Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The thoughts of Gary Jones 10:19 - May 2 with 2709 viewsSuddenLad

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1492623_dale-ju

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:31 - May 2 with 2284 viewsfitzochris

That last sentence is more telling than anything else in that article and can be read in a number of ways too.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:41 - May 2 with 2249 viewsFred_Talbot

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:31 - May 2 by fitzochris

That last sentence is more telling than anything else in that article and can be read in a number of ways too.

Exactly what I thought!

Where's Fred?

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:47 - May 2 with 2237 viewsdalenumber2

This is his interview on Daleplayer
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:59 - May 2 with 2214 viewsphomem

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:47 - May 2 by dalenumber2

This is his interview on Daleplayer

That's the obs norm rip off the sale player interviews
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:22 - May 2 with 2163 viewsAtThePeake

I just read it as "I'm off boys"

Tangled up in blue.

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:33 - May 2 with 2149 viewsD_Alien

I disagree.

I reckon Jonah will want to stay and have a good season to end his playing career; the article is a litany of his annoyance at one bad season.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 12:22 - May 2 with 2066 viewsPDIDDY

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:33 - May 2 by D_Alien

I disagree.

I reckon Jonah will want to stay and have a good season to end his playing career; the article is a litany of his annoyance at one bad season.

thats it, hes stayin cos alien says, end of

Gissa job

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 12:29 - May 2 with 2058 viewslurker

Sounds like he is off. IMO, should have happened 12 months ago.
Login to get fewer ads

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:17 - May 2 with 1845 viewssweetcorn

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 12:29 - May 2 by lurker

I'd love to be bothered to trawl back through all the threads on here and see what your say was when his contract was being discussed, i'm almost certain after the year he had just had you wernt saying we should get rid.

Fans on here are so fickle and change their mind and pretend like they had never said something, such as wanting jones only on a year, in reality no one could see Jones falling from grace quite as much as he actually as this season.. Most people like myself wanted to see him stay, regardless of contract length.

I wanted us to keep jonah, even on two year deal, as we'd just lost Hill, Dawson, Done and Wiseman, with uncertainty over a few others, i wanted to see our talismatic top scoring captain stay on and still want him to stay now, as he's one of the few players who have the club at heart, will put his body on the line for the club and will still be useful when used in the right capacity.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:36 - May 2 with 1803 viewsfitzochris

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:17 - May 2 by sweetcorn

I'd love to be bothered to trawl back through all the threads on here and see what your say was when his contract was being discussed, i'm almost certain after the year he had just had you wernt saying we should get rid.

Fans on here are so fickle and change their mind and pretend like they had never said something, such as wanting jones only on a year, in reality no one could see Jones falling from grace quite as much as he actually as this season.. Most people like myself wanted to see him stay, regardless of contract length.

I wanted us to keep jonah, even on two year deal, as we'd just lost Hill, Dawson, Done and Wiseman, with uncertainty over a few others, i wanted to see our talismatic top scoring captain stay on and still want him to stay now, as he's one of the few players who have the club at heart, will put his body on the line for the club and will still be useful when used in the right capacity.

Unless his relationship with JC has become irreparable to the point it will create a negative influence in the dressing room, I'm with you on this one.

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 16:23 - May 2 with 1738 viewsD_Alien

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:36 - May 2 by fitzochris

Unless his relationship with JC has become irreparable to the point it will create a negative influence in the dressing room, I'm with you on this one.

For me, the more interesting comment in the last paragraph is Jonah "being asked" what he wanted to do. I doubt JC would be giving him an option if the fallout was irreparable, at least on JC's part. And I doubt Jonah would make that point in the media if there was a real issue between them.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 19:10 - May 2 with 1590 viewsTalkingSutty

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:17 - May 2 by sweetcorn

Agree with that.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 19:46 - May 2 with 1509 viewsfitzochris

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 16:23 - May 2 by D_Alien

For me, the more interesting comment in the last paragraph is Jonah "being asked" what he wanted to do. I doubt JC would be giving him an option if the fallout was irreparable, at least on JC's part. And I doubt Jonah would make that point in the media if there was a real issue between them.

It happens. Both players and managers use the press to make points/get new contracts/court transfers etc etc

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 23:09 - May 2 with 1373 viewsdalenumber2

I think he will want to stay - what other options are available to him? Whether JC will play him is another matter. Appreciate how much Jonah has done for the club, but I do think he is liable to upset the applecart and I would not be surprised if JC wanted to get cut out the 'old wood', Jonah being a major part of the tree trunk.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 23:10 - May 2 with 1371 viewsShun

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 16:23 - May 2 by D_Alien

I thought the same about that sentence. It implies there has been tension between them, but the relationship isn't beyond repair.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 23:16 - May 2 with 1359 viewsDorkingDale

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:22 - May 2 by AtThePeake

I just read it as "I'm off boys"

Where to? Don't think they'll be queuing up at his age...
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 23:34 - May 2 with 1337 viewspioneer

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 23:16 - May 2 by DorkingDale

Where to? Don't think they'll be queuing up at his age...

. . . and after the season he has just had.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:00 - May 3 with 1202 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Bit of an oxymoron that posting!
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:06 - May 3 with 1195 viewsfitzochris

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:00 - May 3 by Albert_Whitehurst

Bit of an oxymoron that posting!

No matter what way you read that last sentence, it is the most telling thing in the article.

That better?

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 13:51 - May 3 with 1043 viewsDaleFan7

Another one I wouldn't be bothered to see go tbh.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 14:23 - May 3 with 1026 viewsjohnofheywood

Hope he sees out his contract, but for his sake hope he and Coleman can agree that he be used in a more sparing way next season. His legs haven't gone, but he was run into the ground this season, and looked jaded at the end. His name shouldn't be an automatic on the team sheet next season, he should have games spaced out and targeted where he can have maximum impact and influence. He's been a great servant to this club, and the club should be looking at converting him this season to player/ coach, if that's what he wants. All depending on hat Mr Coleman wants, of course!
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:39 - May 3 with 988 viewsSkiptonDale

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 12:29 - May 2 by lurker

So after hitting 17 goals from midfield the season before, you thought 'Nah, not good enough. Cya Jonah' ???
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 20:03 - May 3 with 875 viewssweetcorn

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 15:39 - May 3 by SkiptonDale

So after hitting 17 goals from midfield the season before, you thought 'Nah, not good enough. Cya Jonah' ???

Did you not know lurker is a prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ, who saw 12 months into the future to see the demise of Gary Jones from one of league ones finest midfielders to his performances this season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

The thoughts of Gary Jones on 10:53 - May 4 with 805 viewskirbys

You know what so many posters on this thread forget is the fact that in a struggling side, all performances suffer. Only JK has manged to produce something akin to last seasons effort but he was an exception.
Jonah's game is about attacking support, it always has been and probably always will be. This season our frontal attacking threat has been powder puff. This consitent fact has made Jonahs game much more difficult.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and no one on this site can doubt he has suffered match in match out in a side of endless change and with some players without the drive and skill to make survival possible.
I believe him when he described his discussion with JC, the pair probably have a lot in common, a fact that can make for confrontation now and then. But if they can reach a mutual understanding and trust, and I believe that can be possible, with their massive experience of the game they can make a great partnership. I hope he stays to make us wonder why anyone ever doubted his passion, honesty and leadership.
The thoughts of Gary Jones on 11:02 - May 4 with 793 viewsSuddenLad

What Gary Jones has, without a doubt, is massive experience at League Two level. That is priceless in any team.

He may not have the legs, and he's probably not a 46 games-for-90 minutes player any more, but he certainly has the passion and if he can be used more sparingly he will still be a great asset to Rochdale. He has 1 year left on his contract, and that should be used to his - and the clubs' - best advantage.

He can be as much use off the field as he can on the field with his knowledge and if we are to recruit players who have John Colemans' work ethic, then he is a good man to have about, because he never Jonah has never shirked a challenge nor shied away from hard work. I hope it works.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024