Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another three points 17:30 - Mar 25 with 5694 views442Dale

Solid throughout and a victory that never really looked in doubt even when they scored first.

The Holt effect cannot be underestimated even when he's not having a spectacular game. He's basically running our side and controlling the referee, the opposition often look in awe. Their no.5 was intimidated on name alone.

Camps, Allen and Rose are looking a very effective midfield three right now and you can see the confidence in Allen's game all of a sudden - the goal typified that. At the back the 'kick it away first, ask questions later' philosophy is paying massive dividends and yet again I'd ask where we'd be if we hadn't stuck with bloody Lan....

Anyway, this is turning into yet another remarkable season after a error of time when we looked to be meandering nowhere. Credt to the manager and players alike.

Wigan will be ace, no pressure and everything to gain.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Another three points on 17:38 - Mar 25 with 4037 viewsColDale

I know its been stated elsewhere, but Joe Raff was wonderful today and even without his left footed goal, should have been a candidate for man of the match.
Another three points on 17:41 - Mar 25 with 3990 viewsShun

An absolutely fantastic win against a good side. We're just brilliant to watch at the moment, I love it. The excitement factor that's been missing for the majority of the season is definitely back. That second half today was a joy to watch, and the confidence in the side was so visible. Holt, Camps, McDermott, Rafferty, there were quite a few man of the match contenders, but really everyone contributed to a good, highly enjoyable win. Quite a few of the Southend fans applauded when McDermott's man of the match award was announced.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 17:47]
Another three points on 17:42 - Mar 25 with 3959 viewsD_Alien

We are solid throughout but make no mistake, Southend are one of the better sides we've seen at Spotland this season; some of their flowing moves were easy on the eye.

But we ended up trouncing them.

You've put it perfectly about Holt, but he must be pleased to have come into a side that's got so much talent in it, and now being released to show it through having confidence in the back five.

McDermott is a relevation and I think he'll get even better. Fully deserved MoM but special mentions for Rafferty and McNulty.

I said after the Oldham game that Henderson shouldn't win his place back automatically and I stick with that. Starting from the bench at Wigan will give him a message he needs to hear, and although NML didn't set anything alight this afternoon the overall performance and result suggests he wouldn't deserve to be making way.

Roll on Monday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Another three points on 17:45 - Mar 25 with 3925 views442Dale

Another three points on 17:42 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

We are solid throughout but make no mistake, Southend are one of the better sides we've seen at Spotland this season; some of their flowing moves were easy on the eye.

But we ended up trouncing them.

You've put it perfectly about Holt, but he must be pleased to have come into a side that's got so much talent in it, and now being released to show it through having confidence in the back five.

McDermott is a relevation and I think he'll get even better. Fully deserved MoM but special mentions for Rafferty and McNulty.

I said after the Oldham game that Henderson shouldn't win his place back automatically and I stick with that. Starting from the bench at Wigan will give him a message he needs to hear, and although NML didn't set anything alight this afternoon the overall performance and result suggests he wouldn't deserve to be making way.

Roll on Monday

Can see Henderson coming in for Holt based purely on the fact the latter did 90 minutes and we play again soon.

Another three points on 17:46 - Mar 25 with 3896 viewsD_Alien

Another three points on 17:45 - Mar 25 by 442Dale

Can see Henderson coming in for Holt based purely on the fact the latter did 90 minutes and we play again soon.

Possibly, but it'll be an act of bravery to tell Holty he's not starting!

Another three points on 17:47 - Mar 25 with 3860 views442Dale

Another three points on 17:38 - Mar 25 by ColDale

I know its been stated elsewhere, but Joe Raff was wonderful today and even without his left footed goal, should have been a candidate for man of the match.

Yeah, we had him down at MotM. He's benefiting from the change in the way defend too, if in doubt get rid. Same or McNulty who has grown into the left back role and only looks susceptible when he chooses to think too much.

There's a difference between hoofing it forward as a tactic and smashing the ball away when defending.

Another three points on 17:49 - Mar 25 with 3832 views442Dale

Another three points on 17:46 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Possibly, but it'll be an act of bravery to tell Holty he's not starting!

He wouldn't even let Vincenti take a throw in to him late on.

Another three points on 18:01 - Mar 25 with 3701 viewsBigKindo

I wasn't happy with the way that the ref handled their three blatant dives in the box
Login to get fewer ads

Another three points on 18:10 - Mar 25 with 3602 viewsdingdangblue

Another three points on 18:01 - Mar 25 by BigKindo

I wasn't happy with the way that the ref handled their three blatant dives in the box

Or McNulty's yellow card for a perfect tackle.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Another three points on 18:20 - Mar 25 with 3520 viewsrod_leach

Someone at that end of the main stand told me he thought that McNulty could have been sent off for that challenge, with two feet off the floor and studs showing. Still, doesn't matter. I though the ref had a very decent game myself
Another three points on 18:21 - Mar 25 with 3513 viewsNewbury_Dale

The dropping of Lancashire has been the turning point.
Another three points on 18:25 - Mar 25 with 3467 viewsroccydaleian

Another three points on 18:20 - Mar 25 by rod_leach

Someone at that end of the main stand told me he thought that McNulty could have been sent off for that challenge, with two feet off the floor and studs showing. Still, doesn't matter. I though the ref had a very decent game myself

His feet looked to be on the floor and he won the ball, still two footed though, but thought the ref made the correct decision.
Another three points on 18:31 - Mar 25 with 3408 viewsonedalefan

Another three points on 18:25 - Mar 25 by roccydaleian

His feet looked to be on the floor and he won the ball, still two footed though, but thought the ref made the correct decision.

From the Pearl St end, looked as if he got it cleanly and was well away from their player. Ref obviously had a view from a different angle.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 18:34]
Another three points on 18:48 - Mar 25 with 3288 viewsaleanddale

6 wins last 7 games...

Monday will be tough. Wigan 4-0 up on 50 mins away at Swindon tonight.

No fear..... More of today on Monday would be fantastic!!!

Up the Dale!.

Nothing to lose we are in an amazing position after an incredible run!!
Another three points on 18:53 - Mar 25 with 3256 viewsD_Alien

Another three points on 18:48 - Mar 25 by aleanddale

6 wins last 7 games...

Monday will be tough. Wigan 4-0 up on 50 mins away at Swindon tonight.

No fear..... More of today on Monday would be fantastic!!!

Up the Dale!.

Nothing to lose we are in an amazing position after an incredible run!!

Absolutely no pressure on Monday, whatever the result. A draw would be very good indeed.

Doncaster up next, hammered 4-1 today by a struggling Colchester side. Doesn't mean we can take anything for granted at all, and I'm sure Hilly won't allow that but Donny's confidence must be shot.

Another three points on 19:11 - Mar 25 with 3135 viewsdingdangblue

Another three points on 18:31 - Mar 25 by onedalefan

From the Pearl St end, looked as if he got it cleanly and was well away from their player. Ref obviously had a view from a different angle.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 18:34]

That what I saw too. He slid and won the ball the 1 foot then their player fell over his legs. Infuriating that a Southend player did exactly the same later and he signalled he'd won the ball - just like McNulty had. Ah well - we won 4-1 so shouldn't really be too fussed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Another three points on 19:42 - Mar 25 with 2939 viewsbatfink

Let's hope Camps isn't injured and the sub was a precaution, he was holding the back of his right thigh for 5 min before he was subbed
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 20:46]
Another three points on 19:42 - Mar 25 with 2938 viewsDaley_Lama

Mcnulty was in possession of the ball and toe poked it to one of ours after his control let him down a bit.

Their player never had the ball,didn't touched the ball or even got near the ball. He tried to get the ball but fell over Jim's legs when the ball was gone.

No foul, no card, nothing.

Poll: DF in or out

Another three points on 19:55 - Mar 25 with 2847 viewsBigKindo

Another three points on 19:42 - Mar 25 by batfink

Let's hope Camps isn't injured and the sub was a precaution, he was holding the back of his right thigh for 5 min before he was subbed
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 20:46]

We thought that he looked k nackered.
Another three points on 20:07 - Mar 25 with 2794 viewsdingdangblue

Another three points on 19:42 - Mar 25 by Daley_Lama

Mcnulty was in possession of the ball and toe poked it to one of ours after his control let him down a bit.

Their player never had the ball,didn't touched the ball or even got near the ball. He tried to get the ball but fell over Jim's legs when the ball was gone.

No foul, no card, nothing.

I know, cant fathom this 'jumped in 2 footed with studs showing' opinion.

Another three points on 20:19 - Mar 25 with 2724 viewsroccydaleian

Another three points on 20:07 - Mar 25 by dingdangblue

I know, cant fathom this 'jumped in 2 footed with studs showing' opinion.

That's what it looked like to me and roccy jnr sat pretty much level with it in the moan stand.. Anyhow it matters not now.. Up The Dale.
Another three points on 20:24 - Mar 25 with 2687 viewsonedalefan

Another three points on 20:19 - Mar 25 by roccydaleian

That's what it looked like to me and roccy jnr sat pretty much level with it in the moan stand.. Anyhow it matters not now.. Up The Dale.

Don't sit in the 'moan' stand then.
Another three points on 20:28 - Mar 25 with 2660 viewsroccydaleian

Another three points on 20:24 - Mar 25 by onedalefan

Don't sit in the 'moan' stand then.

Oh sorry, the dyslexia's kikcing inn.
Another three points on 21:18 - Mar 25 with 2505 viewssandylaner1

credit to all the players but mcdermott is absolutely unplayable at the minute
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 21:19]
Another three points on 21:28 - Mar 25 with 2463 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Another three points on 21:18 - Mar 25 by sandylaner1

credit to all the players but mcdermott is absolutely unplayable at the minute
[Post edited 25 Mar 2016 21:19]