Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
14:21 - Mar 19 with 6468 viewsirishdale2022

[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 0:06]
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 15:28 - Mar 19 with 6337 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Vicar needs to look no further than yesterday's display by Austin to see how far away from a "fox in box" player he actually is.....
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 15:32 - Mar 19 with 6321 viewsTVOS1907

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 15:28 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

The Vicar needs to look no further than yesterday's display by Austin to see how far away from a "fox in box" player he actually is.....

To be fair, Austin is a player with Premier League and Championship ability in his younger days, not the League of Wales!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? (n/t) on 15:34 - Mar 19 with 6319 viewsirishdale2022

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 15:28 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? (n/t) on 16:01 - Mar 19 with 6269 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 15:32 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

To be fair, Austin is a player with Premier League and Championship ability in his younger days, not the League of Wales!

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:03 - Mar 19 with 6265 viewsYorkshire_Dale

PLEASE Sir, does that infer that Quigley is League of Wales standard at best, Sir PLEASE?
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:10 - Mar 19 with 6227 views49thseason

Quigley doesn't give defenders enough to think about, he gets caught too deep too often instead of being on the defender's shoulders. He is essentially a big lad who isnt a natural centre forward and doesn't seem to know what to do or when to do it. Admittedly he doesn't get a lot of service in the areas you would expect but then like McCavity the cat, he's not there when he needs to be! Austin gave him a free lesson on turning up on time at the right place yesterday, Bentley should make Quigley watch the video and make notes.
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:17 - Mar 19 with 6194 viewsD_Alien

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:10 - Mar 19 by 49thseason

Quigley doesn't give defenders enough to think about, he gets caught too deep too often instead of being on the defender's shoulders. He is essentially a big lad who isnt a natural centre forward and doesn't seem to know what to do or when to do it. Admittedly he doesn't get a lot of service in the areas you would expect but then like McCavity the cat, he's not there when he needs to be! Austin gave him a free lesson on turning up on time at the right place yesterday, Bentley should make Quigley watch the video and make notes.

I wouldn't waste Bentley's time. Some players just have that natural instinct and as i posted yesterday, it was a pleasure to watch even though it was hurting us

It'd hurt Quigley too, since he needs no reminder of the gulf between the two of them

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:18 - Mar 19 with 6178 viewsTVOS1907

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:03 - Mar 19 by Yorkshire_Dale

PLEASE Sir, does that infer that Quigley is League of Wales standard at best, Sir PLEASE?

No, it means that's where he started his playing career, as suggested by "in his younger days".

You're welcome.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 16:21]

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:30 - Mar 19 with 6123 viewsEllDale

He looked to be a useful asset when first signed, that awful penalty miss excepted. He scored a couple of decent goals.
Ever since that injury though he’s looked off the pace.
You can’t fault his misguided effort even though he seems to spend half the game wrestling.
What I will say is that this is a player who has been in two promotion teams from the National League and scored plenty of goals at that level if you’re looking at next season…..
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 17:27 - Mar 19 with 6056 viewsBillyRudd

Unlike some on here I do think he puts a shift in but a lot of it is wasted energy wrestling with defenders and debating with the referee. He is a journeyman at best.
However he seriously blotted his copybook with me yesterday when at 2-2 he was substituted and trudged slowly off the pitch with very poor body language. In our position he should have been sprinting off that pitch. Time wise it might not have made a difference (how added time is calculated is a total mystery to me) but as an action to maintain intensity for the cause I thought it was poor. Have I misread it?
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 17:29 - Mar 19 with 6043 views442Dale

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 17:27 - Mar 19 by BillyRudd

Unlike some on here I do think he puts a shift in but a lot of it is wasted energy wrestling with defenders and debating with the referee. He is a journeyman at best.
However he seriously blotted his copybook with me yesterday when at 2-2 he was substituted and trudged slowly off the pitch with very poor body language. In our position he should have been sprinting off that pitch. Time wise it might not have made a difference (how added time is calculated is a total mystery to me) but as an action to maintain intensity for the cause I thought it was poor. Have I misread it?

Nope, noticed the same thing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 19:48 - Mar 19 with 5857 viewselectricblue

Quiggs doesnt seem to win much of anything not even an arguement....

Even on the pitch he as poor body language and perhaps that is down to lack of confidence with not scoring.....

Quiggs is a big strong lad who should be pushing the two CBs and causing them issues which he doesnt one bit...

I cannot see him at Dale next season thank god as who would pay for him anyway. Sinclair will be back in the summer and perhaps He can form a partnership with Campbell......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 20:25 - Mar 19 with 5788 viewsirishdale2022

Have to say I disagree that he works hard. I fine him lacking any effort really and tends to stand in positions that mean he can’t get to CBS to press the ball. The only time I can agree with you on this is the odd burst of erratic pressing he does over a 20/30 yards generally by himself. I may be being harsh and it may just be a lack of tactical awareness but to me he just doesn’t look fit enough to get around the pitch in the first place. Compare him to a Jake Beesley for example
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 20:26 - Mar 19 with 5775 viewsdingdangblue

You just have to look back at the Bradford away win for me. Yes he came on as a late sub and didn't contribute much but it was a massive win at the time and at the end he just walked off whilst the rest of the player's/management team were hugging and applauding the away fans. His attitude stinks.
Funnily enough he had his best game for ages v Stevenage when we won previously at home but he regressed into his usual self yesterday. I'd start Hendo and Rodney next Sat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 20:28 - Mar 19 with 5780 viewsirishdale2022

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 19:48 - Mar 19 by electricblue

Quiggs doesnt seem to win much of anything not even an arguement....

Even on the pitch he as poor body language and perhaps that is down to lack of confidence with not scoring.....

Quiggs is a big strong lad who should be pushing the two CBs and causing them issues which he doesnt one bit...

I cannot see him at Dale next season thank god as who would pay for him anyway. Sinclair will be back in the summer and perhaps He can form a partnership with Campbell......

Sinclair an unused sub for Altrincham yesterday. Campbell looks to be injured again at Aldershot as he hasn’t featured in the last two. I don’t think we can rely on these two either tbh
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? (n/t) on 20:30 - Mar 19 with 5769 viewsirishdale2022

[Post edited 18 Apr 2023 0:07]
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 08:39 - Mar 22 with 5000 viewswheniwasyourage

Ah.... is this the time where I say 'aqueducts?'

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 11:39 - Mar 25 with 4382 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? on 16:18 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

No, it means that's where he started his playing career, as suggested by "in his younger days".

You're welcome.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2023 16:21]

Yes but, has he actually grown up or still a petulant kid?
on 19:13 - Apr 18 with 3766 viewskel

Not in the squad tonight.

Why’s the OP been edited weeks later?
on 19:31 - Apr 18 with 3667 viewsTVOS1907

on 19:13 - Apr 18 by kel

Not in the squad tonight.

Why’s the OP been edited weeks later?

To try to throw people off the scent, but it hasn't worked.

on 10:29 - Apr 19 with 3360 viewsZac_B

on 19:31 - Apr 18 by TVOS1907

To try to throw people off the scent, but it hasn't worked.

It's like watching a five-year old trying to backtrack. Just bizarre and embarrassing.
Scott Quigley-What does he give us? (n/t) on 09:43 - Apr 20 with 2935 viewsZac_B

Scott Quigley-What does he give us? (n/t) on 15:34 - Mar 19 by irishdale2022

Any update on what Scott Quigley gives us?
on 15:06 - Apr 20 with 2703 viewsforeverhopefulDale

This thread has been destroyed through edit, any chance please ADMIN of restoration of deleted posts?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

on 18:33 - Apr 20 with 2577 viewsChaffRAFC

on 15:06 - Apr 20 by foreverhopefulDale

This thread has been destroyed through edit, any chance please ADMIN of restoration of deleted posts?

No, this thread has turned into a childish playground style load of nonsense and I'm tempted to delete the lot.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

…original post by Mrs BBM on 18:52 - Apr 20 with 2507 viewsforeverhopefulDale

on 18:33 - Apr 20 by ChaffRAFC

No, this thread has turned into a childish playground style load of nonsense and I'm tempted to delete the lot.

That's true, and fair enough. It's just pathetic that some want to delete their posts because for what ever reason they realise that it's no longer a good idea for them to be read.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2023 18:59]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024