Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club satement 11:33 - Apr 7 with 11604 viewsjudd

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/clubstatement-07.04.14-1472444.aspx

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club satement on 11:33 - Apr 7 with 5484 viewsjudd

Statement,obv.

Club satement on 11:36 - Apr 7 with 5463 viewsMoonyDale

Club satement on 11:33 - Apr 7 by judd

Statement,obv.

Just read that from a link on FB, that is one hell of a chunk of debt to be taking on Judd. We need those shares back though.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Club satement on 11:36 - Apr 7 with 5462 viewsDaley_Lama

Please don't tell me that somebody is in arrears to The Stadium company once more?

Poll: DF in or out

Club satement on 11:38 - Apr 7 with 5449 viewsjudd

But to gain control and have the stadium managed along the same lines as the football club is a magnificent thought.

Club satement on 11:43 - Apr 7 with 5409 viewsjudd

Does this mean we'll get some new furniture?

Club satement on 11:45 - Apr 7 with 5402 viewsColDale

Club satement on 11:36 - Apr 7 by Daley_Lama

Please don't tell me that somebody is in arrears to The Stadium company once more?

wasnt at the AGM so might be way off, but I believe the debt is for a mortgage on the main stand that is due to be paid in the next few years rather than non payment.
Club satement on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 5383 viewsDaley_Lama

Cheers Col

I'd certainly be up for reading a Chris Dumphy biog whenever the time comes to relinquish his position.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 11:51]

Club satement on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 5382 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Dunphy has no option but to do as he has. The time has come for Dale to take control of the situation. There's absolutely no possibility that this situation can be allowed to continue. The future security of Rochdale AFC is his priority and he is doing absolutely the right thing.

This farce has continued for long enough.

I would love to see a breakdown of how the debt has accrued to a staggering amount such as that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Club satement on 11:49 - Apr 7 with 5379 viewsColDale

the decision to go public with this is no doubt prompted by rumours at Hornets game yesterday
http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/250945-hornets-shares-held-by-the-
Club statement on 11:50 - Apr 7 with 5364 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Can there be any doubt still (as has been levelled at Mr. Chairman historically) that he has the best interests of the Football Club at heart?

Up The Dale!
Club satement on 11:51 - Apr 7 with 5362 viewsjudd

Club satement on 11:49 - Apr 7 by ColDale

the decision to go public with this is no doubt prompted by rumours at Hornets game yesterday
http://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php/topic/250945-hornets-shares-held-by-the-

Your ex-girlfriend appears to be a bit of a slag, Pinky.

Club satement on 12:02 - Apr 7 with 5295 viewsKenBoon

Interesting that someone on that thread says the RFL value the shares at millions. If the debt is so big then they shouldn't be worth anything. If they do try playing hard-ball, maybe the club should look to ground options elsewhere?
Club satement on 12:02 - Apr 7 with 5295 viewsdingdangblue

Hogans definitely got to go for £1 million now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club satement on 12:03 - Apr 7 with 5292 viewsColDale

Club satement on 11:51 - Apr 7 by judd

Your ex-girlfriend appears to be a bit of a slag, Pinky.

I prefer the term sexually liberated.
Club satement on 12:04 - Apr 7 with 5285 viewsjudd

Club satement on 12:03 - Apr 7 by ColDale

I prefer the term sexually liberated.

Oh she is that.

Erm...

Club satement on 12:08 - Apr 7 with 5253 viewsColDale

It does need saying that none of this is news, and from what I am led to believe, there is an affordable plan in place for this.

Arguably, its in everyone's best interests for this to go through. When the RFL inherited the shares through default, they also inherited this debt, and I doubt very much that they wish to repay these Stadium Company responsibilities. I think its about five or six years away from being repaid, so our bargaining power grows by the day. It's clear that Hornets will never be in a position to put in a rival bid, given the debt that it incurs.
Club satement on 12:13 - Apr 7 with 5216 viewsDale23years

Club satement on 12:08 - Apr 7 by ColDale

It does need saying that none of this is news, and from what I am led to believe, there is an affordable plan in place for this.

Arguably, its in everyone's best interests for this to go through. When the RFL inherited the shares through default, they also inherited this debt, and I doubt very much that they wish to repay these Stadium Company responsibilities. I think its about five or six years away from being repaid, so our bargaining power grows by the day. It's clear that Hornets will never be in a position to put in a rival bid, given the debt that it incurs.

So does this mean we ll have total control of the stadium (ie studds bar and the food outlets)and all profit (if any) goes directly to Rochdale football club.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Club satement on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 5191 viewsKenBoon

Club satement on 12:08 - Apr 7 by ColDale

Yeah. All those shares are worthless. In taking on Metro Rochdale's share, they're saving the council tax payers money. The RFL will never make money from Spotland as they cannot even sell it to builders or aldi or something. Hornets need a Euro Millions win to afford it. However since Rugby League isn't known for being super intelligent in the organisation stakes, i'm sure they'll make it difficult. 'cos, if you didn't know already, they SAVED 25 YEARS ago from having houses built on it!!!
Club satement on 12:15 - Apr 7 with 5187 viewsDaley_Lama

One thinh Hornets do have is a forum that works better for Iphones.

Can we buy that too?

Club satement on 12:22 - Apr 7 with 5136 viewsColDale

Club satement on 12:15 - Apr 7 by Daley_Lama

One thinh Hornets do have is a forum that works better for Iphones.

Can we buy that too?

It's in the pipeline at some stage for something similar but no idea on a timescale.
Club satement on 12:27 - Apr 7 with 5110 views49thseason

If RMBC can be persuaded to sell their % to RAFC, the Rugby League would be in a weaker negotiating position as a minority holder. Given that RMBC are anxious to divest themselves of properties at the moment, the timing of this could be about right.
Club satement on 12:28 - Apr 7 with 5099 viewsSandyman

Club satement on 12:02 - Apr 7 by KenBoon

Interesting that someone on that thread says the RFL value the shares at millions. If the debt is so big then they shouldn't be worth anything. If they do try playing hard-ball, maybe the club should look to ground options elsewhere?

Seem to recall (old version) Hornets placing an inflated value on their shares in the Stadium Company. They are practically worthless to the RFL in real terms as they won't be able sell them to, say, a property developer with sitting tenants (RAFC and RMBC) who own the majority of the shares and won't be moving. RFL posturing to hike the price up methinks - RAFC the only possible party interested in these shares - and do the RFL really want to be responsible for all that debt which THEY own ?

Hornets would crap their selves if RAFC decided to move to a new build site. Where would they play? This is the best deal for them - if they don't like it, bye bye.
Club satement on 12:31 - Apr 7 with 5076 viewsjudd

Club satement on 12:27 - Apr 7 by 49thseason

If RMBC can be persuaded to sell their % to RAFC, the Rugby League would be in a weaker negotiating position as a minority holder. Given that RMBC are anxious to divest themselves of properties at the moment, the timing of this could be about right.

Not sure the acquisition of RMBC shares alone would give us any extra bargaining power. I seem to recall the articles of association require a crazy majority vote way above 50.1% of shareholding, such that mathematically it became impossible for RAFC directors on the SC board to get anything passed.

Club satement on 12:42 - Apr 7 with 5024 viewsHopwoodblue

Would obtaining the shares enable Dunphy to sell the ground and move us to a new
ground somewhere (maybe Kingsway) which would be Ironic ?

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Club satement (n/t) on 12:43 - Apr 7 with 5021 viewsHopwoodblue

[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 12:58]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024