 at best.

High of 2C today and 3 tomorrow with an overnight frost again tonight and yellow weather warnings for ice on untreated roads and paths.

In view of our fanbase not exclusively being of school age, maybe an early inspection and common sense could be employed so fans can plan accordingly?

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 11:02 - Dec 9 with 2999 viewsTVOS1907

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 10:15 - Dec 9 by EllDale

The game at Accrington will have been postponed to stop Portsmouth from travelling today.
I presume that Stockport won't be staying overnight and so a decision won't be made until tomorrow morning.
I'll be setting at 10.30am though so would like to know before then.

Are you walking?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 12:08 - Dec 9 with 2786 viewsEllDale

No but it takes an hour on the bus and I have a banking appointment in Rochdale at noon which I'd made to tie in with travelling across.
Will just have to wait and see.
Stockport County (h) Match Thread on 12:18 - Dec 9 with 2747 viewsoddjob007

A team bang in form who would no doubt take great pleasure in annihilating us... I wouldn't be trying too hard to get the game on if I were the club!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024