Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill interview on Dale player 14:05 - Jul 15 with 4817 viewsfermin

Partial summary here (mainly about the Halifax game):

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill100-915674.aspx

There were a couple of other items of interest that have been discussed on here. Blackpool have made an offer for Grant but that it has been rejected. If they come back with a better one then Grant will probably go. Lillis has an injury but should be back for the Macclesfield or Preston games - if not then we will look to get someone in.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hill interview on Dale player on 19:12 - Jul 15 with 4528 viewsChaffRAFC

Lois Maynard found it strange in the Halifax game, it was new, like your first taste of lasagne when you're used to egg on toast.

Genius line.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:23 - Jul 15 with 4483 viewsdale_spotland

Shocked to see the grant to blackpool rumour is true, does anyone actually think he is a championship player?

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:30 - Jul 15 with 4456 viewsmacro

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:12 - Jul 15 by ChaffRAFC

Lois Maynard found it strange in the Halifax game, it was new, like your first taste of lasagne when you're used to egg on toast.

Genius line.

So if Dale are lasagne what are bury?

obsessed
Hill interview on Dale player on 19:32 - Jul 15 with 4447 viewsSuddenLad

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:23 - Jul 15 by dale_spotland

Shocked to see the grant to blackpool rumour is true, does anyone actually think he is a championship player?

Paul Ince does. We should hold out for £200,000.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:54 - Jul 15 with 4399 viewsMoonyDale

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:32 - Jul 15 by SuddenLad

They will have offered some derisory figure....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:15 - Jul 15 with 4345 viewsBartRowou

Hill interview on Dale player on 19:32 - Jul 15 by SuddenLad

I think he's as good as Le Fondre, Dagnall, Perkins and all the other ex Dale featuring in the Championship next season. I saw a fair few Championship games last year and he'd have no trouble fitting in.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:36 - Jul 15 with 4294 viewsTalkingSutty

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:15 - Jul 15 by BartRowou

I think he's as good as Le Fondre, Dagnall, Perkins and all the other ex Dale featuring in the Championship next season. I saw a fair few Championship games last year and he'd have no trouble fitting in.

Agree with that, Grants a cut above league two. He doesnt cover himself in glory with his shennanigans both on and off the field at times but he is a goalscorer and with him in your team there is always a chance of a goal.

If the opposition have Grant up front you automatically pick him out as a dangerman. The goal at Halifax was typical Grant,quality.

His goal at Exeter last season was up there with Dagnalls at Rushden and Diamonds,i think he leaves as a fans favourite in most supporters eyes !!
Hill interview on Dale player on 21:32 - Jul 15 with 4190 views442Dale

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:15 - Jul 15 by BartRowou

He's no Marcus Tudgay.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Hill interview on Dale player on 01:42 - Jul 16 with 3986 viewsdale_spotland

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:36 - Jul 15 by TalkingSutty

Agree with that, Grants a cut above league two. He doesnt cover himself in glory with his shennanigans both on and off the field at times but he is a goalscorer and with him in your team there is always a chance of a goal.

If the opposition have Grant up front you automatically pick him out as a dangerman. The goal at Halifax was typical Grant,quality.

His goal at Exeter last season was up there with Dagnalls at Rushden and Diamonds,i think he leaves as a fans favourite in most supporters eyes !!

I have no doubt he leaves as a fans favourite and a top league 2 player, however I'm not sure he is championship standard, all teams had to do last season was double up on him and he was quiet and struggled to do anything, he certainly could grow into a good championship squad player, I'm just not sure he's there yet.

Hill interview on Dale player on 07:57 - Jul 16 with 3896 viewsaleanddale

In his head - Premiership.

ability - Championship ( just about IMHO )

Baggage - Conference North.

That just about sums him up for me.
Hill interview on Dale player on 11:06 - Jul 16 with 3763 viewsAtThePeake

Hill interview on Dale player on 01:42 - Jul 16 by dale_spotland

I have no doubt he leaves as a fans favourite and a top league 2 player, however I'm not sure he is championship standard, all teams had to do last season was double up on him and he was quiet and struggled to do anything, he certainly could grow into a good championship squad player, I'm just not sure he's there yet.

To be fair, the other players mentioned that went on to play in the Championship (Perkins, Le Fondre, Dagnall, O'Grady, Buckley) were all playing together - I'm sure they'd have struggled to had teams doubled up on them, difference was they couldn't afford to double up on them as then it would leave one of the others free.

Tangled up in blue.

Hill interview on Dale player on 11:17 - Jul 16 with 3736 viewsD_Alien

Hill interview on Dale player on 11:06 - Jul 16 by AtThePeake

To be fair, the other players mentioned that went on to play in the Championship (Perkins, Le Fondre, Dagnall, O'Grady, Buckley) were all playing together - I'm sure they'd have struggled to had teams doubled up on them, difference was they couldn't afford to double up on them as then it would leave one of the others free.

tbf Grant being classified in the same group as COG and Buckley leaves a lot of us doubled up

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill interview on Dale player on 11:39 - Jul 16 with 3699 viewsdale_spotland

Hill interview on Dale player on 11:06 - Jul 16 by AtThePeake

Aye I suppose you may have a point there, I still don't think he's a championship player, think he could be, just don't think his overall play is that of a 2nd tier footballer, and nowhere near as good as the names being mentioned such as dagnall, COG etc.

Hill interview on Dale player on 15:44 - Jul 16 with 3500 views442Dale

The Rochdale Ob has this story (tremendous work; the quotes must have been dead difficult to get, and a bonustastic huge picture of Grant with Lillis inset too), and the report says Grant "cost Dale a six figure sum".

Hill interview on Dale player on 15:46 - Jul 16 with 3495 viewsAtThePeake

Hill interview on Dale player on 11:39 - Jul 16 by dale_spotland

Aye I suppose you may have a point there, I still don't think he's a championship player, think he could be, just don't think his overall play is that of a 2nd tier footballer, and nowhere near as good as the names being mentioned such as dagnall, COG etc.

For what it's worth, I agree - just replying in reference to the doubling up point. The only player I remember being 'doubled up' on was Buckley a couple of times and he hardly struggled with it - but Grant isn't fit to lace Buckley's boots.

Tangled up in blue.

Hill interview on Dale player on 15:48 - Jul 16 with 3486 viewsAtThePeake

Hill interview on Dale player on 15:44 - Jul 16 by 442Dale

The Rochdale Ob has this story (tremendous work; the quotes must have been dead difficult to get, and a bonustastic huge picture of Grant with Lillis inset too), and the report says Grant "cost Dale a six figure sum".

Would love to know where they got that information.

One can only presume they are counting the £ sign or the comma. (Not serious before one of the many b*ry fans on here comes in and calls me an idiot.)

Tangled up in blue.

Hill interview on Dale player on 17:14 - Jul 16 with 3372 viewsfitzochris

The MEN also carries a Northwich match report that is shamelessly lifted and tweaked from our OS.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill interview on Dale player on 17:50 - Jul 16 with 3299 viewspioneer

Hill interview on Dale player on 15:48 - Jul 16 by AtThePeake

Would love to know where they got that information.

One can only presume they are counting the £ sign or the comma. (Not serious before one of the many b*ry fans on here comes in and calls me an idiot.)

four pounds ten and three hapence is six figures for those who remember old money
Hill interview on Dale player on 20:36 - Jul 16 with 3179 views442Dale

Hill interview on Dale player on 17:14 - Jul 16 by fitzochris

The MEN also carries a Northwich match report that is shamelessly lifted and tweaked from our OS.

Aren't those who work hard putting these features together at the club slightly bothered that it's used in such a way?

Especially interviews. If just one person thinks there's no point in buying DalePlayer the result is less income.

Hill interview on Dale player on 08:02 - Jul 17 with 3000 viewswmgunit

Hill interview on Dale player on 20:36 - Jul 16 by 442Dale

Aren't those who work hard putting these features together at the club slightly bothered that it's used in such a way?

Especially interviews. If just one person thinks there's no point in buying DalePlayer the result is less income.

It is not worth Rochdale getting into a tiff with MEN over this as the likely outcome, less coverage for Dale by Observer and MEN, would ultimately be worse than having to suffer MEN lifting stuff from the website.
Hill interview on Dale player on 08:15 - Jul 17 with 2989 viewsoff2div1

£1000.00 six figure sum
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024