Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour De France 19:29 - Jan 23 with 1266 viewsColDale

is coming to Rochdale next year apparently
Tour De France on 19:35 - Jan 23 with 1250 viewsnordenblue

Apparently starting in Leeds then up to Harrogate the next stage so wonder if its a couple of days in then?
Tour De France on 19:41 - Jan 23 with 1218 views442Dale

Tour De France on 19:35 - Jan 23 by nordenblue

Apparently starting in Leeds then up to Harrogate the next stage so wonder if its a couple of days in then?

They had the routes on SSN last week, the nearest it got was Stage 2 from York-Sheffield which passes through Hebden Bridge.

Maybe they've amended it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tour De France on 19:44 - Jan 23 with 1195 viewsoff2div1

Hebden Bridge is nearest you get it Starts in Leeds just downth road for me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2263911/Tour-France-2014-ro

Photo 4 looks interesting
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Tour De France on 19:50 - Jan 23 with 1174 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Tour De France on 19:44 - Jan 23 by off2div1

Hebden Bridge is nearest you get it Starts in Leeds just downth road for me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2263911/Tour-France-2014-ro

Photo 4 looks interesting

They have to do 25 laps around Freehold - at least Lance Armstrong would like that!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Tour De France on 20:38 - Jan 23 with 1104 viewsyorkshirefan

Its going up Cragg Vale to the top of Blackstone Edge before turning left down to Ripponden. It'll be a popular place to watch it though so i can imagine cars being parked down to Littleborough and a long walk up.
Tour De France on 20:45 - Jan 23 with 1077 viewsdownunder

Tour De France on 20:38 - Jan 23 by yorkshirefan

Its going up Cragg Vale to the top of Blackstone Edge before turning left down to Ripponden. It'll be a popular place to watch it though so i can imagine cars being parked down to Littleborough and a long walk up.

Cragg Vale, the longest continuous climb in England, and a favourite training route for local cyclists. Le Tour is on my Bucket list, so maybe a trip back to the UK to be planned. Hope Dale organise some good pre season friendlies to go with it.
Tour De France on 20:49 - Jan 23 with 1058 viewsBigKindo

Going past my daughter's house in Mytholmroyd. Reserved my spot. Will be wearing a blue and white hooped jersey and beret whilst selling strings of Yorkshire onions.
Tour De France on 20:53 - Jan 23 with 1047 viewsyorkshirefan

Tour De France on 20:45 - Jan 23 by downunder

Cragg Vale, the longest continuous climb in England, and a favourite training route for local cyclists. Le Tour is on my Bucket list, so maybe a trip back to the UK to be planned. Hope Dale organise some good pre season friendlies to go with it.

To be honest i dont think Cragg Vale will really slow the riders down as the gradient isn't there, you'd be better watching them up Ripponden bank as it's a fair bit steeper, though shorter and narrower so decent vantage points will be more difficult.

It is definitely worth watching if you'reat all interested, i've seen it 5 times in various places though never going along roads i regularly ride along myself.
Login to get fewer ads

Tour De France on 22:23 - Jan 23 with 959 viewsD_Dale

Tour De France on 19:50 - Jan 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

They have to do 25 laps around Freehold - at least Lance Armstrong would like that!!!!

And he could make a quick stop to use some of the other local facilities ... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267057/Staggering-72m-staked-crack-coca
Tour De France on 03:47 - Jan 24 with 873 viewsdownunder

Will Christ on his bike be competing?
Tour De France on 07:50 - Jan 24 with 837 viewsTTNYear

Tour De France on 03:47 - Jan 24 by downunder

Will Christ on his bike be competing?

Depends if Heinz57 turns up

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Tour De France on 18:08 - Jan 26 with 696 viewsThreeLions

Its deffo coming through the borough, the York-Sheffield leg will come down from Tod and turn left in Littleborough centre before heading up Blackstone Edge towards Ripponden
Tour De France on 18:14 - Jan 26 with 690 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Tour De France on 18:08 - Jan 26 by ThreeLions

Its deffo coming through the borough, the York-Sheffield leg will come down from Tod and turn left in Littleborough centre before heading up Blackstone Edge towards Ripponden

Not the case 3L
Tour De France on 18:22 - Jan 26 with 682 viewsDaley_Lama

Shall we organise a Rochdale shirt wearing collective nearer the time?

Poll: DF in or out

Tour De France on 18:26 - Jan 26 with 672 views442Dale

Tour De France on 18:14 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not the case 3L

The Ob makes it look like it's through Littleboro' but it drops back towards Yorkshire after reaching Blackstone Edge past the reservoir. The White House could earn a few bob that day.

Tour De France on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 651 viewsD_Alien

Tour De France on 18:26 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

The Ob makes it look like it's through Littleboro' but it drops back towards Yorkshire after reaching Blackstone Edge past the reservoir. The White House could earn a few bob that day.

Is Barack Obama having a bet on t' stage winner?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tour De France on 18:46 - Jan 26 with 634 views442Dale

Tour De France on 18:37 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Is Barack Obama having a bet on t' stage winner?

No, but David and his family like a flutter.

Tour De France on 19:26 - Jan 26 with 592 viewsThreeLions

Tour De France on 18:14 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Not the case 3L

I stand corrected just had another look at the map of the route
Tour De France on 20:06 - Jan 26 with 544 viewsTVOS1907

Tour De France on 18:26 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

The map and the article seem to suggest Haworth (not Andy) into Hebden Bridge, then down to Mytholmroyd and up Cragg Vale, turning left at the top onto the A58 towards Ripponden, then Elland, etc.

The top end of Cragg Vale and a little along the A58 are still within Littleborough, so that's the bit they seem to mean.

If they were coming into the centre of Littleborough from Hebden Bridge and Todmorden, it would mention the A6033.

But the White House will still be close enough to capture the spectators.

At least I think so, anyway.

#exclusiveroute

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Tour De France on 20:27 - Jan 26 with 520 viewsdannyuk

Tour De France on 20:06 - Jan 26 by TVOS1907

The map and the article seem to suggest Haworth (not Andy) into Hebden Bridge, then down to Mytholmroyd and up Cragg Vale, turning left at the top onto the A58 towards Ripponden, then Elland, etc.

The top end of Cragg Vale and a little along the A58 are still within Littleborough, so that's the bit they seem to mean.

If they were coming into the centre of Littleborough from Hebden Bridge and Todmorden, it would mention the A6033.

But the White House will still be close enough to capture the spectators.

At least I think so, anyway.

#exclusiveroute

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024